IGNORED

The Best Save You've Ever Seen At Ag

Lack of Action Man

OK so a while back we had the best goal at AG thread and I thought that we should also have the best save that you have ever seen at AG.

I've been a fan a long time but have only had season tickets since 03/04 as many of you are probably aware so there are many great saves I will have missed.

At the moment I get flashes of the Basso acrobatics but for a save that really suprised me as I thought we were certain to score I'm going with David James V Marv Elliots header, I remember watching how well Marv connected with it and couldn't believe it didn't hit the back of the net.

So fire away chaps.

OK so a while back we had the best goal at AG thread and I thought that we should also have the best save that you have ever seen at AG.

I've been a fan a long time but have only had season tickets since 03/04 as many of you are probably aware so there are many great saves I will have missed.

At the moment I get flashes of the Basso acrobatics but for a save that really suprised me as I thought we were certain to score I'm going with David James V Marv Elliots header, I remember watching how well Marv connected with it and couldn't believe it didn't hit the back of the net.

So fire away chaps.

Bassos world class save on Beatties free kick in his right hand top corner last season.

Individual saves are hard to recall but I remember Tony Warner playing for Millwall in 0-0 draw at AG about 12 years ago. He was simply unbeatable and City threw eveything at him for almost the whole 90mins. He saved a diving header from Tinnion in that game that was simply superb. He got a standing ovation from the City fans and thats saying something for a Milwall player.

Individual saves are a hard call, but in terms of performance Richard Wright in 98. He kept Ipswich in the game with a string of saves all afternoon.

That season he seemed destined for greatness, a shame for England he never made it

I tell you what, thats the first one that sprang to mind and I'll always remember that performance. I remember a save from him (Wright) in that game, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he was in front of the EastEnd and did some sort of Matrix, bendy back save. I've neve seen a save like that since.....

Jan Moller made a series of stupendous saves in a match in waterlogged conditions.

I can't remember the opposition.

I remember him in a one on one and scrabbling around on all fours in the puddles

making about four saves from the same player. It was great!

So fire away chaps.

Can't remember who took the shot but keith waughs save at the open end was superb to keep city in the game when we played forest in littlewoods semi.

Basso's save on a friday night at the Mk dons in the 05/06 season. We won 1-0 and i can remember one save from the away end looked certain to go in, then basso came flying across and saved it. Tv footage of that save didnt really do it justice compared to the view from the away end with the action down the other end.

Can't remember who took the shot but keith waughs save at the open end was superb to keep city in the game when we played forest in littlewoods semi.

That was the one I was gonna post. It was actually a double save if it's the one I'm thinking of. He went down to push the ball out and sprung up faster than it seemed humanly possible to block the rebound as well. Not seen a better one in 21 years since....or certainly not one that stuck in the memory as much.

After that game I absolutely hated Garry Parker for years and years and years (still not really forgiven him for scoring the winner). He was quite a decent player in Champ Man, but if I took over a team with him in I'd sell him straight away!!! Irrational? Maybe.... But I care not! :innocent06:

• Admin
Individual saves are a hard call, but in terms of performance Richard Wright in 98. He kept Ipswich in the game with a string of saves all afternoon.

That season he seemed destined for greatness, a shame for England he never made it

Having seen the thread title I was thinking exactly the same lines and I believe one included a double (or even triple?) save he had no right to get to?

Archived