IGNORED

Football Manager 2010 Demo

Taunton_City

GET IN!

After loosing a bit of interest in 7th season some months back i resurected my bristol city game over the weekend due to snow. I had been stuck in a bit of a rut for two seasons in the prem but just missing out on UEFA places. Finished 7th season in 7th place so scraped into UEFA cup and from there it all kicked off!. Finished season 8 at 2am last night and WON THE PREM AND UEFA CUP DOUBLE!!! woohoo.

Even better I managed to do it without a single regenerated player in my squad of 25 (other than 3rd choice goalie)

check some of these players out....

-------------------------------------------Lung Jr /Lambo----------------- -------------------------------

Santon / Rafael ---- Rodwell / Jorgensen ---- -----Situ / Ribiero --------Mattock / Kolzdiek (Lyon)

Salvio / Wilshere ----- Sandro / Muamba --------Bernardo / James Rodriguez ---------Mata / Mollo

----------------------Defederico / Neymar ---- Necid / Babacar/ Balotelli ------------------------------

Muamba and Ribs are only in there to help out with the 4+4 domestic player rule.

Only one hting left to do now is win the champions league! If so I can finally stop playing and get my life back for 2010 ha ha

• Admin
GET IN!

After loosing a bit of interest in 7th season some months back i resurected my bristol city game over the weekend due to snow. I had been stuck in a bit of a rut for two seasons in the prem but just missing out on UEFA places. Finished 7th season in 7th place so scraped into UEFA cup and from there it all kicked off!. Finished season 8 at 2am last night and WON THE PREM AND UEFA CUP DOUBLE!!! woohoo.

Even better I managed to do it without a single regenerated player in my squad of 25 (other than 3rd choice goalie)

check some of these players out....

-------------------------------------------Lung Jr /Lambo----------------- -------------------------------

Santon / Rafael ---- Rodwell / Jorgensen ---- -----Situ / Ribiero --------Mattock / Kolzdiek (Lyon)

Salvio / Wilshere ----- Sandro / Muamba --------Bernardo / James Rodriguez ---------Mata / Mollo

----------------------Defederico / Neymar ---- Necid / Babacar/ Balotelli ------------------------------

Muamba and Ribs are only in there to help out with the 4+4 domestic player rule.

Only one hting left to do now is win the champions league! If so I can finally stop playing and get my life back for 2010 ha ha

I edited in Ashton Vale at the start of my game to be available for the 12/13 season.

My farewell to Ashton Gate season resulted in me sneaking 4th place thanks to a 7 match winning run at the end of the season.

I'm now christening Ashton Vale with Champions League football :D

My only regret is I made it 30k, I'm sure if this level of success happened in real life SL would have sanctioned the 10k extra seats ;)

In previous versions of FM I've just bought good young players in my first season and just added the odd player here and there. The Prem is much tougher to crack in FM10 and I've had to do some serious wheeler dealing & be ruthless in getting rid of players that have done me proud up to then. I think I've raised as much as I've spent in each of my opening 2 Prem seasons.

Dunno why you have Ribs as a reserve on your game, he's awesome on mine and all the top Euro clubs want him. Fortunately he's been pretty loyal thus far.

My best signing is probably Rakitic on a Bosman from Shalke at the end of the 10/11 season.

Currently updating this for January now. So difficult to think of how we've improved/gone down over the past few months as we've been so inconsistent! Needless to say the main risers will be Gerken and Hartley (especially his passing) and a few will go down in areas.

Hi James

fully agree its hard to do much else than rate our players down really based on season performances :laugh:. On all the games i have played both as city and as other teams city have gone up in nearly every game 1st or 2nd year, so perhaps we are a little overated already. Im not going to blame you for that though as it meant i enjoyed doing well in early seasons without as many signings which has made playing as city really good

to reiterate some points we made at start of season, i reckon ribs should be a DRC, and Hartley should have higher passing stat.

Potentially we could make Skuse a little better, definitely Gerken. Maybe tune up maynard for long shots/flair or something.

Everyone else better drop down 1 point on all stats :laugh:, especially back 4 who are rock solid on this years FM

anyone else got any feedback for the main man?

• Admin
Hi James

fully agree its hard to do much else than rate our players down really based on season performances :laugh:. On all the games i have played both as city and as other teams city have gone up in nearly every game 1st or 2nd year, so perhaps we are a little overated already. Im not going to blame you for that though as it meant i enjoyed doing well in early seasons without as many signings which has made playing as city really good

to reiterate some points we made at start of season, i reckon ribs should be a DRC, and Hartley should have higher passing stat.

Potentially we could make Skuse a little better, definitely Gerken. Maybe tune up maynard for long shots/flair or something.

Everyone else better drop down 1 point on all stats :laugh:, especially back 4 who are rock solid on this years FM

anyone else got any feedback for the main man?

Yeah, please make McCombe shit. I really wanted to drop him for realism but couldn't as he's our best defender :(

One other point, did you have any input into fans' expectations? If you did fair play. 1st season in the Prem and I felt I was doing well generally only losing by the one goal when I was put up against the "Big 4" yet the fans' spokesman would come out after each game telling me how disappointed the fans were. So true to life :D

Just won the Champions League with Bristol City :D. Can't get anywhere near the Premier League title though, finishing 3rd and 4th recently. Also got a new stadium on the way called "Bristol City Stadium". 40,000 capacity with undersoil heating and a sliding roof.

Just had the best news item ever. "The Brazilian Football Association have offered you the opportunity to replace Adriano Basso as Brazil manager." :D

4th Premier League season for bristol city and finally looking like we could progress past mid table obscurity.

Lost Mahmadou Sahko to Roma for £25m so replaced him with a argentinian centre half called Forlin.

current team

Kirkland

Elliot (converted to right back, solid enough) or Vanden Borre.

Forlin

Radoi

Riise

Witsel

Sandro

Wijnaldum

Valdivia

Fernandez

Adriano/Nilmar

formation is

4231, with the 3 behind the centre forward playing centrally, the formation was one i picked up from italy after the AI got used to previous tactics, one forward seems to work at the moment but will need a new tac`tic soon enough.

gotta say, Kirkland is a bloody revelation and yet to get injured! :D

• Admin

4th Premier League season for bristol city and finally looking like we could progress past mid table obscurity.

Lost Mahmadou Sahko to Roma for £25m so replaced him with a argentinian centre half called Forlin.

current team

Kirkland

Elliot (converted to right back, solid enough) or Vanden Borre.

Forlin

Radoi

Riise

Witsel

Sandro

Wijnaldum

Valdivia

Fernandez

Adriano/Nilmar

formation is

4231, with the 3 behind the centre forward playing centrally, the formation was one i picked up from italy after the AI got used to previous tactics, one forward seems to work at the moment but will need a new tac`tic soon enough.

gotta say, Kirkland is a bloody revelation and yet to get injured! :D

Don't qualify for Europe with that team :P

Playing a kind of 4-1-3-2. This is my Champions League winning team:

GK - Guillermo Ochoa

DR - Michael Mancienne

DL - Rosyton Drenthe

DC - Neven Subotic

DC - Nicolas Otamendi

DMC- Mate Simao

MC - Milan Badeij

AMR- Nordin Amrabat

AML- Mesut Ozil

AMC- Esteban Granero

FC - Guilherme

Squad Players

GK - Joe Hart

D - Vincent Kompany

D - Liam Fontaine

M - Cole Skuse

M - Aiden McGeady

M - Marvin Elliot

M - Thiago

F - Luis Suarez

F - Hugo Almeida

F - Eugeny Morozov

• Admin

Playing a kind of 4-1-3-2. This is my Champions League winning team:

GK - Guillermo Ochoa

DR - Michael Mancienne

DL - Rosyton Drenthe

DC - Neven Subotic

DC - Nicolas Otamendi

DMC- Mate Simao

MC - Milan Badeij

AMR- Nordin Amrabat

AML- Mesut Ozil

AMC- Esteban Granero

FC - Guilherme

Squad Players

GK - Joe Hart

D - Vincent Kompany

D - Liam Fontaine

M - Cole Skuse

M - Aiden McGeady

M - Marvin Elliot

M - Thiago

F - Luis Suarez

F - Hugo Almeida

F - Eugeny Morozov

Ian M likes this.

• Admin

good luck fella

Won it 2-0 so Bristol City were crowned 12/13 Premier League Champions.

I then decided after a few comments from Ancelotti questioning my ability in the media to really slag Ancelotti off in the build up to my second game of the following season (Chelsea at home again) with the final comment being something about me ending his side's title aspirations before they even begun. Brave stuff considering my record against Chelsea still stood at W2 L5! Anyway, I shocked myself & the entire in-game world by stuffing them 6-0 :noexpression:

Don't qualify for Europe with that team :P

we will! :D Wijnaldum is a bloody genius and Nilmar is the current holder of the golden boot!

defence is slowly getting stronger, with risse adding some consistency to the troublesome left back position (oh the irony that city cant find a decent left back!) Kirkland is a revelation in goal, with Alex Smithies and Josh Lambo in reserve, and then there are the other lplayers in the squad who add depth

Koumar Babacar, Andrew Driver, Scott Campbell (youth product), Tomas Rosicky and of course.... Bradley Orr. :D

we're marching on to europe Ian, and there is nothing that can stop us (apart from the masses of debt we keep racking up.)

• Admin

we will! :D Wijnaldum is a bloody genius and Nilmar is the current holder of the golden boot!

defence is slowly getting stronger, with risse adding some consistency to the troublesome left back position (oh the irony that city cant find a decent left back!) Kirkland is a revelation in goal, with Alex Smithies and Josh Lambo in reserve, and then there are the other lplayers in the squad who add depth

Koumar Babacar, Andrew Driver, Scott Campbell (youth product), Tomas Rosicky and of course.... Bradley Orr. :D

we're marching on to europe Ian, and there is nothing that can stop us (apart from the masses of debt we keep racking up.)

I meant you'll struggle with the Home Grown/Club Trained requirements as I found when I first qualified and spent the Summer buying only English players!

I meant you'll struggle with the Home Grown/Club Trained requirements as I found when I first qualified and spent the Summer buying only English players!

Ahh, well a few kids are english in my ressies...

I've been getting around the home grown players by signing kids under 21 who dont need a number... helps.

I now see what you mean, qualified for the champions league on third position and won the League cup so now i'm trying and failing to find any english players worth their salt...

England is shite for home growns.

I now see what you mean, qualified for the champions league on third position and won the League cup so now i'm trying and failing to find any english players worth their salt...

England is shite for home growns.

totally agree

i had to resign ribeiro from bari after being out in wilderness for years, and also go for 2 crap HG keepers on the bench.

Lesson learnt though if I play another game I will keep it in mind when building a team.

P.S did anyone get that f00king annoying thing when you declare a prem league squad of 25 and one of the players is randomly ineligble for the whole season?? I am playing version 10.1 so it could still be a bug

P.S did anyone get that f00king annoying thing when you declare a prem league squad of 25 and one of the players is randomly ineligble for the whole season?? I am playing version 10.1 so it could still be a bug

Yeah, I had that too, picked 25 players and then ended up with 24 available. Im playing 10.1 so hopefully that has been fixed with the new patch in Feb...

cheers for update Big Rob

i found that if you only declare 24 players and leave one space, then none of the players are unavailable.

yeah its annoying, but at least you didnt run risk of loosing best striker for a season.

looking forward to new version. Have all our defenders stats halved :laugh:?

Loving my save now. In February 2017 at the moment, here's my achievements:

Club World Championship: 2015, 2016

Champions League: 2015, 2016

Premier League: 2016 (third place in 2013, 2014)

Europa League: 2012

Super Cup: 2012, 2015, 2016

FA Cup: 2014, 2016

Carling Cup: 2011, 2015, 2016

Coca Cola Championship: 2010

Got such an unbeatable team now. Went 57 games unbeaten last season, and currently in a 44 game unbeaten streak.

Some screenshots:

Michael Owen - West Ham Manager

Adriano Basso - Brazil Manager !

My Team

League Position History

Honours

My Latest Signing

9 goals in 5!

Archived