IGNORED

What A Shambles

Robbored

Yet another dreary performance from City again tonight. No momentum, no impetus, no drive no excitement and a lucky draw against a young Cardiff outfit with loads of senior players missing.

Its boring to watch. Long balls up the middle again and again, no quality service to Maynard, simply no idea.

Why can't Johnson see what dross his team is being forced by him to play? You would think that with all the critism from the fans, media and the falling attendences that he would realise that he has to produce better, more entertaining football?

Ignore the conditions. It was the same for both teams just as the City performance was the same as we've seen for the past 18 months.

Yet another dreary performance from City again tonight. No momentum, no impetus, no drive no excitement and a lucky draw against a young Cardiff outfit with loads of senior players missing.

Its boring to watch. Long balls up the middle again and again, no quality service to Maynard, simply no idea.

Why can't Johnson see what dross his team is being forced by him to play? You would think that with all the critism from the fans, media and the falling attendences that he would realise that he has to produce better, more entertaining football?

Ignore the conditions. It was the same for both teams just as the City performance was the same as we've seen for the past 18 months.

bore off. its just so pathetic now, TWO TEAMS ARE INVOLVED IN FOOTBALL MATCHES ROBERT. it just so happens that we're not always in possession of the ball... shokcing that eh?

I didn't see the same game as you. I saw a game played in appalling conditions where sometimes we passed the ball around moderately well. Cardiff are a supposed highly-rated team and they weren't better than us. Some of the movement was missing but some was very good, Carey hit the post with one, should have scored with another, Akinde might have scored and the equaliser was very well worked. I'm gonna get called naive now but I really didn't see the game you just described.

Hard to disagree with any of that to be honest, with the exception of the first fifteen minutes or so.

That said, its hard to tell just how much conditions like that play a part in the game unless you've been there yourself.

Yawn :bored:

I didn't see the same game as you. I saw a game played in appalling conditions where sometimes we passed the ball around moderately well. Cardiff are a supposed highly-rated team and they weren't better than us. Some of the movement was missing but some was very good, Carey hit the post with one, should have scored with another, Akinde might have scored and the equaliser was very well worked. I'm gonna get called naive now but I really didn't see the game you just described.

How many saves did their keeper make? How often did City look like scoring? Ok Carey hit the post but apart from that it was turgid stuff. City get hardly any mumbers in the box 3 at most for long hopefull balls up the middle that rarely pay off. How many time have we seen that dinked free-kick from central positions? Other teams have seen it to and know whats coming.Its all so predictable.

It no surprise that City have one win in 11 matches.Other teams know what coming.There is no variation.

We were by far the better team in the first half and played some nice, passing football as recognised by the FA commentators

We have been improving of late, not on a game by game basis but steadily performances have begun to pick up, and if we'd have played the second ahlf like we did the first i think we would have turned baadiff over quite comfortably today.

This performance is the latest in a chain of performances that we can build on and the late goal will have been a boost to the whole team, it did however also highlight the need for fresh blood in the team, but that is nothing new.

Vast improvement on what we've seen in recent weeks especially considering weather conditions. I won't bother arguing with rob or ian or what ever your name is, I swear you have only posted just to get a rise out of people. Hey carry on you might get your wish of Johnson sacking and relegation. If you can't see improvements your judgement is clearly clouded by your negative attitude

How many saves did their keeper make? How often did City look like scoring? Ok Carey hit the post but apart from that it was turgid stuff. City get hardly any mumbers in the box 3 at most for long hopefull balls up the middle that rarely pay off. How many time have we seen that dinked free-kick from central positions? Other teams have seen it to and know whats coming.Its all so predictable.

It no surprise that City have one win in 11 matches.Other teams know what coming.There is no variation.

There was a decent proportion of football played on the deck tonight. The service to the frontmen was lacking as was the numbers in the box. However, we rarely looked threatened against a very strong frontline besides 2 individual monumental ****-ups and looked comfortable in possession. You make it seem as though we've just got a smash and grab result against Boston United.

and how many actual saves did Gerken make.

it's you that is predictable, at least be balanced.

We were in very poor conditions out there, how are you supposed to play an attractive passing game on that pitch? We were no worse than Cardiff who are near the top of the table and played on the same pitch.

Fact is City don't play attractive football regardles of the conditions. When was the last time any of us left AG with a feeling that we had been entertained?

And... don't overlook the fact that Cardiff had a boys team out tonight. Lots of their regular first teamers are missing through injury.

Yet another dreary post from Robbored again tonight. No thought, no positives, no excitement and a record journey home in the snow to Nailsea with loads of fairweather supporters missing from the roads.

Its boring to read. cut and paste form the last post over again, no service to fellow supporters who reply on good quality post match banter, simply no idea.

Why can't Robbored see what dross his posts are being produced by him to read? You would think that with all the criticism from the fans, manager and the falling otib readership that he would realise that he has to produce better, more entertaining post match comment?

Ignore the conditions. It's the same for all posters just a keyboard, PC and monitor as Robbored's post match performance was the same as we've seen since Tinman left.

Personally I thought I draw was a fair result, neither side created much in what were difficult conditions. Roll on some better weather, a left winger to complement Haynes on the right and rejoice in the fact this time it was City that scored an injury time equaliser.

Nice body check by Johnson too!

All true but how many times did Cardiff (still many people's tip for promotion) look like scoring. We could have, SHOULD have been two up in eight minutes, Carey nodded one straight at the goalie after hitting the post, Akinde might have scored, they didn't do much, Chopra took the goal beautifully but in normal circumstances would not have had the chance. How many times did City look like scoring? I'd say about 5.

I'm not saying it was fantastic, I just didn't see it as an excuse to slit my wrists, your original post seemed very angry and despairing, I saw it as a far from pretty result ground out against decent opposition who we would have beaten if Deano hadn't had a mild brainstorm and tried to pass the ball out of play.

All about opinions, you got angry, I got hopeful, not saying I'm right or that you're wrong, just that I saw it differently to you that's all.

Thought we passed and moved quite well in the 1st half. I would of started Saborio, was clear as the pitch got worse we would need to hit it long, Clarkson didnt even get a look in.

I still have no idea what our stongest starting 11 is, which formation they would start in and even what our playing style could be called. Its not a disaster at the moment but there is clearly something not quite right with either the balance of the squad, tactics or both. We really need to move a couple on and bring a couple in this transfer window or some more serious work on the team in the summer.

I would like to say the conditions restricted both teams. However, tonight was pretty much the same city we have been watching for the last couple of months.

In fairness both teams were pretty poor, but the main difference was the fact that Cardiff players actually moved for the ball!

We can blame the conditions all day long, but that doesn't excuse City looking almost uninterested at times.

Like other posters, im not saying im right and they are wrong... But I think people must have seen a different game to me. Good football on the deck? Personally all I saw were hopeful high balls up to Cardiffs two centre halves who comfortably dealt with them..

Its no surprise that we try to play this way when any attempt to play good football results in us getting stuck in a corner and cheaply giving the ball away.

The only real positive for me was Williams's goal. Very well taken, and hopefully it will give us a much needed confidence boost.

Yet another dreary post from Robbored again tonight. No thought, no positives, no excitement and a record journey home in the snow to Nailsea with loads of fairweather supporters missing from the roads.

Its boring to read. cut and paste form the last post over again, no service to fellow supporters who reply on good quality post match banter, simply no idea.

Why can't Robbored see what dross his posts are being produced by him to read? You would think that with all the criticism from the fans, manager and the falling otib readership that he would realise that he has to produce better, more entertaining post match comment?

Ignore the conditions. It's the same for all posters just a keyboard, PC and monitor as Robbored's post match performance was the same as we've seen since Tinman left.

Top post! Very amusing.

The difference is that when City improve the entertainment levels by creating chances and playing with purpose then I'll happily come on here and be very positive. Untill then its more of the same -but you don't have to read it.

You really have reached new levels of cluelessness recently....

BOTH side tried to play tonight and tried to knock it around. It would have been forgivable to go long tonight - lots of mistakes.... just get it out would have been the best way to play.

But I could see very clearly that we were trying to play.....

Maybe if it was a danny wilson side - you would have taken into account the conditions - but cos its gary johnson its "ignore the conditions"

muppet

The conditions are irrelevant, it's the same for both teams. What's really driving me nuts is Johnson's over-cautious approach to team selection. It's the FA Cup-we are at home, surely we have to go for it with a more attack-minded team. Instead what we get is what I like to think of as the 3/7 line-up(his preferred option throughout the season), a solid enough team but with only three out-and-out attack-minded players, Maynard, Clarkson,and Haynes.And yet, bizarrely, on the bench we have Williams, Akinde, Saborio, Sproule, and Sno. Surely at least one of those could have started to beef up our attacking options against a weakened Cardiff outfit. Anyway, not to worry,for the replay we can bench one of our attacking options, bring in another defensive midfielder or defender and try to bore them into submission.

Apologies to Keith and Gary if this sounds a little harsh but it's what I've been feeling about our approach for quite some time now.

Like other posters, im not saying im right and they are wrong... But I think people must have seen a different game to me. Good football on the deck? Personally all I saw were hopeful high balls up to Cardiffs two centre halves who comfortably dealt with them..

Its no surprise that we try to play this way when any attempt to play good football results in us getting stuck in a corner and cheaply giving the ball away.

The only real positive for me was Williams's goal. Very well taken, and hopefully it will give us a much needed confidence boost.

It's interesting how we all filter things differently and come away with differing opinions. I was watching on S4C with English Sub titles and 5 or 6 times during a commentary that was (understandably) biased in favour of Cardiff, the commentator made nice remarks about City's quick passing and interplay. Funny, a spectator from the opponents thinks we passed pretty well (at least for some of the time) and all our fans see is long ball. FWIW, I think the long ball over the top to Maynard and Haynes, making defenders turn on a slippery surface was worth trying. On a nice dry pitch I agree with you and many times we have seen it used inapprpriately but tonight, in thos conditions, I thought it was a valid tactic. Mind you, I am no expert, I'm not a coach and was not even much of a player, but I thought we passed well sometimes and the long ball was not the only thing we did.

And... don't overlook the fact that Cardiff had a boys team out tonight. Lots of their regular first teamers are missing through injury.

Sorry that is a massive exaggeration. I don't know much about Hudson, Wildig or Matthews but otherwise that was a pretty regular side they had out there.

Draw was fair in horrible conditions, and we tried to pass it around quite well but kept getting stuck in the snow.

Archived