IGNORED

Odds Being Offered

Frome Red

yea i see what your sayin, can always dream though mucker, in my eyes though were the best team in the land , who wouldn't wanna manage us innocent06.gif

With you on that, what I'd give to have that job!

Shows how far we've come to see some on the names on that list, and regardless of what people think of GJ, he's played a part in that. Remember the names on the list when Tins went?

Have to say though, if Megson or Brown come anywhere near this place...........

He'd (like most Prem managers) get found out with no mega budget to play with!

Ain't that the truth! Would love one of the big boys to come down and prove how good a manager they are, not how good they are with someone else's chequebook. Most wouldn't have the balls.

er..so you're comparing BR to City?

Not what so ever you said "He'd (like most Prem managers) get found out with no mega budget to play with!" And i was pointing out that he had no "mega budget" at Blackburn... is that ok ?

Thought i would add he signed players like nelson and samba for under 300k so he works great on a small budget but anyway i would be stunned if he turned up at ashton gate

why ,,, really can't understand why Mark Hughes is not being mentioned , i know it,s probably unrealistic but SL has the money

well put it this way - mark hughes is still enjoying the pay off from man city. owned by some of the richest oil barons in the world. if he takes a new job, his claim to this money (in exchange for doing absolutely nothing) are void. no matter how rich lansdown may be, he is no sheikh and mark hughes wouldn't come within a million miles of this club.

Sean O'driscoll has overtaken Curbishley as the favourite.

I guess Steve L will be looking at these main points :

Salary O'driscoll will be cheaper.

Compensation: Curbishley will be cheaper.

Who can bring through young talent, deal effectively in the transfer market with a similar decent but not excessive budget: A close call but O'driscoll is likely to be willing to work with a smaller budget.

Much as I liked GK I expect SL will be looking for a contrasting, calmer approach: neither are teacup throwers although O'driscoll wins because of a few negative comments from West Ham players under AC.

Who has the clout to bring in players and ask for favours from bigger clubs : Curbishley possibly but the bigger clubs will also like O'driscoll's demeanour and his calm approach with youngsters plus they will like the football he plays (Championship Arsenal as the tag goes).

Loyalty and getting a stable long-term appointment: O'driscoll wins this round, 22 years at Bournemouth and not likely to be so easily lured away by an established Premier League club if he creates success at BCFC. Not such a big factor as Curbishley stuck with Charlton.

Proven ability in the Premier League where SL want to be: Curbishley wins.

Overall track record: Curbishley at these levels and above but with a budget that SL will not want to give out. O'driscoll has got teams to punch above their weight.

Last but not least, how SL gets on with the candidates. He likes to be 'friends' or at least feel he can develop a friendly rapport with his managers. This was a big factor in his appointment of Brian Tinnion, GJ and Tony Pulis - he has used the word 'friend' to describe each one of them during and following termination of their appointments.

On balance I think he will go for Sean O'driscoll, pay the compensation to Doncaster and back him with a minimum three or even a five year contract. That's of course assuming O'driscoll wants to come. I think he will.

Think so, I believe it was John Laycock and Steve L who wanted Pulis and apparently Scott Davidson wanted someone else but went along reluctantly with the majority. You're right though it was 1999 and a long time ago so I am only basing that on one or two comments Scott Davidson made after Pulis was dismissed.

Think so, I believe it was John Laycock and Steve L who wanted Pulis and apparently Scott Davidson wanted someone else but went along reluctantly with the majority. You're right though it was 1999 and a long time ago so I am only basing that on one or two comments Scott Davidson made after Pulis was dismissed.

99! Whatever happened to Pulis, anyway......!

It was Moyes that Scott Davidson wanted, and the deal was done until he was outvoted by the rest of the board and Pulis was appointed.. am pretty sure Lansdown wasn't on the board back then.

It was Moyes that Scott Davidson wanted, and the deal was done until he was outvoted by the rest of the board and Pulis was appointed.. am pretty sure Lansdown wasn't on the board back then.

As I recall Davidson wanted Peter Taylor, the guy from the tool hire company John Lacock wanted Pulis. The board were split and Davidson relented. SL was FD at the time.

More updated odds news!

Alan Curbishley 6/4

Sean O'Driscoll 7/4

George Burley 5/1

Paul Tisdale 7/1

Steve Coppell 7/1

Phil Brown 9/1

Gareth Southgate 9/1

Eddie Howe 10/1

Steve McClaren 14/1

Gary Megson 14/1

Brendan Rogers 14/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Jim Magilton 16/1

Derek McInnes 16/1

Glenn Hoddle 20/1

Steve Tilson 20/1

Mark Cooper 22/1

Gary Speed 22/1

Ian Holloway 22/1

Dean Holdsworth 25/1

Andy Scott 28/1

Joe Jordan 33/1

Odds correct as of 22:51 19/03/2010 from Victor Chandler

Sean O'driscoll has overtaken Curbishley as the favourite.

If O'driscoll is still living in Bournemouth it has to be a great shout, but I gathered that there was a 750k-1m clause which put Burnely off already.

I'm still in the Robbored camp. Bizarrely Victor Chandler didn't seem to know who he was but the rest of us know who can out-think Gary Johnson.

Archived