IGNORED

This Forum

Lack of Action Man

Just for the record RR, do you REALLY think Wonderson was a good manager. We played some bloody awful football under his reign, FAR worse than we've seen under GJ. not least that shite pray off final, when we just didnt turn up

Johnson's teams are stronger, have more ability, and with the exception a few lingering survivors, of a far higher standard than that dismal northern monkeys clueless teams.

I have no idea why you loathe Johnsons teams, tactics, (I have do an idea though :innocent06::whistle2:) but anyone who thinks Wondersons era was better is IMHO severely deluded. frickin Leapy, inconsistent Doc, Aaron & Flapper, pisshead Coles, & Roberts, the delights of Burnell...

Nah gimme GJ and this team EVERY goddamn time...

Agreed, I don't think I've ever been as thoroughly pissed off as when we lost to Brighton in that pray-off final. Danny Wilson didn't even have Leroy Lita on the bench and we had no shot on the Brighton goal if memory serves me correct. Danny Wilson just had to go after that - praise the Lord for Steve Lansdown because he saw the light and got rid of skiving Danny Wilson within days as a result.

I've been well hacked off with all the home draws but Gary Johnson is 1,000% better as a BCFC manager than Danny Wilson ever was. To me it's commitment and workrate to the BCFC cause and Gary Johnson has it in bundles and Danny Wilson didn't have it. The recent signings of Paul Hartley, Evander Sno and Dean Gerkin should spell out to everyone that Gary Johnson is getting us back in the right direction. Gary Johnson - he probably wouldn't realise it - also helped get a distant relative of mine out of the mire so top marks for Gary Johnson from me in that respect.

Agreed, I don't think I've ever been as thoroughly pissed off as when we lost to Brighton in that pray-off final. Danny Wilson didn't even have Leroy Lita on the bench and we had no shot on the Brighton goal if memory serves me correct. Danny Wilson just had to go after that - praise the Lord for Steve Lansdown because he saw the light and got rid of skiving Danny Wilson within days as a result.

I've been well hacked off with all the home draws but Gary Johnson is 1,000% better as a BCFC manager than Danny Wilson ever was. To me it's commitment and workrate to the BCFC cause and Gary Johnson has it in bundles and Danny Wilson didn't have it. The recent signings of Paul Hartley, Evander Sno and Dean Gerkin should spell out to everyone that Gary Johnson is getting us back in the right direction. Gary Johnson - he probably wouldn't realise it - also helped get a distant relative of mine out of the mire so top marks for Gary Johnson from me in that respect.

Well said - the Cardiff play-off final was the absolute pits - far worse than losing to Hull at Wembley.

Wilson lived in Chesterfield when he was managing City - says it all about his attitude towards BCFC. When super Stevie told him he would have to axe a few of his back-room buddies after Cardiff, toys came out of the pram and he was offsky.

Just for the record RR, do you REALLY think Wonderson was a good manager. We played some bloody awful football under his reign, FAR worse than we've seen under GJ. not least that shite pray off final, when we just didnt turn up

Johnson's teams are stronger, have more ability, and with the exception a few lingering survivors, of a far higher standard than that dismal northern monkeys clueless teams.

I have no idea why you loathe Johnsons teams, tactics, (I have do an idea though innocent06.gifwhistle.gif) but anyone who thinks Wondersons era was better is IMHO severely deluded. frickin Leapy, inconsistent Doc, Aaron & Flapper, pisshead Coles, & Roberts, the delights of Burnell...

I don't think that I've said Wilson was a better or worse manager that Johnson. I simply said that under Wilson City played more attractive football most of the time. I don't think that I've stated that I loathe Johnsons teams and tactics either. Untill saturday I thought they were wrong thats all. You don't agree obviously.

One thing that fans forget about Wilson when they point out that he didn't get us promoted is Lee Miller. Remember away at Swindon? It was all square, last min, Mickey Bell crossed to an unmarked Miller who somehow contrived to hit the post from a foot out. That miss cost City two points and we missed out on automatic promotion by one point. Just a tad unlucky I'd say.

But its all history and doesn't really matter now.

I don't think that I've said Wilson was a better or worse manager that Johnson. I simply said that under Wilson City played more attractive football most of the time. I don't think that I've stated that I loathe Johnsons teams and tactics either. Untill saturday I thought they were wrong thats all. You don't agree obviously.

One thing that fans forget about Wilson when they point out that he didn't get us promoted is Lee Miller. Remember away at Swindon? It was all square, last min, Mickey Bell crossed to an unmarked Miller who somehow contrived to hit the post from a foot out. That miss cost City two points and we missed out on automatic promotion by one point. Just a tad unlucky I'd say.

Remember also that Danny Wilson was often absent from Tuesday evening and mid week away games and that must have cost us points as well.

Gary Johnson is a good manager but the question that matters to me is whether he's good enough to get us top flight football.

History indeed but Wonderson's wilfull misuse of players and obsessive sticking with others are what cost us, and led to some atrocious games. specially against the worse teams in the division. Miller, Roberts, & Lita were the biggest examples of Wondersons botched man management skills, something Johnson would sort out. Leapy, Doc, Coles & Burnell the obsessions

Archived