IGNORED

Stefan Maierhofer - Signs On Loan

dargla

I know a few Wolves fans who think that it might be about time that Mad Mick should be moving along, a lot of them think their manager was great in the league below, but just really isn't what they're looking for in the Premier League.

Could this be Mick and Steve getting a little bit closer, whilst Mad Mick sends re-enforcements to ensure our 2nd flight league status for his arrival?

I wouldn't be sad at such a situation arising certainly...

Doubt there's anything in that, more that GJ and Mad Mick are friends.

And only one of them has been any good thus far!

Anyway, welcome Stefan. He seems to come with a decent enough reputation - unlike Agyemang!

Think of all the money we would've wasted on loanees, obviously Sno was brought in as well but I was only counting strikers! All of this by the man who 2 years ago claimed he didn't believe in the loan system, and frowned upon teams using loan players to get them up. I'm literally speechless.

Agreed, but if the Lithuanian hadn't got injured he wouldn't necessarily have required all t'others ?

Maybe, who knows. But I never saw the need for Saborio or Agyemang. Why we need this new guy is also bewildering, does Johnson have that little faith in our own strikers? I'd rather try and create a good strike partnership using the 4 strikers we actually have! And you can't say we haven't got a mixture in Maynard, Clarkson, Haynes and Akinde. I don't believe we will go down so this seems like yet more money wasted.

What are we Wolves "feeder" team or what??? GJ is turning s into a freak show? Why do we need another striker when its the defence thats a shambles??? Are we going to come on to the "Circus march" against Newcastle?

ABSOLUTELY ANOTHER UNBELIEVABLE MOVE BY THE ONE WHO HAS LONG LOST THE PLOT AND ONE REALLY HAS TO WONDER WHY LANSDOWN IS LETTING HIM CARRY ON WILLY NILLY..............

Dont panic Captain Mainwaring clearly springs to mind

PS And before any of the "Gabby lovers" want to go ask yourself one important question - "IF" our Austrian friend was any good with Wolves fighting for their Premier League lives woiuld they honestly have let him come to us???? McCarthy must be rolling on the floor, talk about one born every minute........

Oh dear oh dear oh dear....

Mr Johnson has truly lost the plot. Only a few weeks ago he says we won't be signing any foreign players, then, oh in comes a foreign player on loan. Also, what about the "I don't believe in the loan market" Mr Johnson?

Smacks of desperation to me.

We most likely won't go down, but he ain't half giving it a go!

Think of all the money we would've wasted on loanees, obviously Sno was brought in as well but I was only counting strikers! All of this by the man who 2 years ago claimed he didn't believe in the loan system, and frowned upon teams using loan players to get them up. I'm literally speechless.

I've seen this written a couple of times now since this was rumoured, about 'too many loanee's' or 'wasted loanee's'. Is it not conceivable that GJ could have changed his mind about loanee's? He's seen the benefit they can have and acted accordingly. That's fair enough in my book. How well he's used it is another matter. I welcome this signing, I think he's a decent player who can help us in the run in, but wouldn't mind seeing a defender in the same vein (reserve Prem, decent experience) too. Can't have everything though so if that's not an option we've just got to get on with it for now. Anyway, I've written 4 lines and still haven't written what I meant to....

Previously we've had people lamenting the fact he didn't use the loan system, and now I've seen written that he's using it too much. Well, we can't have it both ways. As I've said, how well he's used it is another matter for now.

Another point I wanted to make was that, from not using it, to now using it is a sign of adapting your managing style etc. Yeh I now he's like a stubborn mule sometimes, but maybe this can make him see the value of adapting your style and what not, which, if it makes us better, would benefit us all in this time of much squabbling. Anyway, shpeel over, if it doesn't make sense its' because I was interupted or got confused half way through so apologies!! Oh and I'm not having a dig at you WRP, just using you basically, to crobar my point in somewhere!!

I've seen this written a couple of times now since this was rumoured, about 'too many loanee's' or 'wasted loanee's'. Is it not conceivable that GJ could have changed his mind about loanee's? He's seen the benefit they can have and acted accordingly. That's fair enough in my book. How well he's used it is another matter. I welcome this signing, I think he's a decent player who can help us in the run in, but wouldn't mind seeing a defender in the same vein (reserve Prem, decent experience) too. Can't have everything though so if that's not an option we've just got to get on with it for now. Anyway, I've written 4 lines and still haven't written what I meant to....

Previously we've had people lamenting the fact he didn't use the loan system, and now I've seen written that he's using it too much. Well, we can't have it both ways. As I've said, how well he's used it is another matter for now.

Another point I wanted to make was that, from not using it, to now using it is a sign of adapting your managing style etc. Yeh I now he's like a stubborn mule sometimes, but maybe this can make him see the value of adapting your style and what not, which, if it makes us better, would benefit us all in this time of much squabbling. Anyway, shpeel over, if it doesn't make sense its' because I was interupted or got confused half way through so apologies!! Oh and I'm not having a dig at you WRP, just using you basically, to crobar my point in somewhere!!

I understand the point your making, and I've never actually commented on how good the player is, I just believe that Johnson's activity in the loan market has been laughable. I undrstand the point about maturing, but has he matured? He's gone from not getting any, to signing 5 different forwards in one season, only one of which has turned out to be a success so far, (obviously Stefan's not payed yet so my comment doesn't count for him.) It just seems desperate to me, and suggests that Gary has no faith whatsoever in the forwards we have at the club, the forwards HE SIGNED fot the club.

And I didn't read it as a dig SR, this is a forum, I expect some debate! winner_third_h4h.gif

Mick obviously prefers Imwelly to this guy who has hardly had 2minutes football this season and is injury prone. AKINDE was obviously prefered to Imwelly for second half by our leader but now gets the elbow for no reason at all :disapointed2se:

The Bank of SL has obviously not stopped loan payments even though many prev ones have made no repayments at all; GJ you couldnt make it up; the plan is quite clear now though I`ll just try everything and anything as I aint really got a plan at all.

The future is clear :yes::doh:

Mick obviously prefers Imwelly to this guy who has hardly had 2minutes football this season and is injury prone. AKINDE was obviously prefered to Imwelly for second half by our leader but now gets the elbow for no reason at all :disapointed2se:

The Bank of SL has obviously not stopped loan payments even though many prev ones have made no repayments at all; GJ you couldnt make it up; the plan is quite clear now though I`ll just try everything and anything as I aint really got a plan at all.

The future is clear :yes::doh:

Mccarthy was happy for Iwelumo to stay. The player wanted to go back and try to play in the Premier League. Cant blame him for that.

Akinde is not the man to carry the team through some important games in the run in. Its too much pressure on the lad who is nowhere near the finished article. Mairhofer has more experience and we need that at the moment and it'll take the pressure off Akinde to produce good championship performances week in week out.

As the above poster has stated CI wanted to stay at Wolves and fight for a start. Who can blame him for that? And who can slate GJ for replacing him? For anyone who is already assuming we are going to play long ball just because this fella is tall is wrong. I would stay that Peter Crouch has one of the best touches in the game, so just because he is tall doesn't mean he is just someone who is going to use his head. I wish people would stop using everything to knock GJ. I'm suprised Robbored isn't on this thread saying something negative about GJ... COME ON YOU REDS.

i've been critical of GJ and his signings before, but i think this could be a positive step

let's be honest - playing champagne football isn't the answer to getting the results we need in the HUGE games against the likes of plymouth, s****horpe and sheffield wednesday. maierhofer gives us the option of holding the ball up (this guy will have more technical ability than the likes of akinde, having played and trained with bayern for a couple of years. i think you'll find he was in the same youth crop as muller and badstuber who are now regulars).

he is also a good bet for getting goals from headers, or making flick ons for maynard (who, like haynes, lacks the physical strength to play alone up front - clarkson lacks the fitness). i think campbell-ryce will be delighted he has someone to aim for with his crosses.

it isn't going to be pretty, but neither is relegation to leage one, and that is what we are fighting against

As the above poster has stated CI wanted to stay at Wolves and fight for a start. Who can blame him for that? And who can slate GJ for replacing him? For anyone who is already assuming we are going to play long ball just because this fella is tall is wrong. I would stay that Peter Crouch has one of the best touches in the game, so just because he is tall doesn't mean he is just someone who is going to use his head. I wish people would stop using everything to knock GJ. I'm suprised Robbored isn't on this thread saying something negative about GJ... COME ON YOU REDS.

GJ also said that Iwelumo wanted to be closer/with his family. Has Wolverhampton moved or is it now located on the moon? Many people travel to and from work every day to places a further a field than the black country. Not forgetting that footballers generally only work for half a day anyway.

To me, it sounds as if Iwelumo had enough of the crap going on down here and took the easy option of going back. Who can blame him for that?

As for Crouch, Wolves fans have also likened him to the "robot" that is Crouch. The only downfall being that he is exactly like Crouch, but without the goals, the touch or the ability to create goals. Besides that, he is the spitting image.

Styvar mark 2 if you ask me?

GJ also said that Iwelumo wanted to be closer/with his family. Has Wolverhampton moved or is it now located on the moon? Many people travel to and from work every day to places a further a field than the black country. Not forgetting that footballers generally only work for half a day anyway.

To me, it sounds as if Iwelumo had enough of the crap going on down here and took the easy option of going back. Who can blame him for that?

As for Crouch, Wolves fans have also likened him to the "robot" that is Crouch. The only downfall being that he is exactly like Crouch, but without the goals, the touch or the ability to create goals. Besides that, he is the spitting image.

I think thats a bit unfair concidering you haven't seen him play a game.

Priceless. Just when is Lansdown going to wake up to the fact that Gabby is running amok with the Hargreaves/Lansdown gold card. Evidently Gabby and his chuckle brother sidekick are now on the trail of a certain Bazzer Savage.....

Well presently anything is possible...........dancing6.gif

Archived