IGNORED

So Good To Be A City Fan Atm

Mclovin BS14

Just felt like saying i havent been this excited since i was younger for christmas, it just feels great being a city with coppell as manager, new stadium on the way, an outstanding chairman and a push for promotion next year :englandsmile4wf::city: its onwards and upwards from here lads.

Let the Coppell era begin :winner_third_h4h:

Just felt like saying i havent been this excited since i was younger for christmas, it just feels great being a city with coppell as manager, new stadium on the way, an outstanding chairman and a push for promotion next year :englandsmile4wf::city: its onwards and upwards from here lads.

:chant6ez: better training facilities, we will be keeping maynard and one of the best sport manufacturers in the world, what makes it sweeter is this http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/90352-new-shirt-has-arrived/

:chant6ez: better training facilities, we will be keeping maynard and one of the best sport manufacturers in the world, what makes it sweeter is this http://www.brfcforum...rt-has-arrived/

My God, it must be so bad to be a Gash-ead! How many variations of the quarters can they bring out without it looking like a tesco's carrier bag? Every year, their kit looks the same............... S_hit!

Not that ambition is a bad thing but you might want to try and keep your expectations in check, you could be very disappoint next year if you listen to the PR machine that's in place to sell season tickets.

chant6ez.gif better training facilities, we will be keeping maynard and one of the best sport manufacturers in the world, what makes it sweeter is this http://www.brfcforum...rt-has-arrived/

Seriously, looking at the badge on the new table cloth, sorry, rovers shirt - they have all been cut out by stevie wonder.........

:chant6ez: better training facilities, we will be keeping maynard and one of the best sport manufacturers in the world, what makes it sweeter is this http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/90352-new-shirt-has-arrived/

They really are a shambles of a club aren't they. I almost feel sorry for them...

Perhaps we can send them some of our adidas kits to make up for the disappointment.

"I see according to the front of the Evening Post that "Mr Bristol" Steve Lansdown has left the country to avoid paying Tax. I wonder what sort state the country would be in if we all did the same .....

"

I imagine if we were all to employ 650 people, pay their wages, pay corporation tax and all become millionaires ourselves it would be a damned good country.

I haven't felt so optimistic since 1998 when we went up under John Ward and then went mad in the transfer market Akinbiyi £1.2 mil - Thorpe £1mil- Soren Andersen £400,000 - and best of all Carl Hutchings a snip at £150,000. With free signing Julian Watts from Prem team Leicester replacing the injured Sean Taylor nothing much was going to stop us making a strong challenge for a double promotionwinner_third_h4h.gif . Until we kicked off in Augustdisapointed2se.gif

Seriously, I have a good feeling about our new manager and am genuinely optimistic about next season (see above - I really thought that team was going places), BUT I think its a bit early to be crowing about something when we have no idea what will happen. Although I know that's what we, as footie fans, do.fingerscrossed.gif

Don't get me wrong I feel that SC was the best possible appointment we could have made and his experience of getting teams into the prem gives him the edge over GJ and JW in what we want to achieve - but football - especially the league we are in - has that annnoying liitle habit of kicking you in the teeth (especially if you support Bristol City and England!) lets hope not though!!

I haven't felt so optimistic since 1998 when we went up under John Ward and then went mad in the transfer market Akinbiyi £1.2 mil - Thorpe £1mil- Soren Andersen £400,000 - and best of all Carl Hutchings a snip at £150,000. With free signing Julian Watts from Prem team Leicester replacing the injured Sean Taylor nothing much was going to stop us making a strong challenge for a double promotionwinner_third_h4h.gif . Until we kicked off in Augustdisapointed2se.gif

oh the memories.

"I see according to the front of the Evening Post that "Mr Bristol" Steve Lansdown has left the country to avoid paying Tax. I wonder what sort state the country would be in if we all did the same .....

"

I imagine if we were all to employ 650 people, pay their wages, pay corporation tax and all become millionaires ourselves it would be a damned good country.

and if we had a more sensible tax structure that encouraged enterpeneurs to stay, stay they would!!

it's precisely the point one of the sensible ones made - would you rather have nine people earning £1m and paying 45%, or bump the tax to 50% and only have five of them stay to pay it... simply raising the tax rate is not always the best way to increase income from tax unsure.gif

and if we had a more sensible tax structure that encouraged enterpeneurs to stay, stay they would!!

Agree. Lansdown worked for his money, he wasn't born with it and it isn't fair that he should have to pay proportionally more tax. He already pays vastly more because that's kind of how percentages work.

Still I guess the country doesn't need people that start successful companies and employ thousands.

Just felt like saying i havent been this excited since i was younger for christmas, it just feels great being a city with coppell as manager, new stadium on the way, an outstanding chairman and a push for promotion next year englandsmile4wf.gifcity.gif its onwards and upwards from here lads.

Let the Coppell era begin winner_third_h4h.gif

Agreed. The 'feel good factor' kicked in almost immediately after our previous manager left. Under Millen we saw more attractive football and a run of decent result with only one blip which showed what the squad would have been capable of under a different manager.

Now with Steve Coppell at the helm we have plenty of attacking football to look forward to, plus with the addition of some new players over the summer many of us can hardly wait for next season to start.

Add to that the expansion of the training facilities and the new stadium we have a lot to thank Steve Lansdown for.

Agreed. The 'feel good factor' kicked in almost immediately after our previous manager left. Under Millen we saw more attractive football and a run of decent result with only one blip which showed what the squad would have been capable of under a different manager.

Now with Steve Coppell at the helm we have plenty of attacking football to look forward to, plus with the addition of some new players over the summer many of us can hardly wait for next season to start.

Add to that the expansion of the training facilities and the new stadium we have a lot to thank Steve Lansdown for.

I really thought you would have stopped all this crap by now, I know there isn't loads to talk about at the moment but can you be the bigger person and just leave it where it is i.e. in the past.

Anyone that wants to read the real reason Robbored didn't like GJ then you can read what happened here.

My God, it must be so bad to be a Gash-ead!

Look at next season's away trips; City have to go to Middlesbrough, but the gas have to go even further to Hartlepool. Heading North West we can stop at Preston whilst they continue up the M6 to Carlisle.

Should Swindon win the play off final, City have local derbies v Cardiff & Swindle whilst the gas trek to Plymuff.

Their only advantage is we have to travel to Norwich whilst they only go as far as Colchester.

I really thought you would have stopped all this crap by now, I know there isn't loads to talk about at the moment but can you be the bigger person and just leave it where it is i.e. in the past.

So you don't agree that things improved after our previous manager left the club? Lots and lots of City fans think that things did improve, but not you it seems.

And I thought you would have stopped all your sniping at me by now.

All of you need to move on.

Robbo was correct - their was a lift at the club - was it a snipe? maybe it was - but so what so what if it was? GJ is gone - Lets look forward.

We got a manager who will bring attacking football and we all rate him.

Whats the point in arguing about a former manager?? and why ruin discussions just because robbo is taking part?

All of you need to move on.

Robbo was correct - their was a lift at the club - was it a snipe? maybe it was - but so what so what if it was? GJ is gone - Lets look forward.

We got a manager who will bring attacking football and we all rate him.

Whats the point in arguing about a former manager?? and why ruin discussions just because robbo is taking part?

You are absolutely correct, But FFS how many times do we need him to tell us, The Pope is apparently a catholic but I don't need to be reminded every ******* day, I feel most of us have moved on but every time he posts there is a 'snipe' or 'barbed' comment and the really sad part about it is it's really his and has been his only agenda and now he has run out of ideas for rational debate.

Archived