IGNORED

Tyson On Gerken

BITW

Mr. Pop , the 4th official held up the board saying 6 mins as the clock struck 90 mins, and Gerken was still being treated. The board has to go up on 90 mins regardless and at that time 6 mins had been wasted. Gerken was down for longer than that, plus the injury to Campbell-Ryce just after. We actually ended up playing about 10 minutes of injury time, so actually the ref was correct.

Ah right KingPin, thanks for clarifying. I was a bit het up at the time and concerned about Gerken hence didn't really pay a great deal of attention to the added time I guess.

As I've said I believed it to be a 50:50 that Gerkin just about won and that sadly mean he came off worse. If you start telling me that players can't go for those kind of balls then you might as well make it a non-contact sport. Injuries like this will always happen and are part of the game.

If it was reckless and dangerous then fair enough but I won't know for sure until I see a replay.

`

Nope, no doubt about it Tyson went in with intent. both were entitled to go for it. Tyson went FLYING in though. Should have been a straight red, but given the bollockless referees performance all afternoon, it was not a surprise it wasnt red.

as for the shiteating Davies bloke, hardly a surprise his antics really **** that he is..

Looked like a 60/40 challenge to me in Gearkin's favour, Tyson probably knew he'd be a bit late but chanced his arm hoping the ref would miss it, sure many strikers would have done the same in those conditions, sure he didn't mean to hurt Deano but he probably knew he would rough him up a bit, no excuse but not an unusual occurence in games.

Can't comment on any individual player reactions as not close enough, though would hardly expect the Forest fans not to support there own player whatever the outcome.

I'm not saying it's not painful, but at least it isn't a full break!!! That's all I was saying. I've also read on here that some people thinks he's got a broken arm. So a fracture is better than all of the above don't you think?

Surely he must have had concussion also, looked pretty unconcious to me !

Or can you be knocked unconcious but not be concussed ?

Seems strange the hospital have sent him home, thought they'd have kept him in overnight.

I'm not saying it's not painful, but at least it isn't a full break!!! That's all I was saying. I've also read on here that some people thinks he's got a broken arm. So a fracture is better than all of the above don't you think?

I think you'll find a fracture and a break are one and the same, example a fractured neck of femur is more commonly known as a broken hip. In fact some of the most serious breaks are known as fracture, namely compound fractures (where the bone breaks through the skin and juts out)

50-50 challenge but unlucky for the keeper he got injured no malice intended u lot are just bitter becasue ur a small team with no history now piss off back to league 2 where u belong.. billy davies red and white army!!!

Brian Clough would be turning in his grave if he read what you are trying to say. He was a fine manager. You were well out of your depth when he took your team into Europe. Your still out of your depth in this league thats why you resort to dirty play & try to end other team players careers to achive success.

The reason you resort to dirty play or unsportmanship play was because we as a football team who are a huge huge threat to you & your very poor manager who has alott to learn in his trade. He has a long way to go to reach what he regards as succes in his own working career & if the truth be known your team will not be big enough to help him get there. Deep down in his own heart i bet he wish's he was still with Derby County where his would have a much much better chance of succes.

Sorry to tell you but you must learn the truth from some where.

God knows mate, I wouldn't want either to be fair! I was under the impression that a clean break will normally heal quicker than a fracture? But, like I said, I'm no doctor!

I think you'll find a fracture and a break are one and the same, example a fractured neck of femur is more commonly known as a broken hip. In fact some of the most serious breaks are known as fracture, namely compound fractures (where the bone breaks through the skin and juts out)

Cue a gory link from DaveL?dunno.gifdevil.gif

Thought Forest were pretty disgraceful today.

Their Manager has achieved iconic status for being a bit of a nutcase BUT this was way too far today.

Good players going over the top and believing it is ok.

Listening to their fans they believe this sort of thing has something to do with good football too.

I was right behind Tyson sitting in the Dolman and think he intended to hurt Gerken. Indeed I think his manager would expect him to hurt the goalkeeper in that situation. The whole cynical attitude shown by the Forest team, back room staff, (and supporters) was frankly depressing!

Brian Clough would be turning in his grave if he read what you are trying to say. He was a fine manager. You were well out of your depth when he took your team into Europe. Your still out of your depth in this league thats why you resort to dirty play & try to end other team players careers to achive success.

The reason you resort to dirty play or unsportmanship play was because we as a football team who are a huge huge threat to you & your very poor manager who has alott to learn in his trade. He has a long way to go to reach what he regards as succes in his own working career & if the truth be known your team will not be big enough to help him get there. Deep down in his own heart i bet he wish's he was still with Derby County where his would have a much much better chance of succes.

Sorry to tell you but you must learn the truth from some where.

though what you are saying about that particular Forest fan is probably correct, but to say we were out of our depth when went into europe is plainly wrong, cos we won it twice in a row, you dont do that if you are out of your depth, believe me! Also, we are not out of our depth in this league, we are third and have been praised by many impartial observers as having played flowing attractive football for most of the season, see our win over West Brom at their place, our 5-1 tonking of Leicester or the 5-0 win over QPR for evidence. Im sure we have resorted to playing dirty on occasions, but everyone in the league has on occasion ( hell, Sheffield United do it by default! )

You managed to catch us on a poor run of form away from home, but dont let this kid you that you are a massive threat to our current position, we are virtually guaranteed a place in the playoffs and are still ( technically :P ) in the hunt for automatic promotion, though that is looking very unlikely now sadly. I fail to see how you can accuse Billy Davies of being a poor manager, he may be a bit of a ****, but he has proven with three different teams that he is a very, very good manager at this level. We still stand a pretty decent chance of promotion so i fail to see how he can achioeve his goal with us :/ I can assure you he is delighted he isnt with Derby, he had a very public falling out with the board, so wouldnt want to work under them, and considering that we are 3rd, and Derby are in the bottom half of the table, its a pretty ludicrous thing to say that he stands more chance of success with them :D

As I've said I believed it to be a 50:50 that Gerkin just about won and that sadly mean he came off worse. If you start telling me that players can't go for those kind of balls then you might as well make it a non-contact sport. Injuries like this will always happen and are part of the game.

If it was reckless and dangerous then fair enough but I won't know for sure until I see a replay.

`

50:50? Gerken kicked the ball, if it was 50:50 he would have been caught on the ankle. It was 100% Gerkens ball, the only reason you slide in there is to hurt Gurkin. There are about 6 feet between where gerken kicked the ball and what is broken by Tysons studs. I don't think you will see a more blatent red.

Intent or not that is wreckless. Shawcross caught the guy just above the the ankle, and was pretty close to the ball, Tyson was never going to win that ball, I think it probably would have run out before he could get there.

though what you are saying about that particular Forest fan is probably correct, but to say we were out of our depth when went into europe is plainly wrong, cos we won it twice in a row, you dont do that if you are out of your depth, believe me! Also, we are not out of our depth in this league, we are third and have been praised by many impartial observers as having played flowing attractive football for most of the season, see our win over West Brom at their place, our 5-1 tonking of Leicester or the 5-0 win over QPR for evidence. Im sure we have resorted to playing dirty on occasions, but everyone in the league has on occasion ( hell, Sheffield United do it by default! )

You managed to catch us on a poor run of form away from home, but dont let this kid you that you are a massive threat to our current position, we are virtually guaranteed a place in the playoffs and are still ( technically :P ) in the hunt for automatic promotion, though that is looking very unlikely now sadly. I fail to see how you can accuse Billy Davies of being a poor manager, he may be a bit of a ****, but he has proven with three different teams that he is a very, very good manager at this level. We still stand a pretty decent chance of promotion so i fail to see how he can achioeve his goal with us :/ I can assure you he is delighted he isnt with Derby, he had a very public falling out with the board, so wouldnt want to work under them, and considering that we are 3rd, and Derby are in the bottom half of the table, its a pretty ludicrous thing to say that he stands more chance of success with them :D

Well thank you "Forest Chris" for demonstrating what I suspected after this afternoon. You and your club have sold your souls in the quest for the Premier League. Cloughie would be turning in his grave.

Hang your head in shame for comparing the wonderful teams he built with the bunch of thugs on show today. Kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd would look classy flair players in your current line-up.

Hope you go up so we don't have to put up with you here again next season. You'll get buried if it happens by the way.

Well thank you "Forest Chris" for demonstrating what I suspected after this afternoon. You and your club have sold your souls in the quest for the Premier League. Cloughie would be turning in his grave.

Hang your head in shame for comparing the wonderful teams he built with the bunch of thugs on show today. Kenny Burns and Larry Lloyd would look classy flair players in your current line-up.

Hope you go up so we don't have to put up with you here again next season. You'll get buried if it happens by the way.

erm, i dont follow, nowhere in my post did i compare the two teams :/ fwiw, its patently obvious that cloughies team was far superior, they went on to win the European cup, this current one ( whilst a good one for this league ) hasnt even reached the Premier League yet!

erm, i dont follow, nowhere in my post did i compare the two teams :/ fwiw, its patently obvious that cloughies team was far superior, they went on to win the European cup, this current one ( whilst a good one for this league ) hasnt even reached the Premier League yet!

Still don't get it do you mate?

Your club is held in awe by clubs like ours because of the achievements of those teams.

You all (Nottingham Forest Football Club) have a duty to live up to that.

Today you totally failed to do that.

Bad day for football BUT really bad day for Nottingham Forest.

It's called having justified pride in your club Chris.

The whole country respected your manager and supported your club in Europe in the late 70's/early 80's. We rejoiced with your fans and Cloughie when you triumphed in Europe.

No right thinking Forest fan could have pride in their players or manager today, and Billy Davies and Nottingham Forest are fast becoming a despised combination.

Got to be honest, i would say we have seen about 6 or 7 teams better than you at Ashton Gate this season. But the table doesnt lie and your 3rd on merit. Your not good enough to go up and stay up though and we all know your manager is shxt scared of the league above!!

at the moment, we are not good enough to stay up, but then without reinforcements, no team that goes up to the Premier League is tbf! Im pretty sure Billy would be relishing the challenge :P

to be 100% honest, im not bothered if we don't go up. overated, overpaid prima donnas just here for the money, is the impression the Prem gives me. This season in the Championship as been the best in a long, long time.

if we go up, it will be a season of struggle and getting whupped most weeks,. followed by relegation and probably selling of the good young players we have. I'd much rather stay as we are for another season. and try to build steadily.. we are not ready for the Premier League (not by a long long way)

Still don't get it do you mate?Your club is held in awe by clubs like ours because of the achievements of those teams.You all (Nottingham Forest Football Club) have a duty to live up to that.Today you totally failed to do that.Bad day for football BUT really bad day for Nottingham Forest.

Im glad to hear our endeavours 30 years ago are still fondly remembered, we are a different team now, worse? yes, of course, but i dont see why you feel we should go out in every game acting like European champions, thats the kind of attitude that gets you hated, most fans i know seem to think that Forest Fans always go on about the glory days, you may not like Billy davies ( i understand why, he can grate a bit on the opposition i guess :D ) but he has got us playing great football this season ( im sorry if you didnt get to see much of it today ) and have had some great results.

It's called having justified pride in your club Chris.The whole country respected your manager and supported your club in Europe in the late 70's/early 80's. We rejoiced with your fans and Cloughie when you triumphed in Europe.No right thinking Forest fan could have pride in their players or manager today, and Billy Davies and Nottingham Forest are fast becoming a despised combination.

I seriously doubt our rivals at the time like Liverpool were cheering us on, but if you were, i respect that, i fail to see why i or the other forest fans shouldnt be proud of our team, in difficult conditions we came to a decent side and managed to get a good result, especially given our recent away form, im sorry if you didnt like some of the things our players did, but i feel you are probably overreacting, especially to the challenge on your keeper, which was merely a 50-50 ball which was made worse by the wet conditions, you may not like our manager, but he is a very good manager at this level, and we have come away from plenty of games with praise from rival fans, so i'll take your hatred of our team alongside the praise of a lot more opposition fans.

to be 100% honest, im not bothered if we don't go up. overated, overpaid prima donnas just here for the money, is the impression the Prem gives me. This season in the Championship as been the best in a long, long time.

if we go up, it will be a season of struggle and getting whupped most weeks,. followed by relegation and probably selling of the good young players we have. I'd much rather stay as we are for another season. and try to build steadily.. we are not ready for the Premier League (not by a long long way)

bore off, you're either full of **** or not a real fan. No real fan wouldn't want them to go up? How is it to be constantly chasing the past, knowing you'll never achieve it again, by the way? :)

to be 100% honest, im not bothered if we don't go up. overated, overpaid prima donnas just here for the money, is the impression the Prem gives me.

I feel exactly the same and they were (and stil are)my feelings when we nearly went up 2 years ago. I hate the way the premier league is with a passion.

@petehinton thanks for the concern, i was at both European cup finals and all the wembley finals.,., but the best season we've had was the season when Frank Clark got us promoted.. we have numerous highlights and i've loved them all., so the european stuff was well and truly laid to rest for me a long time ago

Whats been your favourite memory of your time supporting your club?

bore off, you're either full of **** or not a real fan. No real fan wouldn't want them to go up? How is it to be constantly chasing the past, knowing you'll never achieve it again, by the way? :)

You're wrong pete, plenty of 'real' City fans are happy enough to see BCFC playing good football in the Championship and don't hanker after the Premier League at all.

@petehinton thanks for the concern, i was at both European cup finals and all the wembley finals.,., but the best season we've had was the season when Frank Clark got us promoted.. we have numerous highlights and i've loved them all., so the european stuff was well and truly laid to rest for me a long time ago

Whats been your favourite memory of your time supporting your club?

ohh that's nice that you need success to feel love to the club. My favourite memory? Every game being surrounded by genuine football people with a love for the game is nice. Also, walking away from a game not thinking about playing dirty football in order to win and not actually pulling it off.

bore off, you're either full of **** or not a real fan. No real fan wouldn't want them to go up? How is it to be constantly chasing the past, knowing you'll never achieve it again, by the way? :).

Im a real City fan mate and you will find time and time again that i have said i am more than happy with the championship. Why would i want to watch my team lose every week in the money league. So im with the Forest fan on this.

ohh that's nice that you need success to feel love to the club. My favourite memory? Every game being surrounded by genuine football people with a love for the game is nice. Also, walking away from a game. not thinking about playing dirty. football in order to win and not actually pulling it off.

If City got to your lovable prem league you would be more than happy to watch dirty cheating diving football then ? Because we would end up exactly the same as the other 19 teams up there that do that.

sorry i'm going o.t.t. Reading about Billy Davies smiling and laughing while Deano was being taken off has really wound me up. What really wound me up, too, was when you lot starting singing forest songs when he was being treated, give him some respect ffs. You may as well listen to music whilst at the scene of a stabbing.

Archived