IGNORED

New Boss? - You Decide

chowie

392 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't believe there are 10 votes for Skeletor.

The same ex- Gas manager who has publically stated that he hates Bristol City and burnt a City scarve in front of a crowd of baying gas fans...

Come on it would be like Gary Glitter opening a youth club.... Just not right

If that guy is appointed i will no longer follow my beloved team and i hope the majority of other City fans feel the same .... C.T.I.D

Talk up here north of the border is that Derek McInnes is interested, in my opinion he would be better than anyone else who has realistically been mentioned. He is in the Owen Coyle mode, acheived more than Coyle at St Johnson and plays better football...ambitious and enthusiastic, with experience of playing in England.....14/1 apparently I would stick a tenner on that.

Firstly very sad to see Gary go. If it,s Atkins no more trips to the gate til SL see,s sense. Same feeling about Southgate, Burley, Megson. In the big ocean that is the manager go round I would support Coppell long term. Just do not jump in SL and sign some idiot. Relegation has to be fought off so timing was awful. Where do we go from here I don,t know, but I do feel for Gary. The championship is the hardest league in the world and I am sure his record is as good as any managers. I for one wish you good luck Gary. Thanks for everything.

Southgate, coppell, Curbishley, Megson all realistic and all good managers who i wudnt mind seeing at the Gate. Dnt want Phil Brown.

Maybe just a rumour but I heard that Steve McLaren - ex City !!!! - threw his hat in the ring for the BCFC supremo job !!!!!

Surely, the job would be his for the taking if he wanted it?

Coppell please :fingerscrossed:

Gary Johnson was nearly always a pleasure to listen to when interviewed as he has a great sense of humour, always ready with a quirky quip; Coppell, on the other hand , always comes across as someone completely devoid of the ability to even smile. He's more deadpan than a dead pan.

to me the wording of this poll reflects the way some forum members think about themselves and their influence.

We decide? do we buggery...........................

By the way, I would be happy with anyone who would revamp this club from the bottom up, something that GJ did in the first couple of years, but somehow lost the impetus on. Lets have a youth and academy set up that is providing the team of the future, rather than the journeymen we have been getting.

People saying that Coppell, Curbs and McLaren are out of our league. We definatley are not! Whoever takes the job will be able to lead Bristol City into a new stadium, and if they do their job right, have every chance of being involved in the promotion mix for the next few seasons. It looks like a good job for anyone like Coppell and Curbs to me!

Why isn't Steve Cotterill on the list?

Has a good track record and wouldn't have a problem with the language barrier. Currently doing a great job at Notts County by all acounts.

Yeah, I know most of his experience is in the lower leagues, but he has managed (and assisted) at our level and above.

Not my first choice, but a worthy candidate.

Mr Lansdown is a very shrewd man and not one for knee jerk decisions. We have seen this in effect with his continued support of a faltering manager in the last year or so.

I'm sure as he watches endless 'good to poor' applications drop through his letterbox he will also be casting the rod out at the same time for a bite as well.

This is not a decision to be hurried, and he did get the last one right, remember. It has to be the right manager at the right time for this club.

A long-term, committed man, experienced in the English 2nd tier, previously successful in promotion up to the Prem.

Now, that has to narrow the field down a little, and i can wait at least a few more weeks for this appointment, but just barely.

Gary Johnson was nearly always a pleasure to listen to when interviewed as he has a great sense of humour, always ready with a quirky quip; Coppell, on the other hand , always comes across as someone completely devoid of the ability to even smile. He's more deadpan than a dead pan.

We want success, and the best way to hope for that is to appoint a good manager with a proven track record based on his achievements.

Not a stand up comedian, after all, no one's laughing very much at the moment are they?

If Millen fails to make an impact, I would very much welcome SC here, lack of humour or not.

Archived