IGNORED

What A Shambles

Robbored

We were appalling. No movement, no attacking threat. Playing it around in our own half until we're closed down and forced to lump it does not make us a footballing side. Cardiff had more time on the ball, looked comfortable despite the conditions and to be honest I'm glad we didn't play them on a half decent pitch because I think they'd have torn us apart. Again.

Players lack direction, just simply don't know what they're supposed to do. Management.

While it may have been slightly better we did create the better chances, It's a case of leaving Ashton Gate again and feeling like I haven't been entertained. If a movie director made a couple of bad films people would stop going and on this showing I can't see us adding many to saturday's crowd.

Sorry that is a massive exaggeration. I don't know much about Hudson, Wildig or Matthews but otherwise that was a pretty regular side they had out there.

Draw was fair in horrible conditions, and we tried to pass it around quite well but kept getting stuck in the snow.

Hudson and Matthews have played in most of their games. It was a 90% full strength side but Robbored overlooked that.

Like other posters, im not saying im right and they are wrong... But I think people must have seen a different game to me. Good football on the deck? Personally all I saw were hopeful high balls up to Cardiffs two centre halves who comfortably dealt with them..

Its no surprise that we try to play this way when any attempt to play good football results in us getting stuck in a corner and cheaply giving the ball away.

The only real positive for me was Williams's goal. Very well taken, and hopefully it will give us a much needed confidence boost.

Watching from the warmth of an early morning in Singapore thought there was plenty of attempts to play the ball to feet into the front men and only towards the end did we resort to a more up and under approach. Hartley seemed to struggle and Elliot looked weary with Skuse the more dynamic midfielder. Cardiff rarely threatened and it was a complete howler from gerken to gift them a goal. Good that we scored late and a good strike from Williams, though he did little else.

Not a great performance but conditions clearly not ideal and Cardiff no pushover. All to play for next week- thought Akinde may have pushed himself ahead of Saborio, while clarkson had little impact on the game.

You really have reached new levels of cluelessness recently....

BOTH side tried to play tonight and tried to knock it around. It would have been forgivable to go long tonight - lots of mistakes.... just get it out would have been the best way to play.

But I could see very clearly that we were trying to play.....

Maybe if it was a danny wilson side - you would have taken into account the conditions - but cos its gary johnson its "ignore the conditions"

muppet

What many seem to be missing is that what we saw tonight was exactly the same style as we've seeing for the past 18 months. Blame the conditions all you like but essentially nothing has changed.

Still no width for example. Yes City certainly have been 'trying to play' but the formation/tactics don't lend themselves to good football. Thats my point.

Snow was forcast well in advance and its not rocket science to work out that the ball won't travel well along the ground so maybe the conditions suggested a long ball game. Why not start with Saborio or Akinde and pump long balls up to them? It would have been different and maybe caught Cardiff off guard.

But no - Johnson stuck with the same 'everyone knows whats coming' style that he's used for the last 18 months.

Yet another dreary performance from City again tonight. No momentum, no impetus, no drive no excitement and a lucky draw against a young Cardiff outfit with loads of senior players missing.

Having just trudged home I have to say that's nonsense, apart from Wildig all of Cardiff's starting line up are regulars and a draw was a fair and deserved result, had Carey's early header gone in we might have got the impetus to play freer, but we were still good value for a draw.

Snow was forcast well in advance and its not rocket science to work out that the ball won't travel well along the ground so maybe the conditions suggested a long ball game. Why not start with Saborio or Akinde and pump long balls up to them? It would have been different and maybe caught Cardiff off guard.

But no - Johnosn stuck with the same 'everyone knows whats coming' style that he's used for the last 8 months.

This is not meant as a personal attack, but HONESTLY, if Johnson had emplyoed long ball tactics for tonights match, and the result was exactly the same as tonight, would u be saying "well done GJ for trying something different"

or "Typical Johnson playing the long ball game no invention no syle no entertainment" (or words to that effect)

HONESTLY remember.

What many seem to be missing is that what we saw tonight was exactly the same style as we've seeing for the past 18 months. Blame the conditions all you like but essentially nothing has changed.

Still no width for example. Yes City certainly have been 'trying to play' but the formation/tactics don't lend themselves to good football. Thats my point.

But no - Johnson stuck with the same 'everyone knows whats coming' style that he's used for the last 18 months.

What, like:

Long balls up the middle....

As you mentioned in your first post?

But no - Johnson stuck with the same 'everyone knows whats coming' style that he's used for the last 8 months.

light snow was forecast and it had already snowed. How would johnson know that conditions would get worse? and can you imagine if he started with saborio/Akinde, the the backlash from the likes of you and mr gow etc?

Also I saw danny haynes flying down the wing countless times..

Robbored, I am GENUINELY not having a go or trying to take the ****, but seriously WHY do you go to watch City, it seems to bring you no pleasure whatsoever. Being a footbal fan, even in the Championship, is not a cheap hobby. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I read a comment of yours that sounded like you might have enjoyed yourself so WHY PUT YOURSELF THROUGH IT? It's a serious question, I stopped reading this forum for about three months because I could not bear the ranting, so why do you persist with something that clearly makes you so unhappy that you cannot see any merit at all. Why bother?

How many saves did their keeper make? How often did City look like scoring? Ok Carey hit the post but apart from that it was turgid stuff. City get hardly any mumbers in the box 3 at most for long hopefull balls up the middle that rarely pay off. How many time have we seen that dinked free-kick from central positions? Other teams have seen it to and know whats coming.Its all so predictable.

It no surprise that City have one win in 11 matches.Other teams know what coming.There is no variation.

You really are a ******, ban me mods, but this man (closet gas) really needs to be banned for his and the supporters club hidden agenda to get the management of our club sacked.

The conditions tonight were probably one of the worst i have seen in the 40 years i have been going to the gate, and you want us to play free flowing attacking football, have you ever played the game ? i think not.

You have been waiting about four years for our form to dip, so you can start on your conference manager shite again.

I will be in bs3 on saturday if you want to talk about this, but i expect you will be in your drinking mens club and no where near the common supporter come saturday.

Goodbye until this idiot is no longer on the forum.

Robbored, I am GENUINELY not having a go or trying to take the ****, but seriously WHY do you go to watch City, it seems to bring you no pleasure whatsoever. Being a footbal fan, even in the Championship, is not a cheap hobby. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I read a comment of yours that sounded like you might have enjoyed yourself so WHY PUT YOURSELF THROUGH IT? It's a serious question, I stopped reading this forum for about three months because I could not bear the ranting, so why do you persist with something that clearly makes you so unhappy that you cannot see any merit at all. Why bother?

Cos its Bristol City innit... If there was nothing to moan about, supporting this club would seem kinda un-natural! :rofl2br:

We love a good old moan here in gert Brizzle

So come on RR, you can't have it both ways was it

a) too many long balls

or

b) not enough long balls

As usual you write the first thing that comes into your head and then completely contradict yourself.

I think you have well and truly been found out tonight.

Pathetic.

tying himself in knots again... cant see past his hatred for johnson.

You really are a W'anchor, ban me mods, but this man (closet gas) really needs to be banned for his and the supporters club hidden agenda to get the management of our club sacked.

The conditions tonight were probably one of the worst i have seen in the 40 years i have been going to the gate, and you want us to play free flowing attacking football, have you ever played the game ? i think not.

You have been waiting about four years for our form to dip, so you can start on your conference manager shite again.

I will be in bs3 on saturday if you want to talk about this, but i expect you will be in your drinking mens club and no where near the common supporter come saturday.

Thats not fair mate hes a right to say what he thinks, nice ultimatum though ;) haha

This is not meant as a personal attack, but HONESTLY, if Johnson had emplyoed long ball tactics for tonights match, and the result was exactly the same as tonight, would u be saying "well done GJ for trying something different"

or "Typical Johnson playing the long ball game no invention no syle no entertainment" (or words to that effect)

HONESTLY remember.

I'd imagine there would have been a very strong chorus of boos around the ground had we not snatched that late and completely undeserved equaliser!

I don't think I've watched a more depressing and negative game of football in my life. It's now become blindingly obvious now that the primary concern is the final ball into the box which was atrocious throughout the match. I haven't seen a keeper to be so poor at commanding the area for his size as Gerken because he got beaten to the majority of the crosses tonight. I believe that Lansdown is now at the point where he does not want to back Johnson financially because he is simply not capable of spending the money wisely. The only positive that I could think of was that Gary subbed David Clarkson early on who was absolutely anonymous and looked totally disinterested.

So come on RR, you can't have it both ways was it

a) too many long balls

or

b) not enough long balls

As usual you write the first thing that comes into your head and then completely contradict yourself.

I think you have well and truly been found out tonight.

Pathetic hypocrite.

If you plan to play a long ball game then play the players that can adapt to that style. Akinde and Saborio are both good headers of the ball so it would make sense to play both or least one of them if that is your game plan.

Playing long balls to Maynard/Haynes is not so sensible when neither of them is strong in the air and yet thats what City do - again and again.

Nothing hypocrotical about adapting to the conditions.

If you plan to play a long ball game then play the players that can adapt to that style. Akinde and Saborio are both good headers of the ball so it would make sense to play both or least one of them if that is your game plan.

Playing long balls to Maynard/Haynes is not so sensible when neither of them is strong in the air and yet thats what City do - again and again.

WE DID NOT PLAY LONG BALL! :grr: +

last ten minutes maybe.... we were chasing a goal ffs!

You really are a ******, ban me mods, but this man (closet gas) really needs to be banned for his and the supporters club hidden agenda to get the management of our club sacked.

You say...what most of us think on here....but can't say cos we would get banned. Robored is what he is, he's harmless enough. It's best just not too reply to his baiting. I am not sure he really believes what he posts on here himself really - and don;t forget GJ made hom look rather foolish by getting us promoted after his conference manager jibe...so you can understand it in a way! Some people just need to feel...noticed...important.....even if it's for the wrong reasons! Bless him!

i'm sorry, but I did'nt see too many long balls during the game, except the occasional hoof by our inept full backs once Akinde and Saborio were on the pitch.

But you seem to have seen long balls from the start.

There is something hypocritical about your above statement when you earlier claimed we tried to play good football... Which we did.

Fact is City don't play attractive football regardles of the conditions. When was the last time any of us left AG with a feeling that we had been entertained?

And... don't overlook the fact that Cardiff had a boys team out tonight. Lots of their regular first teamers are missing through injury.

i know where your coming from robbored and i agree with alot of what you say. i think maybe your being a tad harsh tonight though. i thought that the conditions werent helpful and it was a bit of game of two halfs, with us the better in the first and them in the second. although in the second half we lumped it far too much and were poor.

personally i was seething with our defending after we equalised. two lapses again in attempt to throw it away. fontaine doing a dying swan act in giving away a free kick and then a flick on from one of our defenders to send chopra on his way - thankfully he shot wide. when will we ever learn.

having said that i think wev'e got no chance in the replay and im not sure how much that equaliser will help our season in the long run.

i'm sorry, but I did'nt see too many long balls during the game, except the occasional hoof by our inept full backs once Akinde and Saborio were on the pitch.

But you seem to have seen long balls from the start.

Are you deliberately missing the point?

Read the posts again if you don't get it.

tying himself in knots again... cant see past his hatred for johnson.

Yeh, I think old Robbored is 'having one' tonight!

Personally, I watched the game on the tellybox tonight and I have to say, although not full of attacking verve and flair, City knocked the ball around pretty well, and certainly played more 'football' than Cardiff did. Anyone on here who has suggested that Cardiff played the better football has not watched the same game and is in my opinion somewhat blinkered. Cardiff played virtually no 'ball to feet' football, looking mostly for the channels and threading balls down the wings or inside the full backs. Their style was more direct(not in the long ball sense, but in getting it forward quickly). City played the majority of the football, looking to feed the strikers to feet (honestly, this happened multiple times), or looking to get Haynes wide (honestly, this also happened numerous times, albeit without a great deal of success, but you can't deny that it happened). Only toward the end of the game did we start looking a bit longer, which was perfectly understandable.

I had a bit of a funny feeling tonight actually. Managed to locate an unknown channel showing the match, which was the equivalent of Sky Sports 3 in Italian. It got me thinking how the game would have been perceived by those watching in Italy. I found myself thinking that our slow and methodical build up play would have been familiar to the watching Italians, witnessing a team willing to pass the ball in and around midfield and the back, looking to probe into the strikers and ultimately draw men inside to feed the wide players. I honestly thought that the Italians would be impressed by our ability to keep possession.

So, all this nonsense spouted by the usual suspects about no width, long balls, no entertainment, no ideas, no clue etc etc is garbage. Perhaps the season so far has blinkered their judgement, but I truly saw a different game to that on the tele tonight.

• Admin

Yet another dreary performance from City again tonight. No momentum, no impetus, no drive no excitement and a lucky draw against a young Cardiff outfit with loads of senior players missing.

Its boring to watch. Long balls up the middle again and again, no quality service to Maynard, simply no idea.

Why can't Johnson see what dross his team is being forced by him to play? You would think that with all the critism from the fans, media and the falling attendences that he would realise that he has to produce better, more entertaining football?

Ignore the conditions. It was the same for both teams just as the City performance was the same as we've seen for the past 18 months.

Yes the conditions were the same for both teams and that would be a valid argument if Cardiff has played better than us. Especially as they are a better side than us. They didn't so it just smacks of your post being unreasonable and lacking in balance.

This should come as no surprise to anyone given your self-confessed dislike of our manager.

Archived