IGNORED

Williams Stand - Feather In Red Hat Chap

Geoff65

Nothing really

One steward having a word with Stoney about swearing (and he didnt by the way)

Stoney is my old man, and when City scored he jumped around and done his little dance, a muppett of a steward came up to him and told him to calm down, and mentioned something about swearing, which was total b******s. The stewards have a personality clash with him , and are trying their hardest to get him ejected. Next season he will be coming in the Dolman with me and my son, because he is sick to death of the harressment he keeps getting in the Williams. The stewards are a ******g disgrace and I have told him to make a offical complaint, but him being who he is, does not want to make a fuss.

Stoney is my old man, and when City scored he jumped around and done his little dance, a muppett of a steward came up to him and told him to calm down, and mentioned something about swearing, which was total b******s. The stewards have a personality clash with him , and are trying their hardest to get him ejected. Next season he will be coming in the Dolman with me and my son, because he is sick to death of the harressment he keeps getting in the Williams. The stewards are a ******g disgrace and I have told him to make a offical complaint, but him being who he is, does not want to make a fuss.

Very poor show by stewards towards your father - a City legend - if this is correct.

Very poor show by stewards towards your father - a City legend - if this is correct.

Thanks for your coments Martyn, he never swears at Ashton Gate, but they keep saying they have had a complaint, but surprise, surprise they never mention who complained because the truth is no-one does complain, it's just the stewards don't like him.

Thanks for your coments Martyn, he never swears at Ashton Gate, but they keep saying they have had a complaint, but surprise, surprise they never mention who complained because the truth is no-one does complain, it's just the stewards don't like him.

I will TOTALLY second the thoughts "TRUE CITY LEGEND", always has the City at heart and always the gentleman. What are we meant to do when City score, all stay sitting down and politely and slowly put our hands together and mutter "well done."

The stewards in general (there are a few exceptions who strangely are normally on duty OUTSIDE the turnstiles) are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. Mini Hitlers with a total storm trooper attitude.

I also sit in the Williams and as a creature of habit always walk in through the same entrance. As I pass the refreshment stall, past the toilets and up the steps into the amphi theatre there is a little Weeble with a moustache who I have yet this season got as much as a smile off of? In fact the normal look you get is "If you want some come and 'ave it"

Do these employees of BCFC (as I presume that somehow, somewhere City pay them wages) not realise that we are paying customers therefore a tiny bit of civility would not go amiss, just a common courtesy such as "Good afternoon or Good evening" is the norm when entering the Hippodrome or the Colston Hall so why do we have to put up with these Gormo's in hi-viz jackets.

Going back to Stoney he is part of the HISTORY of BCFC - A true gent and a true legend and if he wants to celebrate let him, after all he has put more into the club than any of the puffed up, full of self important, little Gods who think that they have unlimited powers to behave and treat the paying punters in a manner that would not be tolerated elsewhere.

STONEY MATE IF YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE AND WEAR THE HAT YOU CARRY ON BROTHER - IN TRUE CITY FANS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UP THERE WITH THE BEST.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

The stewarding down there the whole season has been a joke! Without going onto too many details I had a run in with 5/6 of them against forest in which their bully boy tactics and intimidate attitude resulted in me being arrested, stripped of my season ticket and banned for so called assult when no so such thing happened, infact I was leaving, on my own accord because of them in the first place and I was grabbed from behind which resulted on me pulling my arm away and bobs your uncle, have a night in knowle west police station and a months bail while we try and find something to you for. So if you do happen to read this stewards or club sort your ******g s**t out, your a disgrace and stop taking any kind of fun that might be left in this so called working mans game!

Rant over.

I will TOTALLY second the thoughts "TRUE CITY LEGEND", always has the City at heart and always the gentleman. What are we meant to do when City score, all stay sitting down and politely and slowly put our hands together and mutter "well done."

The stewards in general (there are a few exceptions who strangely are normally on duty OUTSIDE the turnstiles) are an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. Mini Hitlers with a total storm trooper attitude.

I also sit in the Williams and as a creature of habit always walk in through the same entrance. As I pass the refreshment stall, past the toilets and up the steps into the amphi theatre there is a little Weeble with a moustache who I have yet this season got as much as a smile off of? In fact the normal look you get is "If you want some come and 'ave it"

Do these employees of BCFC (as I presume that somehow, somewhere City pay them wages) not realise that we are paying customers therefore a tiny bit of civility would not go amiss, just a common courtesy such as "Good afternoon or Good evening" is the norm when entering the Hippodrome or the Colston Hall so why do we have to put up with these Gormo's in hi-viz jackets.

Going back to Stoney he is part of the HISTORY of BCFC - A true gent and a true legend and if he wants to celebrate let him, after all he has put more into the club than any of the puffed up, full of self important, little Gods who think that they have unlimited powers to behave and treat the paying punters in a manner that would not be tolerated elsewhere.

STONEY MATE IF YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE AND WEAR THE HAT YOU CARRY ON BROTHER - IN TRUE CITY FANS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE UP THERE WITH THE BEST.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Cheers Si, rang Stoney to read him the posts and he said thanks to all of you.

I thought this happened in the first half, long before we even scored?

Ive always looked at Stoney as a City legend. Always saw him around in the dark days of the early 80's and ever since. Hes a top bloke and if these jumped up stewards are giving loyal long time supporters like him shxte then the club needs to sort this out. Stoney, the Dolman stand awaits your presence!!! (you can keep Rod Stewart company) !

I've only been to a few games this season, but I can't say I've noticed any particular problem with stewarding.

As for the no swearing policy the club/FL appear to be attempting to implent and reporting of seat numbers via text however ....disapointed2se.gif I'm not a big ranter and raver but it is an emotional game and sometimes, we as fans can get het up and that may involve the odd profanity!?

What really irks me about the club trying to stop fans from swearing is that they should start with their employees eg the manages , coaches and players who all swear this post is not having a go at the players for swearing but it is the highlight the hypocrisy of BCFC and football authrorities.

If Police or Stewards are to arrest or eject supporters for swearing then I suggest they apply this to players and managers as well... Can you imagine a steward ejecting Roy Keane or his highness Sir Alex of blown it today , :laugh:..

football is a passionate game and what has happened of freedom of speech.. saying that its not a good thing if it persists in family areas....

Also who invents swear words...who classes a word as a swear word. :laugh:.... how about this for one: pookboyas..

oh my god im so so sorry for saying that, I cant explain what it means id be hanged in the tower...

You'll never stop swearing at Football, it's a passionate game and brings out strong emotions. I must of shouted ******* come on about three times when we scored yesterday, in the heat of the moment you just lose yourself. If parents want to protect younger supporters from this they should stick to the Family Enclosure.

I only asked as I was shouting at the stewards to leave him alone - as to swearing, I think I gave some of the directors a bit of a shock when we scored as I celebrated with a " get the Fu** in", if the stewards had said anything I would just tell them I learnt it all from the 11 year old who sits a few seats behind me, as he is always at it...

All this swearing bollox is just pathetic led by our "it's for the sake of the kids" DaveL. Not seen the stewards having a go at Stoney before, hence the original question.

All this swearing bollox is just pathetic led by our "it's for the sake of the kids" DaveL. Not seen the stewards having a go at Stoney before, hence the original question.

I thought DaveL seemed like one of us until his impassioned denunciation of me and all the others that swear in the heat of the moment at Ashton Gate. Now it seems to me as if DaveL has been parachuted into our club by the traitor Labour Government to curtail our freedom of speech and expression. No terracing, no smoking, no swearing, no standing, no flag waving and to top it all - increased monitoring by CCTV to make sure we comply.

I thought DaveL seemed like one of us until his impassioned denunciation of me and all the others that swear in the heat of the moment at Ashton Gate. Now it seems to me as if DaveL has been parachuted into our club by the traitor Labour Government to curtail our freedom of speech and expression. No terracing, no smoking, no swearing, no standing, no flag waving and to top it all - increased monitoring by CCTV to make sure we comply.

I don't think you can blame Dave for things such as CCTV or all seater stadia!

I don't think you can blame Dave for things such as CCTV or all seater stadia!

It just seems to me that DaveL is doing the bidding of some unseen Government control freak or has been parachuted into the club to persuade us to comply with various Government edicts. Let's not forget also that our Government act illegally and is composed of known liars and criminals. Of course DaveL isn't to blame for all seater stadia and CCTV but he has published an impassioned article denouncing swearing at football. Swearing has been part of football culture all my life - why is it suddenly an issue ?????!!!!

Stoney Garnet is a legend, he's the kind of fan that should have an honourary lifetime season ticket, not be the victim of some jobsworth steward.

Farmer, bit of a legend yourself mate ; )

I really would totally second this motion? For everything that Stoney has done for this club, the guy should have some notice of appreciation bestowed upon him and an honorary life time BCFC season ticket would be the sort of suitable reward to a TRUE THROUGH AND THROUGH CITY LEGEND. If not put Stoney in charge of the stewards!!!! Now that would soon sort out a few of the little jumped up people (being very politically correct just in case either Dave L or any kids are reading!!!!)

Despite all my years of supporting City, I don't actually know who 'Stoney' Garnett is by name (may well recognise him by sight) so I can't comment on him, but I do agree with the comments regarding the stewards, a good percentage of whom I have always found to be jumped up little wannabe policemen that for some reason seem to think that they are superior to the paying punter, due to being bestowed with a slight modicum of authority that they then proceed to abuse to satisfy their own sense of importance. :bruce_h4h:

Archived