IGNORED

New Boss? - You Decide

chowie

392 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a no brainer for me;

Sven as director of football,southgate as defensive coach,hughs as attacking coach, ince to put a bit of bit into them, od for general football, coppel to oversee the whole thing oh and curbishly coz he just bought property down here and wouldn't wanna leave him out

It's a no brainer for me;

Sven as director of football,southgate as defensive coach,hughs as attacking coach, ince to put a bit of bit into them, od for general football, coppel to oversee the whole thing oh and curbishly coz he just bought property down here and wouldn't wanna leave him out

Cannot beleive i didnt see it coming!

I reckon we should give Venables the bus driving job... as you said dont wanna leave people out...

Maybe Phil Brown as our make up artist?

The good news is that both Ian Dowie and Neil Warnock have recently found employment, so that should be at least two bullets dodged. The bad news is that there are plently of other equally dangerous "big names" still out there, some of them even being mentioned.

Coppell would be an excellent, "proven choice"; I think O'Driscoll has the potential but could he be too big a risk for the immediate short term ? If we could get him I would love to see Billy Davis at the club. Almost did it with Preston; Did it with Derby and looks to be doing it again with Forest.

I don't see us spending big though, so whoever comes in I expect it to be someone with something to prove.

I can't remember whose quote it was, but something along the lines of;

"We don't want a good manager, we want a lucky manager"

We may not be a "big fish" within the Championship so maybe some of the names listed are a little unrealistic, however, the new stadium, and a chairman with a healthy bank balance may hold sway with just a couple. And if it gets Mark Hughes and the like back into the limelight........then maybe??

Maybe Dave Jones could be persuaded to leave the uncertainty that is Cardiff City? Played us off the park twice already this season!

Steve Coppells Reading also played good football last season.

Sean O Driscoll may be a popular choice, and has already been courted by a premier league team.

Alan Curbishley has experience at this level during his tenure at Charlton.

More importantly, what we need at the moment is a short term fix!

We need someone who will get us fighting for each other over the next few games in order to secure the 7+ points we need for survival. In the faces of the opposition and officials. Challenging every tackle, every free kick, every corner, every goal kick, in fact, every decision made by the referee.

Neil Warnock anyone??!!! surrender.gif OK I'll get me coat

well, i voted holloway simply because i ******* love that guy and he would do a fantastic job no doubt.

but isnt going to happen, what with him already being at blackpool and the fact he is gas

will most likely be curbishley or coppell id imagine, either id be happy with. theyre the names that have been mentioned most i think

just please god not southgate

I'd agree with all of that.

Throw Jewell into the mix aswel.

I'd like O'Driscoll.

The football, the ability to attract top youngsters. It's a long term solution that would make us enjoy the ride with the style of play. Like GJ was when we took him before it's a manager doing better with less money at a smaller club. Give him the opportunity and he'd improve us.

There really aren't many managers who combine good football with winning, if we have the opportunity then we should go for it.

Curbs is the other one i'd like. He makes bad players better. We've alot of bad players. Is he too big for us?

Phil Brown would be my first choice....knows the Champ. His teams try to play good football.....add a few prem contacts to his cv and i think he would do a decent job for us.......i understand his son Ryan Brown is a good player too and his brother Dereck is a good scout!

Curbs is the other one i'd like. He makes bad players better. We've alot of bad players. Is he too big for us?

I don't think so.

I don't think of Charlton Athletic as a massive football club.

I know he was West Ham manager but that was one role.

Southgate was manager of Boro and he's a favourite already.

Archived