IGNORED

Stefan Maierhofer - Signs On Loan

dargla

Isn't signing any player? Remember when Jason Roberts came on loan.

Exactly thats what i'm saying, but GJ came out in the paper recently saying that he wasn't perpared to gamble on untried foreign players anymore after Styvar, Saborio and others, it was too much of a risk, he has now gone back on that if he is interseted in the hoffmeister.

What is you point about about Jason Roberts ? He played one game for us at Oldham where he came on as a sub and scored the winner. The next game he was asked to sit on the bench again and he walked out on the club thinking he was better than the rest of the squad. Surely that could happen to any prima donna footballer..

Yes, clearly we can't play any sort of football without a six and a half foot striker. Really.

I mean, that was the problem against Donny and Reading right?

Don't think it is the height GJ is after, I think it is the strength to hold the ball up.

Maynard has no strength whatsoever, haven't seen enough of Clarkson in that role to judge.

Akinde has to be kept at the club and given 10 or 20 minutes per game.

BCAGFC

Same old same old, until we give our strikers quality service we could play with Pele, Shearer and Tom Finney up front for all the good it would do them without the bloody ball.

I remember Yeovil fans at the end of GJ's time there bemoaning the fact that all he did was sign strikers and not address other problems in the team.

Having said that, if he does arrive may i say Welcome to Ashton Stefan, do your best and you'll be alright by us.

Don't think it is the height GJ is after, I think it is the strength to hold the ball up.

Maynard has no strength whatsoever, haven't seen enough of Clarkson in that role to judge.

BCAGFC

I think GJ's signings and attempted signings over his time here make it very clear that height is something he values too much.

Maynard does have strength and was using it in the first part of this season before his confidence went.

Our problem is not holding the ball up in the forward line, not in the least, it is an unbalanced squad and poor and inconsistent selections and formations.

We're either going gung ho with two wide forwards and two centre forwards and only one defensive player in the middle of the park or we're chucking ten men behind the ball with barely any width and lumping it.

Signing this guy won't make us any better a team than signing Iwelumo did and before you say he improved us we have lost three games, drawn two and won two with him in the side which is worse than the rest of our season.

Edit: correct dodgy stats!

Our problem is not holding the ball up in the forward line, not in the least, it is an unbalanced squad and poor and inconsistent selections and formations.

We're either going gung ho with two wide forwards and two centre forwards and only one defensive player in the middle of the park or we're chucking ten men behind the ball with barely any width and lumping it.

Signing this guy won't make us any better a team than signing Iwelumo did and before you say he improved us we have lost four games, drawn two and won one with him in the side which is less than a point per game and worse than the rest of our season.

Very well put Nibor.

Looking to the loan market as much as Johnson does is a sure sign of a manager clutching at straws.

Give Akinde a chance to prove what he's capable of. Home Park tomorrow night would be a good place to start.

BCAGFC

I would like to see Clarkson play up front in that central role. Not the biggest, but fairly strong and the only striker who shows anything like 'inteligent movement' in the box. GJ's already pigeon-holed him though so probably won't happen though

That said, it can't really hurt to get Maierhoffer in for a month; if he does well and we pick up a couple more wins we'll be well and truly safe. Then the likes of Akinde, Wilson, Ribiero, and to an extent Clarkson, can be given a run and a chance to gain experience. They won't be given a chance, but thats by-the-by.....

True up to a point - we found a 'third way' somewhere between these two against Preston (h) and in the second half against West Brom - but the two playing styles you describe have been all too frequently on show at AG this season.

This was posted on his website after a interview in Austrian but have been translated.

Seems its a done deal!

Stefan, British media are reporting off of swap rumors - what is it? "I can confirm that I am now given for one months at Bristol City and look forward to playing there and show you to my performance."

How did that happen? "Wolves coach Mick McCarthy sat in the last few games is no longer on me, so I must also take the consequences for me. I did not come to England just to watch, but just wants to play!"

Like your resume in the first half year is in the Premier League? "On the one hand I am very proud to have done it here, for me anyway is not the end of the flagpole. I will also establish myself here and I can only If I can play well. That is why the move to Bristol City! "

Why coach Mick McCarthy has recently renounced thee? "It must be said, of course, mean that we have seven strikers in the squad to play but only with a point. Because chances are, of course, bad from the start. Nevertheless, I will give everything in training, then make as well as my goals in the games of the second team, all I can do it. The preparation and the squad will be decided by the coach, I have to accept that. "

How it came to moving to Bristol City? "Finally, there had been discussions with the Queens Park Rangers, but have yielded no results. I am pleased that it now has even worked for a month with Bristol City and am already quite hot on it again to be able to play! "

Team boss Didi Constantini had recently waived against Denmark on you, for you to understand? "Of course. I also had a conversation with him in which he confirmed to me that I am for him an important part of the team. Because of a lack of match practice he will me but it was not convened, which for me is perfectly ok. another reason why the move to Bristol City, for only with good performances on the pitch, I can impose on me again's national team. "

This was posted on his website after a interview in Austrian but have been translated.

Seems its a done deal!

Stefan, British media are reporting off of swap rumors - what is it? "I can confirm that I am now given for one months at Bristol City and look forward to playing there and show you to my performance."

How did that happen? "Wolves coach Mick McCarthy sat in the last few games is no longer on me, so I must also take the consequences for me. I did not come to England just to watch, but just wants to play!"

Like your resume in the first half year is in the Premier League? "On the one hand I am very proud to have done it here, for me anyway is not the end of the flagpole. I will also establish myself here and I can only If I can play well. That is why the move to Bristol City! "

Why coach Mick McCarthy has recently renounced thee? "It must be said, of course, mean that we have seven strikers in the squad to play but only with a point. Because chances are, of course, bad from the start. Nevertheless, I will give everything in training, then make as well as my goals in the games of the second team, all I can do it. The preparation and the squad will be decided by the coach, I have to accept that. "

How it came to moving to Bristol City? "Finally, there had been discussions with the Queens Park Rangers, but have yielded no results. I am pleased that it now has even worked for a month with Bristol City and am already quite hot on it again to be able to play! "

Team boss Didi Constantini had recently waived against Denmark on you, for you to understand? "Of course. I also had a conversation with him in which he confirmed to me that I am for him an important part of the team. Because of a lack of match practice he will me but it was not convened, which for me is perfectly ok. another reason why the move to Bristol City, for only with good performances on the pitch, I can impose on me again's national team. "

Brilliant bit of comedy wind-up clapping.gif - I laughed my arse off reading this.

Saying that, if the Hoff is coming at least we can see if he can hack it at Championship level. He wont be at Wolves much longer I am sure, so he might consider a move to the Championship with us rather than going back to Austria - so it could be like "try before you buy!".

p.s. He is, apparently, a professional trained cook as well (used to work in his parents restaurant) - so maybe if he makes the move permanent now we can sack the Rovers supporter working in the kitchens who poisoned the team at the start of the season, and let the Hoff do a stint part-time.

This guy will put thousands on your gate when word gets round as to his ability. People will come from miles around to witness 'The Neck' in a Bristol City shirt. A £3 million striker playing for Bristol City.

Enjoy.

I take it this is meant with a healthy dose of sarcasm?!

More news that seem to confirm he is joining:

From Wolves forum:

The Hoff's just posted on Twitter/Facebook that he's going to Bristol City on loan for one month. A good move for him. I'll be interested to see what sort of impact he has at that level. I still think he might have something to offer, but perhaps not quite what we need.

Anyone got a link to his Twitter/FB page?

I know a few Wolves fans who think that it might be about time that Mad Mick should be moving along, a lot of them think their manager was great in the league below, but just really isn't what they're looking for in the Premier League.

Could this be Mick and Steve getting a little bit closer, whilst Mad Mick sends re-enforcements to ensure our 2nd flight league status for his arrival?

I wouldn't be sad at such a situation arising certainly...

• SC&T Board Members

His site says (translated) - http://translate.goo...%3D&sl=de&tl=en

Slightly rushed, so excuse any typos, but here's my translation of the interview on Maierhoffer's official website:

Joining Bristol City!

After six months with Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Premier League, Stefan Maierhofer is moving to Bristol City in the [sic] 1st Division on a month's loan.

He explains the reasons behind the move in an interview and also talks about his time to date at Wolves:

Stefan, English media are reporting rumours of a move - is there anything in it?

"I can confirm that I'm going on loan to Bristol City for a month and I'm looking forward to being able to show there what I can do."

How did this come about?

"Unfortunately, Wolves manager Mick McCarthy hasn't been picking me recently, so I had to do what was right for me. I didn't come to England just to watch - I simply want to play!"

How would you sum up your first six months in the Premier League?

"On the one hand I'm very proud to have achieved playing at this level and even now it's by no means the end of the story. I want to establish myself here and I can only do that if I'm playing. Thus the move to Bristol City."

Why has Mick McCarthy left you out in recent games?

"Well, it has to be said that we've got seven forwards in the squad but only play with one man up front. That makes your chances pretty poor from the outset. Nevertheless, I give it my all in training and have been scoring there and in reserve games. There's nothing more I can do. The manager then decides on the line-up and the match-day squad and I have to accept that."

How did the move to Bristol City come about?

"Latterly there had been some talks with Queens Park Rangers, but they came to nothing. I'm pleased that things have now worked out for a month with Bristol City and I'm really looking forward to being able to play again!"

Austrian coach Didi Constantini also left you out recently against Denmark. Did you find that understandable?

"Of course. I had a chat with him and he confirmed that he sees me as an important part of the team. Due my lack of match practice, however, he wasn't going to call me up this time, which I fully understand. And that's another reason for the move to Bristol City, as the only way to force my way back into the national side is through good performances on the pitch."

Archived