IGNORED

Patrick Agyemang Signs

JMBCFC

Strongest team ??

IMO

...........................Gerken..........................

Orr...........Carey...........Nytanga.......Mcalister

Haynes.........Sno...............Hartly..........JCR

...........Agyemang.........Maynard................

Subs:

Haynes

Clarkson

Elliot

Sproule

Fontain

What does everyone else think ??

Please dont attack me if I am completely wrong with this ha ha

So no Skuse? IMO you couldn't have picked a slower central midfield pairing :D. Sno for Skuse and I don't think you will be far wrong.

Strongest team ??

IMO

Subs:

Haynes

Clarkson

Elliot

Sproule

Fontain

You would drop Fontaine? No Skuse even on the bench? And since when do we have 2 Haynes? :disapointed2se:

Yeah, has a nice look to it though, pheew, pretty strong team actually, pace and power up front....and width on the wings!

Thats brilliant news, we have been realy strugling with any presance upfront all season. Im not saying that maynard/haynes are bad they are awsome but they are little and have been crying out for a big man to hold the ball up for them all season.

--------PA--NM--------

JCR--PH--CS--ES--DH

------LN---LC--BO-----

-----------DG------------

Now thats a side with presence up front, width, pace, and a questionable defence cos I'm not a good manager :)

You would drop Fontaine? No Skuse either? disapointed2se.gif

Yeah, has a nice look to it though, pheew, pretty strong team actually, pace and power up front....and width on the wings!

Knew I woulda made a mistake somewhere, swap Skuse for Haynes (the one on the bench) then bring him on as a sub half time for Sno...

I did mean Skuse on the bench, would never take him away from 1st team !! But Sno has been playing well lately IMO, and his goal against Preston will give him more confidence

Orr...........Carey...........Fontaine......Mcalister

Sproule.........Skuse...............Hartly..........JCR

I wouldn't fancy this team away at the so called better teams abit to open but at the Gate like the look of it very much.

Now i don't mean to be a voice of reason (or, heaven forbid, negativity) but i'm not quite sure what we've signed here. Now i've always thought Agyemang looked a decent player at this level and is obviously experienced, but he's 'only' 6'1" (which is believe is the same as Saborio and a few inches less than Akinde) and doesn't have the greatest of scoring records. Now i do think he would have been a great addition to the squad in the summer, but we've bought a target man no bigger than the one we appear to be offloading and with a scoring record which (i supect) is no better than than the one we appear to be offloading (for this season of course) and we're expecting an instant partnership to be struck up between PA and NM after a couple of training sessions

I hope it all comes together and see no reason why it would not, but lets not get carried away yet eveyone

He's a striker so we had better hope that it is NOT a typical Johnson signing.fingerscrossed.gif

What ever do you mean?

Guy Madjo

James Quinn

Bas Savage

Calvin Andrew

Mark McCammon

Phil Jevons

Nick Wright

Barry Corr

Kevin Betsy

Andy Smith

Dele Adebola

Lee Trundle

Darren Byfield

Peter Styvar

Nicky Maynard

Stern John

John Akinde

David Clarkson

Danny Haynes

Andrius Velicka

Alvaro Saborio

Patrick Agyemang

To be fair the Preston fans always rated Agyemang and he was a handful against us for QPR.

Is he a target man, or someone built strong enough to hold the ball up and bring others into the game.... maybe the same terminology but I'm thinking more played up to him on the ground/chest hight with his back to goal.

im quite happy with this, if nothing else, we are signing players who always play well against us, so there is less chance we will be getting beaten by barnsley and qpr now. I always thought Agyemang was big, strong and quick, but our friends from hammersmith seem to think he is a Bas Savage kind of character!

Is he a target man, or someone built strong enough to hold the ball up and bring others into the game.... maybe the same terminology but I'm thinking more played up to him on the ground/chest hight with his back to goal.

I onloy Saborio had been afforded the luxury of balls to his chest or feet, rather than at his head, he might have made a better impression...

The very last position I'd have thought we needed to strengthen, six first team strikers plus another two out on loan... effectively five competing to be Maynard's partner.

Agyemang's always looked a pain in the ass when played against us but really quite confusing for me.

The very last position I'd have thought we needed to strengthen, six first team strikers plus another two out on loan... effectively five competing to be Maynard's partner.

Agyemang's always looked a pain in the ass when played against us but really quite confusing for me.

Unless he plays at left back I'm confused as well.

Strongest team ??

IMO

Subs:

Haynes

Clarkson

Elliot

Sproule

Fontain

How can you leave our best player out Skuse must play and Sno on the bench in place of Haynes who's also starting

We needed a left midfielder so we sign another striker...

He is OK from what I have seen and certainly has caused problems for us in the past. Scored twice in one half for QPR a couple of season back and gave our defence the run around as a sub this season. Bit of a donkey but got pace and will hopefully cause other teams as many problems as he did to us.

Sadly I think that is the end fro Saborio, who I think is a decent player but won't get the time he needs to adapt etc.

We needed a left midfielder so we sign another striker...

He is OK from what I have seen and certainly has caused problems for us in the past. Scored twice in one half for QPR a couple of season back and gave our defence the run around as a sub this season. Bit of a donkey but got pace and will hopefully cause other teams as many problems as he did to us.

Sadly I think that is the end fro Saborio, who I think is a decent player but won't get the time he needs to adapt etc.

Isn't Saborio on a season long loan?

Interesting signing again indicating the lack of money the club has. Not really sure we needed another striker especially one with an average goalscoring record. Saying that, I feel he can do a good job for us.

Gerken

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Mcalister

Sproule

Sno/Skuse

Hartley

Campbell-Ryce

Maynard

Agyemang/Haynes

Henderson

Nyatanga

Sno/Skuse

Elliott

Williams

Clarkson

Agyemang/Haynes

Guest pogopete

We may have 6 strikers in name but are they good enough for the cc i think not and since dele left we lacked a target man i think he could be good for us.

Archived