IGNORED

So Is This It?

BCFC Jordan

I'm confused. The momentum seemed to be going for approval and now this.

They vote 8-0 in favour of change of use for the existing Sainsbury's but when it came to the debate on the Ashton Gate site, I don't think I heard one councillor speak in favour of the proposal.

Now I got the bit about having a bus service right up to the store, but how many people take their weekly shop home on a push bike?

And why are eight people deciding the fate of something as big as this anyway?

Hardly surprising with these bunch of selfish tools in charge.

Damage bedminster ? How for ***** sake? by Sainsbury's moving across the road ?

ive just had a gander at the Bristol City Council main website. Not even a mention let alone under "latest news".

its obvious these *****s couldnt give a toss about football full stop.

And talking of tossers why was the result 4 -2 ? I thought there were either councillors? Are we saying two refused or undecided ?

If thats the case they should be forced to step down

I'm confused. The momentum seemed to be going for approval and now this.

They vote 8-0 in favour of change of use for the existing Sainsbury's but when it came to the debate on the Ashton Gate site, I don't think I heard one councillor speak in favour of the proposal.

Now I got the bit about having a bus service right up to the store, but how many people take their weekly shop home on a push bike?

And why are eight people deciding the fate of something as big as this anyway?

Two of them did. One women and one man.

Build the new stadium and let ashton gate rot. See how they like the tramps, druggies and rapists!

Hopefully if house prices begin to rise, the value of land will also. Let it rot. Se how they like that next to their goddam park!

No! - under no circumstances should we allow rovers to play at the gate......

Do these people get paid for appearances?

If there is a refusal it makes you wonder what else can be realistically expected to be developed on the site and this after Sainsbury's has already got change of use... it simply makes no sense to anybody with half a brain. OH.... sorry, i forgot who we are talking about here.. now that explains it.

I suppose there is always an appeal and a brown paper bag that might have fish and chips in it but also might not.. that should sort it out.

Don't know why the chair (apart from being a very bad one) kept questioning the difference between Tesco and Sainsburys applications.

Buses guy should just get in his car and go home (sorry, I meant bus).

North St will carry on I'm sure, not like there isn't a Sainsburys up the road is it.

From what I saw earlier I was pretty disgusted at the process (regardless of the decision) in terms of money and that they were all pretty bleedin clueless..

Guest oftbc

Don't know why the chair (apart from being a very bad one) kept questioning the difference between Tesco and Sainsburys applications.

Buses guy should just get in his car and go home (sorry, I meant bus).

North St will carry on I'm sure, not like there isn't a Sainsburys up the road is it.

From what I saw earlier I was pretty disgusted at the process (regardless of the decision) in terms of money and that they were all pretty bleedin clueless..

Nor me when somewhere I read he said that this plan should not be compared to the Tesco plan but he kept doing it himself.

Absolutely disgusted with our City council. They are determined to turn this City into a a Eco-Cycle-Bus only city. The must hold shares in Halfords and First Group or something. This City is fast being run into the ground by the useless ***** at the council. I could go on and on but would be here for ages writting about how tehy are holding back our City and ruining it. How teh hell am I supposed to do a months shopping on a bus you idiots? Who gives a crap about a couple of shops on North Street. I'm sure the traders would be able to get a management position at Sainsburys if the shit hit the fan. How many people are employed on North Street where trade could suffer as a result of the new Sainsburys store? I somehow doubt it is anywhere near the 1000 jobs that would be created by the whole project.

What if the whole project is now scrapped and England is then awarded the world cup in December. Not only would it make us as a city a laughing stock but it would be a missed opportunity that Bristol will never have again. George Ferguson should never have been allowed to speak about his plans for Ashton Gate, That's hardly judging the application on it's merits. His scheme is all pie in the sky. City would never ever sell the site to him anyways.

Bedminster town centre (yea as if) is a shit hole and really needs to be flattened and re-designed. It is out of date and needs to move into the 21st century and then maybe peopel would rather shop there. Maybe these traders should have worked with Sainsburys instead of against them and maybe. Pip Sheard who spoke against the application once told me on Facebook she shops in the current Sainsburys store and would shop at the new store yet there she was speaking against it. Just admit it it's all about the new stadium and that's what it all comes down to and gaining some brownie points in teh circles she travels in. Just remember they may have their wish for now but they need to be careful of what they wished for cos what could end up there could be a lot worse.

Don't these councilors get it that it is the City council that has invested money and bidding to be a world cup City? I'm sure teh bid team wont be happy with their colleges this morning! As I understand it the application was for outline planning permission which would have secured the sell of teh site to Sainsburys had it been granted. Why go through all this crap about bus stops etc when it's just for outline permission? Outline permission means agree in principle subject to further designs etc yet to me this seems as if it was treated as a full application. Outline has nothing to do with design layout etc. From what I've read I can't see nothing mentioned by the chair that it is only a outline application. Yes design etc are important but leave that until the full application where you can pick at it as much as you like. If I was City that is what I would use as a starting point for any appeal. If our councilors don't know the difference between outline and full then god please help us.

Archived