IGNORED

Trundle

awilko

If a player agree's a move, they do not get paid their contract out by their club. If Trundle is wanting compensation for his contract he can insist on high wage demands from his new club to cover it or a signing fee to cover his wages, that is normally what is done. Your new club gives you a signing fee to compensate the difference in wages between your contract and new one. However if we sell him and he agrees a new deal we do not have to pay up his contract.

i would seriously try and sell him to notts c and hope they want him

I wouldn't.

He's fit now so I'd give Trundle a go behind Maynard and Haynes.

You don't need huge pace in that position, just an eye for a sliderule defence splitting pass to the runners and the ability to shoot from distance.

Both of which Trundle would excel at.

It won't happen of course, great shame imo.

I wouldn't.

You don't need huge pace in that position, just an eye for a sliderule defence splitting pass to the runners and the ability to shoot from distance.

Yes, I agree, a great shame. Like Wilson , Trunds hasn't played in ages. He is not match fit and will get executed after one game, on here for it... :grr:

I wouldn't.

he hasn't performed for us so far in his city career so i dont think that will change now he must of really let himself go if only now is he ready for first team action it's a case of thanks for trying but it never worked out and for trundle to find his level

also i find it interesting doncaster take a risk on signing a injury prone brooker not one club has shown any interest in trundle only swindon that for me says it all

In The Sun today it claimed that Swindon had bid 250,000 for him which seems a much more likely bid. However I''m struggling to imagine us rejecting this bid as it states. If we have rejected that then quite frankly that was a terrible decision. We need to get him off the wage bill as quick as posisble IMO, I'd actually sell him for 25,000 to free up the wage bill.

I wouldn't.

Surprised it isn't Milan interested in him then and not Swindon.

Guest ashtonyate

We are going to take a loss on what ever we do It would be good what ever we got towards his wages ever 1K he gets going on loan is one less that City have to find,if a club is happy to pay half his wage then let him out on loan.

Surprised it isn't Milan interested in him then and not Swindon.

Who do you rate in the City squad then sipowicz?

Just so that I can prepare a banal and pointless sarcastic one liner for when you next make a case for them on this forum. :disapointed2se:

Who do you rate in the City squad then sipowicz?

Just so that I can prepare a banal and pointless sarcastic one liner for when you next make a case for them on this forum. :disapointed2se:

Gerken, Basso, Henderson, Orr (as a RB) Carey, J.Wilson, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Skuse, Hartley, Maynard, Haynes and Akinde, if you're bothered.

Personally I just wish you'd change the record on Trundle, he's clearly a good bloke and at the time I still maintain that he was as good a signing as we could have attracted, but he's simply proved to be not good enough for this level of football.

We tried every possible type of player alongside him but he is so one footed and doesn't have the pace or strength to be effective and based on his poor spell at Leeds may not be up to it one level down any more, either.

Would you willingly lose £5k per week? I wouldn't.

He could agree to take a pay cut and then the Velicka situation could happen to him, so I don't blame him for maximising his income.

I would. for the good of his career. Either that or spend alot of time on the sidelines when theres not long left in his career....

I would. for the good of his career. Either that or spend alot of time on the sidelines when theres not long left in his career....

Er, so... knowing you only have a couple of years of professional footall left you'd donate £250k to a Championship club that has frozen you out so that you could get a two year deal with Swindon? That would seem silly, Trundle can sit on his hands until BCFC give in and loan him out and will still get two years from a newly relegated league one club in south wales in the summer.

In The Sun today it claimed that Swindon had bid 250,000 for him which seems a much more likely bid. However I''m struggling to imagine us rejecting this bid as it states. If we have rejected that then quite frankly that was a terrible decision. We need to get him off the wage bill as quick as posisble IMO, I'd actually sell him for 25,000 to free up the wage bill.

Well, interestingly enough, if we're to believe The Daily Star (and we obviously shouldn't, but hey...), that's exactly the amount Swindon did bid for him. From City's very own pages:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1768401,00.html

£25,000 seems a bit of a joke; I would have thought he's still worth a three-figure sum. But hey, if it frees up the wage bill.

By the way, I saw LT23 driving away after the Palace match, and what a top bloke he is. He acknowledged and waved back at every single fan who waved at him. He didn't have to do that - he could have just pushed his way through the traffic and sped off, but he made sure he gave something back, however small, to the people who pay his wages.

I've still got the utmost respect for him. Remember, it's the club's initial decision whether or not he goes. I doubt very much he wants to sit around getting paid for doing nothing. As someone who came to the game late, I think he appreciates his career more and wants to enjoy playing football as long as possible.

Surely there are teams other than Swindon that are interested in him? He's not that old and can do a very good job in league one, if not the championship. You would think there would be one or two teams out there willing to take him on loan and pay his wages.

Having said that, if there isn't anyone i'd be happy enough for him to stay here and be used as a back up striker. There's been plenty of talk about signing a striker but given that they wouldn't necessarily be first choice anyway, why not just use Trundle?

There is no way this is true, seriously i cant believe people are discussing this like its real.

We would/should let him go for 25k just to get him off the wage bill. There is no way we're after 1million for him thats ridiculous. we payed 1m for him a few years back.

This is possibly the most stupid rumour ive ever heard.

PFFFFT!!!

Gerken, Basso, Henderson, Orr (as a RB) Carey, J.Wilson, Fontaine, Nyatanga, Skuse, Hartley, Maynard, Haynes and Akinde, if you're bothered.

Personally I just wish you'd change the record on Trundle, he's clearly a good bloke and at the time I still maintain that he was as good a signing as we could have attracted, but he's simply proved to be not good enough for this level of football.

We tried every possible type of player alongside him but he is so one footed and doesn't have the pace or strength to be effective and based on his poor spell at Leeds may not be up to it one level down any more, either.

Oh yes, and that one foot happens to be excellent by the way, better than anyone else's 'one foot' that we have. It does grate me though that professional footballers paid vast sums can only kick a ball with one foot and frankly that goes for most of the our team.

Pace can be mental pace, the ability to see a pass and make a move before others. You do not need pace to be good. Sprouley has pace, I'd rather have Trundle and I also think he should play in the hole tonight against Carlisle. NOTHING TO LOSE!

Oh yes, and that one foot happens to be excellent by the way, better than anyone else's 'one foot' that we have. It does grate me though that professional footballers paid vast sums can only kick a ball with one foot and frankly that goes for most of the our team.

Pace can be mental pace, the ability to see a pass and make a move before others. You do not need pace to be good. Sprouley has pace, I'd rather have Trundle and I also think he should play in the hole tonight against Carlisle. NOTHING TO LOSE!

Apart from a tie against a Top 4 team in the 3rd round that could be televised?

Swindon have failed in a £25,000 bid for Bristol City striker Lee Trundle. City want £1million for the 32-year-old.

Daily Star

£25, 000? £25, 000!?! Joke.

£1m? £1m!?! Even bigger joke I think.

Just out of interest, has Trundle played in any of these closed door games the club has been having whilst waiting for the reserve season to start?

If so, then, I guess we have to trust GJ to assess whether he has improved his position from not being in the top 20; I would hope GJ wouldn't cut off his nose and not play him out of stubborness (after all, he is the one who decided a £1M bid was good business).

If not then, even though I really like Trunds and think he can offer us something different, I cannot make any argument for throwing a player in to a game who hasn't played any competitive football since pre-season.

Archived