IGNORED

Derby v City Match Thread

westonred

Wish you were right but im pretty sure he was an unused sub

No, he replaced Velika - helped Clarkson set up Maynard if I recall correctly. The game, to be honest, is irrelevant, more wanting to point out that the idea that we don't win with LJ is simply not correct. Anyway, more interesting things to talk about this evening I'm sure!

The match stats say it all. Derby 20 shots, city 5. Please Gary don't come out and say we were unlucky because that just isn't the case.

Something like "we were in with a shout till the sending off, which then tipped the scales"

simple face is at this point in time we are simply no where near good enough. we make to many mistakes and the team selection is poor why are players like nyatanga on the bench ?

Said it so many times tradition,history,know-how,experience we are a middling club trying to gate crash the prem party,we are long way off the top clubs in this league not helped by this awful style of boring dull wingless football. You could write the script for this game certain players still in the team,Derby down with the dead get their old pros out Hulse,Savage box clever get McCombe sent off surprise ,surprise 1-0. McIndoe went no one to replace him the youngsters from the academy don't seem to get a chance,must admit the style of play is soooo bloody boring which will reflect in the crowd figures,midtable at best this year just a few additions more for a real challenge which until Basso,McCombe,Sproule and a certain midfielder are shipped out ain't going to happen.

• Admin
I remember now, i commented on his pass to Clarkson as Opta would have classed it as a key pass :laugh:

I hate to be pedantic, ok not that much, but OPTA's definition of a key pass is "a pass that would have been an assist had the resultant shot gone in".

Archived