IGNORED

The Transfer Deadline Day Thread...

Evy11_BCFC

Akinde off again on loan. This time to Brentford. disapointed2se.gif Disappointed with that one.

Big Disappointment! When is this lad going to get his chance? All this 'one for the future' stuff never materialises and I would imagine, leaves the person concerned, demoralised to say the least. Bought in as a prolific goalscorer at a much lower level, why don't we just try him and see if he can do it for us? Maynard isn't at the moment and nor is anyone else.

Bought in in 2008 it will be 2011 before he breaks into the team if we are not careful, if indeed, he does that.

Akinde must at least be on the bench in my opinion

still dont see the big fuss over Akinde yet, he needs to play more so this is the best move for him

In my opinion the best move would be to save 15k in wages and send back Patrick A and Saborio and give Akinde his chance here

Not seen anything in the 2 loanees that set them above Akinde, experience is worthless if you are not very good, which both have proven to be

How could Akinde do any worse???

still dont see the big fuss over Akinde yet, he needs to play more so this is the best move for him

In the glimpses we've seen I'd say big John has looked a real handful with pace and power, and he obviously has an eye for goal as his loan spell last year proved.

The disappointment for me is that we've brought in a journeyman in Agyemang to do the job that Akinde could well be capable of doing. It's all well and good banging on about championship experience, but how do we expect our youngsters to get any when they're never given a chance.

In my opinion the rest of this season is the ideal opportunity to bring our better youngsters into the fray. We're not going up and hopefully not going down so I see it as relatively risk free.

Big Disappointment! When is this lad going to get his chance? All this 'one for the future' stuff never materialises and I would imagine, leaves the person concerned, demoralised to say the least. Bought in as a prolific goalscorer at a much lower level, why don't we just try him and see if he can do it for us? Maynard isn't at the moment and nor is anyone else.

Bought in in 2008 it will be 2011 before he breaks into the team if we are not careful, if indeed, he does that.

Akinde must at least be on the bench in my opinion

How prolific was Akinde at a much lower level?

I like the look of him too - to an extent - but I'm not convinced he's got goals in him at this level.

Doesn't Saborio have a fairly prolific record at International level - something like 1 in 3?

Surely there must be alot more to come from him if GJ uses him properly, particularly now we have at least one player capable of putting crosses in.

Archived