IGNORED

Gary Johnson Fed Up With The Boo Boys!?

PFree

GJ is losing the fans. Wont be long before he loses the dressing room if the fans are on their case....

uote]

Perhaps it's all a cunning plan by Johnson, play boring football, strange tactics and selections, fans get feed up, attendence start to go down, Lansdown looses faith, gets rid of Johnson. = huge pay off

Can't comment much as I've only been down once this year, having stopped buying a season ticket. Unfortunately it was the QPR game, so I think I was lucky.

However one point to make: surely GJ should be given as much time as he wants as long as he's seen to be making progress?

Do you think he is?

One view could be yes - the squad is a lot better.

One view could be no - the results are getting worse and the games more dull despite the better players.

Did any of this "abuse" or "booing" take place during the game ?

I cant admit to hearing any great levels of this during the game, the usual stands were trying to get behind the team and Manager - no need for "personal insults", but is someone shouting something like "Johnson you're clueless" branded as a peronal insult ???

But after the full time whistle, now that IN MY OPINION is when some kind of reaction could be deemed as justifiable.

Does justifiable mean that the person was right? Does it mean that they're merely human, with poor control over their anger and frustration?

I agree with your distinction. Booing in game is undoubtedly damaging team morale and hence performance. Booing in game actually makes us more likely to lose.

Booing after game, presumably when GJ is already frustrated doesn't help. It will just make him more likely to make bad decisions, cause disharmony in the dressing room etc.

It's not nearly as significant but, by booing at all, you are screwing all the players, the management, the chairman and all the fans, yourself included.

It's completely irrelevant how much we pay GJ and the players.

Secondly, the consensus seems to have settled on blaming GJ for not signing more left-sided players 4 months ago. In which case, people should've been acting like they knew better 4 months ago instead of now.

If you must boo, save it for after the final whistle. I'd actually prefer you rant on here instead of booing at all.

Does justifiable mean that the person was right? Does it mean that they're merely human, with poor control over their anger and frustration?

I agree with your distinction. Booing in game is undoubtedly damaging team morale and hence performance. Booing in game actually makes us more likely to lose.

Booing after game, presumably when GJ is already frustrated doesn't help. It will just make him more likely to make bad decisions, cause disharmony in the dressing room etc.

It's not nearly as significant but, by booing at all, you are screwing all the players, the management, the chairman and all the fans, yourself included.

Secondly, the consensus seems to have settled on blaming GJ for not signing more left-sided players 4 months ago. In which case, people should've been acting like they knew better 4 months ago instead of now.

If you must boo, save it for after the final whistle. I'd actually prefer you rant on here instead of booing at all.

After the final whistle it is only right that GJ should know how the fans feel about the performance. He seems surprised to be getting criticism so clearly he can't see what's so bad and needs telling. That's not screwing anybody at all, it is necessary feedback. If he gets shirty about it and makes bad decisions as a result then frankly he should sort himself out.

And on the wide players, use the search function and you will see countless examples of people pointing out the lack of balance in squad, the need for more wide players and the surprise at not replacing McIndoe. Claiming people are just using hindsight is silly in this instance, there was plenty of foresight.

After the final whistle it is only right that GJ should know how the fans feel about the performance. He seems surprised to be getting criticism so clearly he can't see what's so bad and needs telling. That's not screwing anybody at all, it is necessary feedback. If he gets shirty about it and makes bad decisions as a result then frankly he should sort himself out.

He should sort himself out - if he is capable of doing so. The 'supporters' who project their frustration on to GJ should sort themselves out too.

Is it any surprise GJ is ill? Are you going to tell me this stress caused by abusive 'supporters' had nothing to do with it? It's quite possible that they've caused his absence and are somewhat responsible for any failures by the team for the next few weeks.

And on the wide players, use the search function

Feel free to link such a thread. I have no need myself. People will know if it's true of themselves or not.

He should sort himself out - if he is capable of doing so. The 'supporters' who project their frustration on to GJ should sort themselves out too.

Is it any surprise GJ is ill? Are you going to tell me this stress caused by abusive 'supporters' had nothing to do with it? It's quite possible that they've caused his absence and are somewhat responsible for any failures by the team for the next few weeks.

Feel free to link such a thread. I have no need myself. People will know if it's true of themselves or not.

And what about the stress related illnesses I've suffered from watching crap football!!!! In all seriousness, if GJ cannot take the level of abuse he is getting at Ashton Gate currently (and there is very little evidence he is getting seriously abused either) then he is in the wrong job. The fact that he takes all comments to heart and argues with fans does make some people wonder whether he can cope with the job.

Don't reply, I'll pop off to the chemists and take him round a packet of Lemsip as a peace offering!!!

Thats funniest post for a while it could all a few fans fault if we lose the next few games; :rofl2br::disapointed2se: did you go to the same school as GJ? damn fans why do they keep playing the team so narrow, :disapointed2se: and keep putting square pegs in round holes.

Booing (whether its right or wrong is not the issue) is a sympton of fans malcontent. Happy fans don't boo their own team or manager. Fans unhappy with whats on display will boo as its pretty much the only way to express what they think.

Managers and Johnson in particular should ask themselves why they are being booed and then either address the problems or just rise above it. What they should never do is whinge about it to the media. All that does is make the manager look as if a) he's doesn't get it and is not listening b) is struggling to handle the critism.

In Johnson's case its its a bit of both.

Holy dog poo MJ.. That one will have em rocking in the aisles. :dancing6:

'He's got a cold and a bit of a chest infection,' Millen told bcfc.co.uk.

I'm no Doctor, but its news to me that a bit of criticism can cause a chest infection.

Agreed. The stress goes with the territory of the job. If this was the case Moyes and Benetiz would have had H1N1 by now....

Booing (whether its right or wrong is not the issue) is a sympton of fans malcontent. Happy fans don't boo their own team or manager. Fans unhappy with whats on display will boo as its pretty much the only way to express what they think.

Managers and Johnson in particular should ask themselves why they are being booed and then either address the problems or just rise above it. What they should never do is whinge about it to the media. All that does is make the manager look as if a) he's doesn't get it and is not listening b) is struggling to handle the critism.

In Johnson's case its its a bit of both.

Im fairly sure he doesn't need to ask himself why fans are booing, I'm fairly sure he shares the same frustrations as "supporters" like you.

Why does he have to rise above it why cant he enter in to a dialogue with these people and give them some answers - that is surely what they are after and if he wasn't to say anything then people would consider him to be arrogant. You say with one argument that he doesn't listen to the fans then with another argument that he responds to the fans to much - are you being a tad mischievous?

He seems to have legitimate answers to all sensible questions which to me shows he has thought long and hard about the fans views and has had to dismiss them because of it causing weaknesses elsewhere in the team.

bottom line. our football is very boring and has been for some time. its an entertainment business, people are paying good money (in a recession) to be entertained and they are being severely short changed in terms of the entertainment on offer.

ive been saying it for the last couple of years, if GJ thinks our fans are over the top how would he cope at a club like west ham??? they'd eat him alive within months. especially if he took LJ with him!!!

when the team plays badly you get booed. its the same evrywhere. GJ needs to focus on making us score a few more goals and attacking the opposition a bit more at AG than anything else.

That really is laughable. Yes, I'm sure a few people shouting out their discontent after a game has made a professional football manager ill with a chest infection.

GJ has more than thick enough skin to cope with some justifiable discontent about the shite football his team is offering up.

Agree with GJ. If you're gonna turn to up watch the game then ffs the least you can do is show some backbone and support the team, regardless of the result or performance.

There are no excuses for abusive fans, its pretty low and doesnt really help out the situation.

So if your girlfriend or wife came home and had a poor day at work would you give her abuse for it and boo her becuase she lost an account?? No, so why do it to your football club?

GJ does not need the fans to tell him how to manage the team and people suggesting he should listen to them probably need to get out more.

If my wife came home EVERY day yes I would boo her. The football at the gate this season has been to put it midly, CRAP.

Im fairly sure he doesn't need to ask himself why fans are booing, I'm fairly sure he shares the same frustrations as "supporters" like you.

Why does he have to rise above it why cant he enter in to a dialogue with these people and give them some answers - that is surely what they are after and if he wasn't to say anything then people would consider him to be arrogant. You say with one argument that he doesn't listen to the fans then with another argument that he responds to the fans to much - are you being a tad mischievous?

He seems to have legitimate answers to all sensible questions which to me shows he has thought long and hard about the fans views and has had to dismiss them because of it causing weaknesses elsewhere in the team.

He might well 'share the the same frustrations as supporter like me' but the glaring difference is that Johnson is in a position to change and improve it. However the evidence is that he's not doing anything about it. We get the same drab and unexciting football almost every week. I'll use a quote from Eistein again - 'A problem cannot be solved with the same thinking that created it'. Sums up perfectly where we are with Johnson right now.

Johnson should not respond to fans critising him from the Williams stand - end of. Its unproffesional and degrading to see the manager exchanging 'heated views' with them. Its the type of behaviour you might expect from Mad Dog which just about says it all. Explain things via World or other media to get what your're trying to do across. And no I'm not being 'mischievous'.

I've yet to see any 'legimate answers to all sensible questions' from Johnson or Millen so far. Both blame the players for poor performances when many fans think its the tactics, formations and players out of position that is to blame. Neither of them even acknowledges that maybe, just maybe they've got it wrong. Thats frustrating for us fans because it means nothing is likely to change.

Johnson should not respond to fans critising him from the Williams stand - end of. Its unproffesional and degrading to see the manager exchanging 'heated views' with them. Its the type of behaviour you might expect from Mad Dog which just about says it all. Explain things via World or other media to get what your're trying to do across. And no I'm not being 'mischievous'.

There are a lot of threads and opinions on here about how well or not GJ has done and is doing, and how to improve the lack-luster performances of late.

I, like many others, have my own views, which tend to fall somewhere between the more extreme thoughts of some posters.

However I cannot agree more than with the above para from RR's post. I find utterly unbelievable that a highly paid CCC manager with a secure lucrative contract should resort to exchanging jibes with the fans and publicly criticising them for having a go at him. He is a professional football manager for heavens sake. It goes with the territory

He needs to apply his full concentration and efforts to improving our performances.

That and that alone is the only sure way to stop the comments which he appears to be unable to handle.

There are a lot of threads and opinions on here about how well or not GJ has done and is doing, and how to improve the lack-luster performances of late.

I, like many others, have my own views, which tend to fall somewhere between the more extreme thoughts of some posters.

However I cannot agree more than with the above para from RR's post. I find utterly unbelievable that a highly paid CCC manager with a secure lucrative contract should resort to exchanging jibes with the fans and publicly criticising them for having a go at him. He is a professional football manager for heavens sake. It goes with the territory

He needs to apply his full concentration and efforts to improving our performances.

That and that alone is the only sure way to stop the comments which he appears to be unable to handle.

Totally agree, he needs to 'grow a pair of b***ocks', perhaps they don't get that sort of stick in the Conference.

The majority on here were

Just to second what you have said. 'Smokey Live', please feel to trawl through the posts back in the summer and read the concerns of a lot of fans at our lack of width in the squad.

Just to second what you have said. 'Smokey Live', please feel to trawl through the posts back in the summer and read the concerns of a lot of fans at our lack of width in the squad.

Spot on. This is what irks the likes of Johnson, Millen and the rest of the anti-football Gestapo. People on this forum do have a vague idea of what is happening on a football pitch and DID voice legitimate concerns regarding lack of width months ago. They really did. And at the time they were shouted down as having no qualifications by the Management/anti-football Gestapo and that they didn't know what they were talking about. Now that even the Management and Blind Faithers can see the football is awful to watch (and must leave the players distraught at having to go out there and play it) all they can do in response is to try and peddle Prozone statistics to tell lies - such as the width is myth argument and the we got 357 crosses in against Ipswich comment (although not one of them was from the bye line and the Keeper/Ipswich Centre halves gobbled up all 357 of them!!).

People can see with their own eyes that without last ditch defending, poor finishing and Dean Gerken in inspired form we would have lost five or six home games this season. They can see, without needing Prozone or other technological aids, a team lacking width and balance. They can see without the need to use the stats on the BBC website that Nicky Maynard and whoever is partnering him do not get enough balls played in to them in the penalty area. They can see that we are a team that try and take the lead and then sit back.

I think that is what is upsetting Johnson - he is now realised that supporters are on to him in so much as he cannot now serve us up any old garbage, pass it as football and expect us to accept it. Too many people have passed their threshold point and anti-football damn well knows it.

'He's got a cold and a bit of a chest infection,' Millen told bcfc.co.uk.

I'm no Doctor, but its news to me that a bit of criticism can cause a chest infection.

He may be a football expert but, as he said, he's no medical expert. There are reams of evidence showing the links between stress and weakened immune systems. I'll post some later if you want.

Of course, the bad football is probably more stressful but there's no getting away from the fact that any booing is incompatible with being a City fan.

Anyway, hope all your Xmas are better than the football of late. Let's raise our glasses to a much improved 2010.

A couple of points.Firstly 4 months ago certainly in my case I had hoped that GJ knew what he was doing and knew something I didn't about how we would play and the results of his signings.Unfortunately I was wrong and so it would appear was GJ.

Secondly although I have not booed at the games I have attended this season , I cetainly think that to express your views at half time and full time if the perfromance is that bad is quite acceptable.How that is screwing up all the parties you list is beyond me. They are well paid professionals that charge us for the privelege of watching them play and we should have the right to express our views when served up with a particularly poor performance.It should not lead to tantrums from our Manager and you would hope might waken him from his slumbers and get something sorted out with the team and the problems of too few goals and a defence with as many leaks in the last 10 minutes as a tea bag.

Archived