IGNORED

More Football Violence

EmersonsKev

From the footage i've seen in the ground it's all Westham so I don't know why people are blaming Millwall when they havn't seen any footage of outside the ground. There will be Millwall involved I know but the blame gets put on Millwall all the time by the media.

From my perspective I saw a lot of middle aged fat blokes dance on the pitch when West Ham scored. Thats all that happened. There wasn't any great issue in the ground, but what happened outside deserves some tough questions. A read of the Knees Up Mother Brown forum and Millwalls House of Fun is a worthwhile read

and a complete coincidence I suppose that the "Gangs" just by chance happened to be supporting two diferent football clubs......... :tumbleweed:

They weren't supporting any club only their own agenda for violence and mayhem, blame the dog wont you for carrying the fleas it does not want. :tumbleweed:

I was discussing the events of last night with a West Ham supporting lad who works with me and he said he'd spoken to a Gas mate of his who was there and had specifically gone, with two others, for the trouble last night. No intention of going to the game, it was just the violence they were after.

What hope is there when people are travelling 160 miles specifically to be involved in football violence? With any luck they got filled in.

I was discussing the events of last night with a West Ham supporting lad who works with me and he said he'd spoken to a Gas mate of his who was there and had specifically gone, with two others, for the trouble last night. No intention of going to the game, it was just the violence they were after.

What hope is there when people are travelling 160 miles specifically to be involved in football violence? With any luck they got filled in.

Such behaviour, from Bristol's Family Club? You must be mistaken surely.

One of the many distressing things about this sort of episode is the way that Clubs can end up being punished for events that they are pretty much powerless to control. If they can be genuinely shown to have been negligent with regard to such matters as security arrangements, then fair enough, but more often than not it has been convenient to lay the blame with clubs, or football in general, rather than face the much more complex and difficult social issues that underlie this sort of occurence.

It ultimately has very little to do with the game itself, which just acts as a focus around which to stage organised violence. What happened will have been planned in advance and systematically co-ordinated, as research into hooliganism has shown over the years. It is depressingly reminiscent of the seventies, when you couldn't attend a game at any ground in the country without witnessing at least some minor skirmish and the sight of a few idiots being ejected from the stadium.

It is so rare at Ashton Gate and most other grounds these days that it is easy to kid yourself that the problem has completely gone away. I suppose it was all too predictable that it would rear its head again at a West Ham v Millwall game, but no club should be complacent, There is still an element in Bristol that makes an unwelcome appearance once in a blue moon. The vast majority of these guys have no leglitimate interest in the game, they don't attend matches and most couldn't tell you the names of the current players, but every now and then they fancy a bit of a ruck and up they pop. Forest away a few years ago was the last significant occasion I can recall, but just because they haven't been seen for a while doesn't mean they've gone away.

Very, very sad - and also bloody infuriating that these mindless, selfish, immature thugs can cause so much damage to a club's reputation and then disappear, leaving somebody else to carry the can, having in most cases got off scot-free, only to reappear again a year later and do it all over again. Sickening.

Such behaviour, from Bristol's Family Club? You must be mistaken surely.

Well perhaps they were just in London to see the Queen and Madam Tussauds and they accidentally got on a tube to Upton Park station and got off and accidentally starting fighting? It happens.

Very, very sad - and also bloody infuriating that these mindless, selfish, immature thugs can cause so much damage to a club's reputation and then disappear, leaving somebody else to carry the can, having in most cases got off scot-free, only to reappear again a year later and do it all over again. Sickening.

maybe we should be glad that these thugs did not actually kill anybody

perhaps Ian Tomlison would have been far safer in the millwall end rather than a metropolitan police kettle.

The old bill are at fault here, surely they should of expected this trouble, its the match with the most violent element in england

What utter bollox!! Its about time people started taking responsibility for their own actions. those "'ammers fans" who invaded the pitch sum up every single negative thing about football supporters in England and wales. Brain dead f ckwits in their 30's and 40's who's whole sad lives revolve round a ruck at a football match, either "supporting" their team or god forbid their country. the plod just have to pick up the pieces in this kind of incident.

On a slightly different tack when I was at the Maiden gig at twickenham last summer I heard one ******** saying as we all left a brilliant gig, "all I need now is a good ruck, and the days been a good un"...jeez!1 what a wanaker!! (Oh he was a fortysomething fat bald headed muppet too, in his Hackett shirt, and Stone Island jacket, lookin just like the pond life on the pitch last night

And you wonder why football fans in particular plus rockers, bikers and other groups who dont fit the standard mould get so much s hit from the plod.

I pay taxes to fund very impressive police salaries and even more impressive pensions. People have made careers out of football 'intelligence' in the Force. Sounds like the police were totally out of touch and grossly undermanned. So yes, they are to blame.

Anyone with any nouse knew there was going to be mass disorder involving thousands. Not exagerating - anyone remember the Gate in the 80's for Millwall's visit - 3,000 total nutters. You're naive in the extreme if you think that level of hooligan support will not still come out for the big matches -they're just fatter, older and bolder than before.

Society is full of sick individuals. That's why we need to police these nutters. Until the penny drops with politicians and religious freaks the population will continue to spiral out of control with the percentage of nutters ever increasing. Another debate.

I pay taxes to fund very impressive police salaries and even more impressive pensions. People have made careers out of football 'intelligence' in the Force. Sounds like the police were totally out of touch and grossly undermanned. So yes, they are to blame.

Anyone with any nouse knew there was going to be mass disorder involving thousands. Not exagerating - anyone remember the Gate in the 80's for Millwall's visit - 3,000 total nutters. You're naive in the extreme if you think that level of hooligan support will not still come out for the big matches -they're just fatter, older and bolder than before.

Society is full of sick individuals. That why we need to police these nutters. Until the penny drops with politicians and religious freaks the population will continue to spiral out of control with the percentage of nutters ever increasing. Another debate.

Really? what were your views on the kettling of the anti globalising demonstrators early in the year. The plod are damned if they do, and damned if they dont. Getting humint on football "gangs" is like getting int on back patch bike clubs, ****in difficult to get complete info at any time. The plod had large numbers there, but if the goons decide to ruck, unless the plod intercept anyone, they got no chance. In built up areas, no chance

I aint a fan of plod, beleive me, but when it comes to this kinda stuff, I sympathise. They just cant win. what about the routine policing across Laaaandamb?? You tellin me all plod shoulda been taken off all other policing tasks?

as to the nutters, thats societys problem as well, we created this vermin. They will more than likely be involved in some other illegal activity, one which people have seen, shrugged their shoulders, and ignored it.

Mentioning taxes, salaries and pensions, you pay all three for our illustrious parliamentary representitives, and judiciary. There is at least part of the problem. lenient sentencing, refusal to act firmly on this mentality, whilst punishing the law abiding masses

As you ask. Anti-globalisation policing ok with me.

I've not a problem (generally) with plod on the ground. Really difficult job and heavy handedness can be justified in violent/lpotentially violent en-mass situations. More light touch required policing smaller groups which is where the WMP mess up and cause themselves and us grief.

Policing needs to be intelligence led. There were hundreds of known hooligans involved in this 'mass disorder'. Should have been relatively easy to sus where, whom and when.

As you ask. Anti-globalisation policing ok with me.

I've not a problem (generally) with plod on the ground. Really difficult job and heavy handedness can be justified in violent/lpotentially violent en-mass situations. More light touch required policing smaller groups which is where the WMP mess up and cause themselves and us grief.

Policing needs to be intelligence led. There were hundreds of known hooligans involved in this 'mass disorder'. Should have been relatively easy to sus where, whom and when.

OK, now I know you aint one of the bleeding hearts who emasculate police actions. Agreed about certain occasions when the boys in blue, lack subtlty, or a light touch

As to the int it wont be easy to get specific info, the gangs are far too canny to get caught, unless they have a lucky break. In Laaandan, they aint got a hope of stopping two sets of goons from rucking, specially with intimate local knowledge of their areas. Most Laaaandan cops dont even come from the city, let alone the local areas on this sort of operation

Guest MaloneFM

There is a football intelligence unit and spotters with every club. Including here. They point out ringleaders and troublemakers, the ones that stand at the back then melt away when it all happens.

They also regularly visit team forums such as this to try to get an insight on where and when. And if they are reading this can I just say most of you do a jolly good job ladies and gentlemen in bloody difficult circumstances.

And try not to look too closely at the tyres of the Bentley parked in Brislington eh? :innocent06:

With City's affiliation with West ham, how many of our "lads" do you think travelled up for last nights "game"?

I could name you at least 8 and unfortunately I would be telling the truth :disapointed2se:

There is a football intelligence unit and spotters with every club. Including here. They point out ringleaders and troublemakers, the ones that stand at the back then melt away when it all happens.

They also regularly visit team forums such as this to try to get an insight on where and when. And if they are reading this can I just say most of you do a jolly good job ladies and gentlemen in bloody difficult circumstances.

And try not to look too closely at the tyres of the Bentley parked in Brislington eh? :innocent06:

True, but most of the thugs don't even show on that radar, just the $10.00 mugs. The real gangs don't even normally get involved INSIDE the ground, far too easy to be caught

Guest MaloneFM
I could name you at least 8 and unfortunately I would be telling the truth :disapointed2se:

Lets say that telling the truth in certain company makes you very unpopular with people that can make sure no one else will be able to read it.

So I wouldn't....

Guest MaloneFM

I was listening to the hand wringing on FiveLive and they were speaking to a Crapdiff hoolie who said most of their games are bubble trips with the ticket being picked up at a designated services station before straight in/straight out.

West Ham are similar and so are Millwall. But for some reason last night wasn't.

Wait until Swampsea play Crapdiff for the Welsh civil war to erupt.

Cardiff are subject to travelling via the bubble in only 2 games, Swansea and us.

They were banned from Wolves but that was more to do with risdale and the treatment of their fans by WMP.

They have in the past been subject to bubble trips when playing Millwall and maybe Leeds.

The hopeless taff tw*t was probably trying to sound hard, nobhead!

The Bristol Evening Post ran an article last week highlighting the fact that the lowest ranked Police - PCs - can earn £60,000 with overtime. A low ranked British Army combat soldier in Afghanistan would be lucky to earn a third of that and they face the real possibility of death everyday.

If anyone has seen Green Street. The sequel is being filmed this evening that Im sure of.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this and can't be bothered to read every last post but there is actually already a sequel to Green Street, it's Green Street 2: Stand your ground and it's one of the worst films i have ever, ever seen.

Archived