IGNORED

Another Late Goal Conceeded.

mrevans

But it was obvious that the initial poster was frustrated - reacts differently to the game than you perhaps - therefore nothing really gained by laying into him in my view.

A lot more gained than by the pointless and unwarranted criticism by the original poster. I'm not GJ's biggest fan but I think what he said on monday was bang on, and posts like the original aren't helpful, or in this case fair.

I'm sorry mate but I find it a shame that you cannot post a little bit of frustration without certain people (probably deliberately) mis-reading it as an attack on GJ and the lads so that they can come on and have their usual self-righteous pop. Don't apologise to them for one second.
heh

People can and do post what they like, this is otib... no shame in that. but you have to appreciate people will respond to threads if they see things from a different perspective, or just simply just give their knee jerk view on it. Not sure by trying to be positive or supportive an be considered self righteous, but like i said differing opinions, and they make things more interesting aye?

Didn't sense any apology in his post btw.

I'm more than happy with a point away at Forest. Traditionally we get poor results against them, so to take a point with the form they're in is a good point.

However, City didn't offer anything going forward until we were forced to look for the equaliser, and then once we got the equaliser, our formation and mentality meant that we we're looking for a winner.

It can be frustrating that we never seem to go for them straight off, but I'm guessing that GJ prefers to be cautious with the hope of catching them on the break, whilst still holding on for a point.

GJ has got fed up uf us hanging on to a 1 goal lead, only for the opposition to snatch a point with a late equaliser. So, to avoid that, this week he told then team to to let Forest score their late equaliser before we scored.

It worked a treat.

Following the game and just knew, as sure as night follows day, as bangers go with mash and as those bloody t***s will stay in X factor, that we'd concede an inevitable, late goal.

When are we going to learn??? Such a pity seeing as Danny got a late one too. Just how many have we conceeded in the last 10 to 15 minutes??

It's nothing new with City though. My first away game was 40 years ago and City lost 1-0 to a 89th minute goal scored by John Toshack. Look in the history book; December 1960 City were winning 2-0 with just 6 minutes left at Kings Lynn in the FA Cup, but managed to hang on and bring the non Leaguers back to the Gate for a replay. Immagine the reaction if this forum had been around then!

It's nothing new with City though. My first away game was 40 years ago and City lost 1-0 to a 89th minute goal scored by John Toshack. Look in the history book; December 1960 City were winning 2-0 with just 6 minutes left at Kings Lynn in the FA Cup, but managed to hang on and bring the non Leaguers back to the Gate for a replay. Immagine the reaction if this forum had been around then!

Wasn't the replay our biggest ever win ??

Do you tell you parents, school teacher, boss , wife, kids, neighbours etc to GO AWAY when you dont aggree with their point of view?

There's a difference between a disagreement of opinion and pointless, fruitless and unwarranted frustration which the original poster has already said... Without meaning to turn them into a scapegoat, as it's certainly not a single person who does it.

There's a difference between a disagreement of opinion and pointless, fruitless and unwarranted frustration which the original poster has already said... Without meaning to turn them into a scapegoat, as it's certainly not a single person who does it.

For goodness sake, chill out and grow up! This is an open forum for people to express their opinions. I respect your opinion, maybe you should do the same. It seems to me that everyone on here agrees it's a great point won against a team we haven't got that many points against recently.

I shall continue to feel frustrated about the late goals but I will still back the team to the hilt, applaud every performance and never, ever get on the back's of our players or manager!!

Carey#6, let's agree to disagree! (Group hug, anyone?)

For goodness sake, chill out and grow up! This is an open forum for people to express their opinions. I respect your opinion, maybe you should do the same. It seems to me that everyone on here agrees it's a great point won against a team we haven't got that many points against recently.

I shall continue to feel frustrated about the late goals but I will still back the team to the hilt, applaud every performance and never, ever get on the back's of our players or manager!!

Carey#6, let's agree to disagree! (Group hug, anyone?)

I'm sorry if my post came across as being targeted at you, that's why I said I wasn't trying to single you out, because we've agreed to disagree already, but I was defending my stance to someone else.

I'm sorry if my post came across as being targeted at you, that's why I said I wasn't trying to single you out, because we've agreed to disagree already, but I was defending my stance to someone else.

Fair point!!

Or, more controversially, it could even be because everyone just thinks yesterday was a good result.

Although it's really nice to get a last minute equaliser, you can't say the result is good.

If it was us that scored first and they equalised in the last few minutes...,

No way would you be saying that!

Especially if LJ was playing. :tongue:

Do you think GJ said it was a good result? SL?

We dropped 2 points against a team that was playing badly and let in another soft goal in the last 10 mins. If we're going to be in the playoffs (and financially we kinda need to be), we need to beat the likes of Forest when they're playing badly.

And no I don't buy this "Forest are our bogey team" BS.

Back in August I posted that 23 lucky & totally undeserved 1-0 home wins coupled with 23 really dull, boring 0-0 away games would produce 92 points. Many people on here complain City's play is dull with no entertainment value, but City are still on course for 86 points.

Saying we are on course for 86 points is stretching things a bit. We would do very well to get 60 points from our next 30 games. Current average points per game would suggest a season return of 74 - 75 points.

Back on topic, I consider Forest to be serious play off contenders this year so getting a point away is a fine result.

Although it's really nice to get a last minute equaliser, you can't say the result is good.

We dropped 2 points against a team that was playing badly and let in another soft goal in the last 10 mins. If we're going to be in the playoffs (and financially we kinda need to be), we need to beat the likes of Forest when they're playing badly.

Forest's last 3 home results

Barnsley - 1-0

Newcastle - 1-0

S****hopre - 2-0

They are previously unbeaten in 7, 8th best home record.

I think a point was a good return. Same again at WBA would be similar.

A point away against Forest (who have spent big this summer and will be a top 10 side and are on a great run) IS a decent result IMO and I'd say so whoever played and whatever order we scored in.

If we were away to a weak team it might be a little disappointing but there are only half a dozen of those in this division so a point away is rarely cause for complaint.

A point away against Forest (who have spent big this summer and will be a top 10 side and are on a great run) IS a decent result IMO and I'd say so whoever played and whatever order we scored in.

I can hardly believe that any City fan thinks that a point at Forest is not a good result. As already pointed out they have been on a good run and have won their last 3 home games.

Most of us would have taken a point before the game.

Archived