IGNORED

Tyson On Gerken

BITW

There was plenty of contact make no mistake, non of which you will find in the rules of Association football. I dont much care whether the challange was with intent or not, the point that I beleive that often gets missed in these circumstances whilst people feels sorry for the person who made the "challange" is that it was clearly foul play. The ball had gone and the challange was late and no where near the ball. It was serious foul play and should have been a straight red card, the fact that Tyson was only booked is a now a double whammy as the FA cannot look at it again.

I've seen plenty of red cards given for less than that. I'm no different from most I quite enjoy the physical side of the game and hard challanges are all part and parcel, but when that crosses the line whether with intent or not and causes a foul it needs to be delt with properly, the joke is that JCR got the same punishment today for disputing a throw in with the Assistant Ref...please explain how both incidents result in the same punishment, becuase its something I can never get to grips with, espeiclay if Gerkin as someone has posted has multiple fractures.

Agree 100%. If Riaz thinks that to believe Tyson should get red is advocating that football is a non contact sport then he is in cloud cuckoo land.

There was plenty of contact make no mistake, non of which you will find in the rules of Association football. I dont much care whether the challange was with intent or not, the point that I beleive that often gets missed in these circumstances whilst people feels sorry for the person who made the "challange" is that it was clearly foul play. The ball had gone and the challange was late and no where near the ball. It was serious foul play and should have been a straight red card, the fact that Tyson was only booked is a now a double whammy as the FA cannot look at it again.

I've seen plenty of red cards given for less than that. I'm no different from most I quite enjoy the physical side of the game and hard challanges are all part and parcel, but when that crosses the line whether with intent or not and causes a foul it needs to be delt with properly, the joke is that JCR got the same punishment today for disputing a throw in with the Assistant Ref...please explain how both incidents result in the same punishment, becuase its something I can never get to grips with, espeiclay if Gerkin as someone has posted has multiple fractures.

The point I'm making is that all 3 deserved red cards. That is what I would call taking responsibility.

You clearly have misunderstood my point, and if you think I am advocating making football a non contact sport because I believe Shawcross should have got a red card then you need to think before you post.

Agree 100%. If Riaz thinks that to believe Tyson should get red is advocating that football is a non contact sport then he is in cloud cuckoo land.

Of course he deserves a red card - my point is there is no intent and players have to go for the 50/50 and sometimes there will be these nasty injuries

Of course he deserves a red card - my point is there is no intent and players have to go for the 50/50 and sometimes there will be these nasty injuries

Its 50 / 50 if the ball is still there my view is and I'll happily say I was wrong once I've seen it again, is that Gerkin had cleared the ball. I agree in the situation you have posted I wouldn't argue but as I say I think this incident is different from that.

I think it was just one of those incidents that happens in the game, 50:50 though defiantly should of been sent off seeing as I'm sure had his foot towards Gerken who was always going to slide for the ball too. It's funny though as when we first signed Maynard this is the sort of tackles he would go in for lunging and sliding forward sometimes it not working out.

Fair enough - I agree with that, but Tyson and others should think before they recklessly dive in like that. It's not acceptable to say he was going for the ball etc, these players have to learn that they cannot make any tackle they want to simply under the 'i was going for the ball' proviso, on that logic they essentially have a licence to make any challenge they wish by saying they were going for the ball.

• Admin

I'm just glad that Gerken's safety was not called into question by Tyson's challenge. If it had then that would have been "serious foul play" and the only punishment for that is a red card.

Hope your broken collarbone heals soon Gerks. :fingerscrossed:

I hope that club get what they deserve this season ...... f *** all after what we witnessed today.

I can't remember ever witnessing opposition fans chanting the name of their player while his victim is still lying on the ground unconscious and even after he got stretchered off. Banter is one thing, but to take pleasure and take the pi*55 when a player gets carried off proves what scum they are.

Guest supereds

50-50 challenge but unlucky for the keeper he got injured no malice intended u lot are just bitter becasue ur a small team with no history now piss off back to league 2 where u belong.. billy davies red and white army!!!

50-50 challenge but unlucky for the keeper he got injured no malice intended u lot are just bitter becasue ur a small team with no history now piss off back to league 2 where u belong.. billy davies red and white army!!!

Wow you seem smart. *****.

I nearly ran out of breath reading that!

I think you need to go back to school and actually attend some English lessons.

Hey guys, forest fan in peace here :)

First off i hope the your keeper makes a swift and speedy recovery, sounded like he was badly hurt unfortunately, i honestly feel it was two players challenging for the ball, but unfortunately the slippery conditions on the pitch because of the rain made it a lot worse than it would have been normally, but i can understand why you might be upset about losing your keeper. Though im sure there were some idiot fans who reacted stupidly ( there always is for any team, lets be fair :D ) im sure most of my fellow Forest fans feel the same way, i actually felt the ref had a good game, i dont think perches foul in the first half was a red, and if it was, the foul by your guy Skuse would have had to be as well. We are just glad to get rid of that stupid away losing streak, im sure thats what most of the cheering and anything else was about. as i say, a speedy recovery tou your keeper.

Seemed a pretty terrible tackle from where I was sitting- though front of Atyeo, not best view. Will be interesting to see it tonight.

Also, why only 6 minutes stoppage time?? 9 or 10 seemed about right!! Finally, apparently a Forest player made a gesture towards the Atyeo when walking off- incitement!?!

I was at the other end of the Dolman so untill i see the Tv tonight i cant really comment. One certain thing is that when making any sliding challenge on such a wet pitch it is impossible to pull out halfway through. Tyson doesnt seem the sort of player to "do" another pro, but i guess we will see later on tv.

Firstly I wasn't there nor have I seen any replay so I'm in no position to say who's right or wrong. But had that challenge happened in the centre circle between 2 midfielders would people be in such uproar? Given the weather today any form of sliding tackle was going to be dangerous to some degree but does that mean players shouldn't attempt those types of tackles? I'm not condoning Tyson and I do feel if you don't take the ball and cause serious injury you should be looking at a red but I don't think hysteria helps the situation.

i was sat in the dolman and from there the incident looked nasty.

to me it seemed like a stupid challenge by tyson,he didnt need to go for it like he did.what did surprise me is the way forest reacted after gerken went off.they constantly fouled us and the game got very fiesty.

the thing is if tyson would of been sent off would forest have constantly fouled us like they did? i dont think so.

get well soon deano!!

great save by him too in the 2nd half,kept us in the game.

As someone who sits about 3/4 of the way back, in the middle of the Dolman, it seemed to me that Tyson went in totally committed to challenge for the ball, but in doing so he had his feet up towards the player he was challenging and is therefore guilty of dangerous play. Therefore a red card may well have been given by another ref.

However what this type of incident highlights is the ridiculous rule regarding substitutions.

The position of GK should be covered by a separate dedicated substitute in addition to the usual number of outfield subs, currently 3.

The injury to Gerken was not only a serious loss to our team, it also gave Notts Forest a clear advantage which they did not deserve.

Fortunately they did not have the ability to test the Hoff and we did well to play time out for the point, but it spoilt what was left of the game in the last few mins.

The injury to Gerken was not only a serious loss to our team, it also gave Notts Forest a clear advantage which they did not deserve.

I think this is a very fair point.

I also hate it when you are defending a free-kick or corner and through no fault of your own you lose one of your defenders to injury who is waiting to come back on but can't until play begins again.

Seemed a pretty terrible tackle from where I was sitting- though front of Atyeo, not best view. Will be interesting to see it tonight.

Also, why only 6 minutes stoppage time?? 9 or 10 seemed about right!! Finally, apparently a Forest player made a gesture towards the Atyeo when walking off- incitement!?!

Mr. Pop , the 4th official held up the board saying 6 mins as the clock struck 90 mins, and Gerken was still being treated. The board has to go up on 90 mins regardless and at that time 6 mins had been wasted. Gerken was down for longer than that, plus the injury to Campbell-Ryce just after. We actually ended up playing about 10 minutes of injury time, so actually the ref was correct.

Hey guys, forest fan in peace here :)

First off i hope the your keeper makes a swift and speedy recovery, sounded like he was badly hurt unfortunately, i honestly feel it was two players challenging for the ball, but unfortunately the slippery conditions on the pitch because of the rain made it a lot worse than it would have been normally, but i can understand why you might be upset about losing your keeper. Though im sure there were some idiot fans who reacted stupidly ( there always is for any team, lets be fair :D ) im sure most of my fellow Forest fans feel the same way, i actually felt the ref had a good game, i dont think perches foul in the first half was a red, and if it was, the foul by your guy Skuse would have had to be as well. We are just glad to get rid of that stupid away losing streak, im sure thats what most of the cheering and anything else was about. as i say, a speedy recovery tou your keeper.

Havent seen it again yet but it didn't look good, think it was one of those, there was no intent, but i'd say it was reckless and probably deserved a red, Tyson was clearly upset by it, you could see that the poor bloke was white as a sheet as he came off, he's not that type of player, and i wouldn't hold it against him.

Davies on the other hand is a horrible little shite, your a decent side and play some good stuff at time, but i'm struggling to think of a more dirty side we have played this season, Morgans clothesline on Maynard, which the ref ignored was frankly a joke, lots of niggly fouls, and especially after the Gerken injury some more shocking challenges, it's a wonder you finished the game with 11 men.

Now, a doctor I'm not - but surely a fractured shoulder must be at least as bad as a broken collarbone? Either way, they both sound bloody painful.

I'm not saying it's not painful, but at least it isn't a full break!!! That's all I was saying. I've also read on here that some people thinks he's got a broken arm. So a fracture is better than all of the above don't you think?

Archived