IGNORED

City V Reading

Nogbad the Bad

I'd be interested to know how many goals we have conceded in the last 5 (or 10) minutes in the last two seasons, and how many points we've dropped. It has to be a coaching, management issue, because you can only believe that the players are doing what they're told. You don't concede goals if you keep the ball in the opposition half.

The Plan is score then sit back and defend like fck

we can all see the failure in that plan - how about, bit revolutionary, score one goal, then another and keep attacking, and always leave players up front as outlets. Still who are we to be such experts, we may only have watched perhaps a thousand games.

I'm saying nothing that hasn't already been said but, irrespective of the position in the table, I have such little enthusiasm for watching a football team that take the fight to the opposition like a bunch of French cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Add to that a mentality that is so meek (in conceding late goals through sitting back) and the entertainment factor is completely lost.

Where do we go from here?

I'm saying nothing that hasn't already been said but, irrespective of the position in the table, I have such little enthusiasm for a watching a football team that take the fight to the opposition like a bunch of French cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

Add to that a mentality that is so meek (in conceding late goals through sitting back) and the entertainment factor is completely lost.

We need a manager who can inspire players to start playing at kick off and be a first half team... We have the talent but can't seem to use it....

we can all see the failure in that plan - how about, bit revolutionary, score one goal, then another and keep attacking, and always leave players up front as outlets. Still who are we to be such experts, we may only have watched perhaps a thousand games.

Careful, the see no evil brigade will have you shot for voicing such sentiments....

This level of "performance" is unacceptable. there are no excuses for it whatsover. no-one but GJ to blame for this awful game..

I've been saying for weeks that he doesn't appear to have a plan. Again, I think he's clueless.

It's only a matter of time before we get the GJ fan club on our backs.

This is a crazy state of affairs we're in. Apparently, although I'd question it, we have the best group of players we've had for years and according to King Gary it's the fittest group he's had.

So, why are we conceding so many late goals? Well, it can't be the talent and it can't be the fitness... I actually feel it's not the conceding last minute goals that's costing us... If you're 2/3 up going into the last five then it would make any difference.

GJ is a reactive not a proactive manager. He sells a winger, doesn't buy any then tells us we need width. This would suggest he's either clueless or confused.

I'm not advocating his removal but surely questions need to be asked.

Ok fan club, give it to me.

We need a manager who can inspire players to start playing at kick off and be a first half team... We have the talent but can't seem to use it....

I suppose the greatest frustration is that we are not seeing any change whatsoever, we're not evolving, not trying to change our style or tactics, what we do do is tinker with the team selection week after week, but nothing changes. If you recall the appaling form of the second half of last season, add it to current form, its fair to say, questions need to be asked......

I've been saying for weeks that he doesn't appear to have a plan. Again, I think he's clueless.

It's only a matter of time before we get the GJ fan club on our backs.

This is a crazy state of affairs we're in. Apparently, although I'd question it, we have the best group of players we've had for years and according to King Gary it's the fittest group he's had.

So, why are we conceding so many late goals? Well, it can't be the talent and it can't be the fitness... I actually feel it's not the conceding last minute goals that's costing us... If you're 2/3 up going into the last five then it would make any difference.

GJ is a reactive not a proactive manager. He sells a winger, doesn't buy any then tells us we need width. This would suggest he's either clueless or confused.

I'm not advocating his removal but surely questions need to be asked.

Ok fan club, give it to me.

And meanwhile Basso doesn't want to play for him. I wonder why?

We do. But I'm sure the situation will need to be a lot worse before GJ is shipped out. I don't want him to go as I love the guy, but I'm running out of reasons to fight his corner because we are so boring to watch, lack any real excitement and, although relegation isn't an immediate concern, we will suffer in the long run (more than we are already) with lower attendances etc.

The question I ask myself is this - if his contract was nearly up would SL just get rid of him now?

I'm saying nothing that hasn't already been said but, irrespective of the position in the table, I have such little enthusiasm for watching a football team that take the fight to the opposition like a bunch of French cheese-eating surrender monkeys.

I couldnt agree more

I love this club, have had a season ticket for over 15 years, and try to get to as many away games as I can, but even I have chose not to go to the last two home games! Call me "not a true fan" or whatever, but I really fear for us next season.

Its dreadful, utterly dreadful! I know so many people who wont renew their season tickets next year because of how bad it is. We can polish it up by saying we are "only x amount of points out the play-offs", but we are heading no where fast. Next season, I honestly think we are going to be lucky to top 8,000 season ticket holders, what with the recession and the s**t that is on view week in, week out. Its a real shame really

I will say though, I wasnt there today, so cannot comment on todays performances, so am interested to hear the views of people who were there? I just hope Johnson doesnt have another paddy and actually comes out to faces his critics this week, although im sure he will be reading from the same song sheet as he has done since last January!

Archived