IGNORED

Lee Johnson

luke_bristol

Now I've never been the biggest fan of LJ the player (cracking bloke though), but I thought he came on and did well today.

Let the ball slip under his foot on one occassion, but he played some really good positive passes today, put in a couple of good tackles and even won a header!:chant6ez:

Can't wait for Coppell to come in and ship out the deadwood LJ included, there are plenty of better and more consitant players out there, I will glad if and when he goes a fresh start for the lad somewhere else is probably best for all Lee included. Nothing personal, more a case of progression and a little freshening up on the personnel front.

Can't wait for Coppell to come in and ship out the deadwood LJ included, there are plenty of better and more consitant players out there, I will glad if and when he goes a fresh start for the lad somewhere else is probably best for all Lee included. Nothing personal, more a case of progression and a little freshening up on the personnel front.

Agreed. Nice for Lee that his last appearance in a City shirt was half decent.

Now that's daddy gone all you LJ lovers have seen the last of LJ. He was never good enough and the love you had for his old man blinded you to how sh1t he is. He will never play for City again and I will bet that some time in the future he will end up playing for his Dad again before he hangs up his boots.

Now that's daddy gone all you LJ lovers have seen the last of LJ. He was never good enough and the love you had for his old man blinded you to how sh1t he is. He will never play for City again and I will bet that some time in the future he will end up playing for his Dad again before he hangs up his boots.

How do you know Coppell wont want to keep him? Hes a good passer of the ball although does try to get clever sometimes and fails.

Derby fans rate him quite highly and they would love him back, i know this by talking to a fan before the match. On todays performance we wernt much better than Derby so if hes good for them he shouldnt be much worse for us. On todays performance he done some good passes and is the kind of player Coppell may like. Let him make his mind up because i believe he future with us is 50/50

From what I see,

Without a consistant passing midfielder our strikers will not get the service, I'm neither an LJ lover or a hater but statistically we have been less successful with him out the side, it's all well and good having great tacklers, Marv, Skuse, Hartley in the middle and good runners in LCR and Sproule but it was Lee Johnsons precision that got us up the table in our first championship season. He is not substandard.

I accept Hartley can pass the ball extremely well but how often long can his legs carry him, and what pressure is he under to perform if Johnson was sent packing.

Johnson has his off games but we never had anybody that would drop back and link up defence and midfield then spray the ball in replacement, given the circumstances I would happily see another passing midfielder offer competition.

IMO Williams is like Noble and unless we play 4-5-1 he's not really very effective unless you can find a player with:

Hartley's passing and strength

Elliot's heading ability

And Can last 90 minutes week in week out

Williams can't fit into a 4-4-2

I've never been Williams' biggest fan but these are basically my reasons for having Johnson in the squad over Williams

Is he not playing next week then?dunno.gif

Fair play - I'd forgotten about next week! Maybe just one more appearance. Lee's done a great job but I'd be surprised if any manager eyeing promotion thought he'd be part of the set up...unless they were a manager eyeing promotion from League One whistle.gif

Better game from him than hes done for a while. Credit where credit is due. He even tackled today, and no dodgy sideways passes

Put a shift in to contribute, unlike some of his previous games.

It says something about Lee Johnson when because he actually tackled in a game he should be given a mention as if he has done somrthing out of the ordinary.

The sooner all Johnson's are moved out the better.

He did well because he had time and space in an open game where he could easily pick out a pass. Where he struggles is where the game is very tight and he gives the ball away far too much. Johnson is not a bad reserve but would be surprised if he stayed next season. Unfortunately 1 goal and 2 assists in an entire season is not a good enough return for someone who is supposed to be a creative midfielder.

He did well because he had time and space in an open game where he could easily pick out a pass. Where he struggles is where the game is very tight and he gives the ball away far too much. Johnson is not a bad reserve but would be surprised if he stayed next season. Unfortunately 1 goal and 2 assists in an entire season is not a good enough return for someone who is supposed to be a creative midfielder.

As opposed to Skuse who's played a full season & who's goals/assists stats are a lot higher ??

As opposed to Skuse who's played a full season & who's goals/assists stats are a lot higher ??

Skuse is an all rounder who defends and contributes off the ball infinitely more than LJ, and he doesn't take set pieces. He does pretty much everything better.

Like all fringe players Lee Johnson will want to impress the new manager, even if it is by dvd and today reflected that.

I agree with this.

Personally I rekon he'll go to another Championship side, then lets all watch his career degress.

My bet would be that he joins Coventry or a team in that mould.

Thought he had a solid cameo appearance with several incisive passes and darting runs. Did anyone take note of the reception he got from the Derby fans when he came on?! i forgot to look!

Was speaking to some Derby fans after the game and they said that they gave him a loud cheer when he came on. Also said he was a class act up there.

Archived