IGNORED

Iwelumo Signs

southvillekiddy

Think this is good news, definitely a proven, class striker at this level.

Welcome to the club, Chris. Hope you can help stop the rot!

On another note, are we going for a record for the number of strikers on a club's book in a season????

seems Saborio had his last chance against watford as GJ says in the interview after wasn't pleased and there are rumors so seems Saborio is going back soon ish. but yes so many strikers!

Chris Iwelumo is a great signing. It still beggars belief why we didn't sign him or someone similar at the beginning of the season because he's the proven goalscorer we've been crying out for. This signing reminds me of the time in our club's history that Alan Dicks signed John Galley.

A nice comparison, I hope.

John was a good honest forward who scored a lot of goals for a side that were still developing.

I'm not sure where that leaves the boy from QPR although you have got to think he may start with both of them tomorrow to try and give the forest CBs a good battering with all those long high hopeful 'passes' they'll be getting...I assume he is available tomorrow?

Delboy truly has lost it and Sl has gone along with him

If you know that Iwelumo might be available why would you sign Carthorse FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON???

Would have been excited at the news of Chris Iwelumo arriving were it not for the fact that we already have a clod on the books. Another striker panic buy. So much for the chief scout. They're all useless and now running like headless chickens.

Does this mean SL is sayng "I'll back you to keep us up, do what you have to but its goodbye next year"

Would have thought SL knew better than to throw money at a problem.

The fans can all see that what we need is a defence and a settled formation/team first and foremost. Our attackers are not getting a sniff at the ball.

Here's hoping Chris can succeed where others have failed. Getting the ball at his feet at their ******* end.

He's probably going to start left midfield if McAllister is injured.

Yes i did thanks, and whatever my opinion of his managerial skills are based on football, not name calling. Oh and what if i didn't go to any of those games? Would i not be able to pull you up on your child like attitude?

Nah you got me wrong mate. A spoilt child blames other people for their mistakes. Ring any bells?

Look at my other posts for my in depth analysis of his failures as a manager of men and knower of Championship level football

He was blaming fans (that includes people like you and I) as well as players before and after Cardiff.

So feeling insulted I have replied in kind.

Thanks a million Gary for getting us promoted but its time you strolled on.

Am i the only one whose concerned about all these loanees. Unless there going for a permanent move here, i wonder how much desire they have for Bristol City.

I too get concerned at certain loanees, I heard Carlton Cole talking about his loan spell once and he commented that he always knew he was going back to his other club so saw it as a fitness thing.

Not sure Iwelumo will be thinking that though, he got a lot of recognition last season but that has faded due to injury and needs to prove himself quickly. At 31 I think he will be mature enough to do an honest job for us.

Well done just hope they put up some sort of show for you to believe in it ain't been good ,the Forest game should be a good match as they like to go forward so you might see some goals, yes league 1 sends shivers down the spine don't care how we do it as long as City pull away from the bottom 3 . Come on you REDS

m

This is our third season in CC. Remember early 80s, we wore so broke you could not take a telefoncall to the gate. We have now aschived a god platform. We are in the right direktion. Feel the bigg boss ok, GJ to. Some of you dont agree, but werenot Barselona. Lete common togehter.

Am i the only one whose concerned about all these loanees. Unless there going for a permanent move here, i wonder how much desire they have for Bristol City.

They're playing for the chance at regular first team football. If they're really lazy and see the club as the joke a lot of fans currently claim it to be then we won't see much effort from them.

Distribution to the forwards has improved with 2 decent wide players, Sno & Hartley and improved performances from Skuse & others. It isn't good enough as yet so I doubt this otherwise excellent signing will make a huge difference.

A striker who has done the business at this level and an experienced target-man. Exactly what we need instead of carthorses like Saborio and Agyemang. I'm sorry but anyone who is trying to shoot down this signing already is an utter tool who is looking for nothing more than another swipe at Gary. Agyemang, now there's a crap signing. This is class.

A striker who has done the business at this level and an experienced target-man. Exactly what we need instead of carthorses like Saborio and Agyemang. I'm sorry but anyone who is trying to shoot down this signing already is an utter tool who is looking for nothing more than another swipe at Gary. Agyemang, now there's a crap signing. This is class.

absolutely bud i for one never thought id see big chris in a city shirt certainly not after last season he is exactly the type of player we need as saborio, ageymang, clarkson, maynard and haynes cant win headers so we automatically get put under pressure from long clearances and when they get caught in possession because none of them can hold the ball up at least big chris will put himself about and rough up the opposition defence and hopefully score some goals starting tomorrow

:disapointed2se: Stoke 2000/04; 84 app- 15goals; :fastasleep: loaned to York 12 app - 2 goals, loaned to Chelt 4 app - 1 goal; Brighton 10 app 4 goals.

:disapointed2se: Stoke 2000/04; 84 app- 15goals; :fastasleep: loaned to York 12 app - 2 goals, loaned to Chelt 4 app - 1 goal; Brighton 10 app 4 goals.

Why don't you try looking at his stats for the last 5 years instead? His goal scoring record in the Championship is very good

You can be so selective with your statistics it is quite worrying. Everything is twisted or skewed to fit your opinion to try to win points on an internet forum

For someone so "old" its actually pretty childish

Quick question: is this signing with a view to replacing Agyemang or to play alongside him?

Clarkson has started one game, so he must be due to return to the bench.

Still, let's hope it works out.

Not sure anyone knows yet. I can see GJ playing Angryman with him and adopting longball again. Hope not.

I'd like him to play alongside Clarkson with Sproule - who will run himself into the ground for this club - getting a start to try and work the flanks. (Note to Bradley Orr - please give the ball to Sproule asap without cutting inside all day).

Archived