IGNORED

Bradley Orr Off? Bbc Rumours

GrahamC

Quite, ther first job is defending and let's face it our right winger is awful at crossing. The Championship is not packed with great attacking full backs. Indeed England have Johnson and Cole and nobody else of quality (Carragher anyone?), and Johnson is a suspect defender. Ribeiro could become a good all rounder perhaps but he still has to be good at defending first. Odd how full backs get stick for not being good attackers but people take umbrage if wingers are critised for not being good defensively.

(double post sorry)

IMO Take the money and run.....

I hope he doesn't go, especially at that price. Double that would be more realistic imo. Regardless of his limited attacking ability he is a very sound defender and one of the best in Championship.

Ribiero is the exact opposite, very good going forward but has still got a lot to learn defensively and I can't imagine we'll go into the season with 1 right back anyway. So how are we going to get someone as good as Orr for £500k?

Have to agree with most, despite being reasonabally consistent at this level its one of those areas that could do with a new quality addition. RB and LB is a position where the market values aren't over inflated, and £500,000 for a player who could walk for free next year (and had issues with contracts in the past!!) is a very good deal. Ribs could easily adapt to right back, and going on his few appearances last season his attacking runs, stamina and awarness is ideal. Can't lose an this deal, cash in Coppell.

Orr's a solid, whole hearted defender. He always gives his all and he's a brave player. Ribeiro looks, briefly it must be said, like he has that and is capable of more.

It could be a good move for everyone as Bradley gets a contract that sees him financially sorted and to play in a Colin ****** side that will value strength over skill, we get to play our promising young international and a bag of cash to spend.

If it's not true we have some serious competition next season and that's fine as well.

Like a previous poster I did wonder about Liam Rosenior, who Coppello signed at Reading and is now available on a Bosman, but also accept that it is tricky one if Bradley was to depart, as Christian Ribeiro is an inexperienced gamble to be our sole right back but is far too good to spend another season as a back up one.

I don't agree that Ribeiro is a gamble. He showed enough class in the last few games to convince me that he is more than adequate to step up to the 1st team permanently. However, would still be very sad to see Bradders go, as he has become quite a cult figure at the club. Always gives 100%. Even with just a year left on his contract, I also don't feel that £500k is enough, as we would need to spend more than that to bring in cover for Ribs (or a 1st choice RB if Coppell doesn't feel that he's ready). Would also hate the idea of him joining a potential promotion rival and working under that scum of a manager. :disapointed2se:

Oh, and come on England! :englandsmile4wf:

Orr is a perfect Colin ****** type player, So his passing inability will not be an issue, He can just lump it up in the general direction of lard arse Mackie, Great deal if true, Whole hearted but his sloppy distribution makes him a total liability and his volatility (even with his own team mates) also makes him a liability, Orr is definately not a SC type of player.

to be honest guys, i think you're all being very harsh on bradley. i rekon he's improved immensley since joining us and adapted well to life at right back. he was a decent player last year and one of the most commited in our club (also one of the nicest). he plays with his heart on his sleeve and that's what i personally want to see. yes his end product is crap but i'd rather have a decent solid defender at the back than a crap one but good going forward as that's what wingers are for!

If we are to progress towards the Prem we need to improve quality in all departments over time.

I think he has been a loyal servent, but life moves forward.

Good luck Brad. dance.gif

to be honest guys, i think you're all being very harsh on bradley. i rekon he's improved immensley since joining us and adapted well to life at right back. he was a decent player last year and one of the most commited in our club (also one of the nicest). he plays with his heart on his sleeve and that's what i personally want to see. yes his end product is crap but i'd rather have a decent solid defender at the back than a crap one but good going forward as that's what wingers are for!

Agree with this up to a point- he has improved greatly for us in recent years. He was a midfielder when he first joined and showed sufficent flexibility to convert himself into a right back. Hell, was it not just 2 years ago that he was declared the Championship right back of the season?

Having said this, his distribution could undoubtedly be better and attacking full backs are now an integral part of football- all the best sides have them these days. So, probably as others have said a good deal all round. Maybe £500k a little on the cheap side though, for a hitherto first choice right back in a consistently top 10 Championship side...

Agree with this up to a point- he has improved greatly for us in recent years. He was a midfielder when he first joined and showed sufficent flexibility to convert himself into a right back. Hell, was it not just 2 years ago that he was declared the Championship right back of the season?

Having said this, his distribution could undoubtedly be better and attacking full backs are now an integral part of football- all the best sides have them these days. So, probably as others have said a good deal all round. Maybe £500k a little on the cheap side though, for a hitherto first choice right back in a consistently top 10 Championship side...

sorry about not writting on my first post . allways read never post so here go,s i. m.o. he is doing a good job there. dissrabution eratic ,but gives 100% unlike some others we have ,down the ground inthe past. sorry slow but not very p c

"If" (and personally I think its a big IF) this is Kosher then I am gutted on three counts?

1. WHY are we selling one of our main stays? Whilst he would be the first to admit his distribution in the final third is not the best, he is 100% committed and was it not just a couple of seasons ago that Bradders was voted in the PFA's Championship team of the season? Surely Brad is the type of player we should be looking to keep as part of a STRONG Championship team.

2. £500,000 - What does half a million buy you these days - certainly not a ready made replacement and whilst I rate Ribs I think it is probably to early to expect him to last a wholse season in the Championship with zilch cover?

And probably worst of all

3. "If" true we are selling one of our own to C O L I N - Yes the same Colin that I thought was detested, despised and thoroughly a not nice person, plus we are getting rid of one of our most experienced players to a RIVAL!!!! Of course if it is solid then why cut out the financial payment why dont we just take that prolific QPR forward Pat Angryman in exchange!!!! YES I AM JOKING

I just really hope that its more mud raking from our famed gutter press and like a lot of these stories is wrapping up a cod lot asap.

nono.gif

"If" (and personally I think its a big IF) this is Kosher then I am gutted on three counts?

1. WHY are we selling one of our main stays? Whilst he would be the first to admit his distribution in the final third is not the best, he is 100% committed and was it not just a couple of seasons ago that Bradders was voted in the PFA's Championship team of the season? Surely Brad is the type of player we should be looking to keep as part of a STRONG Championship team.

2. £500,000 - What does half a million buy you these days - certainly not a ready made replacement and whilst I rate Ribs I think it is probably to early to expect him to last a wholse season in the Championship with zilch cover?

And probably worst of all

3. "If" true we are selling one of our own to C O L I N - Yes the same Colin that I thought was detested, despised and thoroughly a not nice person, plus we are getting rid of one of our most experienced players to a RIVAL!!!! Of course if it is solid then why cut out the financial payment why dont we just take that prolific QPR forward Pat Angryman in exchange!!!! YES I AM JOKING

I just really hope that its more mud raking from our famed gutter press and like a lot of these stories is wrapping up a cod lot asap.

nono.gif

How do you know he's commited?

If this is true for all we know Coppell has spoken to him and asked him if he intends ot sign a new contract and he's said no.

Coppell said in his interview that players with a year left on contracts have to be dealt wiht or they walk away for nothing. This would fit with that philosophy.

I'd be quite happy with that. Riberio will be better than Orr soon and we can afford to get rid and buy someone else.

Whilst Orr is commited and not a bad defender. His passing, crossing and skill aren't the best.

Completely agree, can't knock his effort but ability wise...not the greatest

Archived