IGNORED

Steve Coppells World Interview

Robbored

Just watched SC first interview as City manager on World and was impressed. He was articulate, down to earth, and obviously a deep thinker about the game. I got the firm impression that the managerialship at City is in good hands. I could listen to him all day.

If you don't subscribe to World, I'd advise you sign up.

Very different to what we were subjected to previously and a welcome and refreshing change.

I've not watched it but having heard interviews before can well believe that he comes across well.

However I must point out that Johnson also came across very well in interviews. Certainly in the first few years he talked complete sense and I could see the logic in everything he was doing. Which was a refreshing change after the nonsense peddled by his predecessor.

Just watched SC first interview as City manager on World and was impressed. He was articulate, down to earth, and obviously a deep thinker about the game. I got the firm impression that the managerialship at City is in good hands. I could listen to him all day.

Very different to what we were subjected to previously and a welcome and refreshing change.

Good luck Mr Coppel, i hope our more fickle fans give you the time you need, i think you could be our best signing ever! I hope you are not subjected to the same rubbish our previous manager had to put up with, and that you find the better supporters at our club to be more welcome,refreshing and quite different in they're aproach to you. SL knows who the true supporters are and who the trouble makers are.

And, yes a change is sometimes needed - for things to progress. Perhaps the Supporters drinking club needs a new leader - as well as the country?

Good luck Mr Coppel, i hope our more fickle fans give you the time you need, i think you could be our best signing ever! I hope you are not subjected to the same rubbish our previous manager had to put up with, and that you find the better supporters at our club to be more welcome,refreshing and quite different in they're aproach to you. SL knows who the true supporters are and who the trouble makers are.

With Steve Coppell's track record of producing teams that play good and attacking football, thats not very likely.

However, theres no doubt at all that should SC start to serve up bland and dreary football and become obsessed with strikers and 'target men' in particular who can't find the net then he'll find himself coming under the same critism as his predecessor but that simply won't happen.

I reckon we are all in for a footballing treat come next season.

Coppells a good man and deserves time and support to get it right. Hopefully people appreciate that and wont be as quick to jump on him at the first sign of trouble like they were with Johnson. I doubt Coppell would put up with it.

He's always been a thinker and studious. I remember when he played for Man Utd, that the commentators would comment on the fact that he had achieved a Bachelor of Science Degree. Don't know what in though.

My type of manager...lets get behind him.

Coppells a good man and deserves time and support to get it right. Hopefully people appreciate that and wont be as quick to jump on him at the first sign of trouble like they were with Johnson. I doubt Coppell would put up with it.

He is indeed.

I'm sure he wouldn't put up with it but at the same time he might not be the type of manager who takes much notice of fans forums or radio phone-ins. No doubt at that Steve Coppell will know what kind of job he's doing. The fans won't need to tell him.

I thought that Johnson had quite an easy ride, barring one run of games 08/09 was pretty poor, and 09/10 was utter dross. His signings did not exactly represent value for money, with occasional exceptions. Youth was totally ignored. We had far too large a squad, as highlighted by the EP yesterday, and for Months some of us pointed out that we had quantity rather than quality. The signs of trouble had ben there for a long time, some fans just preferred to ignore them.

He's always been a thinker and studious. I remember when he played for Man Utd, that the commentators would comment on the fact that he had achieved a Bachelor of Science Degree. Don't know what in though.

My type of manager...lets get behind him.

Economics. Was/is Coppell on Points West some time this week?

He is indeed.

I'm sure he wouldn't put up with it but at the same time he might not be the type of manager who takes much notice of fans forums or radio phone-ins. No doubt at that Steve Coppell will know what kind of job he's doing. The fans won't need to tell him.

The fans persuaded him to stay at Reading so he does listen to them. Something to bear in mind for the rumor mongers and negativity spreaders amongst us.

There is definitely a "Cameron - Clegg" thing going on in this thread.

People who once tore each other apart on this forum are having, well not quite a love in, but some mutual respect with some underlying edginess.

A season of peace and harmony awaits on the OTIB forum. :tumbleweed:

People who once tore each other apart on this forum are having, well not quite a love in, but some mutual respect with some underlying edginess.

A season of peace and harmony awaits on the OTIB forum. tumbleweed.gif

till the next election in a month or so.

Of which...sadly....there are many!

You should change the word 'are' with the word 'were'.

Our previous manager was critised by many because he produced dull and dreary football and was obsessed with strikers, amongst other flaws.

I have no doubt at all that Steve Coppell will not cause the fans to turn against him as our previous manager did.

Our previous manager was critised by many because he produced dull and dreary football and was obsessed with strikers, amongst other flaws.

I have no doubt at all that Steve Coppell will not cause the fans to turn against him as our previous manager did.

Dont try to make excuses for your disgusting behaviour over a 4 year period.

• Admin

Can't see it happening.

I buy a season ticket, just like I have for many seasons, I pay my City Society/City2000/ whatever the latest mutation is, I pay my supporters club fees every year, I buy half time draw tickets, and often give funds in other ways.

Quite why I should pay to listen to media interviews, I just can't get my head round that.

Can't see it happening.

I buy a season ticket, just like I have for many seasons, I pay my City Society/City2000/ whatever the latest mutation is, I pay my supporters club fees every year, I buy half time draw tickets, and often give funds in other ways.

Quite why I should pay to listen to media interviews, I just can't get my head round that.

I used to think like you about 'pay for view' City interviews and cancelled my previous subscription after about a year of bland repetative interviews carried out by Richard Latham. sleeping.gif

I re-subscribed not long after Adam Baker took over the interviews and whilst they are not deeply incisive or penatrative they are very informative and shows and element into the character of the individual including all the players. Reading the interviews 24 hrs later is not the same. Not just interviews either, all the City highlights including reserve games.

Personally I reckon its well worth it.

That said I dont buy a half time draw ticket nor do I subcribe to City 2000 or buy a programme.

SL says fans should buy a ST, go to matches and always be positive! I can tick all those boxes......can you?

I have no doubt SC will bring us success, but one day he will leave or be sacked....when this happens i shall thank him for his achievements and wish him well for all he has done for us.....as i did our previous manager.....unfortunately you seemed unable to do this.....as SL says - you think you know it all.....but know nothing!!!

innocent06.gif

Normal service has been resumed following an unplanned showing of Love Story..

Oh no! just as the markets were recovering.

I must say, I haven't been on this forum for long but I can't understand why Robbored gets so much stick. A lot of what he says seems perfectly reasonable to me.

No I'm not trying to start a new coalition.

A season of peace and harmony awaits on the OTIB forum. :tumbleweed:

Because change was badly needed like the Election ...... City mirrored the country stale ,predictable,out of idea's .

Oh no! just as the markets were recovering.

I must say, I haven't been on this forum for long but I can't understand why Robbored gets so much stick. A lot of what he says seems perfectly reasonable to me.

No I'm not trying to start a new coalition.

Try reading the otib classic thread "Gary johnson v the supportrs club" or something like that or... "Great day out at Wembley" or something like that.

Then make your own mind up.

Really how many would that be then? Not me I have the belief in Coppell, but let's just not jump the gun as expectations can often outstrip reality.

So where are the 'many' ?

I have only witnessed a positive response to Coppells appointment on here.

While things are positive here at the moment and are bound to be as we get new signings and ramp up to the start of the season wait until we go on our first bad run - then you will see how many true supporters our current manager has.

I think 50 % of the people that were ejaculating over his appointment and are saying positive things about him right now will move to uncertainty with statements like the "jury is still out on Coppell" after our first run of 5 games without a win, if this situation deteriorates any further there will be unfounded rumours of players wanting to leave and personal attacks about the guys character and asking questions like "Why does he use that bloody pro zone? I can see it with my eyes" or stating "Coppell has lost the dressing room" while slowly but surely less and less people come to his defence.

Its only a matter of time.

For Those that want to read about Robboreds negative spin and why he ACTUALLY doesn't like our last manager rather than the convenient truths he pushes I suggest reading this Click

Really how many would that be then? Not me I have the belief in Coppell, but let's just not jump the gun as expectations can often outstrip reality.

So where are the 'many' ?

I have only witnessed a positive response to Coppells appointment on here.

Give it a few months. The old boys network will soon be spreading rumour after rumour, not matter how damaging.

Archived