IGNORED

Ziderheads

Henry

• Admin

Ziderheads is a great forum and although I don't post as prolifically on there as I do on here I enjoy reading it and occasionally getting involved in the debates and banter.

But I'm guessing that I'm not alone (especially from the replies to this thread) in being bored of the very small minority of posters on there who use it as a platform to snipe at users on here.

I remember when it was set up it was seen as a moderation free version of OTIB. Would it be going beyond the spirit of the site to set up one rule: do not use ZH to post about OTIB or OTIB's users?

If someone has a problem with a user on here can they not sort it out by PM or just by ignoring that person's existence, afterall they're just one person on the internet, does it really impact your life that much that you need to points score on an internet forum?

I'm sure Ziderheads will be back and continue to provide an alternative platform to the more sanitised OTIB site.

One thing I am sure of, Sean puts a hell of a lot of work into that site & this and is a top fella and doesn't deserve the headaches both sites are causing him at the moment. Also, "North Street" too has put a lot of work into creating & running the ZH site and done much towards the successful re-introduction of the EastEnd for home fans at Ashton Gate, another undeserving of the problems of the past few weeks.

Ziderheads is a great forum and although I don't post as prolifically on there as I do on here I enjoy reading it and occasionally getting involved in the debates and banter.

But I'm guessing that I'm not alone (especially from the replies to this thread) in being bored of the very small minority of posters on there who use it as a platform to snipe at users on here.

I remember when it was set up it was seen as a moderation free version of OTIB. Would it be going beyond the spirit of the site to set up one rule: do not use ZH to post about OTIB or OTIB's users?

If someone has a problem with a user on here can they not sort it out by PM or just by ignoring that person's existence, afterall they're just one person on the internet, does it really impact your life that much that you need to points score on an internet forum?

I'm sure Ziderheads will be back and continue to provide an alternative platform to the more sanitised OTIB site.

One thing I am sure of, Sean puts a hell of a lot of work into that site & this and is a top fella and doesn't deserve the headaches both sites are causing him at the moment. Also, "North Street" too has put a lot of work into creating & running the ZH site and done much towards the successful re-introduction of the EastEnd for home fans at Ashton Gate, another undeserving of the problems of the past few weeks.

Can assure them both it is very much appreciated!!!!

Sean dont close the site down will you? Your site has helped with the opening of the east end, the flags not to mention all the tireless effort you put into the site to keep it running. Surely these individuals can sort things out like adults instead of endless bitching?? At the end of the day we are all fans who support the sam team? Its a forum your not going to have everyone agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion!!

Why not draw a line and start again. Theres more to life surely?!

I had 8 in the time I was at the pub last night. The last just actually picking up on a post I made with the report of 'He's a ****'

Suffice to say sooner or later the likes of CH & Myself will give up and there will be no forums for City fans. It's the minority ruining it for the majority.

I don't think the work the admin and mods do goes unnoticed or unappreciated, its got to be like baby sitting 100 screaming kids I bet somtimes and a lot can appreciate how testing that could be, but please dont give up on us, we're all mostly good and polite :innocent06:

Bristol City needs otib and Ziderheads :trumpet:

There are a lot of regular and respected poster on here, maybe you guys should consider another recruitment drive for mods, i'm sure there are a few people who would be capable and willing, I dunno though, It does often seem a thankless task, but maybe you could use the help.

Just like to add that I ,too, would be very sorry to see Ziderheads remain offline.

Some top posters on there with constructive views on such important topics such as :

The club's direction, the new stadium, the acadamy(!), as well as the day to day stuff.

Hopefully it will be back soon.

CodeRed

The report button hit by posters trying to score points is being abused, i got 63 pm's all reports this week alone,

on this site people need to agree to disagree sometimes and all this spite is not healthy for anyone, a report,

abuse, he's a cock errrrrr bored.gif .

Software probably doesn't allow but selectively removing the button from abusers would help. :)

Gotta remember that forums are practically designed for flame wars. Anonymous posting, everyone wanting the last word and very, very easy to dehumanise & misinterpret others. Issuing increasingly long temporary bans would quickly make posters think twice before making something personal.

Anyway, I've modded forums much easier than this and they were difficult enough. So you should get like a little trophy just for persisting. :winner_third_h4h:

It's a good site and there are indeed some excellent posters on there.

It's the constant sniping about OTIB and it's posters that puts me off posting on it it - plus the excessive swearing seemingly for the sake of it, but maybe that's just me showing my age.

The fact is that many posters on Ziderheads have either been banned from OTIB or gone off in a huff after an argument, so go on there to moan about it, creating a 'them and us' attitude on there which means you almost need to detest OTIB to fit in.

When Edson left his post there was talk of amnesties, reconcilliation, and a fresh start.

Not sure how far this came into effect - or even if people actually wanted to return - but perhaps starting afresh, letting bygones be bygones, and encouraging a few strays back into the fold would relieve the animosity and improve both sites.

Not sure how far this came into effect - or even if people actually wanted to return - but perhaps starting afresh, letting bygones be bygones, and encouraging a few strays back into the fold would relieve the animosity and improve both sites.

Some people have returned, most weren't fussed. The trouble is, there are a few who will never be welcome back on here and they are the ones hell bent on causing the trouble to the point where you now have ZH off-line.

It's sad to think that people get that worked up about a message board/forum but there you go.

I hope ZH returns, maybe those miniority hell bent on causing frictions between the two sites might be a little more respective. The Admin & Mods of both sites get on and work fine and we never seem to think we are in a competition/battle. Some seem to just sit on ZH and moan about here and how annoying it is. Well if that's the case then I have a suggestion don't read it.

My thoughts are, that I am beginning to wonder if we all want the same thing? We are talking about 2 Bristol City forums here, I think there would be less bitching and threats if we were taling about City & Gas, so what does that say! Oddly it seems to have got even worse since Gary went, when we all should be pulling together.

Surely both forums can run alongside eachother, we are not in competition and never have been. I wouldn't want that. People on both forums work hard, and if these sites go there is no alternative, what then? Maybe some thought needed before it's too late?

Some people have returned, most weren't fussed. The trouble is, there are a few who will never be welcome back on here and they are the ones hell bent on causing the trouble to the point where you now have ZH off-line.

Tom, just out of interest, if someone is banned from here do they get an explanation of why? Maybe the person / people concerned have not been informed hence why they are hostile towards Otib?? dunno.gif

CH, please get Ziderheads back on line again asap, it is a fantastic forum and used, mainly, by like minded adults who seem to share the same sense of humour and passion for Bristol City.

I dont post on here much nowadays, and, if I am honest, always head to Ziderheads before this site. The reason for that is the lack of bitching at other posters and although their are less posters on Ziderheads, the quality of the post / poster is better in my opinion. Ziderheads gain is Otib's loss though with the likes of Arn, Tin, Bristol Boy (etc) posting on there instead of on this site.

Cheers

Here's to a good performance on the pitch tonight!! city.gif

Don't post as much as I used to on either site but I used to enjoy them both and the banter always seemed reasonably friendly despite people being banned for heinous crimes such as going on about Oliver Cromwell too much

I have noticed an increase in the bitterness level lately , which to be honest is one of the things putting me off posting as much as I used to. I miss all the ludicrous arguments about Aaron Brown playing for Tamworth and the like.

What happened ? :disapointed2se:

Would be a great shame if it stayed offline, there are some good posters on there that dont come on here and I enjoy reading their views and comments about all things City and all the other non City stuff that gets discussed on ZH.

Sam,

I think there is a mistake in the caption to your picture.

It says it is Adge Cutler, but looks more like a photo of Steve Lansdown dressed up as a wurzel for the club's Christmas fancy dress party.

Don't post as much as I used to on either site but I used to enjoy them both and the banter always seemed reasonably friendly despite people being banned for heinous crimes such as going on about Oliver Cromwell too much

I have noticed an increase in the bitterness level lately , which to be honest is one of the things putting me off posting as much as I used to. I miss all the ludicrous arguments about Aaron Brown playing for Tamworth and the like.

What happened ? :disapointed2se:

Wow - the return of the semi-legendary CiderEagle. This is MAJOR NEWS.

I fully appreciate the job the Admins do on both sites - it is a thankless task and must be just like starting work again every evening.

Moderators are however protesting too much. Last time there was a call for mods on OTIB there was a queue. People want to do it and whilst most mods behave in a mature way, Maesknoll Red for example, it can be spoilt by the odd Edson-a-like going power mad.

If there is a shortage of mods I nominate nibor, I am sure there will be plenty of other decent posters happy to do it as well.

Personally, i think there are some very good posters over on Ziderheads, with great knowledge and love for the club.

When i first joined i honestly thought i was dealing with a load of crazed and caged maniacs, 95% with tourettes, but admit i was wrong, a hell of a lot of posters can debate to a very high standard, included in that are the modertors who always like to give it their best shot!!

Hopefully, it will be allowed to show its face again.

Absolutely. I use both forums regularly, and when ZH first started it was clearly trying (and succeeding) to be different from OTIB, as an alternative area where like-minded people could debate things a bit differently. I know several posters have said that it has a bit more of a pub-feel to it, where you can get away with bad language and some of the topics were more for a grown-up audience. I do feel in the last few months it has gone off the boil a bit, as people have already said there seems to have been an influx of people who were either banned or got fed up of OTIB, yet use it purely as a vehicle to have a go at OTIB. I'm sure CH & the regulars on there will agree that ZH was never set up for that purpose, and there's no reason why the two forums can't sit side by side, serving slightly different purposes. There's more than enough people who post regularly on both forums, so I hope that it comes back soon, though I can fully understand why CH (and TomF with this place) feel like packing it in sometimes.

Agree mate.

Why don't they just ban whoever's stirring this crap up? I know that goes against the ZH ethos but one or two posters, and I can think who they might be, shouldn't ruin it for everyone else.

That is all.

Agree with this too. I know that ZH is seen as a bit more lenient than here with regards to banning etc, but when there are a handful who are dragging the site down, or causing good posters to stop posting and CH to consider jacking it in, then something should be done.

• Admin

Wow - the return of the semi-legendary CiderEagle. This is MAJOR NEWS.

I fully appreciate the job the Admins do on both sites - it is a thankless task and must be just like starting work again every evening.

Moderators are however protesting too much. Last time there was a call for mods on OTIB there was a queue. People want to do it and whilst most mods behave in a mature way, Maesknoll Red for example, it can be spoilt by the odd Edson-a-like going power mad.

If there is a shortage of mods I nominate nibor, I am sure there will be plenty of other decent posters happy to do it as well.

Edson was actually an Admin too and, to be fair, was prepared to take most of the flak on behalf of all of us, because not all of us wanted the hassle and upset of being the one wielding the "ban-hammer" as it invariably leads to a fairly nasty response from the recipient...

For example, I once received a response telling me to "Go careful next time I visit the Gate". Now whilst I accepted that it was more than likely an empty threat, it's not exactly a great encouragement to myself and the other mods/admin to keep the board online during times of high passion.

Edson was actually an Admin too and, to be fair, was prepared to take most of the flak on behalf of all of us, because not all of us wanted the hassle and upset of being the one wielding the "ban-hammer" as it invariably leads to a fairly nasty response from the recipient...

For example, I once received a response telling me to "Go careful next time I visit the Gate". Now whilst I accepted that it was more than likely an empty threat, it's not exactly a great encouragement to myself and the other mods/admin to keep the board online during times of high passion.

Madger, what annoyed me about Edson was his repeatedly locking topics because he didn't like certain threads "We've had enough of that disucssion". That's beyond moderation, that's treating it as your personal board.

There were big moderation problems on another board I'm on, I actually linked to the pinned & locked thread on here that was used by mods to explain, unemotionally, bans and deletions as I thought it was a great idea. Shame that went.

That board ended up shielding the mods by having an anonymous "The Moderators" id and disabling PMs to all named mods, even the popular ones. Not a fan of that though.

• Admin

Madger, what annoyed me about Edson was his repeatedly locking topics because he didn't like certain threads "We've had enough of that disucssion". That's beyond moderation, that's treating it as your personal board.

There were big moderation problems on another board I'm on, I actually linked to the pinned & locked thread on here that was used by mods to explain, unemotionally, bans and deletions as I thought it was a great idea. Shame that went.

That board ended up shielding the mods by having an anonymous "The Moderators" id and disabling PMs to all named mods, even the popular ones. Not a fan of that though.

I understand where you are coming from but I can tell you as a fact, that on several occasions, "edson" took the flak upon himself for a moderating decision, to save the mod in question from the inevitable mauling. Of course, you don't see that, so you come to certain conclusions. However, if you saw it from our side, you would see what a good team we are (:whistle2:) and how we come to decisions.

Anyway, kick off is fast approaching, I really must dash off to the gate now. COYR!!:city:

Its a shame a forum that was once such a good laugh has become full of moaning dicks and unfunny morons.

Bring back the sub!

Aint that the truth Moomin'. last time I looked on there a lot of moaners from here, were moaning on there! :bored:

CH, I thought the newbies got to read and agree with conditions when you signed up. seem to recollect back in the day when ya started it all up we had to.

Keep the site up and running, its different to this site, and no less valid.

different folks for different strokes

I had 8 in the time I was at the pub last night. The last just actually picking up on a post I made with the report of 'He's a ****'

Suffice to say sooner or later the likes of CH & Myself will give up and there will be no forums for City fans. It's the minority ruining it for the majority.

Wow, im sorry but this post perceives you to be very arrogant. So without you there wouldnt be a forum for Bristol City fans??

Im sorry but if you decided to shut this place down them im sure out of the thousands that use this forum another one could be made, (albeit more rough) with thousands of city fans needing a new forum, it wouldnt take long for a replacement.

And regarding the comment "He's a ****". Is it not ok that somebody may have taken offense to that?? Or is it not ok because it was you who said it?

Wow, im sorry but this post perceives you to be very arrogant. So without you there wouldnt be a forum for Bristol City fans??

Im sorry but if you decided to shut this place down them im sure out of the thousands that use this forum another one could be made, (albeit more rough) with thousands of city fans needing a new forum, it wouldnt take long for a replacement.

Yes, there has always been a leading City forum which is down to the individual effort of the administrators. Going back there was in order:

The City Rovers forum (Ian somebody, went on to become gas website editor)

Rob Fernandez's Net Centre, which became part of Rivals

OTIB

Ziderheads

Why they lead is down to a mixture of admin (reliability & speed of software rather than whistles and bells), moderation (ban /delete where necessary and also to get rid of spoilers) quality of posters attracted.

I'd rate the current two as follows:

OTIB:

Admin: good

Moderating: medium (doesn't get rid of spoilers)

Posters: good

Ziderheads:

Admin: good

Moderating: good

Posters: medium

So I use both.

And regarding the comment "He's a ****". Is it not ok that somebody may have taken offense to that?? Or is it not ok because it was you who said it?

That's not what Tom said.

Atticus, I agree with a lot of your content.

Consider this, Tom F, Edson, Cider Head have been together in the modern age cyber space connection for a while. They have given us a BCFC connection in a a new age media we never had before. Nobody is irreplacable in any form, including the Prime Minister.

Otib's posting standards have dropped alarmingly in the past year. Its becoming unreadable, so I relocated with Ziderheads. I found some of the worst of Otib had relocated there. The same self indulgent nonsense and the thing is, these nauseous individuals dont even realise how absolutely horrendous they are. Just ban them from both forums. If you have a sore, a wart. a canker, you cut it out......... DO IT !

I think you've missed my point, I was more suggesting that it's a thankless task. I'm sure another one could rise from the ashes..

Regarding the comment, it was that the person who reported the post simply put 'He's a ***t' as the reported comment in relation to a simple post made by myself.

I dunno yet, most on there are fine it's just one or two who can't leave things alone and for their own good (not mine) it's shut (for now) as a certain poster could well have been looking at legal action for some posts, the person it's aimed at was getting peed off with it, i could leave it and think sod you get sued but i'm just trying to protect

both parties, people can't see this when us mods/admin do moderate posts.

You have worked wonders for the club and fans :chant6ez: it is however a shame a few fools it seems have ruined it for the rest of us; and I would hope you would reconsider a.s.a.p. :fingerscrossed:

Archived