IGNORED

Low Gate Tonight

potbelly

Before this weather, many predicted a low crowd due to unhappiness with current results, selections etc.

Will tonights weather prove to be a timely scapegoat?

I planned to go but the weather put me off and I had already bought my ticket. I wanted to go to see if Johnson has learnt anything and sent out the team to attack :shocking: .

No doubt the club will say the weather lowered the gate but we all know that many fans aren't prepared to pay to watch dull and unexciting football.

I'll watch on SC4 just in case City do actually play some football.

I planned to go but the weather put me off and I had already bought my ticket. I wanted to go to see if Johnson has learnt anything and sent out the team to attack :shocking: .

No doubt the club will say the weather lowered the gate but we all know that many fans aren't prepared to pay to watch dull and unexciting football.

I'll watch on SC4 just in case City do actually play some football.

Not looking too bad so far Robbo, lets see if we can keep it up!

Had crossed my mind to go, but the recent freeze killed that idea 100 miles in snow/ice/frost fog dont float my boat. and lookin at the live pictures aint changed my mind none. Fair play to those who went though. Bet they aint on here bitching if things dont go to plan eh? :whistle2:

looking at the attendances from the other fa cup matches last night, we had around the average.

If you look at last nights gates as a percentage of a normal Saturday's gate then we probably had one of the best turn outs!!

In fact, the best!

Brum - 9399 - 38% of avg gate

City - 7289 - 50% of avg gate

Derby - 7183 - 25% of avg gate

Coventry - 7097 - 41% of avg gate

QPR - 5780 - 43% of avg gate

In fact, the best!

I think Cardiff have to take some credit for keeping our gate number up. I don't know how many travelled in the end, however there were just 200 Pompey fans at Coventry as opposed to probably 900 Caridff at ours.

This does show how artificial the league attendance numbers are when non-attending season card holders are counted. Last night was purely clicks through the turnstiles I presume and the emptiness of the stadium was refelected in the attendance figure announced. Anyone else remember how empty the Gate was for that tie against Notts County a few years back?

• SC&T Board Members

I think Cardiff have to take some credit for keeping our gate number up. I don't know how many travelled in the end, however there were just 200 Pompey fans at Coventry as opposed to probably 900 Caridff at ours.

This does show how artificial the league attendance numbers are when non-attending season card holders are counted. Last night was purely clicks through the turnstiles I presume and the emptiness of the stadium was refelected in the attendance figure announced. Anyone else remember how empty the Gate was for that tie against Notts County a few years back?

Was last night's figure 'clicks through turnstiles' or 'tickets sold'? I think it may have been the latter, with many ticket holders not attending due to the weather.

In fact, the best!

Then massive credit goes to the Fans (both sets) who made the journey, mid week in dreadful and dangerous conditions, they are hardcore and we salute you!

Listening to radio 5, they mentioned that 20 mins before kick off only approx 500 were inside Pride Park whilst over at the Ricoh, the commentator stated if the crowd figure is true, that ground must hold 120,000 as the spectators were spread so thinly.

The weather would of platd its part in the size of the crowd. Having listened to some of the other FA cup games played prior to last night i think you will find that most if not all suffered with the same missing fan problem. It seems that many clubs failed to reduce their addmission prices and so the fans stayed away. Not just our problem but many others aswell. Don't forget City wanted prices reduced aware of peoples financial plight, but in the end had to go with prices set by the FA as Cardiff wanted Championship prices charged for the game. Be very interesting to see what Cardiff set prices at for the replay.

The weather would of platd its part in the size of the crowd. Having listened to some of the other FA cup games played prior to last night i think you will find that most if not all suffered with the same missing fan problem. It seems that many clubs failed to reduce their addmission prices and so the fans stayed away. Not just our problem but many others aswell. Don't forget City wanted prices reduced aware of peoples financial plight, but in the end had to go with prices set by the FA as Cardiff wanted Championship prices charged for the game. Be very interesting to see what Cardiff set prices at for the replay.

Replay prices are £20 adults, £15 concessions/students, £5 U16.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10335~1930633,00.html

Time was when a Season Ticket was just that; ALL home games for the season.

Youth games, reserves, league, League Cup & FA Cup. I understand clubs dropping cup games to increase their income, but when did the change occur please?

Archived