IGNORED

Doncaster V Bristol City Match Thread

DaveF

Result of today's game?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aah where would we be without optimism.

On a different note im getting sick to the high teeth hearing on radio Bristol testers from rovers fans signing off their name as "So and So Gas"....especially the way Twentypee says it

Agree with gas irritation.

Common sense phone call from Ted, Danny Haynes his MOTM for running himself into the ground.

Oh, God, Jason's on now, more gas superlatives. :doh:

100 percent incentive payment.

Sorry mate, but you are getting f00k1ng boring and repetitive now. I bet there wasn't one player out there today that didn't give their all for the shirt, not one. They got paid what the club will pay them and as long as they give 100% it is pointless pursuing your mindless drivel about their sodding bank accounts all ba$tard afterf00k1ng noon.

Our problems do not lie with players not giving a crap about the fans and going through the motions for their money. Our problems are the make-up of the squad that has been assembled and tactical deficiencies and don't believe anyone who tells you, on behalf of the big boss man, that they are MYTHICAL!!! It has f00k all to do with bank balance as far as I can make out and more to do with squad balance.

If City can't go on an unbeaten run then there isn't much hope unfortunately. All the teams in the Championship chasing promotion usually have good runs of form over the Christmas period but City haven't had a good run of form all season.

Inconsistant 40 years ago and inconsistant now; whatever division we are unpredictable. Ah well world cup to look forward to England :englandsmile4wf:

Sorry mate, but you are getting f00k1ng boring and repetitive now. I bet there wasn't one player out there today that didn't give their all for the shirt, not one. They got paid what the club will pay them and as long as they give 100% it is pointless pursuing your mindless drivel about their sodding bank accounts all ba$tard afterf00k1ng noon.

Our problems do not lie with players not giving a crap about the fans and going through the motions for their money. Our problems are the make-up of the squad that has been assembled and tactical deficiencies and don't believe anyone who tells you, on behalf of the big boss man, that they are MYTHICAL!!! It has f00k all to do with bank balance as far as I can make out and more to do with squad balance.

You mean the 20 pence who came up with the impressive suggestion that notorius benchsitter Peter Styvar raised our game last season??

To be fair to Styvar, he wasn't match ready for like 90% of his time here what with being homesick, ill etc. As a result we never got anywhere close to the best out of him. He did however play quite well vs Portsmouth on his debut, so yes he did raise our game on that occasion.

Fair play to Johnson for sorting it out at half time but frankly his strange, and ultra defensive, starting line up was what cost us the game. We don't and won't create anything with 3 defensive midfielders.

For the last three years Gary Johnson has been cautious in his Management style and he reverted to type this afternoon with his initial selection. We had a discussion down the pub along the lines of your team and GJ's team for today and EVERYBODY, and I literally mean everybody, I was drinking with last night called HIS team selection today correctly. GJ will continue to operate in a safety first manner as long as he is at the club. I can put up with that as long as we assemble a squad of square pegs for square holes that will play decent football and make a challenge for the play offs NEXT SEASON.

To be fair to Styvar, he wasn't match ready for like 90% of his time here what with being homesick, ill etc. As a result we never got anywhere close to the best out of him. He did however play quite well vs Portsmouth on his debut, so yes he did raise our game on that occasion.

All those things, but he wasn't very good either.

I doubt if Twentyman watched him more than a couple of times.

It's up to the players on the pitch to adopt to the game and get a result. Boring drivel or not.

Forget about the butler.

It's up to the players on the pitch to adopt to the game and get a result. Boring drivel or not.

Perhaps they lack talent or a football brain then - one thing we know our players don't lack in is EFFORT. They didn't sign themselves and write their own contracts. All I am saying is stop boring the whole world to tears by referring to bank accounts - that is only perhaps remotely relevant if they are not lifting a finger for the club.

Perhaps they lack talent or a football brain then - one thing we know our players don't lack in is EFFORT. They didn't sign themselves and write their own contracts. All I am saying is stop boring the whole world to tears by referring to bank accounts - that is only perhaps remotely relevant if they are not lifting a finger for the club.

Haven't been talking about bank accounts for more than three hours so calm down ;) If LJ is top of EFFORT with his alibi running Pro**** is a big lie.

We are wasting our money.

Haven't been talking about bank accounts for more than three hours so calm down ;) If LJ is top of EFFORT with his alibi running Pro**** is a big lie.

We are wasting our money.

Read a few posts up and you will see my views on the apparent reliance we place on Prozone. By all means use it as an internal tool but don't try and convince people who work all week, have a reasonable brain and are looking forward to the match more than anything else that those 14 balls slung in from between the penalty area and halfway line, that the Ipswich Keeper and Centre Halves dealt with comfortably, resembled CROSSES. That is insulting people's intelligence!!

Read a few posts up and you will see my views on the apparent reliance we place on Prozone. By all means use it as an internal tool but don't try and convince people who work all week, have a reasonable brain and are looking forward to the match more than anything else that those 14 balls slung in from between the penalty area and halfway line, that the Ipswich Keeper and Centre Halves dealt with comfortably, resembled CROSSES. That is insulting people's intelligence!!

Agree on that.

Yet Gary criticised the work rate of some (unnamed) players after the Ipswich game. We do seem to have reached a plateau and it all seems to be a bit of a chore, the novelty of the Championship having worn off the level of motivation looks nothing like our first season back. The squad is much stronger on paper but there is no improvement in performances and results from last season. The team has rarely gelled so far and shows few signs of doing so, though chopping and changing through illness, injury and suspension hasn't helped. For most of my time following City we have been an average Div 2 club and team and that is what we are now in a league where almost everybody else is similarly average. Can't see that changing at least until we get a new stadium and significantly higher income. Not a complaint just an observation.

Yet Gary criticised the work rate of some (unnamed) players after the Ipswich game. We do seem to have reached a plateau and it all seems to be a bit of a chore, the novelty of the Championship having worn off the level of motivation looks nothing like our first season back. The squad is much stronger on paper but there is no improvement in performances and results from last season. The team has rarely gelled so far and shows few signs of doing so, though chopping and changing through illness, injury and suspension hasn't helped. For most of my time following City we have been an average Div 2 club and team and that is what we are now in a league where almost everybody else is similarly average. Can't see that changing at least until we get a new stadium and significantly higher income. Not a complaint just an observation.

An interesting observation that leads to an interesting question.

Given the losses we are making and money we are spending on transfer fees and wages, do you think that Steve Lansdown will be happy with "Average Division 2" status over the next season or so? I think that the club is reaching a bit of a crossroads with a little unrest, rightly or wrongly it doesn't matter one iota, and next season's Season Ticket Sales are going to make interesting reading as the effects of the recession reach even more people and the tolerance of the football on offer from some supporters seems to be diminshing by the home game.

It is all well and good for the younger element to come on here and say "well don't go then" but we all know that when gates diminish to a certain level Steve Lansdown really will question whether he should find something else to spend his cash on.

An interesting observation that leads to an interesting question.

Given the losses we are making and money we are spending on transfer fees and wages, do you think that Steve Lansdown will be happy with "Average Division 2" status over the next season or so? I think that the club is reaching a bit of a crossroads with a little unrest, rightly or wrongly it doesn't matter one iota, and next season's Season Ticket Sales are going to make interesting reading as the effects of the recession reach even more people and the tolerance of the football on offer from some supporters seems to be diminshing by the home game.

It is all well and good for the younger element to come on here and say "well don't go then" but we all know that when gates diminish to a certain level Steve Lansdown really will question whether he should find something else to spend his cash on.

I don't see Steve walking away. However he is on record that the level of spending requires promotion (though he did not say by when). He gave Wilson time but reached the point where spending had to be cut, which Wilson wouldn't accept. I assume a similar point would be reached with Gary, though possibly the plan is a 5 year one and heavily dependent on the stadium. Treading water and failing to attract crowds certainly won't help though.

Archived