IGNORED

Another Late Goal Conceeded.

mrevans

Following the game and just knew, as sure as night follows day, as bangers go with mash and as those bloody t***s will stay in X factor, that we'd concede an inevitable, late goal.

When are we going to learn??? Such a pity seeing as Danny got a late one too. Just how many have we conceeded in the last 10 to 15 minutes??

Following the game and just knew, as sure as night follows day, as bangers go with mash and as those bloody t***s will stay in X factor, that we'd concede an inevitable, late goal.

When are we going to learn??? Such a pity seeing as Danny got a late one too. Just how many have we conceeded in the last 10 to 15 minutes??

we scored a late goal didn't we?

We played well and got a point against very tough opposition.

Stop fishing or just go away.

We did well to get a point up there - but I would suggest without PLAYING WELL if every media outlet I have read or heard is to be believed. Supposed to be the sign of a good team though!! Looking forward to playing well at The Hawthorns and embarrassing West Brom from start to finish!!

We did well to get a point up there - but I would suggest without PLAYING WELL if every media outlet I have read or heard is to be believed. Supposed to be the sign of a good team though!! Looking forward to playing well at The Hawthorns and embarrassing West Brom from start to finish!!

We played very well and maybe should have nicked it.

We played very well and maybe should have nicked it.

All I have read and heard is that the game was abysmal for 85 minutes - perhaps that WAS us playing well in that GJ wanted it to turn out that way. Who knows? That's not really my definition of "playing well" though. Having said that, any City fan who does not consider today a good result really needs to come on here and explain themselves clearly because I cannot understand that viewpoint for a second.

Wrong - we went to a ground we very rarely get anything... stopped them playing... took a deserved point... I think that's case closed.

All I have read and heard is that the game was abysmal for 85 minutes - perhaps that WAS us playing well in that GJ wanted it to turn out that way. Who knows? That's not really my definition of "playing well" though. Having said that, any City fan who does not consider today a good result really needs to come on here and explain themselves clearly because I cannot understand that viewpoint for a second.

I thought we sounded pretty solid to be fair. On paper the team that got sent out today is possibly our strongest, and had to be against a Forest team on good form. More than happy with a point.

In reality, had they not scored late on then it was going to drift to 0-0 with neither side wanting to take a risk.

As it is, we've scored a goal late on and maybe our players will go into the international break feeling a bit better than a 0-0.. we finished the game on a higher note.

The initial view on the Forest forums is frustration, obviously, but that a point against us (they consider both us and themselves as teams who can beat anyone on any given day) is by no means a disaster.

Good point, well made!!

FAO Carey

"Fishing"

Are you suggesting I'm trying to cause an arguement? Actually, I'm well pleased with a point. I'm just gutted that we still seem to letting so many late goals.

Are you disappointed that Notts Forest also let a late goal in? A point away at Forest is a good result regardless of timing of goals. Some people on here are never satisfied unless we win every match and that ain't gonna happen!!

In reality, had they not scored late on then it was going to drift to 0-0 with neither side wanting to take a risk.

As it is, we've scored a goal late on and maybe our players will go into the international break feeling a bit better than a 0-0.. we finished the game on a higher note.

Agreed. And we should have a fully fit squad (touch wood) by then.

Is this the Forest forum, is their no credit to Haynes then? a point away in the 90 min is a credit to the lads, it may have slipped your thought, but Forest are at home and trying to win also, this is a good result, but too many people see the glass half empty.

credit to the aquad and th4 fans who went up.

Agreed!

Re-reading my initial post I realise it may have been interpreted as moaning or negative. Actuallly, it's just diappoiintment and frustration.

If we can sneak another point at WBA I'd be well chuffed!

Well done lads!!

Agreed!

Re-reading my initial post I realise it may have been interpreted as moaning or negative. Actuallly, it's just diappoiintment and frustration.

If we can sneak another point at WBA I'd be well chuffed!

Well done lads!!

I'm sorry mate but I find it a shame that you cannot post a little bit of frustration without certain people (probably deliberately) mis-reading it as an attack on GJ and the lads so that they can come on and have their usual self-righteous pop. Don't apologise to them for one second.

Actually I was more impressed that we didn't give up after going 1-0 down and am really please that we scored an equalizer.

How about fair play to the lads for playing right to the end. 1-1 is a good result away to a tough team.

Well said that man, it makes arefreshing change for us to score a late goal and get something out of the game, a point away to Forest is an excellent point

Put Notts Radio on player straight after full-time and they said that we would have been very disappointed to go home without a point, and provided a very stern test as an away team.

I'm sorry mate but I find it a shame that you cannot post a little bit of frustration without certain people (probably deliberately) mis-reading it as an attack on GJ and the lads so that they can come on and have their usual self-righteous pop. Don't apologise to them for one second.

Where's the need for frustration? A late goal conceded after sitting back or being dominated, yes, be frustrated. But we played really well, deserved a point and duly got one, at a very tough ground to go to.

Put Notts Radio on player straight after full-time and they said that we would have been very disappointed to go home without a point, and provided a very stern test as an away team.

Where's the need for frustration? A late goal conceded after sitting back or being dominated, yes, be frustrated. But we played really well, deserved a point and duly got one, at a very tough ground to go to.

But it was obvious that the initial poster was frustrated - reacts differently to the game than you perhaps - therefore nothing really gained by laying into him in my view.

Just back from the game (I live in Nottingham). The are a strong and fast team who play some excellent football. It seemed to be a loose second ball from a free kick that was struck firmly and accurately. It's unfortunate, but it's hard to plan for that kind of thing.

I'm more concerned about the card-happy ref, to be honest. Couple of times he also pulled us back when an advantage would have given us just that.

A good point earned at a tough opponent.

I think, generally speaking, people get a bit carried away with all this conceeding late business. Of course it's frustrating, just as it's great when we score late on, as we have dome a fair few times. The idea though that it automatically implies some sort of negative tactics, sitting back on a lead or psycological weakness just isn't the case. I can't be bothered to check all the stats but I suspect more goes get scored in the last 10 mins of games generally, tiredness, teams throwing caution to the wind etc. seem to be obvious reasons why. Similarly I'd bet that teams leading by a single goal conceded more than their fair share at the end of games as well ... again for obvious reasons.

I've seen no reason to suggest any deliberate tactics on City's part to make them culpable in this, nor any evidence that, like today, they are not as likely to score, when behind at the end of games, than anyone else.

Just back from the game (I live in Nottingham). The are a strong and fast team who play some excellent football. It seemed to be a loose second ball from a free kick that was struck firmly and accurately. It's unfortunate, but it's hard to plan for that kind of thing.

I'm more concerned about the card-happy ref, to be honest. Couple of times he also pulled us back when an advantage would have given us just that.

A good point earned at a tough opponent.

I will be genuinely surprised if we get anyone on here tonight who considers today to be anything other than a good result.

Some people on here are never satisfied unless we win every match and that ain't gonna happen!!

Back in August I posted that 23 lucky & totally undeserved 1-0 home wins coupled with 23 really dull, boring 0-0 away games would produce 92 points. Many people on here complain City's play is dull with no entertainment value, but City are still on course for 86 points.

and that ain't gonna happen!!
mores the pity.

Archived