IGNORED

Gary Johnson Fed Up With The Boo Boys!?

PFree

Was it just me who noticed that all four stands were singing together when Reading scored. I think this is probably what frustrates fans further. That we get told by GJ to do our bit so we do, but the players dont do there bit. Then after he game he gives another dig to the fans..... Stop passing the buck Gary!

I think its a sad state that my main enjoyment on a sataday these days is going to the pub before strolling along to watch another bore draw game.

Ha ha. Have you not read the multiple 'GJ for the sack' threads???

Lets be clear shall we. The people with the responsibility for the poor relationship with the fans are :

1) Those who have bitterly and cynically witch-hunted Lee Johnson for the past 2 seasons.

2) Those who hurl personal abuse at the match.

3) Those who have written nothing but spiteful and petty Johnson out comments on here, in an attempt to stir up a fan revolt against the best manager we've had for decades.

Let me tell you now. I have no issues with calling for width, for more adventurous play, for questioning tactics, team selections or substitutions, and we all know it is obvious that every City fan wants us to perform better than we currently are. I'm happy for people to shout particular things during matches to show their opinions and feelings, but it should not be in the remit of any fan to hurl personal abuse, and consistently attack the Manager.

There are some very familiar faces making the 'Sack GJ' comments, and the fact is that a number of these people have always had issues with GJ, and have been waiting 4 years to call for his head. Here's why they've had to wait for so long : Yes, because so far, GJ has been a success. Yes that's right, he's been a success guys and gals.

Season 2005/6 : Took over a struggling side and avoided relegation to THE BOTTOM LEAGUE!

Season 2006/7 : Achieved PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Season 2007/8 : Came within a WHISKER of CLAIMING A PREMIER LEAGUE place!

Season 2008/9 : Finished a very respectable 10th in THE CHAMPIONSHIP (having now guided BCFC to 2 of their highest ever consecutive league positions!)

Season 2009/10 : Won 7, Drawn 10, Lost 5. Yes, admittedly, not the greatest record so far this season, and also admittedly not the greatest entertainment on show. But relegation form? No! Time for a change of Manager? Aren't we jumping the gun a little here! Time to hound the boss out by making personal insults? No chance!

Lets also get another thing straight. Wingers. We haven't got any, and hence GJ is 'trying' to play without them. Yes, the attempted formations may not be up to scratch, but pretty much EVERYONE ON HERE is always calling out for PLAYING PLAYERS IN THEIR POSITION!!! We don't have a left winger. If we play 442 then someone is playing out of position. Are we not being a tad hypocritical here?

The reason we have no left winger, is because McIndoe jumped ship. the reason McIndoe jumped ship is nowt to do with GJ. It's to do with the fact that he has never settled anywhere in his career and the fact we got 2 seasons out of him was a miracle. He's had 9 clubs in 9 years ffs!! Anyone who thought he'd stay once other clubs were sniffing is very much mistaken. He signed for Cov on 4th August, yes that's 4 days before the season started, and this left us very little time to find a replacement. Many of you would have been party to the numerous rumours of signings back in August, and will therefore know, for a fact, that GJ tried to sign a number of left sided players (remember Martin, Yeates, Erimenko, Taylor, I'm sure there were plenty more).

Without a left winger, we cannot play 442 with wide players. GJ is 'trying' to make the best of a very unbalanced squad. Yes, you can argue that the imbalance has been created by himself, but the late departure of McIndoe and subsequent failure to sign a 'good' left winger is not wholly his fault. In the meantime, dragging out a few results, playing boring football, in order to make the most of the squad is what we'll have to put up with.

If, and I mean a big if, GJ doesn't sign a left winger in January, then yes, I will begin to get concerned. But even then it still won't be time to call for his head, as he's on a long term strategy to build this clubs future. Yes, we have come a long way under Johnson, and have now fallen back again slightly, but success is not overnight, it's a slow, methodical process, and if it means a few dull games in the meantime, then so be it, I for one am confident that the club is in good hands.

This is not blind faith. This is also not a GJ love-in. This is my view based on the FACTS that the current management team have steered us to the most successful period in my life of watching City (since 1987 for your info. I've seen us play 6 years of Championship football without GJ, we've finished 9th, 17th, 15th, 13th, 23rd, and 24th. I've seen 2.5 season with the current management team at this level, and we've finished 4th & 10th, and currently 9th. That is better than my whole history of watching City. I've also seen 14 seasons of Div 3 level football, and am more than happy that we are currently holding our own in this highly competitive and difficult division).

Here's how I see it with the fans :

1) There are those that simply do not like Johnson and want him out.

2) There are those that are not enjoying the current entertainment, and want Johnson out.

3) There are the rest of us who want him to do better and will allow him the time he has deserved to get things right.

I may be deluded, but I 100% believe that most of us are in group 3.

Please be patient you City fans. Come on, we are the best fans in the land. Lets not show that we are above our stations by deluding ourselves into thinking we have any right to romp this league and to play with style and verve every game. Lets be patient, let Gary build the squad up, and we'll be ready for the Prem when the new stadium comes around.

A lot of clubs are very hasty with their managerial changes these days, and I don't want us to stoop to that. We have the right team in charge for the long haul, we're just going through the inevitable period of uncertainty and transistion that will come with wanting to better ourselves. We've made a number of large steps forward under GJ, now lets give him some deserved patience now that we've had that little step backwards.

Anyways, bye for now City Loyalists. Patience people.

:D

Great post Harry, my sentiments exactly

The fact is that a lot of people are not happy with the standard of football on offer...FACT

I have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and on matchdays I now feel EXACTLY how I used to when I was watching BCFC in the old Division 4/on our way down there.

The football is secondary to the day out now, we aren't going to win (or very rarely), there is a possibility of a draw but in most games we will be totally outplayed...

Sounds about the same to me...

BCAGFC

I think you're assuming criticism means people want the manager out and it doesn't.

No. The people I was referring to have not simply indulged in criticism, they have actually said they want him to leave now.

I for one think that is absolutely ludicrous.

You gotta love these "look where we once were" posts.

Where I do agree with you to a certain extent, you could also argue "look where Hull City and Stoke City were" some 5/6/7 years ago.

Besides, im not questioning what GJ HAS done for City, Im questioning what he COULD do for City. At this moment in time, we are making the same mistakes as we did 12/15 months ago.

Now, I do not know what you do for a living, but if you were making the same mistakes now, that you were making some 15 months ago, your boss would question you?

Regardless of where we once were, or where Reading once were....in the here and now, like Peterborough and Scunny, they should have been ripe for the picking, especially for a team "who wants to be a top 6 team"

You also gotta love these 'I'm not even going to acknowledge where we were, how we got where we are now, who got us there, and doesn't he deserve time to put it right' posts.

As for your points about Hull & Stoke. Pulis has been at Stoke for 7 years and has achieved one promotion. Brown has been at Hull for 3 years and has also achieved one promotion. Johnson has also achieved one promotion, getting us to the Championship, and once we become an established club at this level, perhaps with a bit of patience, we can stick by the man who got us here and see if he can lead us onwards.

If you want to talk about the here and now, we SHOULD still be a middle to bottom end club in this league. We have been over-achieving for the last 2 years. It takes a few phases or cycles to build the team that the manager wants. He built a team to get out of League 1, a division in which we were a 'bigger fish'. We still have players at the club who were L1 players. Until the full cycle has happened, and we have built a complete Championship team, we will just have to be patient. It may take 2 or 3 or 4 seasons to do this, and in the meantime, we have to make sure we get enough points to stay in this division, and not drop into the realms of crapness that is L1. If the boring and defensive style keeps us in this division for a couple of years, enough time for us to re-cycle the whole squad, then so be it, we will be all the stronger for it down the line, and be in a better position to realistically make a charge for the Prem.

I honestly do question those people who would rather we play expansive football, losing 4-3 each week, and end up bottom of the league. Seriously, there are some people who have posted on here who have said they would sacrifice entertainment for the result. These are the very same people who would be calling for the managers head if we were playing exciting football but were in the bottom 3. Quite simply, with some people, the manager just cannot win.

The reason we have no left winger, is because McIndoe jumped ship. the reason McIndoe jumped ship is nowt to do with GJ. It's to do with the fact that he has never settled anywhere in his career and the fact we got 2 seasons out of him was a miracle. He's had 9 clubs in 9 years ffs!! Anyone who thought he'd stay once other clubs were sniffing is very much mistaken. He signed for Cov on 4th August, yes that's 4 days before the season started, and this left us very little time to find a replacement. Many of you would have been party to the numerous rumours of signings back in August, and will therefore know, for a fact, that GJ tried to sign a number of left sided players (remember Martin, Yeates, Erimenko, Taylor, I'm sure there were plenty more).

Without a left winger, we cannot play 442 with wide players. GJ is 'trying' to make the best of a very unbalanced squad. Yes, you can argue that the imbalance has been created by himself, but the late departure of McIndoe and subsequent failure to sign a 'good' left winger is not wholly his fault. In the meantime, dragging out a few results, playing boring football, in order to make the most of the squad is what we'll have to put up with.

If, and I mean a big if, GJ doesn't sign a left winger in January, then yes, I will begin to get concerned. But even then it still won't be time to call for his head, as he's on a long term strategy to build this clubs future. Yes, we have come a long way under Johnson, and have now fallen back again slightly, but success is not overnight, it's a slow, methodical process, and if it means a few dull games in the meantime, then so be it, I for one am confident that the club is in good hands.

Just to clarify - McIndoe didn't jump ship - he was made to walk the plank, mate. GJ himself said at the time that he felt it was time for MM to go and that when the offers started coming in the first MM knew about leaving was when he was told the club had accepted bids for him. Our left wing situation is wholly down to GJ selling McIndoe without having a replacement lined up. Sure he had targets, but having targets and having people lined up are two very different things.

, and in the meantime, we have to make sure we get enough points to stay in this division, and not drop into the realms of crapness that is L1. If the boring and defensive style keeps us in this division for a couple of years, enough time for us to re-cycle the whole squad, then so be it, we will be all the stronger for it down the line, and be in a better position to realistically make a charge for the Prem.

That's just the point though - this style of football is not what is picking up the points for us - it's the oppositions inability to finish that is doing that. For all Gerkens efforts in goal, if even half of the efforts we've gifted opponents with our style of play were better he wouldn't save them all and we would be dropping far more points than we are and be well in the mire. Don't confuse our league position with being down to how well we're playing defensively, because it isn't - it's down to fortune and eventually that luck will run out.

Just to clarify - McIndoe didn't jump ship - he was made to walk the plank, mate. GJ himself said at the time that he felt it was time for MM to go and that when the offers started coming in the first MM knew about leaving was when he was told the club had accepted bids for him. Our left wing situation is wholly down to GJ selling McIndoe without having a replacement lined up. Sure he had targets, but having targets and having people lined up are two very different things.

Yes, it was time for MM to go. And you know why that was yeh? Cuz he'd been here 2 years. 9 clubs in 9 years says more about MM wanting to go, than it does GJ wanting him out. MM was clearly not happy here in his 2nd season. He's clearly someone who suffers when he hangs around the same club for too long. So lets blame GJ for MM's upbringing, attitude and general morals shall we?

You're right - having targets and having people lined up are two very different things.

Having targets is fine. Placing bids for players is also fine. Having people lined up however, will only occur once those targets have had a bid accepted, and negotiated a contract to join us. It would appear from the known rumours in the summer, that we had our targets, we placed our bids, but they decided to join other clubs. I'm afraid we have to face the facts that we are not a 'big fish' in this league, and some of the better players will go to our bigger rivals. In the meantime, I'm happy to wait for the right target, and make do, rather than sign someone who would be 2nd rate, just for the sake of it.

Me too, link pls.

At the behest of having to prove a point :

Take a close look at the 'Gary Johnson Must Go' merged threads. And also the 'If you were the Chairman' poll.

I'm not naming names, but there are multiple posts on those threads alone stating that he must go now.

Was it just me who noticed that all four stands were singing together when Reading scored. I think this is probably what frustrates fans further. That we get told by GJ to do our bit so we do, but the players dont do there bit. Then after he game he gives another dig to the fans..... Stop passing the buck Gary!

You're right there was a swell of vocal support from all around the ground when we were under pressure at the end. Gary even applauded the support.

I don't fully understand the tactics of defending corners by bringing everyone back. Maynard was up the field occupying one and sometimes two defenders and gave us an outlet yet Millen is shouting at him to get back consequently bringing the defenders with him. Result being no outlet, an even more crowded penalty area with the chaos and confusion that often brings. Clearances then come straight back at us.

Have you noticed how often when we have a corner then 10 seconds later we are frantically defending a break away yet we rarely seem to be able to do the same when the opposition have corners?

You also gotta love these 'I'm not even going to acknowledge where we were, how we got where we are now, who got us there, and doesn't he deserve time to put it right' posts.

As for your points about Hull & Stoke. Pulis has been at Stoke for 7 years and has achieved one promotion. Brown has been at Hull for 3 years and has also achieved one promotion. Johnson has also achieved one promotion, getting us to the Championship, and once we become an established club at this level, perhaps with a bit of patience, we can stick by the man who got us here and see if he can lead us onwards.

If you want to talk about the here and now, we SHOULD still be a middle to bottom end club in this league. We have been over-achieving for the last 2 years. It takes a few phases or cycles to build the team that the manager wants. He built a team to get out of League 1, a division in which we were a 'bigger fish'. We still have players at the club who were L1 players. Until the full cycle has happened, and we have built a complete Championship team, we will just have to be patient. It may take 2 or 3 or 4 seasons to do this, and in the meantime, we have to make sure we get enough points to stay in this division, and not drop into the realms of crapness that is L1. If the boring and defensive style keeps us in this division for a couple of years, enough time for us to re-cycle the whole squad, then so be it, we will be all the stronger for it down the line, and be in a better position to realistically make a charge for the Prem.

I honestly do question those people who would rather we play expansive football, losing 4-3 each week, and end up bottom of the league. Seriously, there are some people who have posted on here who have said they would sacrifice entertainment for the result. These are the very same people who would be calling for the managers head if we were playing exciting football but were in the bottom 3. Quite simply, with some people, the manager just cannot win.

You are either lying or you cannot understand what people are writing. I will ask you the same question I have asked countless others WITHOUT A SINGLE REPLY:-

Where is your evidence and justification that playing entertaining football will see us lose 4-3 every week?

On the basis that no-one else has answered this basic question I'll answer it for you - you have no evidence whatsoever that this is the case and the "theory" is a completely nonsensical argument used only by people such as yourself who have a strong desire to watch cautious and boring tactical football in order to try and rubbish the views of supporters who would rather watch attractive, entertaining football.

And where have people actually posted that they would rather lose 4-3 every week as long as the game is entertaining. They simply haven't and you are lying - end of story. What many people have said, myself included, is that we would rather finish in mid-table playing attractive football and if we do have to take the odd 4-3 defeat on the chin in order to experience the elation of the 5-2 victory then so be it.

Here are some more questions for the entertainment = relegation brigade:-

How many teams near the top of their respective teams get there by playing boring, defensive football?

How many teams currently play entertaining football and lose 4-3 every week?

Where is your evidence that you can only survive in this division by being cautious and defensive?

Do you actually enjoy watching the "football" we all saw on Saturday?

Don't you want to see your team score goals on a regular basis and win a few matches when you go to football?

You are either lying or you cannot understand what people are writing. I will ask you the same question I have asked countless others WITHOUT A SINGLE REPLY:-

Where is your evidence and justification that playing entertaining football will see us lose 4-3 every week?

On the basis that no-one else has answered this basic question I'll answer it for you - you have no evidence whatsoever that this is the case and the "theory" is a completely nonsensical argument used only by people such as yourself who have a strong desire to watch cautious and boring tactical football in order to try and rubbish the views of supporters who would rather watch attractive, entertaining football.

And where have people actually posted that they would rather lose 4-3 every week as long as the game is entertaining. They simply haven't and you are lying - end of story. What many people have said, myself included, is that we would rather finish in mid-table playing attractive football and if we do have to take the odd 4-3 defeat on the chin in order to experience the elation of the 5-2 victory then so be it.

How many teams near the top of their respective teams get there by playing boring, defensive football?

Where is your evidence that you can only survive in this division by being cautious and defensive?

Don't you want to see your team score goals on a regular basis and win a few matches when you go to football?

I dont think you will get an answer Grebbers when you have just delivered the coup de gras. :no:

I will answer this question seeming as I have suggested something along similar lines in previous posts. I have never suggested that anyone would rather watch us lose, however i have said to some people that they should get some perspective and realise we arnt brazil and never will be and sometimes we wil be tight at back. If we play expansive football without the relevant quality in our team going forward (like at the moment) we will lose every week. The only way we can play expansive entertaining football is to buy some new players in jan. Hopefully with some pace! As for a direct answer to the question, there is of course no evidence that playin entertaining football will se us lose 4-3 every week, but i do beleieve any strong team is built on a strong and solid defence. Clough got it spot on when he was at forest. Defenders defend, central midfielders tackle and give it to the wingers, the wingers run and cross it in for the strikers who score the goals. Perfection

Chelsea do or certainly have done in the past. i dont want to see us play boring football but at the moment it is how it is. Hopefully in jan this will change if we can get a couple of wingers in

Man City although now mancini is there they will probably start playing very defensive and boring football!

I agree that you dont need to be defensive. However, you must surely agree that the basis of any good team is normally built on a strong defence (ironically we are being defensive at mo but our defence looks as shaky as ever!)

I personally dont no, but whilst we are in top half with a youngish team, youngish manager, and fairly newish to the championship i wont be calling for Gary Js head

Agree 100% but its not always as easy as that , espeically when you are building a team for future, i think GJ deserves to be given some time and slack

Stucks - you make a good point in there about having to have the quality of player to play expansive football week-in, week-out. BUT we don't even try and attack teams like Peterborough, S****horpe, Reading and Sheffiled Wednesday WHEN WE ARE AT HOME for crying out loud. It would be an improvement if GJ and KM were expansive against SELECTED OPPOSITION until they get the wide players we so desperately need but they can't even manage that at the moment.

I agree that Johnson should be given some more time but where we probably disagree is that time limit should run out at the end of this season if the football is still cautious and defensive. Because if we leave it longer we WILL be getting crowds in the Championship of 11K next season.

Stucks - you make a good point in there about having to have the quality of player to play expansive football week-in, week-out. BUT we don't even try and attack teams like Peterborough, S****horpe, Reading and Sheffiled Wednesday WHEN WE ARE AT HOME for crying out loud. It would be an improvement if GJ and KM were expansive against SELECTED OPPOSITION until they get the wide players we so desperately need but they can't even manage that at the moment.

I agree that Johnson should be given some more time but where we probably disagree is that time limit should run out at the end of this season if the football is still cautious and defensive. Because if we leave it longer we WILL be getting crowds in the Championship of 11K next season.

I agree that it is poor when we play teams like peterborough and that. I dont know if you saw West Ham v Chelsea but id like to see us play like West Ham they were terrific, they tackled, and ran and ran and played with real gusto and energy. They were nowhere near as good as Chelsea but they "gave it a go". Something i think City could do more of.

I think your right, we will disagree on time limits for GJ, im quite a "where we are in the league" sorta guy.

Greebo, you make a brillinat point about the theory that if we play attacking football we lose more games, this arugment is ridiculous!

Surely you have more chance of winning a game if you actually try to win the game?

I have yet to see ONE SINGLE poster justify this theory yet, not one. Stucks made some good points about having a solid defensive line but that doesn't stop you trying to win the game by playing attacking football. If a team has conceded 15 goals in four matches or is away from home to the top side in the league then of course decent minded fans will accept a defensive minded performance with the emphasis on keeping a clean sheet for the greater good moving forward. But we are continually adopting safety first tactics at home to bottom half sides and NOT EVEN KEEPING THE CLEAN SHEET THAT GJ CRAVES AT ALL COSTS.

This is the thing - if the tactics were working it would be an interesting argument of solidity versus fluidity and the people advocating solidity would have a point. But the tactics are plainly flawed, based on the factual evidence of being unable to win regularly at home against bottom of the table sides, and not only that but these sides are playing us off the park and creating loads of chances that require inspired goalkeeping, desperate defending or poor finishing to keep us in the game. It seems to me that only the most rose tinted GJ supporters are unable to see it.

CiderHider - For the last 18 months the standard of football has been getting worse and worse, the good performances have longer and longer in between them, and all that on the backdrop of massively increased spending, hard times financially for fans and a nice fat five year deal for Sir Gary. He's having a row with a fan every home game, he sulks away from the press and sends Millen out to tell us that width is a myth and worst of all he hasn't once done or said anything to give us confidence that he can see the problem that _vast_ majority of city fans can see in how we are playing. Under those circumstances the criticism is fair and it is childish for him to complain about it. Instead of hitting out, GJ should be acknowledging the criticism and quietly getting on with fixing it.

Every city fan has a right to comment even if they can't see the games but trust me although I know how hard it is to be away and unable to get to games it is more frustrating to have to watch that shit and then get told by someone who hasn't seen it that we are moaning about nothing. We aren't.

Nobody is really suggesting he should be sacked. Everybody will be delighted if he turns it around. But let's be clear - the person with the responsibility for the squad, the performances, and the current poor relationship with the fans is Gary Johnson - nobody else.

Has it really been getting worse and worse? :noexpression: I think GJ is capable of playing attractive football providing we have the players, we have on the past? GJ's number one responsibility/priority is to get points. It would be easy for him to say to the lads, "you know what, just go out there and play attractive football so the fans are happy" then we get thumped 4-2. Pointless and unprofessional.

The standard in this league is very high, we must accept we aint the best in it currently. If fans are not happy with results, performance etc then they should have a look again at why they support the club and what they contribute. Maybe their money would be better spent staying at home and suscribing to Sky Sports and watch Barca and Real Madrid play their poncy style of football instead of being duped at AG.

If they feel they're really getting a raw deal then best stay at home in the warm, because negative fans are detrimental and useless and have no positive influence on the club at all. Criticizing the manager, the players and the club is stupid and childish.

I have a different perspective not living in Bristol, somtimes it takes an outsider looking in to see the real issues, and to me they are a small minority of mouthy fans hell bent on ousting GJ and and spreading negativity like a cancer. I wish they would all **** off and support the Gas, no wait....they probably do.

you dont seem to quite get it do you.

Nobody "expects to win", but what "I expect" is for Gary Johnson and his team of coaches to do their jobs and keep this club progressing on the pitch! The simple fact of the matter is...we arnt, AND, more importantly....with the tactics and formations he is playing, with the players he has....we wont!

This is not anything new, last season was exactly the same, 13/14 draws at home.....and its heading that way again this season! That is NOT good enough.....there is quite clearly problems and so far, over the last 12/15 months, he has done very little to fix it. New players have come in, better quality players to....so you have to ask yourself, why the hell are we not moving forward ON the pitch.

As people quite rightly pointed out, he is far more concerned with stopping the other team, instead of setting out to try to take teams apart. Gary, were not Chelsea, Bradley Orr and Macca are not wing backs, we cant get away with playing centre midfielders on the wing.....for christ sake, stop your moaning, stop passing the buck and having a dig at the fans (AGAIN!) and do your bloody job

Must learn patients. Rome not built in a day, patients is a virtue. Jan is round the corner, let GJ do his job. Support him, trust him. There is no one better qualified than GJ to take us forward.

Why is he trying so hard to turn the fans against him?

Because simply he has no clue what he is doing.

He's doen this before, he likes to blame our fans when they start booing him, and yes i was one of those that did boo and shout at JOhnson that he sould (in more clourfull words) sort it out or leave. Frankly he deserves it.

Am i not the only one thinking that if the fans get on his back enouth then he will walk? Sorry but unless he put together some good performces from the team over the coming weeks I will be one of those that will happly start getting on his back even more and seeing how far we can push him.

Has it really been getting worse and worse? :noexpression: I think GJ is capable of playing attractive football providing we have the players, we have on the past? GJ's number one responsibility/priority is to get points. It would be easy for him to say to the lads, "you know what, just go out there and play attractive football so the fans are happy" then we get thumped 4-2. Pointless and unprofessional.

It has definitely been getting worse and worse and there is no reason playing entertaining attacking football instead of setting up to just try and nullify the opposition and sneak a goal would see us get beat every week.

The standard in this league is very high, we must accept we aint the best in it currently. If fans are not happy with results, performance etc then they should have a look again at why they support the club and what they contribute. Maybe their money would be better spent staying at home and suscribing to Sky Sports and watch Barca and Real Madrid play their poncy style of football instead of being duped at AG.

If they feel they're really getting a raw deal then best stay at home in the warm, because negative fans are detrimental and useless and have no positive influence on the club at all. Criticizing the manager, the players and the club is stupid and childish.

I have a different perspective not living in Bristol, somtimes it takes an outsider looking in to see the real issues, and to me they are a small minority of mouthy fans hell bent on ousting GJ and and spreading negativity like a cancer. I wish they would all **** off and support the Gas, no wait....they probably do.

I'm afraid you're talking complete rubbish. Criticism on here or on the radio after the game has no relation to the level of support the team get during it. Criticism when it is constructive and thought out is not stupid and childish in the least, it is absolutely essential. Clubs do not improve because their fans st around patting themselves on the back. The tired old mantra of "don't go/go support Barca" is just plain crap and in fact your "jolly good show" attitude and the holier than thou bollocks is much more akin to the gas than anything else.

Bristol City fans put a small fortune into the club every year, our hands go into our pockets deeper and deeper as time goes on, then Steve tops it up and Gary spends it and right now there is no return and we seem to be going backwards on the pitch. This isn't a minority view any more, there is a groundswell of dissatisfaction so to harp on about the handful of people with more extreme views and ignore it would be foolish.

It has definitely been getting worse and worse and there is no reason playing entertaining attacking football instead of setting up to just try and nullify the opposition and sneak a goal would see us get beat every week.

I'm afraid you're talking complete rubbish. Criticism on here or on the radio after the game has no relation to the level of support the team get during it. Criticism when it is constructive and thought out is not stupid and childish in the least, it is absolutely essential. Clubs do not improve because their fans st around patting themselves on the back. The tired old mantra of "don't go/go support Barca" is just plain crap and in fact your "jolly good show" attitude and the holier than thou bollocks is much more akin to the gas than anything else.

Bristol City fans put a small fortune into the club every year, our hands go into our pockets deeper and deeper as time goes on, then Steve tops it up and Gary spends it and right now there is no return and we seem to be going backwards on the pitch. This isn't a minority view any more, there is a groundswell of dissatisfaction so to harp on about the handful of people with more extreme views and ignore it would be foolish.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Would also like to point out that if all the dissatisfied fans stayed at home and watchd "Barca" are attendances would be next to nothing..and we'd be racing down the leagues through lack of income and budget.

Aye OK, was wrong to suggest fans watch Barca or Sky, I'm sorry for that. ST holders are the life blood of the Club, I'm just upset that some people are so vocal with their criticism of GJ recently. I'm just trying to remain positive. Gonna be in Bristol January and will catch the Cardiff game :yawn: , I guess i'll see for myself how much has changed in 12 months. Pretty sure everyone would agree that GJ needs some time, I pray that Jan will bring in a new face or 2 and see the likes of Basso and Trundle leave the club. All we need is a few decent result and we can achieve the play offs. :sweatingbullets: We all want prem footy, and i suppose I cant begrudge fans for being upset if it looks unlikely we are gonna do it.

Next game is pretty big then.

Meh, who would want a football managers job, not me.

Take it from me and/or many others on here, who are not mouthy and hellbent on spreading negativity like a cancer, that if the people disatisfied with the football on offer take your advice by not turning up and not bothering to buy season tickets next time round then the club will be right up the creek without a paddle. In fact, it will be on the verge of administration without a massive injection of cash fromt Steve Lansdown (as if we are not close enough to that already without making the situation worse).

I find it amazing that you can be judgemental from over 10,000 miles away and criticise literally thousands of supporters PAYING OUT THE CASH to watch the football and having a bit of a moan in the pubs, the workplaces, on the internet forums and the radio phone-ins. To believe that you have it all right and they have somehow all got it all wrong is a touch arrogant if you don't mind me saying so.

In some ways the club is lucky that so many people are prepared to watch football that they have no real interest in and are still prepared to put the interests of the club first by renewing season tickets, paying into the City Foundation, buying replica Kit as Christmas presents etc. etc.

To tell people to f00k off and support the Gas is a disgraceful comment that does you no favours whatsoever.

Take it from me and/or many others on here, who are not mouthy and hellbent on spreading negativity like a cancer, that if the people disatisfied with the football on offer take your advice by not turning up and not bothering to buy season tickets next time round then the club will be right up the creek without a paddle. In fact, it will be on the verge of administration without a massive injection of cash fromt Steve Lansdown (as if we are not close enough to that already without making the situation worse).

I find it amazing that you can be judgemental from over 10,000 miles away and criticise literally thousands of supporters PAYING OUT THE CASH to watch the football and having a bit of a moan in the pubs, the workplaces, on the internet forums and the radio phone-ins. To believe that you have it all right and they have somehow all got it all wrong is a touch arrogant if you don't mind me saying so.

In some ways the club is lucky that so many people are prepared to watch football that they have no real interest in and are still prepared to put the interests of the club first by renewing season tickets, paying into the City Foundation, buying replica Kit as Christmas presents etc. etc.

To tell people to f00k off and support the Gas is a disgraceful comment that does you no favours whatsoever.

If fans want to have a go at GJ or the club then I'll have a go at them, seems only fair.

Anyhow I'm not referring to you or others like you then, but supporting City is a choice not a chore. You take the ups and downs. Its the fact I've seen some vicious posts on here recently and its those people who the club can do without, Seriously, they would be better of without football if it distresses them that much.

The club cant make promises of any kind about results or performances, that's just unrealistic.

If fans want to have a go at GJ or the club then I'll have a go at them, seems only fair.

Anyhow I'm not referring to you or others like you then, but supporting City is a choice not a chore. You take the ups and downs. Its the fact I've seen some vicious posts on here recently and its those people who the club can do without, Seriously, they would be better of without football if it distresses them that much.

The club cant make promises of any kind about results or performances, that's just unrealistic.

Well i cant say i have seen anything like you describe, heres a little tip though, if you see any more just hit the report button, the mods will soon remove them :yes:

I know some people who sit behind the dug out and apparently there is some guy there who is constantly having a pop at GJ, and has been for some time. These particular people think this bloke has something wrong in his head. There are one or two on here who seem to me to post in a similar manner i.e. cannot post without being abusive and aggressive. It wouldn't surprise me if one poster in particular is the guy behind the dug out. Behaving in this way is not only out of order but demeans people that do have reasoned arguments to put, but negates any sensible argument the perpetrator of said abuse may have.

But the other week I saw Johnson loose his rag, just because some guy said who's that, when Clarkson stripped off to come on, he turned round started pointing at the guy, and mouthing something at the guy, the guy replied that he had only asked because he had never seen him before, nothing nasty or abusive was ever said by the fan, even Millen looked slightly embarassed by it all.

Aye OK, was wrong to suggest fans watch Barca or Sky, I'm sorry for that. ST holders are the life blood of the Club, I'm just upset that some people are so vocal with their criticism of GJ recently. I'm just trying to remain positive. Gonna be in Bristol January and will catch the Cardiff game :yawn: , I guess i'll see for myself how much has changed in 12 months. Pretty sure everyone would agree that GJ needs some time, I pray that Jan will bring in a new face or 2 and see the likes of Basso and Trundle leave the club. All we need is a few decent result and we can achieve the play offs. :sweatingbullets: We all want prem footy, and i suppose I cant begrudge fans for being upset if it looks unlikely we are gonna do it.

Next game is pretty big then.

Meh, who would want a football managers job, not me.

Massive u turn required to get anywhere near play offs i.m.o. in fact if nothing changes soon we will be battling at the other end soon.

And I`d have the job and the money tomorrow together with a 5 year contract; where do I sign :mafia:

But the other week I saw Johnson loose his rag, just because some guy said who's that, when Clarkson stripped off to come on, he turned round started pointing at the guy, and mouthing something at the guy, the guy replied that he had only asked because he had never seen him before, nothing nasty or abusive was ever said by the fan, even Millen looked slightly embarassed by it all.

Sounds like that's not the guy I'm refering to, the one I'm on about is ALWAYS on!

Archived