IGNORED

Swindon Town

Ryan_BCFC

Exactly. One shot on target between both sides in the whole game, and that was Knight's penalty (what happened to him btw?). I still want my money back. disapointed2se.gif

last i heard he was at wycombe wanderers.

but the guy who won the penalty, have no idea what happened to him. whistle.gif

Think back a few years ago to when we played Hartlepool in the League 1 play offs. The grounds were packed, but at Millwall and Charlton this week, there were empty seats on the sides of the grounds, yet the commentator mentioned sell out crowds. The lower tier of one end of Millwall's was empty, but that was policing. The Don Valley Stad looked quite full for Rotherham's game, but at a guess they'll find 30 - 40,000 life long fans when the Wembley tickets go on sale.

The "old" Swindon Town (the decade of squads prior to Wilson's arrival) would have never got through the 2nd Leg at Charlton Athletic especially after the poor first 60 minutes but we got there and deserved it.

A week before Wembley and we're looking quite good...

• We're financially okay (it's been a good while since "old" Swindon Town problems have emerged and when they have the board have successfully dealt with it)
  • A fantastic chairman and board. Promotion would complete the '5 year plan' to get into The Championship' ahead of schedule.
  • A dedicated 'been there, done that' manager who does prefer playing decent football.
  • A squad with genuine potential and a sense of unity I haven't seen in a Town squad for years. Sure, they'll go when a bigger and better offers arrive but their collective attitude has been notable.
  • Also, the redevelopment of the County Ground moving along at a slow but sure pace.

One week is, as they say, a long time in football and Millwall are the pundits and bookies favourites but stranger things have happened...

I don't expect this tale to harm the hearts of City fans but what Danny Wilson (with the support of the board) has done here in such a short space of time is definately worth defending.

Hope everyone is well.

Regards,

Rich

Archived