IGNORED

Football Manager 2010 Demo

Taunton_City

RIAZ - I've actually been accused my many of rating our players too high in comparison with other teams at our level. It's about finding the right balance, and also being unbiased enough to realise that our players will only be as good as a certain level (Maynard, for example, will never be a 15-20 goal a season guy in the Premier League). We're currently rated as either the 8th or 9th best team in the Championship based on average Current Ability, although between 5th and 15th is very tight, but I think that's probably where we are realistically.

The players you mention, Skuse has the potential to be an average/good Prem player. Henderson and Akinde have not been rated by me due to their lack of games for us in comparison to their loan spells (Although this off season I did get to adjust Henderson quite a bit), and obviously for FM09 I would not have rated Maynard.

Dave, hopefully you and everyone else in this thread will help me make the game better. As I said earlier I'm taking on everyone's opinions and will use them to adjust players' ratings if I see fit come January in order to get the most balanced view of our team.

Quality

I will keep an eye on this thread and leave any feedback i have

p.s people dont be afraid to post any good players you have found for city

Got to the 6 month break on mine in 2nd but about 4 points behind west brom

it was going really well and although a lot of people hve criticed maynards stats, i can tell you on my game i set him up in a 4-4-2 alongside saborio/clarkson as a 'poacher' and he has banged them in. Prob got about 15 in all competitions at the halfway point. Clarkson/Saboriuo both prob got about 8-10 each aswell. If only city scoring was this is easy in real life ha ha.

Haynes hasnt scored that many but has filled in both up front and on right wing. Hartley/Marv/Skuse all done well.

Had to bring in Rudi Skacel on left wing but have also been using man U's fabio (loan) which has worked well

McCallister, Nyatanga, Carey Orr and Basso behind is an awesome defesive unit, also i noticed that the other players who havent played as much fontaine/mccombe/gerken havent become upset which is a bonus, on some old games they would get the hump really quickly

I think it really shows how good our squad is in real life now as well, on old FMs you would normally make a few additions to the starting 11, and then axe the rest of the aquad to bring in your own players.

Now all you need to do is get a left winger in and some left back cover. happy days. Well done GJ

Am loving this game so far! Cant wait till Oct 30th!!!

How did you get fabio on loan?? i offered 500k for season loan, utd turned it down then accepted Sheff utds offer!!!!

Im 4th with city 8 points off top, Clarkson scoring for fun!!!

fabio wasnt listed for loan but they only wanted 70% of his wages, which were about 450 quid p/w i think

im surprised he hasnt gone to you because i have played a few city games now and he has joined in all of them?? Same goes for barazite

Check out a guy called cristaldo. he has awesome stats, unfortunately hasnt delivered though on the pitch. Also theres a guy called Krivets who plays for BATE jerusalem, who goes for about 350k. unfortunately i was too late on him though

good luck!

that is one amazing job you have!!

i think the stats are pretty good in comparison with other championship teams.

one thing i am intersted in is our value, or money in the bank.

Lansdown has a personal fortune in the hundred millions, does this not get taken into account?

not that i want to start with a load of money but its nice to know that we'll never have to worry about going into admin etc.

on the subject of playing with city, sign viduka on a free, his wages are average too, plus he's been banging them in!!

When you buy the full game can you add it to the demo? Otherwise all the demo work is a big waste of time!!

It's my understanding you can carry on the same game as it will be added to FM10 if you want to keep it. Due to the fact that I don't have a life, I got to the City halfway point a while ago, so have done a Man City game (just to see how much you get etc) and now on a Notts County game. I'd advise taking charge of random teams and having an experiment while you can on the demo as it doesn't really matter if you win or lose.

yep you can normally continue the saved games from where you leave them on the demo.

Only slight prob is i think it still uses the demos database which is usually very small.

Not a game breaker but means you cant normally unearth the first ever botswanan wonderkid like you can on full game.

However could be a blessing in disguise as il save time fannying about doing player searches :laugh:

James, have any of our players got a -9 rating yet? I know a few Champ players did in past fm2009 Who has the -8 ratings at bcfc? who has the highest potential ability at Bristol city?

Do we have new stad programmed in?

Also, can BCFC's reputation ever get in and around the 8500 mark?

Agree about Colin and Palarse being rivals, but is Liam Rosinior still disliked, im not sure what that ever was

No we have no -9s, that would be the potential to be a world class player and we certainly don't have any yet. We have a few -8s though.

The stadium is not yet programmed in as we don't have the planning permission yet....

And yes, the reputation will increase as you become more successful, etc.

There won't be any for the initial release, I'll be able to make changes in January

To be honest Im quite happy about this as i can look forward to at least 6 months of playing with the awesome city team currently in place on the demo

happy days!

Whens your deadline for making changes for the xmas patch James?

For instance I would imagine that we might be able to give better feedback once we have played more than 6 months of a season?

I think Skusey's pace should be alot higher than a 10. I know a couple of ex City youth players around Cole's age and they all say he is lightning. I know pace isnt that important for a defensive centre midfielder but i generally look for players with at least a 12 for pace. Dont know why. Just something ive always done. Never bought anyone for any club with a 9 or below pace rating.

I think Skusey's pace should be alot higher than a 10. I know a couple of ex City youth players around Cole's age and they all say he is lightning. I know pace isnt that important for a defensive centre midfielder but i generally look for players with at least a 12 for pace. Dont know why. Just something ive always done. Never bought anyone for any club with a 9 or below pace rating.

I rarely sign players with less that 12 for pace/accelaration. Football manager has always been about physical attributes more than any other, for years Oba Martins was brilliant beacause of his pace. Ishmael Miller, on 09, was also massively over-rated due to his pace and strength.

• Admin

Thank you JamesM for making Nicky so good. I understand I probably have some random dude in Switzerland or Costa Rica to thank for Saborio.

I'm only 4 league games in but as a pair they have banged in 12 goals already :noexpression:

Loving new game

got city promoted as champions on 101 points (only just held off baggies by a point though)

Just past xmas in 1st year of prem and looks like I will prob do enough to stay up. Unfortunately the original city players that served me so well in promotion season are all but gone now though from first 11

---------Caracaillo Smolarek----------

------Adu Bodde Elliot Pennant--------

---Pernia Nyatanga Jorgensen Neill---

-------------------Basso----------------

hopefully i will get a decent transfer budget come end of this one to keep improving (17m at start of prem season was much appreciated)

definitely fair to say is easy with city

but that i somewhat a reflection on our exisiting good squad.

You stick Zenden on left wing and Smolarek up front of what we already have in a 442 and its not unlikely we would go up, whether they would come to us is the unrealistic bit :laugh:

when i played the demo with other teams i wouldnt sayit was as easy

Loving new game

got city promoted as champions on 101 points (only just held off baggies by a point though)

Just past xmas in 1st year of prem and looks like I will prob do enough to stay up. Unfortunately the original city players that served me so well in promotion season are all but gone now though from first 11

---------Caracaillo Smolarek----------

------Adu Bodde Elliot Pennant--------

---Pernia Nyatanga Jorgensen Neill---

-------------------Basso----------------

hopefully i will get a decent transfer budget come end of this one to keep improving (17m at start of prem season was much appreciated)

How the hell did you get them :D.

I have:

GK - Joe Hart

DL - Jamie McAllister (need a replacement at the end of the season)

DR - Juan Valera

DC - Louis Carey

DC - Jamie McCombe

DM - Marvin Elliot

MC - Paul Hartley

MC - Cole Skuse

MC - Henning Hauger

FC - Danny Haynes

FC - Kris Boyd

Subs

Adriano Basso

Christian Ribeiro/Liam Fontaine