IGNORED

Steve Lansdown's View On Anti-gj Otib Clan

Martyn Hocking

You're missing the point that I'm trying to make. GJ has had several years of a lucrative contract snatched away from him. Whether he replaces that income stream with something else in the future is further down the line. If he's angry, he's angry now.

2 years of a lucrative contract and he left by mutual consent, not 'snatched away from him'.

He will replace that income streambefore the end of this year I'm sure, if I were him I wouldn't be too angry.

What he said no matter what the posters on here think on any subject you care to name, unless is libellous, it has no effect on what the board or manager do....been saying that all along. We really aint worth that much, no matter who we are. Robbored, take note.

No need to take note. I completely agree with you.

It amazes me that anyone could seriously think that this forum has any effect on the running of the football club.

It amazes me that anyone could seriously think that this forum has any effect on the running of the football club.

But Steve Lansdown is insinuating that it does. Brian Tinnion before him has suggested the same, that it breeds negativity.

My guess is that what appears on here ultimately had very little influence on GJ's departure but Lansdown is taking the opportunity to express his opinion of bullshit, self important posters such as yourself who have over-inflated ego's and as a result 'assume more importance' than you actually have.

Constant accusations of GJ being a bully made by yourself (and others) and revelling in your infamous 'conference manager' jibe have rubbed people within AG up the wrong way and the sooner you accept that and then take a long hard look at yourself, the better.

So do I take it think Steve Lansdown is lying when he say's it had an influance, remembering it is from the man himself not some nameless source or Chinese whisper

But Steve Lansdown is insinuating that it does. Brian Tinnion before him has suggested the same, that it breeds negativity.

My guess is that what appears on here ultimately had very little influence on GJ's departure but Lansdown is taking the opportunity to express his opinion of bullshit, self important posters such as yourself who have over-inflated ego's and as a result 'assume more importance' than you actually have.

Constant accusations of GJ being a bully made by yourself (and others) and revelling in your infamous 'conference manager' jibe have rubbed people within AG up the wrong way and the sooner you accept that and then take a long hard look at yourself, the better.

I'm just a regular fan, who like most fans have opinions about the football club we all love to bits. Nothing self important about it as far as Im concerned. Just a view thats all.

With infamous 'conference manager' it was other forum users made that into the monster it became. I had no incling it would cause such a storm. At the time it was my opinion, over 4 years ago btw.

The football club is soon to enter a new managerial era. You won't be seeing any judgemental or critical postings from me regardless of who the new manager is.

The king is dead, long live the King.

I think what annoys SL and the true supporters on here the most, is the lies, the false reporting, the negative spin and the chinese whispers on here that drags our club and it's reputation down with it - and then sometimes finds itself on the back-page of the daily-rag ( a gift-send for they're gas editor - who must be pis#ing in his pants)!

At least one thing most of us can agree with is that BCFC would be just a liitle bit better off without 'robbored and his ilk'!

1) Did RR's comments have any influence on SL's decision over GJ leaving, No of course not, 18 months of erratic results and poor performances were the defining factors in that decision.

2) Does GJ know who RR is, of course he does and if he did'nt work it out for himself, i'm sure Adam Baker would have filled him in on that score.

3) Does RR have anything to fear from GJ, Well not if the rumours he peddled on this forum virtually from day zero of GJ's reign at BCFC and repeated on a weekly basis are a) true and b) can be substantiated.

The problem is this forum is within the public domain and as many of us suspect the lazy sports journalists at our local newspaper recycle many of the rumours started on this forum and claim them to be exclusives, The reporting of the dressing room incident at Plymouth is a prime example of that, There was nothing whatsoever in that article that had not been rumoured on this forum and more importantly because this forum is in the public domain and some of the rumours appear in the press, The old adages apply 'no smoke without fire', 'bad smell follows you around' and these I am sure that GJ does not want on his CV.

This could/should serve as a salutary lesson to those posters wishing to peddle rumours.

I'm just a regular fan, who like most fans have opinions about the football club we all love to bits. Nothing self important about it as far as Im concerned. Just a view thats all.

With infamous 'conference manager' it was other forum users made that into the monster it became. I had no incling it would cause such a storm. At the time it was my opinion, over 4 years ago btw.

The football club is soon to enter a new managerial era. You won't be seeing any judgemental or critical postings from me regardless of who the new manager is.

The king is dead, long live the King.

Problem is though you never had "just a view" you had a vendetta. Totally different.

The negativity you spouted was disgraceful. I feel the others just jumped on your bandwagon.

I have considered joining the supporters club, just to tell you that to your face....... maybe one day.

I haven't ploughed through the entire thread so somebody else may have made this point. That is if the internet had existed in Alan Dicks' times he would not have survived the 8 years it took him to achieve what he did. Apart from enjoying chanting "Dicks out!" there was little other outlet for fans' discontent whereas these days the very public drip-drip of complaint becomes a deluge that has it's effect even on someone like Steve, as he has made clear.

Taking the current situation surrounding Man U as another example, those who want to get rid of the Glazers have recruited thousands of supporters world wide, puttiing the club's owners under much more pressure than they once would have been able to.

Apart from the technology (or perhaps in part because of it) there is also now a much more instant gratification culture; a case of "I want the world and I want it now", to coin a phrase. Look how many clubs have suffered however as a result of "chasing the dream" under pressure from fans. Patience is no longer a virtue, in football or elsewhere.:disapointed2se:

Problem is though you never had "just a view" you had a vendetta. Totally different.

The negativity you spouted was disgraceful. I feel the others just jumped on your bandwagon.

I have considered joining the supporters club, just to tell you that to your face....... maybe one day.

I can't say I could agree with all or much of what that Robbored says, I'm not even sure that any single post he raised was so badly negative that you could call it anything but another viewpoint.

BUT

What I believe most people will have a bigger issue with is the frequency that his viewpoint is expressed. On that basis Robbored is an easy target for the blame to laid. He's a beacon for a certain train of though on this forum.

There were/are far more scathing and abusing posts on the forum that I find highly unpleasant, but unless you post them on a daily basis you'll never get the same stigma or coverage as Robbored.

Steve Lansdown never ceases to amaze me. This is an awesome piece of getting right to the heart of the matter. Read it again - he's not questioning the right of people to have views or the forums to exist (which will be a stock retort of those for whom this cuts a little close to the bone) but he is challenging (and rightly so) why some people who engage in such constant negativity feel the need to assume such importance and such a platform for their views.

Anyone who snipes back obviously feels this implies to them, as the wording of his remarks isn't picking on people who simply have a critical opinion, but those who go on and on to attach some importance to it. What's clear from the comments is that he dislikes the effect of negativity (and who can blame him) but that he isn't looking to brush views under the carpet and is not challenging opinion of any type, simply the platform some people give themselves.

If people argue their view and leave it at that, great, you've said your piece and people understand it, it's the people who trot out the same sniping over and over day in day out as if volume of postings give them some sense of importance and elevates their negative view, as he says "they assume greater importance than they deserve and they have a negative effect." And this is before you add in people claiming access to 'facts' or hearsay to fuel their views.

Lansdown pays the bills and knows the facts, everyone else who goes to those lengths to convey negativity are just massaging their own egos because if you only want to convey an opinion, you can do that honestly and move on. If you're hammering the manager for months, saying broadly the same things, it's more about your self-importance than the point. And Lansdown qualifies this by saying it's not about having opinions but assuming such importance.

So it's not an issue of the right of people to have views on forums but the right of a few to drum home their criticism and innuendo relentlessly; all of us can be critical when we need to be, all of us (I hope) can be positive, Lansdown singles out those who consistently look for the platform week in week out for their spite. The most important thing is that without Lansdown we have very little. Some people would do well to take heed of concerns he expresses.

p.s. it's great that he's come out and said it WAS a major influence in this episode (given that some of the most spiteful people on here - as someone else so eloquently put it this week 'are now engaging in collective hand-wringing' of responsibility - apparently what they'd be clamouring for for months is now nothing to do with them...). We have it in writing now that it was, whether its right or wrong for them to read the forum, what once united us, divided us.

Brilliant. One of the best posts i`ve read on this forum for along time, pity about the subject matter.

PDG

1) Did RR's comments have any influence on SL's decision over GJ leaving, No of course not, 18 months of erratic results and poor performances were the defining factors in that decision.

2) Does GJ know who RR is, of course he does and if he did'nt work it out for himself, i'm sure Adam Baker would have filled him in on that score.

3) Does RR have anything to fear from GJ, Well not if the rumours he peddled on this forum virtually from day zero of GJ's reign at BCFC and repeated on a weekly basis are a) true and b) can be substantiated.

The problem is this forum is within the public domain and as many of us suspect the lazy sports journalists at our local newspaper recycle many of the rumours started on this forum and claim them to be exclusives, The reporting of the dressing room incident at Plymouth is a prime example of that, There was nothing whatsoever in that article that had not been rumoured on this forum and more importantly because this forum is in the public domain and some of the rumours appear in the press, The old adages apply 'no smoke without fire', 'bad smell follows you around' and these I am sure that GJ does not want on his CV.

This could/should serve as a salutary lesson to those posters wishing to peddle rumours.

You forgot...`thrown enough shit and some of it is bound to stick`

PDG

Power of the forum? I seem to recall back in the 'rival' days when Lousy Pint was in charge, Tinman was a regular on the board towards the end of that reign, trying to push the fans to get things changed.

Don't underestimate the power of a democratic voice, which this is - fans can say what they like and be honest and bet your mortgage that SL reads this forum and others, or at least gets the gist of what fans are saying. He needs to be 'down with the kids' and this is a covert way of doing it.

So, Steve, if you're readying a job at AG with you for an experienced Exec level consultant with an accountancy qualification and a knowledge of organisational dynamics would be very attractive rolleyes.gif

So, Steve, if you're readying a job at AG with you for an experienced Exec level consultant with an accountancy qualification and a knowledge of organisational dynamics would be very attractive rolleyes.gif

... and I bet you're the life and soul of every party you go to. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Archived