IGNORED

Ziderheads

Henry

Already missing the banter hugely CH, hope you reconsider soon mate.

Also, hand's gone claw shaped from all the wanking i'm doing to fill the time i used to spend on ZH (I'm typing this with a pencil taped to my head). Help!

rofl2br.gif nice one Red Roo , see what your missing CH,sign09.gif can you put us back on linepraying%20smiley.gif

Edson was actually an Admin too and, to be fair, was prepared to take most of the flak on behalf of all of us, because not all of us wanted the hassle and upset of being the one wielding the "ban-hammer" as it invariably leads to a fairly nasty response from the recipient...

For example, I once received a response telling me to "Go careful next time I visit the Gate". Now whilst I accepted that it was more than likely an empty threat, it's not exactly a great encouragement to myself and the other mods/admin to keep the board online during times of high passion.

To be fair, those pavements round the ground couldget slippy when it was frosty.

whistle.gif

Tom, just out of interest, if someone is banned from here do they get an explanation of why? Maybe the person / people concerned have not been informed hence why they are hostile towards Otib?? dunno.gif

Sorry only just noticed this, wasn't ignoring it.

It depends on the circumstances. If its a troll or a spammer they are not worthy of getting a message. They know they will be banned shortly after arriving.

In most other cases yes. Some posters would have you believe they've done nothing wrong when they know full well why they were removed from the site, yet they will viciously make up stories on the contray to make you believe they are the victims. As a result its people like this who've made ZH go offline as a result of their uncontrollable hatrid of OTIB (yet with a even bigger desire to be let back on). I hope they feel particularly proud of themselves.

I hope ZH returns as it's a very good alternative to OTIB and one I read on a daily basis too. Maybe it needs to return to its old subber routes to find its way once more? Whatever I will still remain supportive and help out where I can.

It depends on the circumstances. If its a troll or a spammer they are not worthy of getting a message. They know they will be banned shortly after arriving.

In most other cases yes. Some posters would have you believe they've done nothing wrong when they know full well why they were removed from the site, yet they will viciously make up stories on the contray to make you believe they are the victims. As a result its people like this who've made ZH go offline as a result of their uncontrollable hatrid of OTIB (yet with a even bigger desire to be let back on). I hope they feel particularly proud of themselves.

I hope ZH returns as it's a very good alternative to OTIB and one I read on a daily basis too. Maybe it needs to return to its old subber routes to find its way once more? Whatever I will still remain supportive and help out where I can.

it all makes sense now

Can't believe people criticise Tom, Ian and other mods - this forum is now my prime source of City news and I would be gutted if it was closed down or left unmoderated.

The level of banter/abuse is acceptable 99% of the time. On the other 1% of posts, it's great to have the 'report' option. I've probably used it about 10 times in the last 5 years (bit more frequently lately during the GJ out rows). Happy to leave amy follow up action to mods.

Anyone who thinks it would be easy to replace Otib is mistaken - just look at the garbage forums other clubs run.

I understand where you are coming from but I can tell you as a fact, that on several occasions, "edson" took the flak upon himself for a moderating decision, to save the mod in question from the inevitable mauling. Of course, you don't see that, so you come to certain conclusions. However, if you saw it from our side, you would see what a good team we are (:whistle2:) and how we come to decisions.

In most other cases yes. Some posters would have you believe they've done nothing wrong when they know full well why they were removed from the site, yet they will viciously make up stories on the contray to make you believe they are the victims.

I've suggested this before but it seems appropriate to do it again.

Why not make moderation/admin decisions (all of them) public?

Do it in a locked thread, no arguing about it rule strictly enforced, make it clear to everyone the reason decisions are made.

The transparency will get rid of any suspicion and the ability of certain people to pretend they are victims will vanish.

It may even help the mods and admins to be more consistent.

Well its fairly obvious that Sean and the rest of the mods over there are seriously peed off, as i thought the site would be up and running by now.

Its also a crying shame, as many can have a laugh in work/away from work just to try and put a smile on another day.

Perhaps the reason for the shut down in a lot deeper than the bitching and inappropriate posts. For instance is there a funding problem to keep the forum up and running?

I should imagine it must be ridiculousy difficult to try and run and moderate a forum, when at times it becomes childish and even hostile. I wouldnt want to

do it, and can understand 100% if these lads want to call it a day. After all, these people also have personal and private lifes to lead.

Still a bloody shame though!

Well its fairly obvious that Sean and the rest of the mods over there are seriously peed off, as i thought the site would be up and running by now.

Its also a crying shame, as many can have a laugh in work/away from work just to try and put a smile on another day.

Perhaps the reason for the shut down in a lot deeper than the bitching and inappropriate posts. For instance is there a funding problem to keep the forum up and running?

I should imagine it must be ridiculousy difficult to try and run and moderate a forum, when at times it becomes childish and even hostile. I wouldnt want to

do it, and can understand 100% if these lads want to call it a day. After all, these people also have personal and private lifes to lead.

Funding should be ok, Arn. We had a whip round last year.

It's not funding related in anyway. I've always extended the offer that we'd help out if things got really bad. I'm sure Sean will reopen and explain more in due course.

Do it in a locked thread, no arguing about it rule strictly enforced, make it clear to everyone the reason decisions are made.

The transparency will get rid of any suspicion and the ability of certain people to pretend they are victims will vanish.

..and it would be funny reading :yawn:

But yeah, I agree in the principle entirely.

To be honest the amount of actual user ban recently is very few. It is maybe an idea though to think about. As long as that said user doesn't then go over to ZH and moan I've been banned. I think that's the sort of think that made quite a few people on ZH fed up.

To be honest the amount of actual user ban recently is very few. It is maybe an idea though to think about. As long as that said user doesn't then go over to ZH and moan I've been banned. I think that's the sort of think that made quite a few people on ZH fed up.

spot on

Sorry double postigiveup.gif

Not sure we still have it, but I remember a pinned thread giving reasons about threads being locked, maybe bring that back and include a ban/ suspended list, it would be interesting to see, It would be funny to read the details and know who's not posting for what reason, like what happened to Malone, is he banned or did he just chip off? A banned list would furnish me with that information. :)

Not sure we still have it, but I remember a pinned thread giving reasons about threads being locked, maybe bring that back and include a ban/ suspended list, it would be interesting to see, It would be funny to read the details and know who's not posting for what reason, like what happened tobadmood.gif Malone, is he banned or did he just chip off? A banned list would furnish me with that information. smile.gif

don't start that mucker, i think thats what got us here in the first placeshutup.gif

At least I know what an alcoholic feels like when waiting for the Weatherspoon's doors to open at 9am every morning now!

:igiveup:

You've taken to drinking in Weatherspoons waiting for ZH to come back online????? You poor sod - someone should answer for that.

Thanks Tom, that makes things alot clearer to me about what has happened....

Not sure we still have it, but I remember a pinned thread giving reasons about threads being locked, maybe bring that back and include a ban/ suspended list, it would be interesting to see, It would be funny to read the details and know who's not posting for what reason, like what happened to Malone, is he banned or did he just chip off? A banned list would furnish me with that information. :)

No comment on that one.... tumbleweed.gif

don't start that mucker, i think thats what got us here in the first placeshutup.gif

Aint that the truth mucker! shutup.gif

Agree mucker , ya don't realise what ya got til its gonecrying.gif

Should we start a campaign? "Bring back Ziderheads!!" ?????

When Ziderheads was set up to replace the old Subcider site we attempted to get away from the supposed elitist label that we were wrongly being tagged with.

Remember that this came out of a group of lads who travelled away together and were a good and tight knit crowd, CH wanted to provide a decent alternative forum where you could vent your spleen somewhat more forcibly than on OTIB.

The idea was to broaden the spectrum of poster input whilst allowing the opportunity to lobby for such worthy causes as opening the East End.

Encouraging positive support and inviting ideas to improve the atmosphere and put fun back into football were amongst the prime objectives.

Other posters have identified the fact that it has become a bitching ground for refugees from OTIB or simply an area where you could slag off without the fear of being banned.

As a contributor to the funding and a moderator of ZH I applaud CH for having the bottle to take a temporary breather and let things calm down.

If the guilty can take a long hard look at what they have caused then it will be well worth it

Come on Sean,

Please, please, please get ZH up and running again.

The irony of the shutting down of ZH caused by an OTIB board invasion , and a lot of us now posting on this thread isn't lost on us. But see what you have driven us to???

Surely if there are potentiatlly libellous posts on ZH, just delete the topic, ban the posters and move on??

Surely the actions of 3 people(I'm guessing, and I have a fair idea who they may be) shouldn't be enough to disillusion your good self to the extent where you walk away from it all??

If its a moderation question, then have a moderator drive to help spread your work-load??;

Get people to agree to ZH to be an OTIB free zone, perhaps a reminder on the log-in page with a tick box agreeing to it?

Come on Sean, you know you want to......

Up the reds.

Come on Sean,

Please, please, please get ZH up and running again.

The irony of the shutting down of ZH caused by an OTIB board invasion , and a lot of us now posting on this thread isn't lost on us. But see what you have driven us to???

Surely if there are potentiatlly libellous posts on ZH, just delete the topic, ban the posters and move on??

Surely the actions of 3 people(I'm guessing, and I have a fair idea who they may be) shouldn't be enough to disillusion your good self to the extent where you walk away from it all??

If its a moderation question, then have a moderator drive to help spread your work-load??;

Get people to agree to ZH to be an OTIB free zone, perhaps a reminder on the log-in page with a tick box agreeing to it?

Come on Sean, you know you want to......

Up the reds.

Excellent post mate, from Ziderheads finest!

Funny that all of us feel so deep about the forum.

Bout time it is up and running now mucker!!!!

Archived