IGNORED

Tyson On Gerken

BITW

glad to see so a few other fans know how i feel about the Prem. was walking round Morrisons this evening and there is some twerp wearing his Chelsea shirt in the middle of Notts.... makes you want to shove a custard pie in his face.

Agree with you completely about the Premier League Primadonnas Galidia. That said, in my eyes this means if a club can't get up without thuggery, it's better not to go up at all. The fact that many of your fans and even the manager are defending the tactics used today is a very sad indication of the priorities at your club.

@Brizzlered, all i have to go on is the replay on the Beeb, not seen any other footage.. the replay lasted about half a nanosecond and it was impossible to form any kind of accurate perception.. the beeb seemed more intent on pandering to Newcastle again. i've been to 90% of the home games, and cannot recall any thuggery on our part.

@Esmond Million's Bung

i understand Billy Davies is not the most popular manager around, he appears to be drawing the same attention that Robbie Savage does. having said that we've had insipid, yes men for quite a while and its got us nowhere. we'd all love to have a saint as a manager and play Brazilian football each week, but this is the real world., and things very rarely work out as we want them

@Esmond Million's Bung

i understand Billy Davies is not the most popular manager around, he appears to be drawing the same attention that Robbie Savage does. having said that we've had insipid, yes men for quite a while and its got us nowhere. we'd all love to have a saint as a manager and play Brazilian football each week, but this is the real world., and things very rarely work out as we want them

I wonder why? and I ask again knowing what he is like do you think his and many fans reaction would be any different if the incident had been at the other end.

@Brizzlered, all i have to go on is the replay on the Beeb, not seen any other footage.. the replay lasted about half a nanosecond and it was impossible to form any kind of accurate perception.. the beeb seemed more intent on pandering to Newcastle again. i've been to 90% of the home games, and cannot recall any thuggery on our part.

Yeah, unless your name is Newcastle of West Brom, you can't afford to blink, or you'll miss your team on the highlights!

I was very disappointed with Forest today. I've personally admired how they've stayed with the front runners this season and expected far more today. I understand your missing a few key players at the moment, but I didn't expect the stream of crude challenges we saw in the second half and the behaviour of your players, managers and fans following the Dean Gerken incident was frankly shocking and did no credit whatsover to your club.

@Esmond Million's Bung

yep it probably would have been. and that would proably apply to each and every club in the football league,.,. we all see things through different eyes.

yet given the nasty feeling that seems to be increasing between our 2 teams, this is a sad incident for all concerned.. but i think we all wish Gerken a full and speedy recovery.

Sorry he had no need to even go for the ball and it's difficult to pull out at the speed he went in at and why did he he feel the need to have both feet. raised whilst on his arse.

Well ive just watched it again 10 times in slow motion and if you say he went in with both feet raised you had better go to specsavers on monday morning!!!!! He put his leg leg out at first then retracted that and was on his knees unable to stop himself sliding.

Sorry he had no need to even go for the ball and it's difficult to pull out at the speed he went in at and why did he he feel the need to have both feet raised whilst on his arse.

Just seen the incident on Fooball League Show, rewound it and played it back several times Tyson caught Gerkin in the face with his Elbow not his feet, his knees seem to catch Gerkin's backside so he did try to get out of the way but the surface was to slippery !!!

As for the rest of their players with the fouls they got away with after this was joke

@Esmond Million's Bung

Problem you've got there is a **** of a manager doesn't excuse 2,500 of you from the disgusting behaviour you showed when Gerkin was out for 10 mins and obviously badly hurt. My missus is from Nottingham, has fond memories of being carried as a kid on her brothers shoulders over the bridge to the games when the great man was in charge and she's embarrassed by your bunch today. Shame on you all.

Well ive just watched it again 10 times in slow motion and if you say he went in with both feet raised you had better go to specsavers on monday morning!!!!! He put his leg leg out at first then retracted that and was on his knees unable to stop himself sliding.

Taken from Nottingham newspaper.

Tyson prompted an ugly melee in the final minutes as he slid in with a late, lunging challenge on keeper Gerken, which left the keeper needing to be carried off the pitch on a stretcher.

So that's me, Millen and this reporter for eye tests then.

Where was the ball when Tyson clattered him?

Where was the ball when Tyson clattered him?

In the Dolman.

It doesn't matter whether there ws intent or not - it was a late challenge, made even more dangerous by the conditions and so he should not have slid in knowing it would have resulted in a dangerous challenge. If he couldn't stop what was the point of sliding in as the ball would have gone for a corner for them!

Why do all Notts Forest incidents centre around this player?

Just seen the all-too-brief replay, not a great challenge, but equally, I am pretty sure that there was no intent, and it was just one of those unfortunate accidents. As for the Forest fans reaction, with a large following there was likely to be a number of "Richard Heads" (Will that beat the ***'s?), same as every Club, including our own. Maybe it's time to calm down a bit, so that we can have two trouble-free games against them next season, and maybe even get that first win since Dec 74!

There was no 2 studs up as many have claimed as fact. It was a little later than I thought but you can clearly see Tyson trying to pull out on a wet surface. As I said before he is not a dirty or malicious player. It is the same sort of challenge that Maynard has put in on many a keeper/defender and if he injured someone I would defend him as well as I know he tries to get the ball if he thinks it is there to be had.

Just seen this on a forest forum, says it all really..

*picture has been removed as the person in it has complained that Forest fans have used his image from Facebook and he has nothing to do with the comments in it*

That is utterly despicable. Absolutely no respect, as shown by the misspelling of Deano's name. Awful. Tosser. ranting.gif

50:50? Gerken kicked the ball, if it was 50:50 he would have been caught on the ankle. It was 100% Gerkens ball, the only reason you slide in there is to hurt Gurkin. There are about 6 feet between where gerken kicked the ball and what is broken by Tysons studs. I don't think you will see a more blatent red.

Intent or not that is wreckless. Shawcross caught the guy just above the the ankle, and was pretty close to the ball, Tyson was never going to win that ball, I think it probably would have run out before he could get there.

If it was'nt a 50/50, why did BOTH players go to ground??

Im not sure people are disputing the fact that it was a 50/50 challenge and both players were intitled to go for it, IMO the issue was the way Tyson raised his leg/foot into Gerken when it became clear they were going to collide wheras Gerken clearly retracted his so as not to do the same to Tyson.

I believe that this is the reason for most people's (mine anyway) anger along with the frankly disturbing behavior demonstrated by their manager whilst Deano recieved treatment, I hope the football league take a good look this.

to be 100% honest, im not bothered if we don't go up. overated, overpaid prima donnas just here for the money, is the impression the Prem gives me. This season in the Championship as been the best in a long, long time.

if we go up, it will be a season of struggle and getting whupped most weeks,. followed by relegation and probably selling of the good young players we have. I'd much rather stay as we are for another season. and try to build steadily.. we are not ready for the Premier League (not by a long long way)

Amen clapping.gif

I just couldn't stomach Ferguson complaining that we'd won because of the dodgy referee decisions. rofl2br.gif

In truth, you (and us) will never be ready for the Premiershit. It's been built so that the big four or an Arab owned alternative wil always be at the top.

Let's just enjoy the Championship.

I've watched the incident in slo-mo more than a dozen times and I am now satisfied that there was absolutely no intent from Tyson to injure Gerkin. His studs were not up as I thought when I watched it live from my seat in the Dolman.

I do think that Tyson was reckless. Before he went to ground it was clear that Gerkin was going to be first to the ball. Tyson could and should have stayed on his feet and hurdled Gerkin. To slide in was a poor decision which was only ever going to end in tears. Tyson's recklessness should have resulted in a red card.

Dean Gerkin had to go to ground to stop the ball going out for a goal kick.

Tyson was never going to get that ball, it was Gerkins all the way. He was nowhere near the ball, absolutely disgusting challenge, and should have been a straight red.

There was no 2 studs up as many have claimed as fact. It was a little later than I thought but you can clearly see Tyson trying to pull out on a wet surface. As I said before he is not a dirty or malicious player. It is the same sort of challenge that Maynard has put in on many a keeper/defender and if he injured someone I would defend him as well as I know he tries to get the ball if he thinks it is there to be had.

Maynard does challenges like that to cover the long ball, he very rarely goes in on the player, he always does it to essentially try and close down a clearance.

Tyson's tackles was clearly a red, i couldn't give a shite if he didn't mean to hurt Gerken but it was late, high, dangerous and reckless. That, to me, warrants a red card. If it doesn't to you then thats fine, but strange.

Also, if Maynard did that, he should go too, but as of yet he hasn't.

Dean Gerkin had to go to ground to stop the ball going out for a goal kick.

Tyson was never going to get that ball, it was Gerkins all the way. He was nowhere near the ball, absolutely disgusting challenge, and should have been a straight red.

Completely agree! Also agree with the posters stating it could easily have been punished with an assault charge!

Just an after thought as to Tysons intent.....maybe he thought Deano was trying to steal his corner flag?! :closedeyes:

That about sums it up for me as well!!

I totally agree, too. Watched it all the way from the Dolman angle. Clearly late; clearly studs up; clear that Tyson 'followed through', too.

Had I been 'on duty', I'd have made an arrest. Shocking sportsmanship from supporters and manager post-impact.

Shocking response from referee. If it was deemed a card offence, it HAD to be a straight red.

Having now seen it...that challange in no way was 50 / 50 the ball had gone he was as Millen commented was late. I'll accept Tyson didn't go into to damage Gerken, and if you want to be kind (and you really would be) the only thing you can say was miss-timed. Plenty of fouls, penalties etc etc are given for mistimed challanges. This undoubtedly was a red card offence and as I've posted before we would have been better off he he hadn't booked Tyson at all becuase at least the FA could have looked at and potentially given the three game ban that the challange deserved.

Archived