IGNORED

Stefan Maierhofer - Signs On Loan

dargla

While there is still a mathematical risk that we could go down, I'm happy to see this sort of signing but it is clearly a short term solution to a long term problem.

At 6'7" perhaps not!

I'm not sure what's more concerning, the fact that Johnson's signed his SEVENTH striker this season or that Lansdown's allowed him too?

and so much for the whole....no more untried foreigners?

We've got more strikers this season than British Airways.

Oh well let's see what he can do, but I thought the problem was the defence. We could have Rooney, Messi and Drogba upfront, but the way we are playing at the moment, still fail to win I reckon. dunno.gif

As the above poster has stated CI wanted to stay at Wolves and fight for a start. Who can blame him for that? And who can slate GJ for replacing him? For anyone who is already assuming we are going to play long ball just because this fella is tall is wrong. I would stay that Peter Crouch has one of the best touches in the game, so just because he is tall doesn't mean he is just someone who is going to use his head. I wish people would stop using everything to knock GJ. I'm suprised Robbored isn't on this thread saying something negative about GJ... COME ON YOU REDS.

First well done on your run great effort :chant6ez:

Nothing against the guy have never seen him play but; do you not think March is a bit late in the season to be still striving to find a front line striker ? even if he scores a hatfull he will not be with us next season.

Akinde (and Clarkson come to that) however, are already here, front line strikers have not been given enough time to bed into our front line yet when they have played have done nothing wrong; yet they are persistantly passed by for something/anything else.

GJ early season plan was to play narrow pass it through the middle onto quick forwards, that has now changed it seems to, widemen or a boot up top to a big bustler up front trouble being we had no-one available hence the loans since xmas;

GJ is grasping wildly at any straw and lets be fair the last one probably saved us and him for now, it is not the future for our club however and he`s lost direction i.m.o.

lets give the guy a chance. We only need eight points for safety. his height should help us get the goals to keep us up. Sounds like hes up for it too.

Me n Mrs Bucks only comment when we found out he's 6'7 was oh no hope we don't turn into Scumford stylee wooooooshball. I'm sure we wont.:fingerscrossed:

He certainly wont be any worse confidence than we already have

so you have finally admitted that we aren't play off contenders then?!

Well mathematically we still are as much candidates for both play off and relegation.

45 points, 10 games left. we could win all games and end up with 75 points, plus of course Cardiff could go into admin and open up a place.

Unlikely, but still not 100 impossible.

Very well put Nibor.

Looking to the loan market as much as Johnson does is a sure sign of a manager clutching at straws.

Give Akinde a chance to prove what he's capable of. Home Park tomorrow night would be a good place to start.

I'm sure you would have been one that lambasted Johnson NOT using the Loan market in our first season in the championship...

How people can want Akinde in the side when he's done precisely nothing this season to merit a place is beyond me... He hasn't even done anything when away on loan. the club is close to a relegation scrap and we need a big man up there to get on the end of the crosses our pacey wingers have now started supplying. this guy has pedigree and could have the makings of a decent signing... give him and Johnson a break here eh? I agree that he is on borrowed time now but slagging off every decision regardless of the logic is really boring and somewhat reduces the validity of your arguments.

so you have finally admitted that we aren't play off contenders then?!

Feel free to find the quote where I said 'we are play-off contenders'.... We were a ******* joke against Donny Rovers and I said so after the game.

I prefer to look for the positives in any football season - I simply can't see the point, when you follow a club like City, jumping on the manager's back when things go wrong.

Well mathematically we still are as much candidates for both play off and relegation.

45 points, 10 games left. we could win all games and end up with 75 points, plus of course Cardiff could go into admin and open up a place.

Unlikely, but still not 100 impossible.

Cardiff won't go into administration this season. The judge gave them until the end of the season to sort things out, but there must be a possibility that they'll go under next season. I think they'll need to start again in League of Wales if that happens!.

Feel free to find the quote where I said 'we are play-off contenders'.... We were a ******* joke against Donny Rovers and I said so after the game.

I prefer to look for the positives in any football season - I simply can't see the point, when you follow a club like City, jumping on the manager's back when things go wrong.

Maybe not your exact words old bean, however you were of the opinion that we could reach the play offs when we were blatantly in free fall.

I agree with you on the positivity aspect however, looking at the evidence it's difficult to find positives at the moment.

I will like you iam sure continue backing the team regardless, however the manager no longer has my respect or support.

Cardiff won't go into administration this season. The judge gave them until the end of the season to sort things out, but there must be a possibility that they'll go under next season. I think they'll need to start again in League of Wales if that happens!.

they have possibly secured a £6m investment from the malaysians that will in effect pay their wage bill for 2 months, the tax man and outstanding monies owed to a catering company. If this comes off and they get promoted then they are laughing, if the investment alone comes off then it's consolidate next season etc.

It's Cardiff they always come up smelling of bloody roses, they should have been made an example of by the hmrc, bastards!

Ubiquitous YouTube video that raises expectations beyond achievable:

He doesn't look like a great target man tbh. Seems very fast for his size and a great finisher with his right.

This will be amazing.

When he's standing next to LJ. speechless-smiley-040.gif

I imagine that he'll be mostly receiving the ball from LJ as he seems to score a lot from where LJ likes to play it (RHS of the box). Could lead to a lot of interesting TV coverage.

Bastard's better looking than me but guess that's a good thing.

BTW, you lot are ridiculous. If we'd signed him at the start of the season you'd be creaming yourselves.

BTW, you lot are ridiculous. If we'd signed him at the start of the season you'd be creaming yourselves.

Absolutely. All the people on this thread jumping on the 'look how many strikers Johnson has signed' bandwagon'forget that if Velicka had worked out as planned, we wouldn't have seen Saborio, Agyemang, Iwelumo or the Hoff. The fact is that Adebola needed replacing and Johnson's first choice, the American now on loan at Plymouth, turned us down. Since then a number of players have been used to plug the gap, while Akinde is monitored to see if he is going to make it. I think the view is that Akinde has still got what it takes - or he wouldn't be being used now - but people forget that Akinde was a late entrant into the professional game and is still learning his craft. In a year or two he'll be a very good player, but he's not the finished article yet and not ready for us to pin our hopes to. Welcome to the Hoff, and let's hope he delivers - he's certainly got the talent from what I've seen. His goalscoring record in Austria - ok not the best league in the world - speaks for itself.

Absolutely. All the people on this thread jumping on the 'look how many strikers Johnson has signed' bandwagon'forget that if Velicka had worked out as planned, we wouldn't have seen Saborio, Agyemang, Iwelumo or the Hoff. The fact is that Adebola needed replacing and Johnson's first choice, the American now on loan at Plymouth, turned us down. Since then a number of players have been used to plug the gap, while Akinde is monitored to see if he is going to make it. I think the view is that Akinde has still got what it takes - or he wouldn't be being used now - but people forget that Akinde was a late entrant into the professional game and is still learning his craft. In a year or two he'll be a very good player, but he's not the finished article yet and not ready for us to pin our hopes to. Welcome to the Hoff, and let's hope he delivers - he's certainly got the talent from what I've seen. His goalscoring record in Austria - ok not the best league in the world - speaks for itself.

How's the American getting on at Plymouth?

The 5th striker to be signed on loan this season. Literally unbelievable.

No, it would only be literally unbelievable if there were people sat here reading this thread, saying: "No, I'm sorry, this just isn't true. It's not happening. I just refuse to believe it. We can not have signed five players on loan this season. This man has not signed for us on loan. I don't believe it."

How do you know this? He could've turned out to be shite as well! Saborio was the replacement for Vellicka, yet we've brought in 3 more strikers since him, so how do you know this wouldn't have bene the case with Vellika?

No, it would only be literally unbelievable if there were people sat here reading this thread, saying: "No, I'm sorry, this just isn't true. It's not happening. I just refuse to believe it. We can not have signed five players on loan this season. This man has not signed for us on loan. I don't believe it."

Nice constructive response, and if we're being pedantic, it should read 'cannot', not 'can not.' Cannot is one word and therefore your grammar is incorrect.

Nice constructive response, and if we're being pedantic, it should read 'cannot', not 'can not.' Cannot is one word and therefore your grammar is incorrect.

What can I say, I write for a living! I'm not trying to denigrate your argument, simply pointing out what I consider to be an extremely annoying misuse of the word 'literally'. Check this out: http://ckgt.com/showrant.php?id=14

Jamie Redknapp is a perfect example of someone who uses this word without engaging his brain.

By the way, actually, both cannot and can not are acceptable spellings, it's just that the first is the much more usual variation. Check your Oxford English...

Ubiquitous YouTube video that raises expectations beyond achievable:

He doesn't look like a great target man tbh. Seems very fast for his size and a great finisher with his right.

I imagine that he'll be mostly receiving the ball from LJ as he seems to score a lot from where LJ likes to play it (RHS of the box). Could lead to a lot of interesting TV coverage.

Bastard's better looking than me but guess that's a good thing.

Yes - the video looks great. Must say that he had alot more space than he will get in the Championship for some of those goals. However, I think he will get us a couple of wins in the month he is here - that will make sure we are safe from relegation.

Clearly CAN use his height for headers as well (unlike Peter Crouch).

Archived