IGNORED

Football Manager 2010 Demo

Taunton_City

i downloaded it last night aswell

looks v good. Improved match day interaction and tactics development

problems i noted with city

ribeiro is still down as a DLC, not a DRC. small issue but spose i can change it on editor.

Hartley looks dissapointing, his passing and creativity look low and he is billed as more of a tackling midfielder which obviously isnt ideal as we have loads of them

Maynard looks a bit underwhelmign i agree but he did score in my forst game ha ha

Sno is on 19k a week, i had to terminate that loan immediately

Good points

Basso and the whole back 4 are class, as is elliot. I reckon you could prob get promoted without any additions there.

Weve got 2m to spend!

Although none of the attacking players really jump out and scream im amazing, it jsut goes to show the quality of our squad that there are so many decent players there.

Tips

Dont sign Vieri on a free :laugh: (injured immediately)

Get Fabio from Man U to cover mcallister on loan

DONT TRANSFER LIST ANY NEW SIGNINGS, as on old game you cant sell anyone who has signed in last year, no one will be interested and they will disrupt your team.

Seems brilliant. All they have to do is sort out the tediousness of training and they're away.

Data issues:

Adriano Basso not listed, has many clubs after him as well.

Dean Gerken really underrated.

Nicky Maynard quite underrated, Finishing stat only 12/20.

On all of the FM games Maynard has seemed to be underated.

What kinda stats have Skuse and Haynes got?

Also what about our reputation, as in when you got to players... what types of players are willing to come to City.

Skuse and Haynes both decent, maybe potential to devlop aswell

Haynes has always been amazing on earlier FM games I have found

Reputation wise i thought that it semed relatively realsitic. Other than the fact i got vieri and lauren on free transfers and they prob wouldnt join city in reall life

Most other championship players and below are interested, a couple of prem players (generally listed), cant comment that much on the foreigners as im not sure how big the database is

Annoyingly theres some great players listed for loan who then reject city, but that is probably fair i reckon as its the likes of Denilson, Gibbs, Vela, Dos Santos

so far im very impressed though

won my first 3 league games aswell including 5-1 demolition of Warnocks palarse ah ah aha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha

Hi guys,

Just as a note on the issues raised so far:

We can't list players when we research, so the Basso thing has been a right nightmare to try and deal with!

Blackman's release was after the data deadline so didn't make it in this time

The stadium isn't scheduled in yet (obviously as we're waiting on planning permission), but here's hoping that by January we can get it in.

Ratings of players:

Anyone that we've signed over the summer/on loan I haven't rated, so nothing to say really there.

Maynard: had to lower his finishing by a couple to boost his pace/acceleration (it's the way the weightings system works)

Pretty happy otherwise at the response (will change Ribeiro when I get the chance, was actually on my list of things to do but just forgot)

If any of you have any thoughts on the youth players then pass them over as that's an aspect I'm looking to improve on, but I don't really get the chance to see them that often so it's harder to judge until they hit reserve levels.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Just as a note on the issues raised so far:

We can't list players when we research, so the Basso thing has been a right nightmare to try and deal with!

Blackman's release was after the data deadline so didn't make it in this time

The stadium isn't scheduled in yet (obviously as we're waiting on planning permission), but here's hoping that by January we can get it in.

Ratings of players:

Anyone that we've signed over the summer/on loan I haven't rated, so nothing to say really there.

Maynard: had to lower his finishing by a couple to boost his pace/acceleration (it's the way the weightings system works)

Pretty happy otherwise at the response (will change Ribeiro when I get the chance, was actually on my list of things to do but just forgot)

If any of you have any thoughts on the youth players then pass them over as that's an aspect I'm looking to improve on, but I don't really get the chance to see them that often so it's harder to judge until they hit reserve levels.

Cheers

Hi James

are you the main researcher for SI with regards to city then?

awesome how did you get that gig? and is it just you or a panel?

I know he came in the summer so you wouldnt have had an input but Hartleys passing seems v low at 12? Looks quite possibly the best passer in our team at the mo i would say

Basso and McCallister are immense! dont get me wrong i rate them in real life but they are amazing on the new fm, the whole back 4 is top draw actually.

as mentioned before ribs should prob be a DR or DRC

I'd say all in the stats are pretty good though so well done mate

Yeah you've done a good job there. The only issue really struggling with me is that Gerken is quite underrated, In real life he really is matching Basso performance wise.

I agree that in real life there doesnt seem to be too much between them rob, however if we push it i think its more likely that basso is downgraded rather than gerken uprated :laugh:

Gerken is well underrated.

Basso overrated, way to low eccentricity!

Riberio probably overrated as he not really played?

Hartley and Sno probably underrated.

Maynard underrated finishing wise and doesn't get rated as our best striker.

Saborio deserves better than 11 jumping!

Eeek

if i was looking to make a few changes id go with

reduce

marv - passing 15 (never had good distribution and only really plays short simple passes, this could come well down)

maynard - heading 10 /composure 13 (could me marginally tweaked down in favour of two below)

McCombe - tackling 16 (high heading is fair enough and marking fair aswell, but he isnt the most graceful tackler with ball on deck, again i reckon could come right down)

increase

maynard - long shots 10 (fair enough if i am accused of short termism here :laugh:, but he has been banging them in form all distances)

Hartely - passing 12 (I reckon this should be up at about 15)

hope that is more constructive, again as mentioned before i think most of them are pretty spot on already so nothing drastic needed

From the small amount of him we have seen looks like Gerken could be a bit underrated but a) you didnt rate him it would hjave been colchester dude and b) he could just be on a bit of a hot streak and it might not last

Good shout Big Rob!

If anyone is playing with city try signing a argentinian guy called jonathan cristaldo. He loks the absolute business and only costs 800k. gets a WP on appeal aswell.

I know a poaching striker wouldnt have been top of your city shopping list (with maynard and haynes already there), but have a lok and his stats look immense.

Also if you are planning to play your saved game on the full length game when it turns up then have a look at zizinho, looks amazing and will come to city however he wont sign till end of first season.

Rudi Skacel good free transfer for lift mid and lauren as cover for bradders.

Loanes in Fabio (awesome), R Sneijder, Barazite (awesome), Hoilet

Yeah gonna add a slight rivalry with Palace for the next update as well as adding Warnock and Simon Jordan as disliked staff

will these updates make the games proper release or one of the subsequent patch/update things?

Also do you have sole discretion for city or is there a few of you who decide?

I'm ultimately the only one who 'rates' the players, but I take into account various peoples' opinions (such as those that i'll hear on here).

The rating system essentially prohibits Maynard from having all these fantastic attributes. First of all, based on last season, finishing of 12 is more than fair. That's 'good' for a Championship level striker. Also we basically have to rate the players in terms of ability and then fit the individual attributes to that system. Each stat is weighted (so pace/acceleration are weighted very highly) so in order to give Maynard the pace, I had to lower his finishing by a point. Certainly following his start to the season I'll be looking at bumping his finishing and long shots, provided he contnues to show the ability over the next few months.

I'm ultimately the only one who 'rates' the players, but I take into account various peoples' opinions (such as those that i'll hear on here).

The rating system essentially prohibits Maynard from having all these fantastic attributes. First of all, based on last season, finishing of 12 is more than fair. That's 'good' for a Championship level striker. Also we basically have to rate the players in terms of ability and then fit the individual attributes to that system. Each stat is weighted (so pace/acceleration are weighted very highly) so in order to give Maynard the pace, I had to lower his finishing by a point. Certainly following his start to the season I'll be looking at bumping his finishing and long shots, provided he contnues to show the ability over the next few months.

Interesting stuff, I've always wondered who did it for City and now I know!

A couple of notes from the FM10 demon:

As someone said, Elliot's passing at 15 is over-rated, i'd take a couple off and maybe think about bumping up his stamina or work rate

Carey with long shots 13 seems odd, I would knock that right down and put it on to his mental attributes (composure and concentration especially should be raised)

Would give Skuse better accelaration and pace, he's deceptively quick. Would increase those by decreasing creativity and technique

Ribiero's favoured foot is right, not left, and he's DRC rather than DLC

Not sure about Gary Johnson as 'Icon', especially after the weekend!

Overall though, good job on the stats. Got to the half way point and was 3rd, Hartley and Elliot did really well. Maynard still does pretty good on his stats, and if you can, his composure and finishing should go up (but that said it is clear FM are being very harsh/realistic on this, Kenywne Jones has F 11, C 9!)

Although you would not have previously rated him (would have been celtic scout), do you have any capacity to bump hartleys passing based on his displays for us so far this season? Even if its at the detriment of his other stats i think that would be more realistic as 12 seems farcical when elliot has 15 :laugh:.

fair enough if you have no scope to alter new signings though.

Do you have any connections to the club/do you go to every game home and away etc, im just a bit surprised that the player ratings system is pretty much left to one person to dictate (although its clear youve done a cracking job and have taken other peoples opinions on board, and continue to).

Imagine it was one of the LJ bashers ha ha, he would have 1 for everything :laugh:.

Please restore my faith in FM by telling you you are a stat busting, never missed a game, bristol city anorak ha ha

Cheers for the input guys, nice to know I'm pretty much getting it on the money! The bits of advice you guys have passed on I'll take on for the next transfer window (when we do a data update, so no chance for Hartley until then!).

I will hopefully restore your faith by saying I go to most home games (at uni in manchester at the mo so getting back for weekday games is pretty tough), and all the aways that are reasonably close to me (so again, probably around 10 a season). When I'm back as well I get to reserve games when I can to keep an eye on them.

Keep the advice coming, because it makes for a better game/more realistic data if it's not just one man

No offence james, but with every edition of FM, I find lots wrong...

My main gripe, is that our playing staff is usually under-rated. Maynard being a perfect example - I realise you have explained this earlier in the thread, but I feel he was under-rated last season.

The potential of our players is often low too. Maynard, Akinde, Skuse, Henderson, in my opinion have potential too low.

This is going by FM 09 - I havent played the demo for 2010...

Again tho, this is my honest opinion. And I suppose, everyone has different opinions on different players, so you have a difficult job...

RIAZ - I've actually been accused my many of rating our players too high in comparison with other teams at our level. It's about finding the right balance, and also being unbiased enough to realise that our players will only be as good as a certain level (Maynard, for example, will never be a 15-20 goal a season guy in the Premier League). We're currently rated as either the 8th or 9th best team in the Championship based on average Current Ability, although between 5th and 15th is very tight, but I think that's probably where we are realistically.

The players you mention, Skuse has the potential to be an average/good Prem player. Henderson and Akinde have not been rated by me due to their lack of games for us in comparison to their loan spells (Although this off season I did get to adjust Henderson quite a bit), and obviously for FM09 I would not have rated Maynard.

Dave, hopefully you and everyone else in this thread will help me make the game better. As I said earlier I'm taking on everyone's opinions and will use them to adjust players' ratings if I see fit come January in order to get the most balanced view of our team.

Archived