IGNORED

Patrick Agyemang Signs

JMBCFC

Hi lads, QPR fan in peace (honestly)

I've put some more detailed thoughts about Dave leaving on LFW

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=27311

but basically you will struggle to find a QPR fan sorry to see the back of him. He arrived two years ago almost to the day as part of a clutch (collective noun for group of mediocre players) of signings we made in our first transfer window after the takeover. We were knocking round the bottom three at the time so a lot of the players (hall, mahon, delaney, dave) seemed to be signed with a mind of just keeping us up with just one or two (connolly, ephraim) for the future. The problem QPR have is the board's policy is not to be held to ransom over transfer fees (we rarely pay them despite this big spending QPR stuff the media put about) but will offer massive wages. So while dave, hall etc were probably only there to keep us up and consolidate us they were given four year contracts on massive, massive money. If bristol City are paying more than 50% of dave's wages I'll be surprised because he is on an absolute fortune at QPR - keep your eye out for his personalised reg bentley.

anyway he started like an absolute train, eight goals in his first six games, and we thought we were onto a winner. I think in the two years since he has only scored a further six times for us. His first touch is laughable, seriously hilarious that a professional footballer can play in the championship with a touch that bad, and he is carrying excess weight like five or six of his QPR team mates. His scoring record speaks for itself - never once got into double figures, only once in ten years has he managed more than seven.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.showNews.php?id=11392

Essentially he's quick, aggressive and hard working but a seriously limited footballer and qpr and preston have mostly used him as an impact sub for the last 15 minutes when they've tried everything else - and there is some debate at QPR about whether he's even good enough for that.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/QPR/v2.forum.posts.php?id_t=136878#45

Personally I thinik he will hit the ground running for you guys, he's very much a gary johnson sort of player in the adebola mould I would say. In six weeks you'll probably be wondering what that bloody idiot from QPR was talking about but if he stays for any length of time he'll regress to what he always has been. Not as good as adebola by a long chalk I'm afraid.

My mate who is a Hoops season ticket holder has stated that Agyemang will 'flatter to deceive for the first few games, then revert to the control of Bambi on ice, with the first touch of a garage door'. Make of that what you will, I will be making my own judgement after a run of games.

Yes. My mate reckons he will be good for the first 6 games, then becomes "roadrunner".

Saw him for QPR against us at Loftus Rd last season, and thought he was their best player. A real handful with Dele-like strength - made live very difficult for our centre halves that day.I like this signing.

Got to agree with that, always looked good when playing against us.

• Admin

What ever do you mean?

Guy Madjo

James Quinn

Bas Savage

Calvin Andrew

Mark McCammon

Phil Jevons

Nick Wright

Barry Corr

Kevin Betsy

Andy Smith

Dele Adebola

Lee Trundle

Darren Byfield

Peter Styvar

Nicky Maynard

Stern John

John Akinde

David Clarkson

Danny Haynes

Andrius Velicka ???

Alvaro Saborio

Patrick Agyemang ???

To be fair the Preston fans always rated Agyemang and he was a handful against us for QPR.

22 Strikers of varying ability, only 5 of which I think have actually brought value for money and real benefit to the team, with two unknowns.

A QPR supporting mate of mine reckons Agyemang is on his way to the Gate on loan! Anyone heard anything? Or is this most likely a wind-up?

Obviously not a wind up then!!! I will congratulate him on his sleuthing.....

.....from his point of view, Agyemang has been pretty useless for them this season. Was great when he first joined QPR but never recaptured that form, although he reckons it'll be Sod's law that Agyemang ends up playing well for us. Fingers crossed!

22 Strikers of varying ability, only 5 of which I think have actually brought value for money and real benefit to the team, with two unknowns.

You can't include a large proportion of that list - many of them were triallists or loan players, brough in by GJ initially to test their ability and to see whether they were what we and the team needed. Hence, some were successful and many weren't. Fortunately we didn't leap straight in and sign them all permanently!

Guy Madjo

James Quinn

Bas Savage

Calvin Andrew

Mark McCammon

Phil Jevons

Nick Wright

Barry Corr

Kevin Betsy

Andy Smith

Dele Adebola

Lee Trundle

Darren Byfield

Peter Styvar

Nicky Maynard

Stern John

John Akinde

David Clarkson

Danny Haynes

Andrius Velicka

Alvaro Saborio

Patrick Agyemang

Only those in bold were signed permanently, and even then you're lumping Betsy in because he wasn't a big success - he was bought to replace Murray on the right wing, not partner Jevons!

Of the other nine in bold, Javons was good at his level, as was Adebola. We all wanted Trundle when he got here - who knew he would fail? Byfield wasn't a massive success, but got us a few important goals. Styvar, well, he was a flop merely cos he couldn't settle in off the field - he might have made it eventually. Maynard - a success. But he should be with that price tag! And Akinde, Clarkson and Haynes are all doing ok with varying degrees.

So, ok, he hasn't found many hugely successful strikers - but then name one manager at our level who has? Scoring goals is the most difficult part of the game, and there are only a limited number of good goalscorers in our division and below. All the best ones are going to end up with the best teams - and we aren't one of those yet.

Assuming that the ones in red are the ones you thought brought value for money, I think I'd debate some of them.

Savage and McCammon were both cheap, short-term signings who I thought contributed valuable performances at a difficult time for the club. They weren't great players but they helped get the team out of a hole.

Trundle and Byfield were both instrumental in the team's run to the playoff final in 2007/08. Trundle arguably wasn't value for money considering the fee paid, but both scored important goals for the club.

Jevons, on the other hand, despite being part of the promotion side, I thought was utterly useless, lazy and contributed very little.

Oh and whoever compiled the list forgot Showunmi.

Thought he was quality against us in 08 when QPR did us 3-0 at Loftus road.

Think he will do a decent job for us, but i agree with others in the sense that im quite baffled as to why we have signed yet another striker.. I personally would have been on the hunt for a LB/LM on loan (Matty Hill!!!)

when i first learned of his signing i was more than happy based on how he has played against us in the past and his fantastic start he had for Rangers

However after looking at various other forums and hearing what the PNE and QPR fans think of him im now begining to think this is another typical Johnson forward ie Trundle Styvar Soborio and Stern bloody John.

Im glad this is only a loan signing and hope we are not paying him all his wages.

Looking back now i think we should have given Dele his two year contract

I hope its true as the saying goes TAXI FOR SABARIO.

Getting fed up of apparent idiots slating Saborio, he is a proven International who oozes class and intelligence (something possessed by only a few of our squad namely Hartley and Skuse).

I dont think i have seen him go for a header that he hasnt won and virtually every header he makes is flicked in behind the opposition defence, it is more Maynard/Haynes lack of willing to make the gambling runs in behind the defences that are behind your willing to offload Saborio (as confirmed by GJ's comments regarding "a few players" who could learn from Chopra's intelligence to read the game.)

Instead of slating a striker who gives 100% during his brief oppurtunities in the 1st team maybe attention should be turned to why his assets arn't being utilised as they should be, Ok he isnt going to set the world alight Ronaldo style but he is a team player - Maynard and Haynes have gas to burn but the last time i saw either one of them actually make a dangerous run in behind an opposition defence we scored from it (Maynard vs Boro, Haynes vs Barnsely resulting in a penalty)

I accept that these are only my personal views but if you really think about it he should not be ridiculed and ditched by 'fans' simply for his lack of goals - i think you'll find that Agyemang is a similar style of player, willing to come deep and do the dirty work that others dont want to (or arn't able to) whether that be winning headers and flick ons or holding the ball up tp enable our undoubtably talented pace kings the time and space they need.

Rant over....

Decent signing, hopefully a left winger will be on the way because that should be a priority.

A QPR mate of mine reckons he is quick, strong, has a terrible touch and will start well but fade. Sounds like thats what all QPR fans think of him.

I know sod all about tactics in football and I confess to being a ball watcher at matches. But surely I am not alone in thinking we are crying out for some quality in defense, (look at the stats), and we have several strikers, (WHO ARE GOOD ENOUGH) and not playing or are on loan. So what are we creating? or am I missing the sale of Nicky Maynard for 9 million or something.

When Adebola left there were those who thought we were well rid, dismissing him as a 'lump' and citing his presence as the main reason we (allegedly) played 'hoofball'. I felt at the time that we would miss him badly and took the same view regarding his departure as I did that of McIndoe.

I've said before that Dele was, in fact, a far more accomplished footballer than many gave him credit for - not only a very powerful man and a huge physical presence, but experienced, deceptively quicker over the ground and better with the ball at his feet than one would expect of such a big guy, and quite a composed finisher as well. His scoring record was perfectly respectable for a target man. As for McIndoe, whatever his shortcomings, he was one of the fittest, most hard-grafting players I've seen at AG and he got through a prodigious amount of work during a game.

It was inevitable that these qualities would be missed and I felt that neither should be allowed to leave, if it could be avoided, unless we were certain that we had ready replacements lined up. They were, and we didn't. We've lacked muscle up front and width ever since and now here we are six months later signing JCR and Angyemang, having played half the season without their predecessors and struggled because of the all too obvious gaps their absence has created.

Dele, according to most reports, wanted to stay and, in the absence of an equally good, like-for-like replacement, I would have unhesitatingly given him his 2 year contract, even in the knowledge that he might play in only half of all games or less in his final year. Angyemang can be a handful and I wouldn't make any negative comment about his signing until we've seen enough of him to judge, but would only say that he'll have to do very well to equal, let alone surpass, the contribution that Dele made in a relatively short time. The McIndoe saga is more complicated and it may be that he wanted away and nothing could be done about it, but again I think there were many who though him no great loss: sometimes you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

I hope these two guys cut the mustard, because we've sure as hell been coming up short in the positions they've been brought in to fill.

• Admin

Assuming that the ones in red are the ones you thought brought value for money, I think I'd debate some of them.

Savage and McCammon were both cheap, short-term signings who I thought contributed valuable performances at a difficult time for the club. They weren't great players but they helped get the team out of a hole.

Trundle and Byfield were both instrumental in the team's run to the playoff final in 2007/08. Trundle arguably wasn't value for money considering the fee paid, but both scored important goals for the club.

Jevons, on the other hand, despite being part of the promotion side, I thought was utterly useless, lazy and contributed very little.

Oh and whoever compiled the list forgot Showunmi.

I'd add Showumni to my list, I can be persauded that Savage and McGammon added something in the VFM dept. as they did contribute to the club in its period of transition from Wilson's drinking club to football club. Trundles 7 goals must be something around £250,000 - £300,000 each - hard to justify unless they'd got us to the Premiership.

Jevons was a Thorpe type, often you wondered what he did in games, but 11 goals in 31 starts is pretty much his career average of 0.33 GPG. We've two current strikers with better records, Saborio's career stats are better than a goal every two games (0.51 GPG, which drops to 0.2 GPG for City) and Maynards career stats are 0.42 GPG (but that drops to 2.46 in his City career).

For whatever reason, we cannot get strikers to reproduce their past form. Maybe the budget contraints mean that we have to take punts with players unproven at Championship level or maybe the style of play just does not create enough telling balls into the box.

Hi lads, QPR fan in peace (honestly)

Ta for the opinions.

To be perfectly honest I think it would be impossible for QPR to get a decent impression of what a player is capable of with the manager being changed hourly - it doesn't let players settle down and produce and each individual performs at far less than their best.

I can't claim I'm overjoyed by this, mainly because we're already overstaffed in the striker department and desperately need a left winger and full back, but I doubt he is anywhere near as bad as he's looked at QPR.

I agree with Alex that it looks like the writing is on the wall for Saborio - and possibly Clarkson too. I would presume this means Akinde will be let out on loan again as well?

I hope there's some left in the ever increasing pot of debt for a player we actually need.

DISCO BLOODY DAVE, Amangangyman man man is at best bloody awful,

Johnson is clueless with signing strikers,

We should have signed 2 decent full backs who can pass the ball,

my team as it stands including amangagaanamaman (:laugh:) from QPR

1.........................Gerkin

Elliot.............Carey...........Fonts..............nynatango

Haynes,...........Skuse...............Hartley................cambell ryce

......................Akinde.......................Maynard............

subs

hendo

orr

sno

saborio

sproule

maccer

williams

not used agymananananananan (awful)

At the moment this has to be our best team.

Gerken

Orr Carey Fontaine McAlister

Haynes Sno Hartley JCR

Maynard Agyemang

I know Skuse should be in there but Sno is a class player and needs a chance to show what he can do in centre midfield because he is without doubt the most gifted player in our squad.

At the moment this has to be our best team.

Gerken

Orr Carey Fontaine McAlister

Haynes Sno Hartley JCR

Maynard Agyemang

I know Skuse should be in there but Sno is a class player and needs a chance to show what he can do in centre midfield because he is without doubt the most gifted player in our squad.

Your team is fine but, the full backs are useless that has been the problem for the past 18 months, Orr and Maccer cant pass the ball , they give it away all the time, u watch 2morrow night how often they give the ball away, bloosy useless. I would play elliot or skuse at rightback or both as the full backs.

Archived