IGNORED

Live Forum Chat Session With Steve Lansdown

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

Make a note in your diary: Tuesday May 11th, 7.45pm.

That evening SL will be chatting live here on OTIB in an exclusive chat session - exclusive to ‘OTIB Supporters’.

SL will be happy to answer fans’ questions on the 2009/10 season, which will then have just ended, on his hopes for the coming season, Steve Coppell’s appointment, the new stadium and any other points that ‘OTIB Supporters’ want to put to him.

The session's been arranged by the Supporters Trust and will be hosted on the night by Trust chairman Stuart Rogers (aka Thatcham Red).

Only ‘OTIB Supporters’ will be able to put questions to SL and view the flow of answers live in the OTIB chat room. Users of the OTIB toolbar will also receive a feed of the session later, but will not be able to interact.

OTIB and the Trust hope that this will be the first in a series of exclusive benefits for ‘OTIB Supporters’.

To become an ‘OTIB Supporter’ costs just £5 a year and all OTIB users can sign up by clicking here or on the ‘Go Premium’ link immediately below the ‘Bristol City Fans’ Forum’ banner above. More details on the free OTIB toolbar and a download link can be found on the Supporters Trust website.

To ensure an orderly procedure in the Q&A process, please register in advance to put a question to SL, preferably with a draft of what you want to ask, so that questions on similar topics can be grouped together. Priority on the night will be given to questions submitted in this way, with the session subsequently thrown open ‘to the floor’ if time permits. To register to ask a question, please e-mail Stuart at stu @ bristolcityst.org.uk (remove the spaces).

Hope that sounds interesting!

Sign up today to become an ‘OTIB Supporter’ and chat with chairman online from 7.45pm on Tuesday May 11th!

Make a note in your diary: Tuesday May 11th, 7.45pm.

That evening SL will be chatting live here on OTIB in an exclusive chat session - exclusive to 'OTIB Supporters'.

SL will be happy to answer fans' questions on the 2009/10 season, which will then have just ended, on his hopes for the coming season, Steve Coppell's appointment, the new stadium and any other points that 'OTIB Supporters' want to put to him.

The session's been arranged by the Supporters Trust and will be hosted on the night by Trust chairman Stuart Rogers (aka Thatcham Red).

Only 'OTIB Supporters' will be able to put questions to SL and view the flow of answers live in the OTIB chat room. Users of the OTIB toolbar will also receive a feed of the session, but will not be able to interact.

OTIB and the Trust hope that this will be the first in a series of exclusive benefits for 'OTIB Supporters'.

To become an 'OTIB Supporter' costs just £5 a year and all OTIB users can sign up by clicking here or on the 'Go Premium' link immediately below the 'Bristol City Fans' Forum' banner above. More details on the free OTIB toolbar and a download link can be found on the Supporters Trust website.

To ensure an orderly procedure in the Q&A process, please register in advance to put a question to SL, preferably with a draft of what you want to ask, so that questions on similar topics can be grouped together. Priority on the night will be given to questions submitted in this way, with the session subsequently thrown open 'to the floor' if time permits. To register to ask a question, please e-mail Stuart at stu @ bristolcityst.org.uk (remove the spaces).

Hope that sounds interesting!

Sign up today to become an 'OTIB Supporter' and chat with chairman online from 7.45pm on Tuesday May 11th!

All on here should gladly pay that £5 to cover the trusts loss for running this forum!

This opportunity is a great incentive. Not to say a fair wake up call boxing.gif

Cheers

Tommy

I'd become an OTIB supporter in a heartbeat if there was a payment option other than PayPal

I'm sure the ST will take cheque, cash or gold bullion :laugh: - Blagdon Red will be able to clarify.

This is excellent, I miss the 'ask SL & CS' Forum, but inevitably it got abused. Will be good to have him back on here.

£5 is a pack of fags, or a couple of pints, some cake and pie. Its a worthy investment if only to help the running of otib.

Dunno about other payments than paypal, Luke. I'm sure if you spoke to any of the ST members they could help you though, maybe give them the £5 at next game and they'll add you, I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to do?

I'll pay for you if it's allowed by paypal and you can send me a fiver in the post. Is that ok ST members?

Tis ok, see my post above.

Keep donating people, we do have quite a considerable shortfall to cover which goes back to since the ST took over funding OTIB.

The more supporters the merrier. (and better for the running costs of the forum)

Tis ok, see my post above.

Keep donating people, we do have quite a considerable shortfall to cover which goes back to since the ST took over funding OTIB.

The more supporters the merrier. (and better for the running costs of the forum)

Out of curiosity, what are the operating cost for otib each month if you are permitted to say? and do you earn anything substantial from the ads?

Tomf's wages have got to cost a fair bit mind! :whistle::whistle:

Out of curiosity, what are the operating cost for otib each month if you are permitted to say? and do you earn anything substantial from the ads?

We rarely earn enough to cover the monthly cost, we are also behind on money from months where we didn't do so well and before we had the advertising/donation options we do now.

I can't give you the amount sorry because it would be unfair on Cliks other clients.

It's barely within the spec of my day job to look after here anymore.. The vast majority of work I put in on it is about this time of day or before 8am in the morning. Thankfully the quality of the server & software now mean it's smooth sailing.. but once were in the prem I'll need to upgrade it just like the city team will need upgrading :innocent06:

Dutch and Swedes are World Champions in non-profit work. 50 percent of our population work non-profit (definition not being fully paid for the work done). 25 percent never ever work non-profit.

In west that is. In North Korea 99.99 percent of the population literally work non-profit to stay alive.

They would seriously considering giving their lifes for the possibility to donate a fiver for any purpose.

Come on you reds! speechless-smiley-040.gifargh.giftumbleweed.gifsource.gifcity.gifmf_sleep.gifmf_sleep.gifsource.gif

This is excellent, I miss the 'ask SL & CS' Forum, but inevitably it got abused. Will be good to have him back on here.

£5 is a pack of fags, or a couple of pints, some cake and pie. Its a worthy investment if only to help the running of otib.

Dunno about other payments than paypal, Luke. I'm sure if you spoke to any of the ST members they could help you though, maybe give them the £5 at next game and they'll add you, I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to do?

couldnt have put it better myself. :worship2:

• SC&T Board Members

I'm sure the ST will take cheque, cash or gold bullion :laugh: - Blagdon Red will be able to clarify.

Gold bullion would do fine!

Seriously, though:

a) You can pay via card using the PayPal link without having to have a PayPal account

b) You can pay by cheque: make it payable to 'Bristol City Supporters Trust' and post to the Trust c/o BCFC at Ashton Gate or leave it in an envelope with your OTIB user name and your e-mail address at the club reception at Ashton Gate (Williams Stand) on Saturday, from where we'll collect it and then get your account activated on here

c) The running costs of OTIB are commercially sensitive, as Clik also provide similar services for other clubs ... however, it goes without saying that with Tom's £10k a week salary, they're not cheap!! To be honest, though, since starting to fund the forum the Trust has made a loss on OTIB that runs into four figures - so every fiver helps!

PS: Thanks to Tom, Gavin and Luke!

We rarely earn enough to cover the monthly cost, we are also behind on money from months where we didn't do so well and before we had the advertising/donation options we do now.

May be the wrong place to ask... but...

Does my monthly fee taken by the ST by direct debit go to funding OTIB ? or does this go towards other projects / schemes ?

• SC&T Board Members

May be the wrong place to ask... but...

Does my monthly fee taken by the ST by direct debit go to funding OTIB ? or does this go towards other projects / schemes ?

We would like it to go fully to funding other projects / schemes to improve the lot of being a City fan in general ... but the reality is that since this forum is loss-making (despite our best efforts with ads and now Tom's help with 'OTIB Supporter') the Trust has been left over the past few years with just two options:

(a) dip into our 'normal' kitty to prop up the forum or

(b) close it down.

The pros and cons of each option are something we regularly debate. To date we have always concluded that the value of the forum to the fan community - and also to us as a means of promoting the Trust - makes it worth continuing with. However, we are constantly looking for ways to make the forum self-funding (hence 'OTIB Supporter') and will continue to keep the issue of whether 'normal' Trust funds should be used to make up the shortfall under review.

'OTIB Supporter' sign-ups are going quite well, so hopefully we'll soon be in a position to say that the forum is 100% self-funding.... but it all depends on how many people sign up and/or click through the ads to buy stuff and/or make donations via the donation link above.

I can't give you the amount sorry because it would be unfair on Cliks other clients.

Not sure if this is a question you can answer either, but are Clik giving the ST "mates rates"? I've no idea the amount of bandwidth OTIB uses, but speaking from experience, I can't see how it would be sustainable at full agency prices!

• SC&T Board Members

Having already secured my ST at the cheapest rate I was looking for a way to acknowledge the coming of the new regime. So, signed up as a OTIB supporter and downloaded the tool bar for good measure! Good work one and all!

Cheers Chaplain! And Jimtastic, the answer is 'Yes'.

This site has infinite potential to develop into a complete news and chat site - 6000 members will never become 6000 paying subscribers but if you can develop a regular series of these online chats (one with Coppell would be great) there is no reason why supporters won't grow to match running costs.

A range of quality t-shirts available only via this site would be worth developing too.

Archived