IGNORED

Bradley Orr Off? Bbc Rumours

GrahamC

I personally wouldn't shed any tears if he went. He is a fully committed professional, good defensively but he lacks real ability and pace. £500k? I would bite their hand off at that price and stick Ribiero in there.

One thing I wouldn't miss is his constant screaming and whinging at other players - particularly those that end up playing in front of him. It's not big, It's not clever and it certainly doesnt help. Just makes them more nevrvous the next time they get the ball and more likely to **** it up.......

There's a few on here that have the GJ ideal I think, maybe even a few that disagreed openly with that GJ ideal of not giving youngsters a chance to prove themselves.

Ribiero is more than well equipped to step into Bradleys boots IF he goes, whatever happens I will trust Steve Coppell and Keith Millen, whom I would imagine waxed lyrical to Coppell about Ribiero, I trust our management team make the correct decision, I doubt very much that they will go into season with an unbalanced squad with little or no cover!

Whatever and whenever this story may have been "leaked" as he reads this column I have one very direct question to Steve Lansdown?

WHAT AND WHY (If the story is proven to be correct) ARE WE SELLING ONE OF OUR MOST EXPERIENCED AND COMMITTED PLAYERS TO A RIVAL TEAM WHO IN MOST PEOPLES OPINIONS WILL BE UP WITH US CHALLENGING AT THE TOP END OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON???????

We are appearing to weaken our team and defence to strengthen a rivals team and defence for a paltry £500K??????

Please Mr.Lansdown either get the media spin department to release a statement on the official site denying this story (even on a Bank Holiday they can do so from the comfort of their home lap top) or tell us why you think that £500K is more important to us than an experienced Championship right back who only a couple of seasons ago was voted into the PFA's Championship team of the season and if the story is proven correct will soon be plying his trade against us in the same league???

Again "if" correct MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

TBH I think Bradley Orr will sign his new contract, got a young family and he wont want the hassle of moving them, If we let go of Orr it would be a massive mistake. There is a lot of talk about his distribution but to be fair if he had everything he would be in the Premier League.

Look at Glen Johnson England's right back he can go forward and distribute but can't defend so what's the difference. I am sorry but not everyone has everything in their locker, thats the trouble with some posters on here in dream land about the sort of players we can get.

And to say Riberio is ready to step into right back is laughable, did anyone see his games when he played there last season, caught out of position many times, I prefer to see him in Centre Back where he looked the part.

Orr must not leave, best right back we have had at this club in years.

Whatever and whenever this story may have been "leaked" as he reads this column I have one very direct question to Steve Lansdown?

WHAT AND WHY (If the story is proven to be correct) ARE WE SELLING ONE OF OUR MOST EXPERIENCED AND COMMITTED PLAYERS TO A RIVAL TEAM WHO IN MOST PEOPLES OPINIONS WILL BE UP WITH US CHALLENGING AT THE TOP END OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON???????

We are appearing to weaken our team and defence to strengthen a rivals team and defence for a paltry £500K??????

Please Mr.Lansdown either get the media spin department to release a statement on the official site denying this story (even on a Bank Holiday they can do so from the comfort of their home lap top) or tell us why you think that £500K is more important to us than an experienced Championship right back who only a couple of seasons ago was voted into the PFA's Championship team of the season and if the story is proven correct will soon be plying his trade against us in the same league???

Totally agree, you don't let one of our best players go to a rival! And we shouldn,t be looking to sell him anyway.

Simon two reasons Coppell has probably got a better player for the position,and orr is one of the weakest links in the current team.As said in a previous post Coppell will be improving the team not weakening it.we have no reason to doubt coppell,twice he has taken two different teams up ==lets leave it to the master==

The club have already made a response - http://www.thisisbri...il/article.html

A City spokesman confirmed: "There has been no formal offer from Queens Park Rangers for Bradley."At the moment, there is a lot of talk, but nothing more than that. They have not been in contact with us."

"But that does not mean there is nothing going on behind the scenes and a bid may well be in the offing."

"Bradley has been offered an extremely good deal by the club and Steve Coppell does not want him to go," added the club spokesman.

"We are aware of the figures that are being bandied around in the press and, I can assure you, we would not accept a total package worth £500,000. Anyone wanting to sign Bradley would have to do better than that."

"There are some clubs that don't seem to mind how much they spend, but we are in a position where we don't have to sell if we don't want to."

Totally agree, you don't let one of our best players go to a rival! And we shouldn,t be looking to sell him anyway.

Agree.

Our defence clearly needs a big shake-up - our goals against column shows that.

However Orr - despite still being suspect on distribution - is the one player in the defence who I wouldn't think twice about keeping.

Carey ain't getting any younger, McCombe is League 1 standard and McAllister has had awful games.

I reckon we need at least a central defender and a left back. What we don't need is to go out and sell Orr.

The premier league is awash with international talent, hence why players like Adam, bothroyd, hartley, chopra, whittingham etc etc ply their trade in the league below, what's laughable is to suggest that Bradley Orr would be good enough for the premier league if he could pass, surely for a lad who is supposedly a midfielder his distribution should be fantastic, it's a key attribute, whatever position you play in.

A year left on his contract, 500k on table, thanks Colin, thanks very much.

And to say Riberio is ready to step into right back is laughable, did anyone see his games when he played there last season, caught out of position many times, I prefer to see him in Centre Back where he looked the part.

Orr must not leave, best right back we have had at this club in years.

Ribs made a poor error at Scunny too for one of their goals. Aside from that though, he picked up TWO man of the match awards last season did he not?

If we do sell Orr then Hayden Mullins would be a decent replacement.

In Coppell I trust.

He wouldn't sell a player without

a - having a current member of the squad being of sufficient backup (people on here keep mentioning Ribs, i personally think he's more CB than RB)

b - bringing somebody new in should A not apply.

and that would go for any members of the team, even Maynard.

He has to apply his authority on the team and create his own, maybe Orr isn't what he sees in a RB.

Guest Parson St Station

sorry but this is ridiculous.Why sell Bradders at all in the summer?

If Ribs is good enough he will take over and Brad can leave in Jan if he wishes.And with all our best wishes I would hope.

But if he goes now and Ribs does his knee after 3 games,what then?

500,000k versus no Right-back? Doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

Whatever our mixed opinions are let's first see if the stories are true and more importantly trust our excellent new manager, with a proven record of getting teams promoted to the premier league.

here here.

what us fans have to realise is that this wont be a 1 season wonder, at Palace and Reading, it took a few seasons to get promoted. They still played good football in this division though.

Bradley is one of, if not the the best defensive right back in the Championship. In addition he always gives 100% and appears to me to be a model professional. As a bonus he scores a few goals as well. I know his crossing is sometimes criticised but if he was the complete package he would be in the Premier League.

If anyone doubts the value of Bradley to the team, both in terms of his ability and his motivating effect upon the other players, you only have to look at our results when he is not playing. Remember how our results suffered when GJ left him out the team when he would not sign a new contract?

At 27 he is at the peak of his career and unless Bradley wants to leave we should do all we can to keep him. If he wants to go then we should be looking to get considerably more than £500,000 - can't get much for that nowadays in terms of quality players.

Could be a double whammy in that not only will we lose one our best players but one of our close rivals in the Championship will benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went actually. sometimes players just need a fresh start, SC taking over sort of gives him that at City and I'm sure he's generally happy here. But the chance of a big signing on fee and the opportunity to be part of a new project at QPR could be the extra carrot to make his mind up, I predict he'll leave for 750,000.

I think that it's his agent to be honest. He's been offered a new contract and looks like he wants more cash ( where have I heard that before?) hence story leaked to papers to force Citys hand.

Personally I think he is an ok player but has a tendency to think he is better on the ball than he actually is. And for some reason will never pass outside but will always cut Inside thus losing width and frustrating the winger.

I think that it's his agent to be honest. He's been offered a new contract and looks like he wants more cash ( where have I heard that before?) hence story leaked to papers to force Citys hand.

Personally I think he is an ok player but has a tendency to think he is better on the ball than he actually is. And for some reason will never pass outside but will always cut Inside thus losing width and frustrating the winger.

Quite. Contract talks start and the agent starts trying to test the water to see if anyone else will offer more. So stories are planted in the press in an attempt to bounce the club into offering more or selling. The club will not take the bait I'm sure so it's up to Brad to decide his priorities. I doubt Steve will lose any sleep over it having said he wants a squad of 20+ players who are committed to the club. Anyone who isn't can go, but at a price that suits us.

I thik the more games Ribiero plays the more like he is to take Orr places in the team, personally I believe it's time to cash in when we can.

Orr is in a very awkward position now I believe as I honestly feel he's place in the team is no longer 100%

I like Bradley but if he wants to go, let him. I'd rather have a right back who wants to play for the club.

This.

Reading between the lines of the comments from CS to the Evil Post it seems that we've offered him terms and he isn't happy with them. But I could be misreading it of course.

This.

Reading between the lines of the comments from CS to the Evil Post it seems that we've offered him terms and he isn't happy with them. But I could be misreading it of course.

Standard response to turn down the first offer I suppose but I doubt the same brinkmanship he tried last time will work again. Steve C will see him as not committed and Steve L will not want to be messed around again.

Archived