IGNORED

Holloway On Inside Out!...

Freemantle 27

It doesn't make business sense. The whole point of a new complex is to make non matchday revenue, why share this? It would be like limiting a veyron to 100mph

No, it doesn't. We want the non matchday revenue not half the non matchday revenue. If it was lossmaking you'd have a point but it won't be.

Well said. This is the crux of the matter.

I'm sure the Hollow Man will try to present it as red and blue should get on. Well fine, but that misses the point entirely.

How awful was that programme?

Holloway seriously believes that Bristol Council will built the city a new ground then, does he? Has he ever lived here? This is the least pro sport council in Britain we're talking about......

Mind you as others have pointed out it was a nice trip to Munich at taxpayers expense for that halfwit to look at a ground that is 35,000 bigger than the one we're proposing and cost in excess of 300 million euros to build..

How awful was that programme?

Holloway seriously believes that Bristol Council will built the city a new ground then, does he? Has he ever lived here? This is the least pro sport council in Britain we're talking about......

Mind you as others have pointed out it was a nice trip to Munich at taxpayers expense for that halfwit to look at a ground that is 35,000 bigger than the one we're proposing and cost in excess of 300 million euros to build..

Still, fills a gap in the schedules.

I find it deeply ironic that this imbecile who has done his best to whip up City vs Rovers hatred over the years is now lecturing people on why the two clubs should get on.

Just do one Holloway. You are an irrelevance.

Very, very poor journalism - in pretty much every respect!

You could always air your views to the producer of the program..

Roger Farrant

Features Editor

Responsible for: Regional programmes for the West Country including 'Inside Out' and regional landmark programmes.

Bristol Broadcasting House

Whiteladies Road

Bristol

BS8 2LR

tel: (0117) 9732211

fax: (0117) 9747759

email: roger.farrant@bbc.co.uk

After watching, I'm struggling to see what the point, or aim of this piece.

There's no great demand for a shared stadium, and it doesn't take a great deal of background knowledge to realise the administrations of the local football clubs don't get on. Such a project just would not work. On that basis alone.

The interviewer did<lt even ask SL why City needed this new stadium, rather than develope Ashton Gate. The non matchday aspect is known to most of us, but for anyone watching would not know this. Infact with Hollowhead muddying the waters, and the German talking about fixed costs, anyone with no real interest in local football clubs will now probably think that a shared stadium is needed.

After watching, I'm struggling to see what the point, or aim of this piece.

There's no great demand for a shared stadium, and it doesn't take a great deal of background knowledge to realise the administrations of the local football clubs don't get on. Such a project just would not work. On that basis alone.

The interviewer did<lt even ask SL why City needed this new stadium, rather than develope Ashton Gate. The non matchday aspect is known to most of us, but for anyone watching would not know this. Infact with Hollowhead muddying the waters, and the German talking about fixed costs, anyone with no real interest in local football clubs will now probably think that a shared stadium is needed.

My views exactly. Just a local BBC space filler.They would have been better extending the story about PTSD and missing out the stadium piece altogether.

NO NEVER :bruce_h4h::bruce_h4h::gasmask::igiveup:

It is bad enough trying to get a home end right for our OWN fans to sit in together let alone looking at

one half of a stadium painted blue!!!!! NO, NO, NO Hollowhead should just stick to playing with the donkeys

on blackpool beach :innocent06::gasmask: WE HAVE A CHANCE TO BUILD SOMETHING GOOD FOR ONCE

WITH BRISTOL CITY AND WE DON'T NEED ROVERS ANYWHERE NEAR IT.

Could not put it any better myself . . . Spot on !!

Could not put it any better myself . . . Spot on !!

Thanks!..

staying with the 1982 theme

It was a crap time to be a fan but city survived and we are where we are today without any help from the gas!!

every young and new fan that walks in to ashton gate need to know we never had a club to support if it was not

the actions of a certain few back in 82 and now city are doing well on and off the pitch we should not let anyone ride off

our success that no one lifted a finger to help (north of the river) to get us out the crap in the first place, some older city

fans got long memories and nothing against paying gas fans but i want nothing to do with those that run BRFC.

IT WAS A MESS BACK IN 1982 BUT IT WAS OUR MESS WE SORTED OUT WITH NO GAS!!!!.

cutting.jpg

press1.jpg

press.jpg

The point in all this for me is to ask the question "How devious is Hollowhead"?

I think his suggestions about a stadium share are insincere, to put them in their most polite light, he's so jealous of City that he wants us to fail in small as well as massive ways.

Someone already mentioned him "muddying the waters" around our bid and its typical that he would want to mess things up for City, especially when its a new stadium that would potentially host World Cup matches.

He puts on a knock-about clown image in the media generally EXCEPT when he's playing City when we see his true blue and white colours.

Anyone who saw his interview after the Blackpool game will realise he is a pathetic figure eaten up with jealousy for City. Crying to the local media that "Gary's had this and Gary's had that".

Its typical of the gashead mentality that they spend most of their time thinking about City and wishing us ill.

The point in all this for me is to ask the question "How devious is Hollowhead"?

I think his suggestions about a stadium share are insincere, to put them in their most polite light, he's so jealous of City that he wants us to fail in small as well as massive ways.

Someone already mentioned him "muddying the waters" around our bid and its typical that he would want to mess things up for City, especially when its a new stadium that would potentially host World Cup matches.

He puts on a knock-about clown image in the media generally EXCEPT when he's playing City when we see his true blue and white colours.

Anyone who saw his interview after the Blackpool game will realise he is a pathetic figure eaten up with jealousy for City. Crying to the local media that "Gary's had this and Gary's had that".

Its typical of the gashead mentality that they spend most of their time thinking about City and wishing us ill.

I agree about his interview after the blackpool game.

But with regards to the world cup, he is actually backing our bid and doing so actively. So you could'nt be more wrong.

But with regards to the world cup, he is actually backing our bid and doing so actively. So you could'nt be more wrong.

Seen him mixing with city fans and signing autographs for city fans before the blackpool game and it struck me these

are new/young fans with no clue of history with this chap as a gas player :noexpression:

Or maybe he sees himself as a future city manager one day :noexpression: :noexpression:

I need to sit down :crying:

Seen him mixing with city fans and signing autographs for city fans before the blackpool game and it struck me these

are new/young fans with no clue of history with this chap as a gas player :noexpression:

Or maybe he sees himself as a future city manager one day :noexpression: :noexpression:

I need to sit down :crying:

I am by no means sticking up for him - he hates us no doubt. But he is 100% behind this world cup bid, because as he sees it, its BRISTOL.....

I was contacted by the BBC about 4 months ago and asked to give my opinion on several things to do with the Bristol World cup bid. Going by there questions, they seemed to think rovers should be involved and that it would be good for them too - I gave my opinion on that and they never got back to me about the programme.

I would'nt be surprised if last nights programme was in relation to this, if so, they have changed the topic, from Bristol hosting WC games to ground-sharing :disapointed2se:

I am by no means sticking up for him - he hates us no doubt. But he is 100% behind this world cup bid, because as he sees it, its BRISTOL.....

I was contacted by the BBC about 4 months ago and asked to give my opinion on several things to do with the Bristol World cup bid. Going by there questions, they seemed to think rovers should be involved and that it would be good for them too - I gave my opinion on that and they never got back to me about the programme.

I would'nt be surprised if last nights programme was in relation to this, if so, they have changed the topic, from Bristol hosting WC games to ground-sharing :disapointed2se:

I read the other day that Swindon's ground could be used as a training base, I said a couple of months ago on here that it would be good for the bid and for Rovers if they got behind the bid and offered there ground out as a training base, It could actully help them push forward with their new stadium. However they are so up their own asses and don't want nothing to do with us or Bristol's(Not Ours) World cup bid they would happily rather let Swindon be a training base than put their support behind a world cup bid because it will be held at our new stadium.

I read the other day that Swindon's ground could be used as a training base, I said a couple of months ago on here that it would be good for the bid and for Rovers if they got behind the bid and offered there ground out as a training base, It could actully help them push forward with their new stadium. However they are so up their own asses and don't want nothing to do with us or Bristol's(Not Ours) World cup bid they would happily rather let Swindon be a training base than put their support behind a world cup bid because it will be held at our new stadium.

Well, If I was them I'd be dead against it. We are already way ahead of them - if this world cup stuff happens, along with a promotion to the prem - then we would get all the future fans and rovers would struggle to compete with us at all.

Steve Lansdown was quoted a couple of years ago saying that he did consider sharing a ground with both the saggy ones and the ones with the odd shape balls, neither of them shared the ambitions that he had for sport in the region and therefore he was happy for Bristol City to go it alone.

That's right I believe it was at Victoria before a Palace game

He said it would never be a starter because they would always want to penny-pinch on any shared costs

What you've got to do with Holloway is just ignore the City-Hating idiot and let him rant away to himself in some corner somewhere but it seems that is too much for too many City fans who applaud the bloke like he is some sort of "Bristol" Footballing God every time he comes near Ashton Gate. Cringeworthy is the only word I can think of.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that Glos are spending 10 million on developing their ground in Neville Road. Spose the gas'll want to share that next claiming it's to utilise the ground all year long, in reality, they get something for nothing. (They hope).

Archived