IGNORED

This Forum

Lack of Action Man

I think you give me regular abuse because you simply don't agree with what I'm saying. I see that as you not being able to react in any other way. In turn that suggests to me that you have an inflexible opinion about all BCFC and GJ in particular.

That, in turn makes it very hard for you to see what point that I (or some other posters) am actually trying to make. An example - you didn't appreciate the point I was making in my post after Tuesday night about long balls being an acceptable tactic in poor conditions and that trying to play decent football on a worsening snow covered pitch was probably not that good an idea.

I think those points are perfectly reasonable but you launched into me with gutso. I wasn't surprised because you do it almost every time I post.

Now if I'm wrong about any of the above then simply explain your take but without the jibes or abuse.

Another way of looking at it is that everyone understands and sees your point but very few people agree with it. Your posts and the posts that you contribute to are usually at the top of the forum because you get a lot of people replying in argument to your statements whereas posts that are far more positive, that most people agree with soon disappear because no one has a rebuttal to what they are saying. Its quite clear to me that the posts at the top of the forum are usually the posts that most people disagree with and have some kind of emotive/controversial stance in them.

Some people (myself included) get so frustrated by your constant negative spin and repetitive argument about the GJ that they just cant be bothered to have the same disagreement with you over and over again. This I think is usually when a thread descends into personal abuse.

Another way of looking at it is that everyone understands and sees your point but very few people agree with it. Your posts and the posts that you contribute to are usually at the top of the forum because you get a lot of people replying in argument to your statements whereas posts that are far more positive, that most people agree with soon disappear because no one has a rebuttal to what they are saying. Its quite clear to me that the posts at the top of the forum are usually the posts that most people disagree with and have some kind of emotive/controversial stance in them.

Some people (myself included) get so frustrated by your constant negative spin and repetitive argument about the GJ that they just cant be bothered to have the same disagreement with you over and over again. This I think is usually when a thread descends into personal abuse.

Exactly.

Yes pezo 100% correct.

Steady on Robbo, you'll have me blushing! (And Riaz, Pezo and BCFC Dan, for that matter).

Seriously, thanks for the (mostly) positive feedback and the point is taken about length - I readily admit that brevity has never been my strong suit. I would only say in my defence that it's not always possible to do justice to a complex issue in a few short sentences. I admire the ability of some people to be succinct and wish I could master it, but on the other hand the fact that they don't always take the time to explain their position fully may be what subsequently leads to misunderstandings and the very quarrels we've been talking about here.

As for expecting too much, again, point taken. I was born into a poor, working class Bedminster family where verbal eloquence was not exactly to the fore, but was lucky enough to grow up in an era when the state provided the funding for further and higher education. You are quite right to point out that not everyone has been so fortunate. I still think, though, that whilst "allowances have to be made", as you put it, with regard to the ability to express one's self, being deprived of a decent education does not excuse abusiveness.

I rest my case. Hope that was short enough and that nobody nodded off half way through.

You what? smile.gif

<br />They are attacking me but I don't find it strange. I've become the forum scapegoat today in particular simply because I say it as I see it and unfortunately for some that means pointing the finger at our current manager and they can't handle it.<br /><br />Almost everyone agrees that the football we've been subjected to has been about exciting as watching the snow thaw but when I post such remarks I get slaughtered by the usual suspects and it is the same forum users every time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And to think i thought i was the only one to enjoy snow thawing!

okay

tuesday after the game, you posted this:

You clearly state - we played long ball. you also say ignore the conditions (dont know why)

You later in the thread state that we should play long ball because of the conditions. also state that above

You cant have it both ways

I suggested that if long balls were to be used then the team should have players (Akinde and Saborio) starting. Both are good in the air and Akinde in particular is a strong and powerfull.

I critised the way City played long balls on Tuesday because such a style is ineffective with Maynard and Haynes. In other words the right tactic but wrong players.

Anyway that was just an example. What do think about my other comments in #27?

I suggested that if long balls were to be used then the team should have players (Akinde and Saborio) starting. Both are good in the air and Akinde in particular is a strong and powerfull.

I critised the way City played long balls on Tuesday because such a style is ineffective with Maynard and Haynes. In other words the right tactic but wrong players.

Anyway that was just an example. What do think about my other comments in #27?

I maintain that we did not play long ball until we went a goal down... and Saborio & Akinde did come on towards the end.

which part of post 27?

I started to reply to robboreds posts a week or 2 ago, if they were subjective, and coming from an honest stand point I think people would be quite happy to accept that people have a different view to them, but in Robboreds case they just seem to be moaning for the sake of it. I dont know if the post yesterday is an explanation of it or not, but it seems that regardless of what we do Robbored is still trying to get digs in at the manager of the club, his son, or whoever else is on the hitlist and has done so for years. I think our results over the GJ era have given him the right to "consolidate" in the next league up for a while, but I also think that whilst he is a good pro, and a good part of the squad and has done well for us, we have stronger players than LJ in centre midfield so I am not upset to see that he is likely to move on. Hopefully this is a reasonable opinion that people may or may not agree with, but the constant moaning when things have progressed hugely for the club is unwarranted unless there are other personal reasons.

It must be me then because I don't see my posts as 'negative spin'. The word 'spin' suggests that my posts are contrived and deliberately not accurate and I would have to disagree with that. I write it as I see it.

When I leave AG after a match which has lacked spark, tempo and any excitement then I express it on here. After the Watford game which was better in terms of entertainment and attacking play I posted that to on here. The first 45 against QPR at AG was fantastic I posted that as well. To me thats what this forum is about - opinions.

Tomorrow I will no doubt come on here post match and give my opinion. If its a cracking game thats full of decent play then my post will be positive but if lacks entertainment and is predictable and dreary then I'll post just that.

I don't think that asking to be entertained by some decent exciting football is unreasonable. Can you honestly say that you would disagree with that?

I maintain that we did not play long ball until we went a goal down... and Saborio & Akinde did come on towards the end.

which part of post 27?

" I think you give me regular abuse because you simply don't agree with what I'm saying. I see that as you not being able to react in any other way. In turn that suggests to me that you have an inflexible opinion about all BCFC and GJ in particular.

That, in turn makes it very hard for you to see what point that I (or some other posters) am actually trying to make."

" I think you give me regular abuse because you simply don't agree with what I'm saying. I see that as you not being able to react in any other way. In turn that suggests to me that you have an inflexible opinion about all BCFC and GJ in particular.

That, in turn makes it very hard for you to see what point that I (or some other posters) am actually trying to make."

If you've ever wondered what happens when the irresistable force meets the immovable object, just follow the Robbored v Riaz posts.

It must be me then because I don't see my posts as 'negative spin'. The word 'spin' suggests that my posts are contrived and deliberately not accurate and I would have to disagree with that. I write it as I see it.

When I leave AG after a match which has lacked spark, tempo and any excitement then I express it on here. After the Watford game which was better in terms of entertainment and attacking play I posted that to on here. The first 45 against QPR at AG was fantastic I posted that as well. To me thats what this forum is about - opinions.

Tomorrow I will no doubt come on here post match and give my opinion. If its a cracking game thats full of decent play then my post will be positive but if lacks entertainment and is predictable and dreary then I'll post just that.

I don't think that asking to be entertained by some decent exciting football is unreasonable. Can you honestly say that you would disagree with that?

RR - from someone who reads every day (but rarely writes) I'd say that your posts often appear controversial because you come across as such a slippery character (no offence intended).

Take the above post for example. You take the 'negative spin' comment, make your own definition of 'spin' and then refute that that's what you do. Followed up by the seemingly down-to-earth "I write it as I see it." It's a classic technique, you can watch myriad politicians do the same. Likewise with the leading question at the end - it's designed to get people to agree with you even though they disagree with what you've written before.

I find it interesting following your debates in the same way I enjoy watching politicians squirm under good questioning. But with them, like you, I often end up thinking 'I don't care if they're wrong, I just wish they'd admit it once in a while.'

I am a Bristol City fan and a gary johnson while he's manager ........until he starts doing badly (badly for a club of our side would be relegation battle)

I've actively supported city since the osman days.... and we've had alot worse football to watch - i'm sure you'll agree.

I agree with your points mostly - but you seem to be relentless in your criticism and very harsh (tuesday being an example) and my instincts told me you hated GJ for some reason (now we know why)

I agree the football has got boring recently. Although in recent games we've played relatively well -against watford we played some good stuff

I agree Danny Wilson was a good manager and played decent stuff (although versus very poor sides)

I agree we are in need of a winger - It frustrates me that we dont use the WHOLE pitch to our advantage.

but all these things dont bother me that much.....

But what gets my goat the most is that you seem like you want him out - when at the end of the day he has'nt failed.

we've hardly dropped down to the bottom half since we got promoted - which is a brilliant acheivement - maybe you are taking it for granted our top half finishes???

This season has'nt gone to plan - but we are still 12th...

even if this season fizzles out we've got some young players who will be only getting better and better....

Gerken (young at 24 for a keeper)

Henderson 21

Ribiero 20

Wilson 20

Fontaine 24

Nyatanga 21

Skuse 23

Elliott 25

Haynes 21

Maynard 23

Akinde 20

Clarkson 24

Artus 21

Most of these players are good enough for this level now - but in the next few years these players will come of age and improve - and if we've got the majority of them, they should take us up. Maybe not this season, but in the next few years....

Now being in the prem, maybe not a big thing for you, because afterall you have seen them in division one. But for me it would be huge - even if we were to go straight back down...

You might not have faith in gary johnson, but I do. Our worse finish is 10th under him - the season after a play-off final - reasonable finish I feel

It might not be great at the moment - but looking at the bigger picture, I think things are looking good for us reds...

Take the above post for example. You take the 'negative spin' comment, make your own definition of 'spin' and then refute that that's what you do. Followed up by the seemingly down-to-earth "I write it as I see it." It's a classic technique, you can watch myriad politicians do the same. Likewise with the leading question at the end - it's designed to get people to agree with you even though they disagree with what you've written before.

Its not my own defination of 'negative spin' at all. How else would you define 'negative spin'?

Spin and spin doctors are common place in todays vocabulary and (to me at least) it means contrived and doctored to fool people.

I imagine it stems from cricket - a spin bowler using guile, trajectory, change of pace and of course spin to decieve the batter.

I agree with your points mostly - but you seem to be relentless in your criticism and very harsh (tuesday being an example) and my instincts told me you hated GJ for some reason (now we know why)

You might not have faith in gary johnson, but I do. Our worse finish is 10th under him - the season after a play-off final - reasonable finish I feel

It might not be great at the moment - but looking at the bigger picture, I think things are looking good for us reds...

Its seems then that we are not poles apart in the way we see things and yet you nearly always have a pop at me when I post.

Gary Johnson has yet to earn my faith. Sure he got us promoted but since then its been mostly pretty dour imo. I know I'm not the only one that thinks that but I am probably the most voicerious. My demands as a City fan are pretty simple - play some attacking football and produce some excitement.

I've also said prevously that I don't 'hate' anyone let alone Gary Johnson. It common knowedge now that there was an issue between him and I almost 4 years ago but since then I've met him several times without a problem although not recently. He's an interesting bloke when he gets chatting and always has time for the fans.

Hopefully after todays exchange of views we won't return to abusive ways of the past.

Its seems then that we are not poles apart in the way we see things and yet you nearly always have a pop at me when I post.

Gary Johnson has yet to earn my faith. Sure he got us promoted but since then its been mostly pretty dour imo. I know I'm not the only one that thinks that but I am probably the most voicerious. My demands as a City fan are pretty simple - play some attacking football and produce some excitement.

I've also said prevously that I don't 'hate' anyone let alone Gary Johnson. It common knowedge now that there was an issue between him and I almost 4 years ago but since then I've met him several times without a problem although not recently. He's an interesting bloke when he gets chatting and always has time for the fans.

Hopefully after todays exchange of views we won't return to abusive ways of the past.

Our 4th place finish was dour? lots of late (winning) goals, very good football.... top for most of the season, a wembley final? dour?

I admit its been pretty average since... not poor, not disgraceful, not shocking, but average and quite often frustrating

Henderson 21

Ribiero 20

Wilson 20

Fontaine 24

Nyatanga 21

Skuse 23

Elliott 25

Haynes 21

Maynard 23

Akinde 20

Clarkson 24

Artus 21

Interesting post, and certainly makes things look promising, BUT-

Gerken does not come off his line enough, nor command the area.

Ribs, Wilson and Artus should have a lot more games behind them by that age.

Henderson - Will he ever be given a crack whilst we have a 3 keepers policy?

Elliott - Don't think he will ever re-capture past glories.

Clarkson - Not been impressed to date, to put it mildly.

It's this kind of difference in view that makes this Forum fun, and if it descends into personal abuse, I just move to a better thread.

RR - I quite often agree with your comments, and even if you are sometimes a bit negative, it gives the Forum a sense of balance. The season is very much in the balance, find form and it's play-offs, carry on as we are and relegation is a distinct possibility. I'll just settle for mid-table drift, then see what the summer brings, with or without Johnson.

I am a Bristol City fan and a gary johnson while he's manager ........until he starts doing badly (badly for a club of our side would be relegation battle)

I've actively supported city since the osman days.... and we've had alot worse football to watch - i'm sure you'll agree.

we've hardly dropped down to the bottom half since we got promoted - which is a brilliant achievement

This season has'nt gone to plan - but we are still 12th...

even if this season fizzles out we've got some young players who will be only getting better and better....

Henderson 21

Ribiero 20

Wilson 20

Fontaine 24

Nyatanga 21

Skuse 23

Elliott 25

Haynes 21

Maynard 23

Akinde 20

Clarkson 24

Artus 21

Spot on. Agree with you 100%.

Our 4th place finish was dour? lots of late (winning) goals, very good football.... top for most of the season, a wembley final? dour?

Yes it was. Something like 13 1-0 wins that season sums it up. We were also new to the CCC and we as fans didn't know what to expect and niether did the opposition. There were times when City were battered and yet came away with a win. Hull at AG stems to mind. There were several games that season when City won but I left AG with a feeling of 'how did we get away with that'? The only real excitment was against Palace in the semi's. Frankly the final at Wembley was awfull, City created two chances all game.

Since then City haven't been 'getting away with it'. Far too many draws at AG last season and the same is happening this season. 1-0 leads are not enough as GJ himself has said as much.

Essentially I reckon that GJ has stayed with the same tactics/formations for too long.When oppostion teams play City they know exactly what to expect.There are no suprises.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a different formation, style and tactics and a performance that has us cooing about what a great side City are.

• Admin

Yes it was. Something like 13 1-0 wins that season sums it up. We were also new to the CCC and we as fans didn't know what to expect and niether did the opposition. There were times when City were battered and yet came away with a win. Hull at AG stems to mind. There were several games that season when City won but I left AG with a feeling of 'how did we get away with that'? The only real excitment was against Palace in the semi's. Frankly the final at Wembley was awfull, City created two chances all game.

Since then City haven't been 'getting away with it'. Far too many draws at AG last season and the same is happening this season. 1-0 leads are not enough as GJ himself has said as much.

Essentially I reckon that GJ has stayed with the same tactics/formations for too long.When oppostion teams play City they know exactly what to expect.There are no suprises.

Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a different formation, style and tactics and a performance that has us cooing about what a great side City are.

In the interests of accuracy it was only 6 1-0 wins that season.

For reference we had 10 1-0 wins in Danny "entertainment" Wilson's last season.

"Almost everyone agrees that the football we've been subjected to has been about exciting as watching the snow thaw but when I post such remarks I get slaughtered by the usual suspects and it is the same forum users every time."

And here's one of them....rofl2br.gif

Although I am an ST Holder, I only get to see 4, 5 or maybe 6 Games per Season (due to my location) so after reading some of the Sh8te on this Forum I was expecting to see a dull Game against Watford. On the contrary , it was I thought an exciting Game which we could easily have won 3-1 instead of

drawing 2-2. Admittedly, most of the City action I see is from 'PLAYER' or the TV but cannot understand how you are so pessimistic about the situation

down the Gate at the moment. Why slag off GJ & SL at every opportunity? Maybe I could understand it if we were bottom of the League, however

perhaps you are a born pessimist & enjoy whinging.

The only frustration I have at the moment is watching our defence making errors that you are told not to make at Junior level, which is one of the easier aspects to rectify.

Think yourself lucky, Robbored, you don't watch Hamburg in the Bundesliga, now that can be boring. I think you're in too deep, take those blinkers off,

take a break.

Although I am an ST Holder, I only get to see 4, 5 or maybe 6 Games per Season (due to my location) so after reading some of the Sh8te on this Forum I was expecting to see a dull Game against Watford. On the contrary , it was I thought an exciting Game which we could easily have won 3-1 instead of

drawing 2-2. Admittedly, most of the City action I see is from 'PLAYER' or the TV but cannot understand how you are so pessimistic about the situation

down the Gate at the moment. Why slag off GJ & SL at every opportunity? Maybe I could understand it if we were bottom of the League, however

perhaps you are a born pessimist & enjoy whinging.

The only frustration I have at the moment is watching our defence making errors that you are told not to make at Junior level, which is one of the easier aspects to rectify.

Think yourself lucky, Robbored, you don't watch Hamburg in the Bundesliga, now that can be boring. I think you're in too deep, take those blinkers off,

take a break.

A long standing lack of entertainment is what depresses me although I agree that the Watford game was about as well as City had played at AG since the first half against QPR. If they can play like again today I'll be a happy bunny.

If you were able to attend more games you would appreciate where I and plenty of others are coming from. Just have a look at todays 'Preston' thread if you don't believe me.

Its well over £400 for my ST plus matchday expenses and its a been a long time since I felt I had my money's worth.

Its not my own defination of 'negative spin' at all. How else would you define 'negative spin'?

Spin and spin doctors are common place in todays vocabulary and (to me at least) it means contrived and doctored to fool people.

I imagine it stems from cricket - a spin bowler using guile, trajectory, change of pace and of course spin to decieve the batter.

One proper definition (I looked it up) of a spin doctor is a "person who provides a favourable slant to an item of news, potentially unpopular policy, etc." I presume negative spin would be providing a negative spin to something that was otherwise popular?

Anyway, you can't say "Its not my own defination" and follow it up with "and (to me at least) it means..." can you? ;)

They are attacking me but I don't find it strange. I've become the forum scapegoat today in particular simply because I say it as I see it and unfortunately for some that means pointing the finger at our current manager and they can't handle it.

Almost everyone agrees that the football we've been subjected to has been about exciting as watching the snow thaw but when I post such remarks I get slaughtered by the usual suspects and it is the same forum users every time.

ahhhhhhh bless.

Reap and ye shall sow......

And your quick to criticise, much slower to give credit

Marmite is a beef extract spread, or you can drink the stuff, you either like it or hate it, hope that helped.rolleyes.gif

Wrong! You can't drink Marmite, that's Bovril you are thinking of which is made from beef. Marmite is 100% veggie, made from yeast and only spread.

The' love it or hate it' comes from their advertising campaign. I think the Aussie equilivant is veggiemite which might make more sense to Phillip B who asked the original question.

I sure this forum is both loved and hated, and everything inbetween. But isn't that down to the people using it.

Just for the record RR, do you REALLY think Wonderson was a good manager. We played some bloody awful football under his reign, FAR worse than we've seen under GJ. not least that shite pray off final, when we just didnt turn up

Johnson's teams are stronger, have more ability, and with the exception a few lingering survivors, of a far higher standard than that dismal northern monkeys clueless teams.

I have no idea why you loathe Johnsons teams, tactics, (I have do an idea though :innocent06::whistle2:) but anyone who thinks Wondersons era was better is IMHO severely deluded. frickin Leapy, inconsistent Doc, Aaron & Flapper, pisshead Coles, & Roberts, the delights of Burnell...

Nah gimme GJ and this team EVERY goddamn time...

Archived