IGNORED

Crystal Palace Match Thread.

Bris Red

anyone in particular or just someone?

Ever occur to you that we might of made them poor by playing well?

Quite possibly, that happens.

But Donny stopped us playing saturday and totally deserved to win, there is the difference.

BCAGFC

you honeslty care whehter the game was poor? a fighting performance unlike saturday and 3 points all that matters

Agreed. The 3 points don't carry any more weight if you've played pretty football or not. Right now I am delighted with the points, we can play the more attractive stuff when we are secure.

• Admin

Well done to the players and manager.

I will reserve opinion until we hear from someone who was at the game because by all accounts it was poor.

Still, a win is a win I suppose.

BCAGFC

Not exactly.

By some accounts it was poor.

Radio Bristol said we were good value for the win in a match we dominated.

Quite possibly, that happens.

But Donny stopped us playing saturday and totally deserved to win, there is the difference.

BCAGFC

can someone who went to the game please tell this clown we played well please.

doesnt matter who. Just someone and he'll be happy.

you honeslty care whehter the game was poor? a fighting performance unlike saturday and 3 points all that matters

As I said a great result but you have to put it into context.

It would be nice to win a game easily and to deserve it by playing good football, like others have done to us many times this and last season.

There is still a lot of work to do at BCFC.

BCAGFC

good stuff, it might not have been pretty, but that is a vital 3 points. I figure that plymouth and peterborough are gone, and sheffield wednesday are pretty poor, if we can equal their results everyweek now then we will be safe. Palace are in a false position, thanks to the 10 point deduction, but now that Colin has gone, I think that their fight might also have gone, and they are bang in trouble as well.

Palarse were poor tonight, 3 shots on target, that is usually our strike record at home.

It was a much needed win but until someone comes back and says, "we totally deserved it and we played them off the park" (as Donny did on saturday) I still say big changes are needed at BCFC.

BCAGFC

We need a business plan.

Boring football will not fill 15 000 empty seats.

I would like a report from someone I respect, so it obviously won't come from you will it.

Let's just enjoy the result and hope that the players and management put the same effort and commitment for the rest of the season.

BCAGFC

I would like a report from someone I respect, so it obviously won't come from you will it.

Let's just enjoy the result and hope that the players and management put the same effort and commitment for the rest of the season.

BCAGFC

nice mentality mate.

Is it a rule on here that you have to have an ironic bit of text at the bottom of your posts?

• Admin

Palarse were poor tonight, 3 shots on target, that is usually our strike record at home.

It was a much needed win but until someone comes back and says, "we totally deserved it and we played them off the park" (as Donny did on saturday) I still say big changes are needed at BCFC.

BCAGFC

Our actual average Shots On Target over all League games up to tonight is 7.2 per game.

Newcastle's is 6.4

Guest bigcheese

First win at Palace for nearly 50 yrs !!

On the bounce from a heavy defeat, sounded pretty solid, ran the clock down at the end, 3 more points

away from relegation. Sounds good to me.

• Admin

I am very happy, as I said on another thread, the plight of BCFC is making me seriously ill at the moment.

Tonight is a good result but it doesn't cover the cracks that we have all seen during this (and last) season.

Until we go 5 or 6 unbeaten, this could be another false dawn.

BCAGFC

We may not be 5 games unbeaten but our record of W2 D2 L1 in the last 5 we have played is anything but relegation form.

I went and we were crap. All Palace and miss hit shot loops over the keeper. Very lucky tonight.

Just kidding I didn't go but being one of the Johnson out bunch, that's how I see things of course. I'll take the points though.

robbored will be down the pub celebrating I expect.

What a nice win. Very very happy. We in Sweden as You are in Bristol are verry happy. Now we gets Reading a punsch! Three points to avoid regliation, very strong when our club is walking on thin ice. Think the boss know how rule the baLLS. ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Well done to the players and manager.

I will reserve opinion until we hear from someone who was at the game because by all accounts it was poor.

Still, a win is a win I suppose.

BCAGFC

I went, just got back to Bromley, and I thought it was a top performance. It wasn't scintilating but full of heart and committment and a good defensive display, just what was needed after Saturday. From the start we tackled and pressed and played most of the first period in their half, without creating much. The 2nd half was more even, but overall I thought we deserved the win, it was a tight game but we bossed the midfield really and the defence loooked comfortable. Hartley, playing quite deep, made a difference and Johnson, playing a similar role to Carle, looked better than him, a central 3 does suit him much better. JCR didn't have much luck, but Skuse and all the defenders put in a good shift.

I wasn't convinced with the acclaim after the Boro and Ipswich clean sheets, I thought we were a bit lucky with both of those, but tonight was genuinely solid. Good support as well, behind the team, and the manager, from the off - and would have been worthy of it too, even if it had stayed 0-0. Great piece of opportunism put the icing on the cake.

All in all, I'm more than happy. I was going to post on here before the game to respond to some of the negativity, but, in the end, I couldn't be bothered, no point getting into a slanging match with people who will never change their minds. But a word of advice to those who are swayed, and depressed, by reading various thread's here - get yourself to an away game or two if you can, support the lads as much as you can, and when it comes right you feel great :) That's the worst thing for me about all the OTT negativity, and the personal abuse that often accompany's it - it means even the celebration of success is tarnished, it's a tad hypocritical to take pleasure in any achievment you've had no part in constructing, and even contributed more to an atmosphere of failure. Ah well, it's all about opinions and mine remains were a decent side, will probably finish mid/upper table which is what we deserve. A stable environment all around the club will give us the best chance of pushing on.

I went, just got back to Bromley, and I thought it was a top performance. It wasn't scintilating but full of heart and committment and a good defensive display, just what was needed after Saturday. From the start we tackled and pressed and played most of the first period in their half, without creating much. The 2nd half was more even, but overall I thought we deserved the win, it was a tight game but we bossed the midfield really and the defence loooked comfortable. Hartley, playing quite deep, made a difference and Johnson, playing a similar role to Carle, looked better than him, a central 3 does suit him much better. JCR didn't have much luck, but Skuse and all the defenders put in a good shift.

I wasn't convinced with the acclaim after the Boro and Ipswich clean sheets, I thought we were a bit lucky with both of those, but tonight was genuinely solid. Good support as well, behind the team, and the manager, from the off - and would have been worthy of it too, even if it had stayed 0-0. Great piece of opportunism put the icing on the cake.

All in all, I'm more than happy. I was going to post on here before the game to respond to some of the negativity, but, in the end, I couldn't be bothered, no point getting into a slanging match with people who will never change their minds. But a word of advice to those who are swayed, and depressed, by reading various thread's here - get yourself to an away game or two if you can, support the lads as much as you can, and when it comes right you feel great smile.gif That's the worst thing for me about all the OTT negativity, and the personal abuse that often accompany's it - it means even the celebration of success is tarnished, it's a tad hypocritical to take pleasure in any achievment you've had no part in constructing, and even contributed more to an atmosphere of failure. Ah well, it's all about opinions and mine remains were a decent side, will probably finish mid/upper table which is what we deserve. A stable environment all around the club will give us the best chance of pushing on.

Cheers for that. Just what I wanted to hear.

All in all, I'm more than happy. I was going to post on here before the game to respond to some of the negativity, but, in the end, I couldn't be bothered, no point getting into a slanging match with people who will never change their minds. But a word of advice to those who are swayed, and depressed, by reading various thread's here - get yourself to an away game or two if you can, support the lads as much as you can, and when it comes right you feel great smile.gif That's the worst thing for me about all the OTT negativity, and the personal abuse that often accompany's it - it means even the celebration of success is tarnished, it's a tad hypocritical to take pleasure in any achievment you've had no part in constructing, and even contributed more to an atmosphere of failure. Ah well, it's all about opinions and mine remains were a decent side, will probably finish mid/upper table which is what we deserve. A stable environment all around the club will give us the best chance of pushing on.

Wish there were more supporters like you mate......cheers!

All in all, I'm more than happy. I was going to post on here before the game to respond to some of the negativity, but, in the end, I couldn't be bothered, no point getting into a slanging match with people who will never change their minds. But a word of advice to those who are swayed, and depressed, by reading various thread's here - get yourself to an away game or two if you can, support the lads as much as you can, and when it comes right you feel great :) That's the worst thing for me about all the OTT negativity, and the personal abuse that often accompany's it - it means even the celebration of success is tarnished, it's a tad hypocritical to take pleasure in any achievment you've had no part in constructing, and even contributed more to an atmosphere of failure. Ah well, it's all about opinions and mine remains were a decent side, will probably finish mid/upper table which is what we deserve. A stable environment all around the club will give us the best chance of pushing on.

Thanks for your report, Chaplain.

Out of interest, living in Kent, do you get to home games - like Cardiff and Doncaster, for instance.dunno.gifinnocent06.gif

Archived