IGNORED

Trouble On The Cumberland Basin

madmax

Absolutly tragic if someone has died, but questions need to be asked about the trouble. Theres certain clubs we play (Millwall, Stoke, Pompey etc) that we have history with and each and every time we play theres always trouble...it was going to happen today, I wasn't there but by all acounts there were no police were around for a long time ??? Could of been prevented with better planning.

fuc.king disgusting behaviour. Setting fire to coaches? Smashing people over the head with fire extinguishers? Throwing bollards etc around? I hope the troglodytes involved end up behind bars for this one. How can these idiots behave like this over a game of bloody football?

I really hope this is not true, why on earth would anybody even consider attacking another human being, lets face it banter inside the ground is one thing and we all do it because it's part and parcel of football, it's what makes it the game we love, however to deliberatly try and injure another person is just plain wrong and if he had passed away(which I really hope not) then it would make you wonder what the point of football really is.

As one post said, The Wall fans were brilliant today and really played the 12th man and roared their team on to victory, also I agree aswell, is football really worth it anymore, for instance I never go to places like Millwall,Cardiff etc for fear of this sort of thing happening to me, do I really have to hope my team loses whenever I go to a rough ground just to be left alone.

My thoughts are with the Millwall fan at this time

exactly right. All were going on is the fact an ambulance didnt drive off with its flashing blues on....

I hope he made it. But some are saying he didn't now. I am waiting for official announcement on the whole case, but if he made, happy days. If he didn't, we're ****ed.

MM

Sorry, i'm genuinely confused.

What has happened?? Really??? Millwall forums are already on overdrive based on this thread alone.

I'm sorry, but this sounds serious and yet rumour is feeding rumour.

It's not helping.

I really hope this is not true, why on earth would anybody even consider attacking another human being, lets face it banter inside the ground is one thing and we all do it because it's part and parcel of football, it's what makes it the game we love, however to deliberatly try and injure another person is just plain wrong and if he had passed away(which I really hope not) then it would make you wonder what the point of football really is.

As one post said, The Wall fans were brilliant today and really played the 12th man and roared their team on to victory, also I agree aswell, is football really worth it anymore, for instance I never go to places like Millwall,Cardiff etc for fear of this sort of thing happening to me, do I really have to hope my team loses whenever I go to a rough ground just to be left alone.

Totally seconded TOP POST

Seems like there is ambiguity on the identity of this fan as a couple have said he was a City fan. Guess we're going to have to have our fingers crossed that it is just rumours getting out of hand...

What Millwall fan?

Your post is full of such certainty, you obviously know something.

I've just driven round that way on my way home (went out for food after the game) and other than a sh*t load of glass in the road by the littleswing bridge, there are no coppers in that area anymore, nor any sign of anywhere being shut due to there being a crime scene, and no smashed up coaches either. Let's hope this rumour turns out to be proven false.

I've just driven round that way on my way home (went out for food after the game) and other than a sh*t load of glass in the road by the littleswing bridge, there are no coppers in that area anymore, nor any sign of anywhere being shut due to there being a crime scene, and no smashed up coaches either. Let's hope this rumour turns out to be proven false.

Thats positive news. If there was a murder and burning coach then surely the area would be on lockdown and part a crime scene investigation. I think this may be rumours getting out of hand and maybe people need to think about the content of passing on rumours before posting if the issues are as sensitive as this

thats got to be a good sign? if there had been a death surely they would be there for some time collecting evidence etc?

Willem 2 and Sparta Prague we go to Tilburg next trip end of the year.

When you say 'we' do you mean some City thugs that are up for a fight or are you personally involved with these trips? Also, am I just being ignorant or have the Dutch lads travelled for the love of the game or the love of a fight? If its the latter then they are not welcome and can sod off back to Holland, they are not wanted at this club if those are their intentions.

I sincerely hope this loss of life is proven untrue.Today I took my daughter to her first ever City game, She has a season ticket this year- Makes me wonder?

I hope the people who are posting their RIPs and 'accounts' of what happened, witnessed it with their own eyes.

This could be a very serious situation and should not be something subject to OTIB rumour.

I've heard two accounts of what has happened, both og which i will not post on here, but needless to say, this wasn't a coach of Millwall Official Away Travel Service supporters and NEITHER set of fans have coated themselves in glory.

I have no idea if somebody is dead, i hope to god not. But this sudden love in with those Millwall fans who were a credit to theor club today, cough, cough, excuse me while i choke on my tea.

Well, I sincerely hope my mate is wrong. Never have I ever hoped this be the case at anytime in the past, this just isn't football. I suppose we should just watch the media channels and wait and see, but it doesn't look good.

MM

If this has happened then the return game at The Den is actually going to be scary. I hope they do make it bubble because it's one I'd want to go to but I don't think it will be safe unless it is bubble.

Making enemies of Millwall fans is a bad move, could be some dark days ahead

all you care about is the return match - you are a moron

What Millwall fan?

Your post is full of such certainty, you obviously know something.

I'm replying to the post mate, I was long gone before the millwall fans left, no way I was going to be around in case anything did kick off, something seems to have gone on though like I said I just hope it isn' true and is just a rumour,

Archived