IGNORED

Match Thread

herman

if we win the replay we will be in the middle of a run of 6 games in 19 days.... lets home 4th round dont go to a replay as well (would make it 7 in 22)

home 2nite, home to preson sat (16), replay next tues (19), 4th round that sat (23), cardiff (26), boro (30) poss replay boro (2nd) :D

We were rubbish, again, and Gerken is spilling and flapping too much, not the first time, and has got away with it too many times. No wonder we are looking for a keeper. Midfield is still poor, creating nothing.

He made 1 mistake that i can remember and pulled of a few good saves! I thought both keepers did well in those conditions.

Good: Scoring AGAINST someone in the last minute

Bad: Crap performance as per usual

Ugly: Deanos clearance. As with Barnsley though it didn't eventually come to result in a defeat.

Throwing Akinde on also gave us presence up front. Where was Clarkson? Largely absent during his spell on the pitch.

I was only aware he played when he was subbed.

Call me an old romantic by I loved the game, proper workmanlike performance in the snow.

Both teams deserve a lot of credit for playing as much football as they did. We only really started lumping it to grab an equaliser.

Now all they need to do is bring back mud pitches and my enthusiam for the game will return.

I'm sure I can, I was just thinking " that if that was us 1 nil up, we'd be pinned back with Cardiff all over us", when we scored, so I can fully understand th shock. :)

Well I was sure after our equaliser that Cardiff would go on and win the game, yes that late! :o

Don't think we were that bad. Conditions were against us, really missed Sno and it was Gerken's turn to gift the opposition a goal.

Was inevitably going to degenerate into long ball in 2nd half. Akinde caused some problems. Orr looked good going forward, even dribbled past Chopra once. Apart from distribution, defence looking more in control. Fontaine's cross was the best we've seen from the left we've seen in a while.

Had some decent chances first half. I wouldn't say things are looking up but we've maybe stopped the rot.

Archived