IGNORED

Odds Being Offered

Frome Red

Precious few people on that list to get excited about, though good to see O'Driscoll is the bookies favourite. Donny Rovers are the first 'little' team I have ever seen play us off the park. If he could get our boys passing and moving like that, it would be a pleasure to watch, win, lose or draw (though hopefully win!).

Paul Jewell has something in his personal life that will rule him out I'm sure.

Some of the others have nowhere near as much to offer as the man we have just sacked - what has Jim Magilton ever achieved, for example?

• Admin

Precious few people on that list to get excited about, though good to see O'Driscoll is the bookies favourite. Donny Rovers are the first 'little' team I have ever seen play us off the park. If he could get our boys passing and moving like that, it would be a pleasure to watch, win, lose or draw (though hopefully win!).

Paul Jewell has something in his personal life that will rule him out I'm sure.

Some of the others have nowhere near as much to offer as the man we have just sacked - what has Jim Magilton ever achieved, for example?

I know he's a complete non-starter but McClaren overshadows that entire list.

George Burley has said to have shown interest in the job according to SSN. Hmm, dont know what I make of him being the next manager. Glad to see Curbishly and ODriscoll favourites with Southgate dropping to 5-1. McClaren pleeeeease

Good English up and coming manager, played and managed at the highest level and I'm sure would like a crack at it again, why not give him a chance.?

Because he has never won anything, never achieved promotion and managed to get Middlesborough relegated. Not exactly a great CV! So what if he is English and a young manager.

How about trying to get Harry Redknapp, he'll be bored at Spurs by now, anyway we're bigger than them, well we will be once we get our new stadium. We have 75% of support in Bristol, so it's not so silly. Others have mentioned McLaren, Holloway,Southgate, so why not Harry?

We are sleeping giants like Newcastle

I find this sort of betting very strange. It is not down to the vaguries of chance, it can be controlled.

e.g. SL could have someone already lined up ,so he tells a friend to put his mortgage on X !

The bookies will only take small bets.

How about trying to get Harry Redknapp, he'll be bored at Spurs by now, anyway we're bigger than them, well we will be once we get our new stadium. We have 75% of support in Bristol, so it's not so silly. Others have mentioned McLaren, Holloway,Southgate, so why not Harry?

We are sleeping giants like Newcastle

we are NOT sleeping giants like Newcastle.

we are NOT sleeping giants like Newcastle.

It was irony, stupid boy.

All this talk of big managers, whoever we get will get hammered by the suporters. Name a manager from city that has moved on to better things in the last twenty years.It just doesn't happen, so forget the big names, coz if we get one, he'll be the first to go elsewhere for better things.

The fans expect too much. We are in fact a mid table at best team.

All this talk of big managers, whoever we get will get hammered by the suporters. Name a manager from city that has moved on to better things in the last twenty years.It just doesn't happen, so forget the big names, coz if we get one, he'll be the first to go elsewhere for better things.

Pulis.

Jordan would just sneak in but is being an assistant manager in the Prem considered better than being a manager in the Championship?

I would say he has enough contacts in football because of his time spent along side Harry bankrupt in the prem to make a good go of it.

Anyone noticed how Curbishley's odds have dropped from 12/1 to 4/1 in a matter of hours? hmmmmm do the bookies know something we dont?

Yes, I noticed that. Although, I don't think they know anything other than that people were obviously seeing 12-1 as a good price, and sticking a few quid on. God knows I almost did at that price. Wish I had now...

Archived