IGNORED

Williams Stand - Feather In Red Hat Chap

Geoff65

If you look on cidereds, there is a interview with him on there, and tells you what he has done for the club, from entertaining and looking after sponsers, running the players bar, matchday entertainer, running the lottery in the 80's and much much more, and never ever asked for a penny, except free addmission on matchdays.

dafarm is this early footage of your old man down the ground http://www.britishpa...rd.php?id=35086 (about 1.40)

its only in black and white so dont know if its his red hat ? whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Now is it me and yes I appreciate there are always two sides to every story but I find it very worrying in "Cider Heads" superb piece / tribute to the Garnett meister that Sexstone "allegedly" dispensed with Stoney as a match day host as QUOTE "He was no longer a fit person to represent BCFC as a match day host" UNQUOTE. So it appears (and yes to the point of being boring I DO realise that there always two sides to every story) that Stoney was unceremoniously booted out of the door as he was not a politically correct, tie wearing, prawn sandwich eating, captain of this or that golf club??? Yet it has been fairly well proven that Stoney himself would bleed red AND WHITE blood if cut and BCFC is very close to his heart as anyone can get, yet, it appears that this sort of supporter is not the "type" that Sexstone and his chums want to encourage........

Well Sexstone (AND I SINCERELY HOPE YOU READ THIS OR YOU GET ONE OF YOUR STORMTROOPER GUARDS IN HI VIZ JACKETS TO READ YOU IT AS A BED TIME STORY) the likes of Stoney G. are what makes Bristol City Football Club, the club that us the true supporters love and spend our hard earned every season following NOT your prawn sandwich, Chablis swilling mates, so TAKE THIS ON BOARD most of us true City fans (and not those of us who have decided to switch allegiances from Gloucestershire CCC to BCFC, Col) will always assoiciate ourselves with the likes of Stoney rather than your faceless mates hiding in the boardroom lounge or wherever you eat your canapes and drink your cappucino at half time.

STONEY GARNETT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A LEGEND.

"If" this treatment of one of our own has a grain of T about it then Colin you are a LEG END.

bruce_h4h.gif

Simon, fair play to you mucker, you and all the others on here, Arn etc.. saying such a fantastic tribute to Stoney, I have told him most of the posts and he has a lump in his throat, if he reads them all when he comes down, he's bound to have a tear in is eye.

All we are asking, can the stewards, just leave him alone for one more game,fingerscrossed.gif and then he will be in the Dolman next season out of their way and enjoying himself with like minded supporters and family and friends. After all we are ALL Bristol City Football Club. You Reds.englandsmile4wf.gif

I remember a lot worse at the Gate in days gone by, and sung by many.

We had for example :

- " My old man said be a Rovers fan, I said f##k off b#ll#cks you're a c### !"

- "does your boyfriend know your here ?" to Brighton fans

- 'where's your caravan?" to a Cambridge goalie with long untidy streaked blond hair

- "does your sheep know that you're here ?" to Swansea

Plus a lot of jungle noises.(to our collective shame)

I remember a lot worse at the Gate in days gone by, and sung by many.

We had for example :

- " My old man said be a Rovers fan, I said f##k off b#ll#cks you're a c### !"

- "does your boyfriend know your here ?" to Brighton fans

- 'where's your caravan?" to a Cambridge goalie with long untidy streaked blond hair

- "does your sheep know that you're here ?" to Swansea

Plus a lot of jungle noises.(to our collective shame)

Days gone by? They are all still in full flow apart from the last one (and quite rightly so).

Simon, fair play to you mucker, you and all the others on here, Arn etc.. saying such a fantastic tribute to Stoney, I have told him most of the posts and he has a lump in his throat, if he reads them all when he comes down, he's bound to have a tear in is eye.

All we are asking, can the stewards, just leave him alone for one more game,fingerscrossed.gif and then he will be in the Dolman next season out of their way and enjoying himself with like minded supporters and family and friends. After all we are ALL Bristol City Football Club. You Reds.englandsmile4wf.gif

stoney ... great bloke cant wait to see you in the dolman stand telling jokes and having a laugh next season see you there drunk2.gifdrunk2.gif

There is swearing in the heat of the moment and then there is just constant foul use of the mouth. If you sit anywhere near atyeo, Block E up top, you'll know what I mean.... When fans get bored of it and women are saying hold on a minute, you know it has gone to far.

The guy in row V seat 2 or 3 is a disgrace. Quiet as a mouse if we are doing well, nightmare if we aren't winning, even if we're playing well.

"Chin the ****" at the top of his voice as an opposing winger races down the wing is unacceptable in my book (begins with c).

The life is being strangled out of our football on Sat afternoons :( by the second; rules and regs are being replaced by jobsworths and pc madness; I really dread the soul less bowls that are the norm now and the fact we also seem to be heading down that road.

The Football match needs life and characters like him as much, if not more than the soundproofed corporate boxes that now abound.

Old boys like us will never see the likes of the late sixties again, sad thing is there is no way back dispite the efforts of the few. Will be a sad day i.m.o when AG the Eastend and the likes of Stoney are just history;

Till then make the most of it you dont know what you`ve got till its gone.

Go Stoney, go Stoney go :worship2::clapping::travolta:

It still exists...You just need a cheap flight out of Bristol to Italy, Holland, Germmany, Slovakia, Poland etc

Get yourself a second Team to support abroad. Lazio v Roma this weekend for me...Better than S****horpe. Then back to the mighty Reds next week ;)

It still exists...You just need a cheap flight out of Bristol to Italy, Holland, Germmany, Slovakia, Poland etc

Get yourself a second Team to support abroad. Lazio v Roma this weekend for me...Better than S****horpe. Then back to the mighty Reds next week wink.gif

Rome better than S****horpe, you're having a laugh !

And regarding the stewards, do they not like working at Ashton Gate? I can garantee that if they if they showed a little more respect to people who pay there wages (The fans) they would get a lot of respect back.

And therein lies the problem. They are not employed by BCFC, but instead are contractors employed by the Safe & Sound agency. So, no bond with the club and its fans. More's the pity.

Whilst we all wake up this morning to a bright and exciting dawn, please can I urge and remind all our fans, especially those fellow followers who sit in the Williams that whilst tomorrow will see the unveiling (albeit he wont be there in person of Sir Steve C) tomorrow also is potentially the last time that a forever piece of Bristol City folklore is witnessed in this particular part of the ground ie THE LEGEND THAT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SIR STONEY GARNETT.

Just to remind my fellow BS3 followers it appears that Stoney's renowned enthusiasm and good hearted banter at games has apparently got up the nostrils of the "Stazi" in yellow and orange fluorescent jackets to the point where it has been decided by his family that from next season they feel it will be safer to have Stoney over in the Dolman (you will have to get some sun glasses as well as the Bedminster famous red hat and feather, Stone) where they have more numbers to protect him from the officious and obnoxious (Not all it must be stated, but in my opinion the exceptions tend to get the bum deal by being stationed OUTSIDE the ground) guards that have taken a penchant to trying to intimidate Stoney presumably in the hope that he would react and then they could presumably ban him.

Well I for one will retain at least 30 plus years of Stoney brightening up what in the pre health and safety, volcanic ash free environment was known as the enclosure and now known as the Williams.

Thanks for all the memories Stone you will be TRULY MISSED by all of us who will remain in the Williams next season being watched by disciples of the East German Secret police. Let us all keep an eye out for Stoney tomorrow and make sure that his last game on this side of the pitch is trouble free and not interupted by the hi-vz jacket crew.

I really hope to be able to shake the great mans hand tomorrow as a personal thanks, as or the tubby little Weeble who gives a warm friendly greeting (NOT) at the top of the stairs in F block at every game I would like to shake his..........

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES STONE, YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TRUE LEGEND, ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE OVER IN THE DOLMAN - THE END OF ONE ERA AND THE START OF ANOTHER.

THE WILLIAMS LOSS IS CERTAINLY THE DOLMANS GAIN.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Whilst we all wake up this morning to a bright and exciting dawn, please can I urge and remind all our fans, especially those fellow followers who sit in the Williams that whilst tomorrow will see the unveiling (albeit he wont be there in person of Sir Steve C) tomorrow also is potentially the last time that a forever piece of Bristol City folklore is witnessed in this particular part of the ground ie THE LEGEND THAT IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SIR STONEY GARNETT.

Just to remind my fellow BS3 followers it appears that Stoney's renowned enthusiasm and good hearted banter at games has apparently got up the nostrils of the "Stazi" in yellow and orange fluorescent jackets to the point where it has been decided by his family that from next season they feel it will be safer to have Stoney over in the Dolman (you will have to get some sun glasses as well as the Bedminster famous red hat and feather, Stone) where they have more numbers to protect him from the officious and obnoxious (Not all it must be stated, but in my opinion the exceptions tend to get the bum deal by being stationed OUTSIDE the ground) guards that have taken a penchant to trying to intimidate Stoney presumably in the hope that he would react and then they could presumably ban him.

Well I for one will retain at least 30 plus years of Stoney brightening up what in the pre health and safety, volcanic ash free environment was known as the enclosure and now known as the Williams.

Thanks for all the memories Stone you will be TRULY MISSED by all of us who will remain in the Williams next season being watched by disciples of the East German Secret police. Let us all keep an eye out for Stoney tomorrow and make sure that his last game on this side of the pitch is trouble free and not interupted by the hi-vz jacket crew.

I really hope to be able to shake the great mans hand tomorrow as a personal thanks, as or the tubby little Weeble who gives a warm friendly greeting (NOT) at the top of the stairs in F block at every game I would like to shake his..........

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES STONE, YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TRUE LEGEND, ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE OVER IN THE DOLMAN - THE END OF ONE ERA AND THE START OF ANOTHER.

THE WILLIAMS LOSS IS CERTAINLY THE DOLMANS GAIN.

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Simon, fair play mate, just told me old man, he said make sure you chat to him tomorrow, and let hi know your the one posting. Happy St Georges day to all my fellow supporters.

Every away game I've been to this season I've seen him there. We need more people like him if anything. And as for swearing ( which I know he doesn't) I sit in the dolman family enclosure and all you can hear is swearing and does any steward do anything about it? No. I sit by this young child and his dad, I say the childs 8 or 9 and he keeps on asking his dad what these words mean and it puts him in a very complicated position

stoney ... great bloke cant wait to see you in the dolman stand telling jokes and having a laugh next season see you there drunk2.gifdrunk2.gif

Redjar, Can't wait to see you in there, and NO swearing at fat policemen again, other wise won't see you for another three years. :laugh:

Redjar, Can't wait to see you in there, and NO swearing at fat policemen again, other wise won't see you for another three years. :laugh:

Ere mucker. Is the old man going up the Lions lunchtime?

Usully does on flag day. Im taking me camera to get some pics for the internet. Then down the BS3.

See you in the club half time mucker.

Arn

Archived