IGNORED

Bradley Orr Off? Bbc Rumours

GrahamC

With Ribs coming through and Coppell wanting to do a bit of dealing of his own, wouldn't surprise me.

Would Bradley want to go and play for Colin, that's another matter.......

Unusual rumour in that it goes as far as suggesting it is done bar the medical. More plausible than most but would leave us with one right back (Ribeiro) and one left back (McAllister), though Joe Edwards might come into he equation. Presumably Colin no longer regards all our player as cheats. :innocent06:

Such a move would also contradict SC's claim that nothing will happen until he has seen the players in pre-season training.

Unusual rumour in that it goes as far as suggesting it is done bar the medical. More plausible than most but would leave us with one right back (Ribeiro) and one left back (McAllister), though Joe Edwards might come into he equation. Presumably Colin no longer regards all our player as cheats. innocent06.gif

Such a move would also contradict SC's claim that nothing will happen until he has seen the players in pre-season training.

But then if SC has a replacement in mind and is offered a fair fee, why wait to see a player in training? I would have thought that SC would have seen / heard enough about Bradley over the years, that he wouldn't really need to see him in training to have to make his mind up.

Unusual rumour in that it goes as far as suggesting it is done bar the medical. More plausible than most but would leave us with one right back (Ribeiro) and one left back (McAllister), though Joe Edwards might come into he equation. Presumably Colin no longer regards all our player as cheats. :innocent06:

Is that what SC said?

I thought it was more along the lines of, in an ideal world he'd like to evaluate all the players in pre-season training before making moves in the transfer market, but the transfer window means that's not necessarily possible.

Indicating that what he'd like to do and what will actually happen are 2 different things, and not ruling out earlier business at all.

As for Bradley, sorry to see him go in some ways - isn't he our longest serving player? - but no fears about Ribeiro being a more than adequate replacement.

With Ribs coming through and Coppell wanting to do a bit of dealing of his own, wouldn't surprise me.

Would Bradley want to go and play for Colin, that's another matter.......

good price in my opinion, not going to get any better now and coppell will want a passing style of football which sadly Orr is lacking in.

Is that what SC said?

I thought it was more along the lines of, in an ideal world he'd like to evaluate all the players in pre-season training before making moves in the transfer market, but the transfer window means that's not necessarily possible.

Indicating that what he'd like to do and what will actually happen are 2 different things, and not ruling out earlier business at all.

As for Bradley, sorry to see him go in some ways - isn't he our longest serving player? - but no fears about Ribeiro being a more than adequate replacement.

His precise words:

"In an ideal world I will know everyone who is available, we'd start training on July 1st and that is when you really get to know players. "I can look at so many DVDs and see all the games. But it is only when you are in control of a player and you see how he reacts to you and see how he reacts to the way you want him to play that you see the chemistry. Once you see all that that is when you can start making decisions.

"In an ideal world I will have two weeks of pre-season training - maybe play a couple of games and then I will be able to say right, this is what I want to do. Hopefully the players I want will still be available. It isn't going to happen like that though.

"You are going to have to take a risk on players. It is like the draft in the NFL, you're hoping the players you want are still available when it comes to your pick. I cannot imagine that there will be a great deal of traffic before July."

So yes, you are right, though he takes the same line as Gary as to when there is likely to be inward activity. Ironic given Gary was roundly abused for what was simply a realistic position. However Steve's statement is a tad ambiguous, perhaps intentionally.

Would be good business if true but QPR have in Warnock,s own words a rubbish team badly run that will take a while to sort out so what would his motivation be. I feel he has a better chance of moving on at the gate with a better manager than Warnock. Money motivated, living in the capital are the immediate thoughts but feel going forward he is one of the better defenders in the championship but remember on numerous occasions him being found out in his own box last season. I suppose we shall see. But great to see the rumour wheel starting to turn.

"QPR are close to signing Bristol City full-back Bradley Orr for £500,000. (News of the World)".

Hmmm..........

Bradley and Colin didn't exactly see eye to eye at the end of the game at AG last season - Brad was trying to shake Colin's hand and in return Colin was giving him some verbals about the goal that never was.

I think ideally we would surely look to keep him for another season while Ribs gradually takes more and more game time from him

I suppose if he only has a year left that would mean loosing him for £0 at the end in which case letting him go now might be sensible for a fee.

Although he is quite limited in possesion I think that defensively he is a very good fullback and his determination and effort cannot be questioned.

As per McCallister i think his limited passing abilities will be less exposed in a 442 where there is always a simple pass forward to the winger in front of you.

Would be a shame to see him go, especially to a potential rival club (and bl**dy Colin!)

I think ideally we would surely look to keep him for another season while Ribs gradually takes more and more game time from him

I suppose if he only has a year left that would mean loosing him for £0 at the end in which case letting him go now might be sensible for a fee.

Although he is quite limited in possesion I think that defensively he is a very good fullback and his determination and effort cannot be questioned.

As per McCallister i think his limited passing abilities will be less exposed in a 442 where there is always a simple pass forward to the winger in front of you.

Would be a shame to see him go, especially to a potential rival club (and bl**dy Colin!)

if we are going to progress then we have to ditch Orr And McCallister. Both ok defenders but going forward both of there final balls are shocking at best.

But then if SC has a replacement in mind and is offered a fair fee, why wait to see a player in training? I would have thought that SC would have seen / heard enough about Bradley over the years, that he wouldn't really need to see him in training to have to make his mind up.

Liam Rosenior maybe?

Orr out

Sawyer in, to play on the right side ?

So you'd sign a left back and play him at right back, then?

I suppose it would make a change from us playing right footed players on the left.

If we sign Sawyer (though my guess is that is unlikely) he'll play in his natural position.

Like a previous poster I did wonder about Liam Rosenior, who Coppello signed at Reading and is now available on a Bosman, but also accept that it is tricky one if Bradley was to depart, as Christian Ribeiro is an inexperienced gamble to be our sole right back but is far too good to spend another season as a back up one.

So you'd sign a left back and play him at right back, then?

I suppose it would make a change from us playing right footed players on the left.

If we sign Sawyer (though my guess is that is unlikely) he'll play in his natural position.

Like a previous poster I did wonder about Liam Rosenior, who Coppello signed at Reading and is now available on a Bosman, but also accept that it is tricky one if Bradley was to depart, as Christian Ribeiro is an inexperienced gamble to be our sole right back but is far too good to spend another season as a back up one.

Why should we sell any of our players to the club that labels us cheats ... farcical.

if we are going to progress then we have to ditch Orr And McCallister. Both ok defenders but going forward both of there final balls are shocking at best.

Exacly Orr came here as a midfielder could not get into the team there,was given a go at right back when we moved carey into the middle and has kept the position. i think he is one of the weakest links in the team,one that needs changing under coppell,if we are serious of a promotion challenge.

end product is rubbish.

to be honest guys, i think you're all being very harsh on bradley. i rekon he's improved immensley since joining us and adapted well to life at right back. he was a decent player last year and one of the most commited in our club (also one of the nicest). he plays with his heart on his sleeve and that's what i personally want to see. yes his end product is crap but i'd rather have a decent solid defender at the back than a crap one but good going forward as that's what wingers are for!

Good deal for City. I think the full backs are a position we need to improve. I like Orr very committed but of limited ability his distribution is appalling. We need full backs to deliver more quality crosses into the box.

to be honest guys, i think you're all being very harsh on bradley. i rekon he's improved immensley since joining us and adapted well to life at right back. he was a decent player last year and one of the most commited in our club (also one of the nicest). he plays with his heart on his sleeve and that's what i personally want to see. yes his end product is crap but i'd rather have a decent solid defender at the back than a crap one but good going forward as that's what wingers are for!

Quite, ther first job is defending and let's face it our right winger is awful at crossing. The Championship is not packed with great attacking full backs. Indeed England have Johnson and Cole and nobody else of quality (Carragher anyone?), and Johnson is a suspect defender. Ribeiro could become a good all rounder perhaps but he still has to be good at defending first. Odd how full backs get stick for not being good attackers but people take umbrage if wingers are critised for not being good defensively.

Archived